Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011)

rate this movie!

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/1star.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/2stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters

buriedlies

Bluelighter
girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-poster.jpg

I've read the whole trilogy and I cannot be more excited for the David Fincher version of this film.

Released: Dec 21, 2011
Director: David Fincher
Based off the New York Times best seller by Stieg Larsson.

More info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Girl_with_the_Dragon_Tattoo_(2011_film)

Trailer #1 (my personal favourite)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVLvMg62RPA

Trailer #2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KBPru-Pu5Q

I was majorly impressed with both trailers of this film. I swear, Im going to cum in my undies when this comes out in theater. Anyone else a fan and/or excited for this?

Thoughts?

I believe it will do the book justice and more.. Mmm, Craig Daniels AND Rooney Mara.. Ughh, hottness above what I can handle.

i watched the the Swedish versions of the trilogy. sadly after the first they got worse. im looking forward to the english ones tho, not that the cast in the swedish ones were terrible but daniel craig is perfect for Blomkvist and Fincher is perfect choice to direct this. so i got high hopes.

i am unbelievably excited. i agree with joethestoner (as if that's surprise) about them getting progressively worse after the first one, but i have high hopes for David Fincher and the soundtrack from Trent Reznor/Atticus Ross. The Social Network soundtrack totally informed my entire feelings about the movie, and i'm thinking this one will as well.

they are offering a 6 song sampler from the official website that i would encourage EVERYONE TO GO GET.

GDT_sampler.jpg

i like the sampler cover ^^ more than almost anything else released by the GWTDT camp.

i gotta give Rooney Mara props. she looks like a fantastic Lisbeth:

rooney-mara-the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-06-600w.jpg

getting her face, nipples and belly button (i think??) pierced for the role. excellent.

H&M released an "inspired" line which just looks like a bunch of goth shit that's got the NIN set freaking out. c'mon guys. it's leather, black, and grey. not hard, i don't need H&M to make it for me.

at first I was like "meh, an Americanized version," but then I saw it was David Fincher. instead of raping this media with their collective capitalist cocks, they look to be doing the source material justice... which is always good. I'm interested, and plan to catch it

instead of raping this media with their collective capitalist cocks

bad pun? :\

Pander & I got early screening passes (thanks twitter!) and just got back from seeing it, and

(super spoilers)

NSFW:
holy cow was i impressed. the soundtrack, daniel craig as blomkvist, rooney mara lisbeth, everything. the opening credits were amazing, imho. i think you can see the "little movie" david fincher made for the opening credits. it certainly set the pace of the film. the few alterations they made to the script vs. swedish film vs. books were subtle enough that it didn't change any fabric of the story, and helped shorten a very long 3 hour movie.

lisbeth's vicious rape and subsequent revenge was unbelievably horrific. I thought europe had the edge on rough shit compared to our puritan tastes, but oh my god. my stomach was turning the entire time and i almost stepped out, it was that bad. fincher definitely played that whole thing in such a way that it was fucking with our emotions the entire time. most of the time when you have to deal with rape in a movie, you show a shot of a closed door with some muffled screams and clangs behind it, and fade out. fincher did that, and then returned to the room where lisbeth was screaming and her guardian's tongue shoved into her ass. and again. and again. and again. and again. each shot would fade out a little more, and then return to a rape that was becoming increasingly violent and sadistic and disgusting. it was sickening and vicious and absolutely terrible. the guy who plays her guardian is revolting. the revenge was also terrible, but in a different way. That lisbeth was scary looking with her black eye/war paint and voice nothing more than a hiss. i cringed and dug my nails into PB's arm the whole time, but did let out a tiny cheer for her along with the rest of the audience after she left his apartment, and then got super quiet again as you watched her struggle to get into the shower, and the blood running in rivers down her legs, and the bruises all over her back and legs and arms and face and chest.

christopher plummer was great as Henrik Vagner. Whoever the actor is who plays Martin was also great. There is a moment at the start of the movie where Blomkvist is having dinner with Martin, and you hear a noise... and it could be just the wind, but is it? Martin excuses himself to "close something" and no one at dinner is any the wiser. but we are. It was the little things like that, that made me like this version more than the swedish version. Fincher figures that the people watching this version have already netflixed the swedish one, and therefor can sneak subtle things like that into the movie.

i thought it was great and will tell everyone to see it, even those people who were so upset with the other swedish american remake (Let the Right one in).

