• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

The Healthy Living Photo thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I was looking to get into a martial arts program but I wanted one that had practical uses ya know?

haha come to new york city. ill have you repeat that exact phrase to my masters.

PICT0202_BL.jpg

PICT0201_BL.jpg

I've been to the gym about a half dozen times over the last 2 weeks. I could have gotten a better bicep picture but I was like "meh fuck it" and decided I'll get more pictures once I fix 1) my car and then 2) go to the gym some more.

Make sure you don't overwork yourself if your trying to gain mass

My fiancee is huge into pilates, I don't know how similar it is to yoga. Sorry. :)

It is a little to intense and well painful for me. (That is the main reason I refuse to work out.)

Yoga is also better for streching, and is safer with my joints (that some other stuff) I more want to tone and relax... not build muscle like pilates usually does, or offer cardio

What pain do you have? What condition or injury?

If you have a re-existing condition that you must work with in order to exercise, I suggest seeing a physical therapist to advise you on what you can safely do and what you should be doing to avoid further deterioration.

I find I do more work in yoga than pilates. I think yoga has built more visible muscle for me than pilates. I relax more during yoga (depending on the style of class). Although I have been doing both every week for over a year.

An exercise that incorporates mindful breathing, muscle isolation, and kegels works for me LOL!
I have less lower back pain since doing pilates and my waist is tighter.

I failed that old pact so badly that if you mention it, I will just blush and hide my face. Like a real man.

New pact. With aep. July 1st I will strip down.

December was rough for me. I drank a lot (with the pills) and had plenty of excuses not to hit the gym. New Year, though, and I've been doing well. 23rd and I've been to the gym 20 days for weights and/or cardio. Getting my whey and creatine hcl in. Pictures are on hold, but again July is the new goal.

I mainly need to work on width for my back (meaning more pullups and wide-grip stuff) and also try to actually get calves.

How about how? Have you gotten back into the spirit?

Good to hear you've been in 20 of the 23! I've been trying to cut down, and the first place to lose mass is my upper body while I still hold fat in the olbiques. I'm probably around 208 or so. Trying to get down to around 195 by Marchish.

I was in the spirit of bulking for awhile, but called that off Jan 1. Been on a vegan diet(cept cheese ONCE) for 9 days.

Don't mind the brown paint on my fingers :)
2li7j10.jpg

CaptHeroin(lol) good to see you in healthy living man :)

Not bad KSober! Don't really see anything I could fault you on, as you're very balanced at your current level.

Vegan diet? What, you better be taking soy protein ;)

Ok I'll confess, I"m still taking whey cause I'd already bought a 10 lb bag! So yes I'll be shopping for a vegan protein powder soon! :D

A hippie in Texas the Aussie Bush...who'd a thunk that? :p

Seriously, though, why the vegan diet? Or tell me to go look at another thread....;)

my new years resolution was to get into shape,
i shoulda taken a jan 1 picture
but i forgot, and now its to late, so ill take a feb 1st picture,
and post it,

CaptHeroin(lol) good to see you in healthy living man :)

Good to see you all here too! I live my life pretty healthy now that I'm off of heroin, and I don't like alcohol or tobacco. I've been interested in bulking up for a while now and it's good to get to know other people who are working on themselves, whether completely all the time or on/off. I used to be an on/off kind of person, especially when I would get sick I would forget about working out for a while.

But now that I have a sweet as hell gym to go to, I am going to be there every day in between my classes. %)

Keep up the good work everyone!

my new years resolution was to get into shape,
i shoulda taken a jan 1 picture
but i forgot, and now its to late, so ill take a feb 1st picture,
and post it,

Sounds good!

I'll try to post pictures in the upcoming weeks and months as I am noticing change. As of right now I am rather busy but I will go to the gym tomorrow for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.