• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The Gig/DJ Set Thread: Past, Present & Future

It's very interesting here your stories about the raves, Stee. Did you ever go too festivals like Glastonbury or was it not your thing? Festivals seem to be like marmite people either love them or hate them.

Evey

Thats where my cross country clubbing started - I was well into my hardcore rave in the early 90's and started going to Pandemoniums weekly nights at Mr B's in willenhall (as well as our own legendary 'Quest' which had started to get too moody by the time I had my fake ID so I could go out). Went to my first Helter Skelter in 1997 and with the exception of their 'Timeless' event in autumn 1998 - i went to every skelter up to and including their millenium party. Plenty of Dreamscapes, Vibalites and One Nations in between but never Hardcore Heaven - too many Birkenheads from what I gathered and I always liked my raves to feature hardcore, techno and drum & bass. Since the Millenium i went back down 3 times - once for a Dreamscape 'Ravenation' old school event (which i got thrown out of) - Godskitchens 5th Birthday party in 2001 and i went down to the closing night in 2004 hosted by slammin vinyl.

The Sanctuary Music Arena 1991 - 2004 R.I.P.

Yup I also did the Dreamscapes and Vibelites :D - The Hardcore Heaven events used to have the harder music upstairs and I just felt awful not going if I knew the usual Mark EG, Mzone etc were doing a set and I was missing out :D. It was just a great venue (shame about the OTT security) but just a great place to have an event.

Bear