European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The Gig/DJ Set Thread: Past, Present & Future

MUSHET

Bluelighter
Behold... the gig/DJ set thread, where you can post recommendations, upcoming gigs that you're going to, stories of past nights out (the good, the bad and the downright ugly).

As I have posted elsewhere recently, I went to see Django Django last night, I must say they were helluva good live, full of energy and had the crowd bopping along to their neo-psychedelic sounds. Lots of beats and percussion instruments on the go, kinda reminiscent of Madchester. Would have been good to have some MDMA or something, but I was working today so there was no nonsense like that - was tucked up in bed by midnight.

Why did you have to start this thread. I've been obsessed with dance music for 25 years so I could post in here all day and watch my fellow Bluelight members go from curious to bored in 7 seconds following my first reminiscence of a night / weekend out. I loved it all, from my teenage years spent at various raves in Birmingham and the Sanctuary in Milton Keynes, through the Superclub explosion over the millennium spent in the company of Godskitchen, Slinky, Gatecrasher and the like. Too many great Dj's , too many great nights - where to Start? Atomic Jam would be the first name past my lips.

Just checked out Atomic Jam on wiki there, some list of DJs who have played there over the years, is that night still on the go?

Adam Beyer, The Advent, Mills, Hawtin, DJ Hell, Billy Nasty to name just a few of some amazing DJs...

Jeff Mills has a special place in my heart, buying Axis records on vinyl.... those were the days.

Knew Stee woupd be along soon enough.. :)

Atomic Jam.. one of my first ever pill'ed up outing at 15.. the Que Club as well =D

Mushet - it's appears every now and then when they start to wheel out that the Que Club is closing for the billionth time 8).. Check out the Que Club, belter of a place, anything went in there..

Why did you have to start this thread. I've been obsessed with dance music for 25 years so I could post in here all day and watch my fellow Bluelight members go from curious to bored in 7 seconds following my first reminiscence of a night / weekend out. I loved it all, from my teenage years spent at various raves in Birmingham and the Sanctuary in Milton Keynes, through the Superclub explosion over the millennium spent in the company of Godskitchen, Slinky, Gatecrasher and the like. Too many great Dj's , too many great nights - where to Start? Atomic Jam would be the first name past my lips.

Lol can you stop outting yourself down like that, please? People n I keep telling you, your not boring, you make interesting threads / stories n I'm sure people would love to hear your stories. I know I would so please post away n less of the self-negativity please. We <3 you :)

MUSHET good idea for a thread in my opinion. There's quite a few members in EADD good at music / DJing n people loving the club scene. Didn't ColtDan go clubbing a lot? Not sure what he's up to these days as he had a new job n a flat but he knows his stuff music wise n even plays the guitar (is very good). Maybe someone could PM him this thread encase he doesn't lurk / post n misses it since I assume he would give excellent contribution to this thread.

Some othes are monstanoodle (where has he gone? I liked him), squathotel n Alby (Albion; where's he gone? i have him on Facebook but never see him around). Brimz but I've lost touch with him mores the pity; I think knew his stuff in this area. I can't think of anyone sorru if I've missed anyone. Inflo? I think she gets about. Maybe friends of these people or anyone I've forgotten, could contact them - let them know of this thread n see how it builds.

Nice one, MUSHET <3

Knew Stee woupd be along soon enough.. :)

Atomic Jam.. one of my first ever pill'ed up outing at 15.. the Que Club as well =D

Mushet - it's appears every now and then when they start to wheel out that the Que Club is closing for the billionth time 8).. Check out the Que Club, belter of a place, anything went in there..

Small world, not that I've a clue where that is lol - you coulda met Stee all those years ago - you may have spoken to one another n not known it. Also you living literally down the road from someone I was once very close with. Strange how life works out isn't it?! <3

Evey

Last edited:
Anything by Daniel Avery. Not that I've seen him in the flesh but he's had me shaking my arse in the house on many an occasion. =D

^ Aye, I've listened to a couple of mixes by him, also not been to see him.

Bonobo would be up my street - last album I listened to was Black Sands.

Good list Bob, majority of what you mentioned I'm into - also seen a fair few live.

One stand out time was Orbital in the Slam Tent at T in the Park (okay, not technically a gig). Was over 10 years ago now, was fucking awesome though. They played their version of Doctor Who, amazing. Only time I've ever queued to get into the Slam Tent in all the times at T. Slam Tent was where I always spent the majority of my time.

ELO, playing O2 London next year, was thinking about purchasing two tickets for the bird's Chrimbo, a wee weekend, or a few days, away in London and all that Jazz, never a bad thing as far as I'm concerned!

Anyone a fan? I'm thinking they might be pretty spectacular live especially as Jeff Lynne is involved again.

Dunno if she is into them, she is 10 years younger. I noticed that she 'liked' Adele on her FB page the other day, so I was going to buy her tickets for that in London, but thankfully I see she is completely sold out - nothing against Adele or anything, it's just not my thing, but was willing to go for the sake of making the girlfriends Xmas pressie decent, haha.

... but anyway, ELO might be a shout, anyone ever seen them play?

Bear with me Mushet - as soon as I compose a post for this you'll wish you had never started the thread. Ive been obsessed with dance music for 25 years from hardcore to drum and bass, to tech house, techno, prog, trance and beyond, so prepare for the longest most boring post you have ever read

Bear with me Mushet - as soon as I compose a post for this you'll wish you had never started the thread. Ive been obsessed with dance music for 25 years from hardcore to drum and bass, to tech house, techno, prog, trance and beyond, so prepare for the longest most boring post you have ever read

(Pssst! Don't forget to preload on 3fpm first...)

Are you still writing it...?

My favourite DJ gig this year was DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist on their vinyl-only Renegades of Rhythm tour. These two turntablists were spinning the well-loved and well-worn vinyl from the record collection of the founding father of hip-hop and “Master of Records,”Afrika baambaata

Old school at its finest, more of a civilised history lesson than a night club evening. Was pretty fucking spangled regardless but the Mrs was sober, too young to know what she was truely going to, yet had a fucking blast.

Saw AC/DC last month in the pouring rain. Was ok but not as exiting as iron Maiden next year. Saw sound garden, ministry and faith no more at the beginning of the year.

I'm taking the kids camping at the Woodford festival over Xmas. I'm not sure who is playing other than Michael franti, Courtney Barnett and Tijuana cartel. Usually doesn't really matter at Woodford to be fair. It's more about lantern parades, freak shows and washing pate down with fine red wine back at our campsite.