Serious The Getting Arrested VS Why Does LE Suck So Hard? Thread

sedgewick1

Bluelighter
I thought this would make a good DS thread topic.

I'll start.

I've been arrested, imprisoned and jailed. All for relatively minor shit. Why is it, each and every time this has happened, LE and correction officials treat you like such dog shit? Serial killers and death row inmates doing long stretches probably get better treatment. My theory is they have to spend so much time living and working in the same shit hole conditions as them that's behind bars they become desensitized shells and sorry excuses for human beings. I realize I'm painting with kind of a broad brush here, but its been my experience without fail.

LE usually treat us like we treat them. Usually. Not sure what your arrests were for but I'm pretty sure you probably broke the law. They have to arrest people that do that. If we are respectful and comply it usually goes well. If we are drunk and belligerent....not so much. Not saying you were being a jerk when you got arrested....just that it usually is more pleasant when we are pleasant. I've had my share. It went well when I was nice. It didn't go well when I wasn't. I was never mistreated or denied anything I was entitled to when I was being a dick. On the other hand when I was being respectful and cooperative I was helped greatly through the process.

I was never anything but pleasant, respectful and never resisted, Everything I was arrested for was minor drug offenses. Really minor. Some examples off the top of my head:

I had an old bench warrant for failure to appear in court where the original charge was cited for being publicly intoxicated. Years later I was stopped for a minor traffic violation -- I didn't even remember the original charge nor that the citation which was like a strip of paper receipt you'd get in a store had a court date . I was suddenly cuffed and thrown in the back of the police car and taken to jail for processing. On the way, I politely asked the cop what was going on. Total silence. I was put into a room with an open door where I could see the comings and goings outside. I took one step outside the room and said "officer can I ask a question?" "Shut the fuck up and get back behind the line."

I was doing RC chemicals inside my own home and I never had quantities more than for personal use. Mostly I just liked playing my guitar and make recordings while being mildly high. Admittedly I was getting a bit manic, but never violent or anything. My wife calls the cops. They arrive and I hand over everything I had. In retrospect I was probably stupid and should have asked to see a warrant, but I'm a pretty non confrontational person. Anyways, they take what I had and leave w/o incident. A couple months go by. I'm taking out the trash and suddenly I'm cuffed from behind and thrown up against a car. Several cars of DEA, Sherrrif and local police descend on my house. They have a warrant to search the house. I ask, for what? They don't say a thing. While they're tossing the house (I have a pretend security system with fake cameras outside for burglary deterrence. They break every single "camera".), I'm put in the back of a police car to wait with a cop sitting up front. I ask the cop what's going on. "Shut up asshole. If they've got a warrant you must have done something." It finally dawns on me that these morons think the RC stuff they took months ago were chemical precursors and that I'm running a lab! Anyways, they find nothing and eventually leave. No apologies or anything and throughout the whole operation did a single cop treat me other than a piece of shit.

Another similar incident with RC chemicals at home where my wife calls the cops yet again (I think she asks my brother-in-law for advice. He says -- he's an AA big book thumper -- she should call the cops and she does.). This time I'm cuffed (IME I've never been lightly cuffed. They cuff hard and it fucking hurts.) and taken to county jail. Strip searched and get the orange jump suit and get thrown into into a miserable cell with an overflowing toilet It has a small window where I can see the deputy station several feet away. I have a question and I rap on my door to get his attention. Him: "Do that again and I'm going to roll your ass into the hole shithead." Me: "You mean there's a worse place than this cell?" Him: "This is Mauii compared to the hole." Me: "So, how am I to get your attention?" Him: "When I walk by your cell window, ask me then." Me: "You mean I'm supposed to stand in front of this window for hours in the off-chance you might be passing by?" Him: "Yeah, that's about right."

