Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

• Total voters
I figured the 2nd wouldn't live up to the 1st and I didn't even know there was a 3rd! Good grief.

When I think about it though, it was pretty sick ahaha. My brother found all those kind of movies and his girlfriend would be horrified and leave the room. She liked the really mainstream girly movies.

Perhaps a new thead about the best horror movies ever made should be started; unless there is a thread already....

I remember watching human centipede 3 with a friend of mine and both of us regretted watching it. That one scene with the comatose patient and the main character eating genitalia fucked me up. Also, where can you go from the third film? Ffs they had 500 people be part of the centipede.

The 1st Human Centipede had a few funny parts. It was a film that, when released, got a lot of its "fame" from the internet...the story of people being joined together to form a "centipede", the mad scientist plot, everything about it was just ridiculous and strange and kinda lent itself to becoming an early meme

I remember thinking most of HC1 was pretty uneventful, though. Definitely nothing special. There were quite a few strong horror/thriller entries from Europe during that decade* but Human Centipede wasn't one of them IMO

I never saw the second Human Centipede film (and from what I understand I'm not missing much), but isn't the HC2 main character a fan of the first Human Centipede film? I don't think a director has ever referenced the first film in a series so explicitly in his sequel lol

*A Serbian Film being one of them IMO. I agree with you that it's a "good movie", although I wouldn't recommend it to everyone because it's got some content people may find offensive/disturbing. Human Centipede is more "mainstream" than A Serbian Film is but ASF is the better film of the two. It's weird because ASF's production is very polished, very professional-looking, it really looks like a project by some people that knew what they were doing and not some fly-by-night movie by extreme guerrilla filmmakers. But then the plot descends into this...really crazy, super dark/morbid/transgressive movie...it's a one of a kind film for sure.

But yeah, there were a couple others from around that time that I quite liked as well, like Black Death (2010), Mum & Dad (2008),and End of the Line (2007), from our friends in Canada

Yeah, like if I was having family over I wouldn't be like "Hey, let's watch A Serbian Film!"
My brother's a pussy at movies, though and I did convince him that The Human Centipede was a kids movie lol.

The Human Centipede 2 is one of the only horror movies banned here (UK). We ARE the strictest place in the world when it comes to that, though. You can get it but it has like literally 32 minutes cut or something crazy.
The Japanese movie Gurotesque (Grotesque) is outright banned here. They said it would be impossible to release a cut version because it would be 7 minutes long and be incoherent.

Human Centipede was a masterpiece I have on DVD, but I can't take anymore of it on a new depraved level. I didn't see Human Centipede 2 because it looked too repulsive.
One long and boring insomniac night, I watched Centipede 2. Besides its totally cringe-worthy plot, it seemed to me that it would only work for a couple of days before everyone but the first guy in line would be dead from dehydration. :eek: A waste of time, and now I can't unsee the thing! Ugh! :poop: