• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The importance of coming out as a Psychedelic user.

I only talk about my use to people who have an open mind, and those who did not fall into the propaganda that they are all bad. Unfortunately, most do not know the whole story and don't care to know. But one would have to actively search out this information and be interested to know.

I do acknowledge that they have the potential to be bad for you. But if they are used the right away and taken with care, then it is essentially harmless and can be used for good.

I think one of the most important things is that you don't let it take over your life or let them be any more than a "recreational" activity. Ya still gotta focus and do your shit. This step comes after taking substances in a safe and responsible manner.

A lot of people around me who seem to think I'm mature would be surprised to know that some of these substances helped me to get to where I'm at. Mentally, emotionally and spiritually speaking. Compared to most sober people I know, I have a lot of empathy and a tendency to look at things a different way.

If I told them it's partially because of lsd, mdma and shrooms, they would be shocked. All it ended up doing from today's perspective is become more open, understanding and very lenient with my judgments.

To me, that counts for a lot. :)

Though I do intend (and will) quit by the end of this year. It's just time.

Thank you for the topic. It was a nice release. Heh.

I kinda blurted out to my dad about two years ago that I'd had experiences in the past. I was speaking with him about my mom's depression/mania/bipolarity. My point was that psychedelics work on serotonin receptors and that antidepressants also work those receptors and they work opposite to psychedelics. And if psychedelics show you god; what's the inverse of that?? The point I was driving at, at the time, was if antidepressants aren't working, maybe there's another avenue/option to help relieve her of those feelings. I realize through subsequent research that it may not be a wise course of action, but my heart and thoughts were in the right intention. Don't know how he dealt with that information, but our relationship hasn't changed for the worse, so it couldn't have been that bad.

Teafairie makes a really good point: If more "normal" and "successful" people started coming out, it would drastically change the public image / debate about psychedelics, because, right now, all we have are the fringe outliers coming out, only because they are the bravest and don't give a fuck about their public image.

We need people with important jobs to hold to be taking risks with their public image to really tip the scales.