• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

The Healthy Living Photo thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your goal is to cut fat really quickly, then ketosis is the way to go, sure. If long-term health is the goal though, I'm not convinced.

But then again, I'm still in the process of tweaking my diet. Within six months I aim to get the vast majority of my carbs from vegetables rather than grains, then start tweaking macronutrient ratios.

Yup. I jumpstarted my weight loss that way (I gained fairly a lot when I quit doing meth hardcore). When I was very good I got ALL my carbohydrates from vegetables, and did not eat any white stuff at all (zero sugar, no fruits, no processed anything.) I got my protein from beef, chicken, pork, fish (I was very liberal with the fat and dairy.....) and I still lost more weight than I ever did when I was on a low fat diet (ugh.)

After maybe six months I became I bit more relaxed, and now eat some fruit and allow a little bit of sugar in my diet (not white stuff though...mostly like I said in the form of fruit, mascobado, etc.) I have terribly bad periods too,where I'll eat stuff I havent eaten in years (potato chips, bread, etc. :p) but hey...we gotta live a little right? But when I want to be good again, I know exactly what to do and what to cut out.

Anyway my point is, I feel best and at my healthiest when I get most, if not ALL my carbs from vegetables. Thank god I love veggies....So, in conclusion, this is what works most for me when I want to maintain my weight. Again, you must know YOUR body and know what works for you because what works for me, may not be the best for everybody else.

Carry on.

Last edited:
^^Thats sounds like a great diet..."diet?" :) I think I might try that. Although its really hard when my neighbor comes over with cookies and cakes all the time. :\

I'm back! The absence due to a course I took out of town.

IMG_5749.jpg

Here is a photo that is recent... it's not much, but it should give an idea. Great to finally see some of you! I'll get garden photos up soon!

Like I said, I get sugar w/d. And the fake sweetner is gross. Oh well...
I guess I've just some to look at the weight charts that min. is 120 and max is 140. And people around me tell me some weight on would help. I don't look as sickly as I used to.
My mom got that carnation instant breakfast stuff. It isn't bad and has vitmains and minerals. I used to take a vitmain, but it makes me sick if I don't eat.

well no, I crave pop (soda), junk food. Its not like I have to have it in my tea everyday or something.

IMG_5749.jpg

Here is a photo that is recent... it's not much, but it should give an idea. Great to finally see some of you! I'll get garden photos up soon!

Yay!!! I'll be waiting for a spate of B pics soon! ;)

Two things:

1. You're hot, and

2. Are you telling me you did all this without a gym?? Do you have a "before" photo? If so, you give me lots of hope! :D

ah. thank you =D and yes i did most of this without a gym or a big set of weights. i've only got roughly 70lbs of weight at home and well that isn't much to work with when it comes to getting bigger. but from what i understand higher reps at lower weight improves endurance and tone more so than heavy weight and lower reps which would build strength.

i've been steadily improving, usually i work out around 20-60 minutes a day depending on how im feeling. sometimes i go for a rough work out to improve and other times it's to simply maintain, usually on an alternating basis. 1) improve (doing more push ups/pullups situps/reps with weights 2) maintain (doing the same amount of reps/sets as the day before without pushing myself) and then repeat.

anywhere i should improve on? i'm not looking to get big necessarily, but i know that it takes some bulking up in order to have bulk to cut. i noticed since doing pushups that my triceps, chest and the muscles on the sides of my chest have been getting very defined, since well, i didn't have anything noticeable there before. pushup wise, i was only able to do about 10-15 and then i couldn't do anymore. now i can pop out 20-25 easy, before i start to sweat and struggle pushing myself.

Since i've returned to chicago and visited my friend who just graduated the navy i have a whole new set of excercises to do :D calisthenics from what i understand help build muscles and not only reinforce those muscles, but develop some that go normally unused. they are also are great stretching excercises so the risk of injury is rather low. i want to start to include plyometric exercises into my routine, but i'm not sure where to start on that.

