Serious The Getting Arrested VS Why Does LE Suck So Hard? Thread

They are miserable ...

If there is a hell, they spend their entire existence in it

My experiences with LE have mostly all been plesant. There's some great Cops out there, along with a few bad apples.

One thing to take into account is they see a lot on the streets, a lot of drama, a lot of tragedy, a lot of suffering, a lot of things they want to forget. It takes one amazing Cop to put all that behind him (or her) and put a smile on their face for each and every call. It's tough to do. When I encounter Officers who aren't in the best of moods I find it best to keep treating them with the upmost respect and courtiesy no matter how rude they are initially, more often than not they'll soften up after 5-10 mintues.

Last edited:
I can't say i was treated bad when i was arrested. I was treated alot better by cops then i was in the psych ward thats for sure. They gave me my meds including my oxy and even let me have a smoke outside. Im surprised they gave me my meds cause i was so fucking drunk at the time but they did.

I think I might have had one or two experiences with cops that were less than miserable. They are by and large insufferable pricks.

It largely depends on your race and gender how they treat you, even more so than the circumstance.

It requires a certain type of person to be a police officer. Their job is primarily to put drug users in prison. Full stop. They know this going into it, and yet they sacrifice basic decency to achieve this goal.

When I was 15 I was tackled by three police officers and thrown in the back of a cruiser. For having a pack of cigarettes. This is one small example of the abuse I have suffered at the hands of the law, I'd probably be dead if I wasn't a white man.

They will do whatever is necessary to trick you into thinking they are on your side, and if it doesn't work they will literally break the actual laws they are supposed to enforce to incarcerate you.

They are bad people, yes, even your uncle. The system is broken of course, but it is upheld by actual human beings with names and addresses. They get up every single day to keep it moving, some of the greatest modern atrocities are caused by the criminal justice system, from judges, to attorneys, to LEOs, all simply to collect a paycheck. This isn't a good enough reason to sacrifice all basic decency.

You can't change my mind about it. I can't speak for law enforcement in other countries, but in the US anyway, the police are literal savages that commit murder and perpetuate brutality every single day.

I think I might have had one or two experiences with cops that were less than miserable. They are by and large insufferable pricks.

It largely depends on your race and gender how they treat you, even more so than the circumstance.

It requires a certain type of person to be a police officer. Their job is primarily to put drug users in prison. Full stop. They know this going into it, and yet they sacrifice basic decency to achieve this goal.

When I was 15 I was tackled by three police officers and thrown in the back of a cruiser. For having a pack of cigarettes. This is one small example of the abuse I have suffered at the hands of the law, I'd probably be dead if I wasn't a white man.

They will do whatever is necessary to trick you into thinking they are on your side, and if it doesn't work they will literally break the actual laws they are supposed to enforce to incarcerate you.

They are bad people, yes, even your uncle. The system is broken of course, but it is upheld by actual human beings with names and addresses. They get up every single day to keep it moving, some of the greatest modern atrocities are caused by the criminal justice system, from judges, to attorneys, to LEOs, all simply to collect a paycheck. This isn't a good enough reason to sacrifice all basic decency.

You can't change my mind about it. I can't speak for law enforcement in other countries, but in the US anyway, the police are literal savages that commit murder and perpetuate brutality every single day.

If you think the primary role of an Officer is to arrest drug users, you are sorely mistaken. I've litterally told arresting officers that I had drugs (Meth) in my apartment (because I wanted it tested for purity) and they said "We don't care, we're just taking you to the Hospital". Now, I don't know if there's something on my record that states I'm Intelligence, and that's why they behaved that way they did, but they were more than courteous to me (on any number of occasions infact).

I can go on and on and on about my prior (juvenille) history with police @Electrum1 can confirm. They're not all bad. They're not all out to manipulate you, to incarcerate you, common now...

I've had some less than miserable experiences with cops when I wasn't doing anything wrong. That said, I've never had a set of handcuffs put on me in a gentle manner :mad finger:

I find it amusing that, after all of the colorful and varied drug shenanigans I did over the course of my life, the drug that led me to the most (and really only) legal problems was cannabis lol

My mom was dating a retired narcotics cop a year or two ago…

One time I came home while on a tab of acid expecting the house to be empty. Lo and behold they decided to not go to the movie they had planned to see and stayed home instead. That was an interesting evening for sure!

