• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

The Hottest Drugs?

Eisbaer

Bluelighter
I noticed that taking certain drugs (like MDMA) or alcohol can make someone feel really warm or hot, or increase body temperature. I then thought, would there any drugs which only increase body temperature or that can remove the ability to sense temperature, without any other major effects?

Could a drug like this have any permanent effect if taken long or short term, in such a way that the person would not be able to sense temperature anymore?

A drug like this could be used in cold conditions, to reduce or completely eliminate the sensation of temperature, thus increasing the pain threshold.

Last edited:
that would not be useful because it would mean people would be more likely to freeze get frostbite or hypothermia not realizing how cold they were.

There's your actual body temperature and percieved temperature. While drugs that affect either are not particularly good for what your thinking especially the latter as if someone is on fire yet can't feel heat they could burn without notice probably until pain kicks in from damage done. Some people are born unable to feel either hot or cold temperatures sometimes both.

In extreme situations, that could be the case. However, in everyday life, this could be beneficial as there would be no reason for the brain to worry about the temperature being too cold or hot.

After doing a bit of searching, I could not seem to find anything which fits what I'm looking for exactly, apart from this article which seems to indicate dimorphine has the greatest effect on the reduction thermal pain sensation.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1509173/pdf/bripharmchem00122-0017.pdf

Last edited:
very very bad to cook your brain. I've had 2 seizures in my life and all I remember about them was a little before I felt abnormally hot but did nothing about it. I was found in my bathroom with a cool shower running

Most Opiates will make you feel warmer and help shake off cold weather but like others have said it's not really a good thing. For mildly cold weather it's alright if you realize that you still need to put heavier cloths on to keep warm. On the other hand if it's at any of the extreme temperatures hot or cold it's better that you feel it so you don't damage your body.

Most Opiates will make you feel warmer and help shake off cold weather but like others have said it's not really a good thing. For mildly cold weather it's alright if you realize that you still need to put heavier cloths on to keep warm. On the other hand if it's at any of the extreme temperatures hot or cold it's better that you feel it so you don't damage your body.

Do opiates make a person not feel temperature, or increase body temperature?

I understand, so it would be better if the drug would inhibit sensing the temperature, instead of increasing body temperature because an increased body temperature can damage organs.

Well inhibiting the ability to sense temperature will put you in danger of frostbite. I don't know if opiates actually increase your body temp but they definitely do suppress temperature pretty well, better for cold weather then hot.

I would say PCP knocks off that so called temperature barrier/ value more then anything I have expiremented with. But I don't know if your including dissociatives? Since they can be so mind altering , I guess that wouldn't serve the purpose to which you are stating, but in the other hand, I would say what you mentioned MDMA, to me it fights the cold much better then alcohol, and a bit better then opiates too, but opiates are another great example.

Those are several classes of chemicals, is there any way to tell which chemical knocks off temperature sensing the most by looking at the molecule? Because there are a lot of PCP, MDMA, and opiate analogs/research chemicals, in which some might work better or worse than others.

Dissociatives might work, as long as it would mostly only inhibits temperature, since that might not be a good idea being completely dissociated outside in the cold for a long time.

I definitely agree, but he asked for the best that itself inihibit temp, best I can think of is dissociative drugs when your totally knees deep into the experience, but yes lol like I said there is no way that would be smart or a good idea hence probably destroying the purpose why you would be outside in the cold in the first place.

I noticed that taking certain drugs (like MDMA) or alcohol can make someone feel really warm or hot, or increase body temperature. I then thought, would there any drugs which only increase body temperature or that can remove the ability to sense temperature, without any other major effects?

Could a drug like this have any permanent effect if taken long or short term, in such a way that the person would not be able to sense temperature anymore?

A drug like this could be used in cold conditions, to reduce or completely eliminate the sensation of temperature, thus increasing the pain threshold.

Just because you don't feel cold doesn't mean that it's not cold, so you could freeze to death even though you don't feel cold
Some bacteria can cause fever (it's called pyrogens) but that's extremely bad for your body
And neurotoxicity is increased by high temperature, this is way you should always make sure you don't overheat while on MDMA etc.

Imo there's no way to increase body temperature/make you not feel cold without dangerous side effects

Yeah, I read that you first feel really cold, but in the last few minutes you feel warm, fall asleep and die

Alcohol.

Nobody mentioned alcohol and there have been cases in the media, where people under the influence have underdressed for the weather, and died of hypothermia due to the elements.
Guess it gives you the false sense of being warm, which can be extremely dangerous this time of year.

There is an absurdly dangerous and powerful chemical called 2.4 dinitrophenol which is used to help people lose weight by expanding energy as heat, this is the "hottest drug", I've used it before, it's a unique feeling radiating heat.. There is a chemcial called Dantrolone that is supposed to help overdoses of this drug.

Overheating from other drugs is different, example being amphetamines constrict my blood vessels limiting my body's natural cooling potential and I can cool down like... 20 times faster in front of a fan if I get hot but if I'm unable to cool off it suddenly becomes extremely dangerous. Loose clothes!

Last edited:
2.4 dinitrophenol may be the best match for what I'm looking for. Have you been outside after taking this chemical, and did you feel any temperature?

2.4 dinitrophenol may be the best match for what I'm looking for. Have you been outside after taking this chemical, and did you feel any temperature?

It's too dangerous to fuck with, it hijacks your mitochondria (it does more or less the same thing that some animals do to get warm after they wake up from torpor) and if you take just a little bit to much you pretty much burn from the inside and die and iirc there's no antidote

It's just a shitty drug through and through, I have used a LOT of it and the best way to use it is no more than 200-300mg a day with no carbs and some ephedrine.

The dangers of it are 90% external, if you do this protocol in the heat you could possibly die while you will not feel it at all if you are in a decently cold area.

What's odd is meth is able to raise my external temp more than dnp could..