Last edited:

IMG_5749.jpg

btw, very nice :] do you run?

pillthrill : keep pushin it :D you seem to be making good progress and i wouldn't worry too much about putting on weight rather than trying to tone and build muscle. muscle itself will bring weight, but of course you need to eat. just eat right, excercise, and it should come naturally.

uhh what the hell man. thats not a good diet! You need veggies for vitamins and minerals (not to mention FIBER).

You've got a good point with that one. Any ideas on foods containing ZERO carbs or sugars that could provide a decent source of dietary fiber? Like I said, it's just a couple days a week I'm faced with this little problemo, but it does seem to make things a little "Irregular" if you know what I mean:X:D

Wow<3<3;)

i've been steadily improving, usually i work out around 20-60 minutes a day depending on how im feeling. sometimes i go for a rough work out to improve and other times it's to simply maintain, usually on an alternating basis. 1) improve (doing more push ups/pullups situps/reps with weights 2) maintain (doing the same amount of reps/sets as the day before without pushing myself) and then repeat.

anywhere i should improve on? i'm not looking to get big necessarily, but i know that it takes some bulking up in order to have bulk to cut. i noticed since doing pushups that my triceps, chest and the muscles on the sides of my chest have been getting very defined, since well, i didn't have anything noticeable there before. pushup wise, i was only able to do about 10-15 and then i couldn't do anymore. now i can pop out 20-25 easy, before i start to sweat and struggle pushing myself.

I surely noticed a difference man, good job. And you're right, you'll eventually have to bulk a little more because you can only cut so much. Now most people I've talked to believe you're either bulking, or cutting. You hear the term "lean bulk" but this is rather difficult without the use of "substances"(A-Rod) :) to really shred out while keeping most of your mass.

Since you're already so lean, I'd suggest just eating as many calories/protein/carbs as possible while staying on your current routine. Keep upping the pushups and you'll be at 40, 50, 60 before you know it. I forgot how much cardio you said you do, but try to do it at least 3 times a week. I believe you said you have limited weight access but just try to be inventive. Do pullups, dips, etc.

It's really all about your diet, so say you gain 10 or 15 pounds, and some of it is a little fat, when you decide to cut back up, you'll have gained 7-10 pounds of muscle(give or take, just giving a hypothetical situation so don't hold me to exact numbers here) which dosen't sound like a lot, but is steady progress.

^Thank ye, and G_P

Cyrus, thanks, I do run sprints across fields sporadically, but I dislike jogging

You've got a good point with that one. Any ideas on foods containing ZERO carbs or sugars that could provide a decent source of dietary fiber? Like I said, it's just a couple days a week I'm faced with this little problemo, but it does seem to make things a little "Irregular" if you know what I mean:X:D
I would suggest you not try for a zero carb diet. At least get carbs from veggies on those days. AT LEAST. You might also contemplate something like quinoa on those days also for real good/healthy carbs.

Where do you get off being so harsh on a certain diet Gaian? Does it mean nothing to you that I said I lost more fat and retained almost all muscle mass while carb cycling? I just don't see your whole "that shit dosen't work" stance.

I'm simply stating my diet and results(posted my picture first I'm sure you saw it) and just giving an option to those looking to really shred body fat. BTW, where're your pictures, as this is the photo thread!?! :)

IMG_5749.jpg

You are cute to the max! C'est moi:

IMG_3293.jpg

Where do you get off being so harsh on a certain diet Gaian? Does it mean nothing to you that I said I lost more fat and retained almost all muscle mass while carb cycling? I just don't see your whole "that shit dosen't work" stance.

I'm simply stating my diet and results(posted my picture first I'm sure you saw it) and just giving an option to those looking to really shred body fat. BTW, where're your pictures, as this is the photo thread!?! :)

well if it works for you then keep it up!?

everybody is different...I tend to err away from extremes though...I think that can do more harm in the long run than good....

I think at least eating a dozen or so grams of carbs a day is a minimum (from veggies)

otherwise you'll have trouble crapping

if you're having trouble crapping then your diet...............................................

SUCKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.