I've litterally told arresting officers that I had drugs (Meth) in my apartment (because I wanted it tested for purity) and they said "We don't care, we're just taking you to the Hospital".
Lol, I wondered about that. Was worried after you didn't post here for a few days, I thought maybe you got arrested so I looked you up on the county court site thinking "fingers crossed, please no drug charges" and then there weren't any fkn drug charges!

Lol, I wondered about that. Was worried after you didn't post here for a few days, I thought maybe you got arrested so I looked you up on the county court site thinking "fingers crossed, please no drug charges" and then there weren't any fkn drug charges!
Dude. You don't know the half of it.

I was riding down to Jackson Pike in the back of the cruiser, right? And we got in a minor accident on the way there, like a car scraped the cruisers bumper, it didn't even do any damage, it just brushed the cruiser.

All of a sudden there's 6 Cop cars surrounding the scene and I'm being coherced into saying I smashed my head on the plexiglas pannel during the crash. They're all like "I think you should get checked out at the Hospital, it really seems like you bashed your head pretty good, right, right? (Wink, Wink, Nod,Nod)"

Next thing I know I'm in an Ambulance on my way to Grant Hospital to get a full MRI/Brain Scan with the Paramedics cracking jokes about me being the next Einstein the whole ride down. I shit you not.

vlZ5p6O.jpg

Seriously, my life is one giant Movie....

Hmmm

You think the city you live in has something to do with this?

It is kind of a shitty high crime area

USA is a huge country, I'm sure there are areas where the police are pretty chill

Here in Canada, I've dealt exclusively with the federal police

Always been nice to me, even when I've done absolutely retarded things

Only time in my adult life they cuffed me and it involved lots of blood and vodka!!
Most of my shitty experiences around cops were in northern Virginia, in both cities and more rural areas, much more wealthy communities than Baltimore.

Most of my shitty experiences around cops were in northern Virginia, in both cities and more rural areas, much more wealthy communities than Baltimore.
Yeah. I live in one of the most sought after streets in one of the most sought after cities in one of the most sought after counties to live. Mid Peninsula SF Bay bordering Silicon Valley. I would imagine the most stress and drama a cop here sees is when the donut shop runs out of their favorite donut.
One thing to take into account is they see a lot on the streets, a lot of drama, a lot of tragedy, a lot of suffering, a lot of things they want to forget.
Doesn't explain the shitty treatment I've had where I live.

Last edited:
Good ole Kurt Schmoke was speaking out against the drug war even back in the 90s… I assume his influence may have lasted throughout the years and baltimore PD is more understanding as a result of that legacy

I can't say i was treated bad when i was arrested. I was treated alot better by cops then i was in the psych ward thats for sure. They gave me my meds including my oxy and even let me have a smoke outside. Im surprised they gave me my meds cause i was so fucking drunk at the time but they did.
What planet/parallel universe you live on that they gave you oxy? When they asked about my meds I told the fuckers I took Suboxone for the last 15 years and I would WD without it. They didn't give me shit.

That is interesting about how the cops tore up all the "cameras" you had installed. I have been thinking about setting up a security camera system after I read that a very good way to catch law enforcement planting evidence to use against you is to film them doing so. But if they destroy the cameras... Probably best to NOT advertise the existence of the security camera system then. I had been tempted to put up a sign saying, "Smile, you are on Candid Camera."

That is interesting about how the cops tore up all the "cameras" you had installed. I have been thinking about setting up a security camera system after I read that a very good way to catch law enforcement planting evidence to use against you is to film them doing so. But if they destroy the cameras... Probably best to NOT advertise the existence of the security camera system then. I had been tempted to put up a sign saying, "Smile, you are on Candid Camera."
All my cameras were on the outside and they were all just plastic fakes. Some even had a flashing red LED. They were probably like $5.99 each. I think they just smashed them out of spite. LOL.
The point being they were just intended to be very visible deterrents. Sounds like you want hidden internal cameras.

Last edited: