View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Habitual Psychedelic User

ergotmccoy

Bluelighter
Am I safe to say habitual, and common psychedelic use, as well as dissasociative causes your mind to go delusionally insane......

Delusionalist may call me a dickhead, but I'm not out to bash anyone, that includes the 2ci eaters that exclaim everything is a sign, or the acid seers with a permabuzz, nor the ketamine indulgers who are God.

"One final paragraph of advice: Do not burn yourself out. Be as I am-a reluctant enthusiast… a part time crusader, a half-hearted fanatic. Save the other half of yourselves and your lives for pleasure and adventure. It is not enough to fight for the land; it is even more important to enjoy it. While you can. While it is still there. So get out there and mess around with your friends, ramble out yonder and explore the forests, encounter the grizz, climb the mountains. Run the rivers, breathe deep of that yet sweet and lucid air, sit quietly for a while and contemplate the precious stillness, that lovely, mysterious and awesome space. Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to your body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much: I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those deskbound people with their hearts in a safe deposit box and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this: you will outlive the bastards."
- Edward Abbey

No, I would disagree. It all depends on the person, what they take, how much they regularily take, how often they take.
You can take a drug once a week or once a month, and as long as you keep up a schedule like that, then it would be considered "habitual."
You can habitually use psychedelics in moderation, in which case there very well could be no/few negative effects.

ergotmccoy said:
Am I safe to say habitual, and common psychedelic use, as well as dissasociative causes your mind to go delusionally insane......

Delusionalist may call me a dickhead, but I'm not out to bash anyone, that includes the 2ci eaters that exclaim everything is a sign, or the acid seers with a permabuzz, nor the ketamine indulgers who are God.

I too would disagree. I would say that if you view habitual psychedelic/dissassociative users as delusionally insane, then you are likely the one who is in fact delusional.

I have encountered a few people in real life who think habitual psychedelic users are "delusionally insane" and these people are most often quite delusional about what a psychedelic experience entails. Their delusion stems from their ignorance, but more directly from their own arrogance that they are sure they know "how it is" or "what's happening" etc. They have little or no experience of the states of consciousness they are quick to write off as "delusional" or "insane" yet act as if they are the be all and know all. Hmmm, sounds like ego delusion to me! :D

By psychiatric standards, I and all my friends (and probably many of the people who post on BL) could be labeled crazy/insane/delusional/blah/etc because of our views and beliefs that stem from our lifestyle which includes regular (though i would certainly not say "habitual") psychedelic/dissassociative use. Though from a spiritual viewpoint those same traits/nuances that a shrink calls you crazy for are precisely ordained upgrades/experiences for your mind/body/spirit and an integral part of your earthly life experience. =D

Peace, I hope you see the light and realise "hey, i'm not crazy, I Am God!" =D

this "permabuzz"/permafried crap is the most annoying myth about psychedelics there is. A small minority of people who use psychedelics will have a traumatic experience that results in Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Syndrome symptoms, which include but are not limited to flashbacks. So do a minority of car accident victims, and soldiers who see combat. It isn't a "permabuzz", it's a symptom of a mental disorder which can result from ANY overwhelming and frightening experience, whether psychedelic precipitated or not.

I used to trip 2-3 times a week for over a year, and still many times since and before that, and I don't feel insane. I do wish the spiders would stop crawling around in my ear canal though, that and I wish the ghosts would go away...but I actually work for people who are literally schizophrenic, and they have called me "the head client" (we call them "clients" to be p.c. about it). So, take that for what it is worth, but I am highly effective at my job. I guess it takes one to know one as the old saying goes.

ergotmccoy has just proven with one solitary sentence that psychedelics make you go insane.

Good job, good thread.

</dripping with sarcasm>

Hmm hasnt he just asked for some flaming here. good luck ergotmccoy :D

By what criterea do you label someone as "delusional"? If holding irrational or bizzare beleifs is enough to be considered as such, than there aren't many non-delusional people on this planet, considering the mass proliferation of religious beleifs and superstitions.

i am delusional...

well

except that i know that i'm delusional

which...uhm

means i should go play video games!!!!!

I think that psilocybin will a person more sane. For example, psilocybin is being studied as a treatment for OCD.

Psilocybin allows the mind to overlook learned thought processes and barriers. This is why it works in curing OCD (learned thought process). It allows the user to have more control over their mind. This removes bias, and allows for a clear look at the world.

The funny thing is, I read over all my clients charts recently, and every single one of them (they are long term schizophrenic/schizoaffective disorder diagnoses) had encounters with weed, and several with lsd, prior to their initial hospitalizations...this doesn;t prove anything other than that there is a possible correlation, but I am guessing that for some folks it can set the ball rolling down the kookoo trail.

One really can't make any sweeping generalizations about what psychedelics do. Some people have used psychedelics quite excessively and not gone insane. Eccentric maybe, but not insane. Others do a psychedelic once and flip out. And as someone suggested, some can take psychedelics and get more sane.

Stop! Stop it all! Objective science does not mix with psychedelic experiences without someone getting hurt!!!

I clasify delusional when you have irrational views, and it is not in the same clasification as schizophrenia at all.....

The guy that did ketamine daily for years and talked to dolphins is just an out of the world experience with dissasocitives...

I have a friend who was a satanist and did DXM habitually for 2 years and got off it for good, and started doing various phenethylamines and tryptamines, he was the most improved student in school, and his grades got very good.

We are all equally crazy, crazy itself is an irrational word, and where I come from hipocracy is free, nice to see you guys could debate me on this one :), and the hipocrit I am, honestly I know christian girls who won't touch a substance who are just as delusional as a Dexed out jugalo sippin a faygo in the foodcourt in the mall.

Flame it up boys flame it up you flamers

If you're looking for delusional people, look at people going to a mosque on a Friday, synagogue on a Saturday or church on a Sunday. They all believe they are exclusively right in their beliefs, yet all reference the same ideology. It's spiritual dicksizing - my prophet's better than your prophet.

That's about as delusional as the worst acid head I've ever come across, and they don't even have a drug to blame for it!

I've used psychedelics habitually for awhile and the only problems I've had have been slight memory problems. That could be attributed to marijuana, though.

in the last five years of used acid, shrooms, dom, 2-cb, 2c-t-7 etc etc.. not every week but monthly..
i would say i was one of the most normal people i know.. (honest)
there are some pretty nutty people out there who have got that way without the help of psychedelics or any other drugs.

Is there anyone who would say their vision hasn't changed at all from hallucinogen use? I know plenty of folks who have eaten hallucinogens and quite a few have some sort of visual problems and I don't think they have hppd or anythhing?

^ I would say my vision is no different now than it was 700 acid trips ago. Wait... are you just talking about HPPD symptoms? Cuz I don't have any of those, BUT my eyesight is getting a little poor. I doubt that has anything to do with psychedelics, though. I just chalk it up to I'm getting older.