Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011)

rate this movie!

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/1star.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/2stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters
Aside from the dodgey accents & the use of Enya I think I prefer the remake. Although Noomi Raplace was better in the originals than that new girl.

its done in basically the exact same way.

hmmm... maybe i don't remember it correctly then from the movie. :\

book and movie spoilers...

NSFW:
in the book, she was on her motorcycle and narrowly avoids a jack-knifing truck that Martin has driven into head-on. as she's passing, from her peripheral she sees the collision burst into flames. 150 yards ahead, she stops momentarily to see the truck-driver escape; Martin's car is engulfed in flames underneath the tanker.

in the American film version, i think she stops after the accident just before Martin's car erupts into flames.

in either version, she didn't really 'let' Martin burn to death as much as there was nothing to do; Martin had determined his own fate.

it's very possible i recall or interpreted it incorrectly though.

^^^ its 10x as intense in the american version.

NSFW:
she limps through the snow home alone, carrying a check for 1,000 kronner "for food." she can barely hold herself up in the shower to wash the blood off.

It was very uncomfortable to watch especially since my female roommate was sitting right next to me.

hmmm... maybe i don't remember it correctly then from the movie. :\

book and movie spoilers...

NSFW:
in the book, she was on her motorcycle and narrowly avoids a jack-knifing truck that Martin has driven into head-on. as she's passing, from her peripheral she sees the collision burst into flames. 150 yards ahead, she stops momentarily to see the truck-driver escape; Martin's car is engulfed in flames underneath the tanker.

in the American film version, i think she stops after the accident just before Martin's car erupts into flames.

in either version, she didn't really 'let' Martin burn to death as much as there was nothing to do; Martin had determined his own fate.

it's very possible i recall or interpreted it incorrectly though.

i thought we were talking swedish movie vs american movie, not book comparison.

^ bah! i'm cornfuzed! :(

i guess ErikTheRed made the comment that the two film's were different because in the Swedish version,

NSFW:
"they cut out the scene where Lisbeth decides to allow Martin to burn to death", which according to ErikTheRed was “pivotal”. and i felt that in neither the book nor the American version she did "allow Martin to burn to death" so much as there was nothing she could do even if she cared to. thus, i didn't feel any "pivotal" moment was excluded unless the Swedish version had made that scene into something bigger than what it was in the book and the American version.

then, i thought that if you felt that scene in both the American and Swedish version were pretty much the same, maybe i'd recalled it incorrectly.

i just need to watch the Swedish version so i can see this for myself. :)

I've read the books and seen the Swedish and American movies. Both are reasonably true to the story, as much as you can be in a film adaption. What made the American version better for me though was the acting, the chemistry between Erika and Mikael is really lacking in the Swedish ones. It's almost hard to watch them. Noomi Rapace and Rooney Mara are both excellent as Lisbeth but play her differently. Rooney's more like the Lisbeth i took from the books(tough but innocent), Noomi imo lacks the innocence Lisbeth has that draws people to her and makes them care about her, even though she's rude and socially awkward.

Also the story line kind of jumps in the Swedish films, the American one glides and is less forced as a book adaption. Am looking forward to the next two.

the movie was good enough, but I just wanted to post that I am STILL listening to this soundtrack

raw like botulism!

Watched it last night.

Fucking awesome I love David Fincher.

The Title sequence alone blew me away.

Great performances from everybody involved.

I haven't seen the original but I plan to.

10/10

Last edited:
I really hated that version of Immigrant Song in the opening credits, but the rest of the movie was pretty good.

^I agree, no need for that from Reznor at all, love that song.

Personally I didn't mind the song. I was perplexed that they would choose that song. But not angered by it at all.

The whole opening credits scene baffled me to begin with - it didn't fit at all with the rest of the movie.

tumblr_m10frzdmUv1qebry0o1_500.jpg

i expect nothing less from Lisbeth Salander :D !

4 Stars. Didn't read the book, didn't know there was one, just a big Fincher fan here. Ever since 'The Game". Rooney Mara was painfully sexy (I only found out AFTER the movie she was Erica Albright, WOW! what a transformation) and Daniel Craig wasn't corny, as I expected him to be coming in. Smart and stylish movie. Just 20 minutes too long.