4.5/5

I've not read the books yet but I may go against what I normally do and see movie first, read book(s) second. This movie looks too enticing to wait and see later.

It is also interesting because (as I found out recently) the book trilogy was released posthumously by the author's widow. Amazing the guy wrote this phenomenal series of books but didnt live to see the fruit of his labor. Everyone should send the widow a thank you card. haha <3

i would suggest watching the swedish ones first, if you don't read the books.

i've not seen the Swedish version nor did i read the book beforehand (though the trilogy has been collecting dust on my bookshelf for sometime now), but i must say that this film trumped any movie i've seen in awhile. it's been awhile since i left the theater thinking about a movie days after seeing it, but this film left quite an impression. Rooney Mara was fabulous and she really perfected her expressions and body language in such a way that she said so much without her mouth saying anything. i'm hoping that now that the family holidays are over, it'll do better at the box office. i'd love to see Fincher finish the trilogy.

i've not seen the Swedish version nor did i read the book beforehand (though the trilogy has been collecting dust on my bookshelf for sometime now), but i must say that this film trumped any movie i've seen in awhile. it's been awhile since i left the theater thinking about a movie days after seeing it, but this film left quite an impression. Rooney Mara was fabulous and she really perfected her expressions and body language in such a way that she said so much without her mouth saying anything. i'm hoping that now that the family holidays are over, it'll do better at the box office. i'd love to see Fincher finish the trilogy.

Well said. I saw it under the same circumstances and feel the same way. I cannot remember the last time a character left me with such a buzzy feeling as Mara did.

I've just read the first book, and it's much ado about nothing. I hope these are all fictions and not even remotely based on anything true, because, failing that, this book has no imagination or anything remotely artful about it. I hope the movies are thrillers though. I'm not too excited about picking up the rest of the trilogy, tbh.

Good acting tends to do a lot for stale writing, so I'm still looking forward to seeing it.
Is the mystery aspect of it supposed to be the carrying point of the story? Because I figured out the killer within Henrik Vanger's first appeals to Blomkvist. It is really not believable that he'd spend so much time obsessing over it and not knowing who it was unless he was a dumbass. Due to the amateurish way of characterization it's possible that he was a dumbass, in spite of us being told that we was a brilliant man in so many words over and over. (I hate being told how a character is supposed to be, that's the shittiest way to develop a character)

Last edited:
heard many good things about this film, definitely need to see it soon =D

Kenickie summed it up best in post #5 with her super spoilers behind NSFW tags. She's also dead-on about how even those who hated the American remake (Let Me In) of the Swedish film (Let the Right One In) should not pass up this film. :D

I saw this film over the weekend and was blown away. Though I'm going about it backwards, I started watching the original trilogy the other night and have no desire to continue watching as the original is not nearly as intriguing as the American version. I obtained a copy of the first book and plan to start reading it soon, though it looks as though I may not finish, if it's as uninteresting as a few of you have pointed out.

Ok so I solved the mystery within the first few chapters, and I was unimpressed with the general writing style during them, but I soldiered on, and it's actually getting better, and having the knowledge of who the killer is, it makes the events more dramatic as they unfold. I guess any time a book is "#1 National Bestseller" you're gonna have to expect it to be less than a work of art. They're no Conan Doyles or Edgar Allen Poes. But that's geeky book talk, and has nothing to do with the Movie, which looks exciting.

how can you know who the killer is when
NSFW:
there isn't one?

ok, so I may have gotten ahead of myself.
NSFW:
It seemed obvious that it was Martin from the get-go, so I skipped ahead towards the back of the book and find out he's being investigated for serial murder, and assumed that it was him. But I didn't read on much when I skipped ahead, I just saw that my suspicions seemed to have been confirmed and continued reading from where I left off.

i'm reading the first book now (currently 3/4 of the way in) and my only complaint, especially in the first 50 or so pages, is that it's laborious. i will also comment that in any book-to-movie adaptation, sometimes i'm disappointed to find significant details are left out of the movie, but i'll say that Fincher really effectively and appropriately streamlined the story (at least as far as i've read).

and finally - WOOHOO! keeping my fingers and toes crossed Fincher signs on. :)

Last edited:
I gotta admit the book gets better the deeper into it you get. I definitely got ahead of myself.