Around 1980 I was in grad school. Back then I smoked weed. I used to buy a few ounces and sell off some of it for free weed. I ended up selling a dime bag of weed to a cop. Weeks go by and they break into my apartment and I'm arrested. I plead out and was sentenced to the state penitentiary (not just jail!) for 60 days. I start out in work-release, but I had no job. After about a week, they break into my room, accuse me of being high (I was not), and I get taken to a punishment cell block in a dingy basement. After about a week I was moved to maximum security gen pop where I served the remainder of my time uneventfully.

Do I have some LE resentments? Yeah you could say so.

Last edited:
I’ve gotten lucky the past few years but oh ya I’ve had plenty of terrible run ins with the cops.

Tried to bribe one out of my first arrest for $500, got caught with a few ounces $900 cash baggies…

I even got indicted illegally they found 9 grams of heroin on me in an overdose. My
State has a law if 911 is called and it’s a overdose they can’t arrest you unless it’s proven to be distribution level. Fucking assholes those charges got dismissed though

Then my worst was overdosing into a state trooper on the highway. That got helicopters and news trucks. Woke up to 20 state troopers ripping my car apart with German shepherds. Said I fell asleep denied any drug use. They never found any drugs

When I went to jail there was a couple cunt COs I’d still love to this day to run into.
One particularly locked me in my cell for 48 hours for looking at a girl inmate and smiling. What a fucking crime huh? Fat pig.

The rest of them I become close with and got special favors from a few.

I remember one day my girlfriend came to visit in a short Jean skirt and crop top all tipsy. One of the COs said to me I’d like to take her for a ride and that was the closest I came to felony assault on a police officer. I really almost dented his skull. That took some cooling off.

Ya fuck the 5-0

Yeah. My selling a dime bag to a cop was on TV and everything. Apparently it was a "big" sting operation. I'm guessing they netted a few ounces of weed total from everyone they scooped up.

As for correction occifers
it takes a special kind of
low IQ bully/bullied to accel

As for correction occifers
it takes a special kind of
low IQ bully/bullied to accel
I agree about the corrections officers in a facility. I have heard quite a few of them can be real dicks to the inmates. LE on the street usually respond to how we act.

CO's usually treat everyone badly. LE at least gives us the benefit of the doubt. For the most part anyway. I know there are nasty LEO's out there. Luckily any time I was treated poorly was when I was behaving poorly. Kind of deserved the remarks and actions I received. Thankfully my handcuff days are over.

I agree about the corrections officers in a facility. I have heard quite a few of them can be real dicks to the inmates. LE on the street usually respond to how we act.

CO's usually treat everyone badly. LE at least gives us the benefit of the doubt. For the most part anyway. I know there are nasty LEO's out there. Luckily any time I was treated poorly was when I was behaving poorly. Kind of deserved the remarks and actions I received. Thankfully my handcuff days are over.
IME LE's are somewhat .OK until you get arrested for something. Then they turn sullen and unresponsive no matter how pleasant you try to be.

With COs one thing I'm happy about is that they have to endure the same shit surroundings as the inmates. They might as well be locked up for the duration of their shift. I can't imagine having such a shit job.

you would be surprised that most leashing occurs in America as to rest of the world and we can say some here and there in tokyo

usa war on drugs

like this was the first thing that you connected to this?

why don't u think is pure envy?

Envy because you don't have the required sets to envy if you catch my drift
Un no I don't really catch your drift. One of the reasons the incarceration is so high here. is WOD. You could say all my arrests were too. So spell out this drift business by all means. Maybe I'm just stoopud. Also, not sure I interpreted your original 'leashing' post, to which I replied, correctly.

There are pigs everywhere, even if I agree that the USA probably has a lot more of them than anywhere else. It comes down to civilians being armed and so the cops are automatically more aggressive since they are up against more dangerous criminals. I think here in Australia you're much more likely to be treated with respect - until you get aggressive, then they get rough. I'd say that's par for the course anywhere you are caught doing something illegal.

There are pigs everywhere, even if I agree that the USA probably has a lot more of them than anywhere else. It comes down to civilians being armed and so the cops are automatically more aggressive since they are up against more dangerous criminals. I think here in Australia you're much more likely to be treated with respect - until you get aggressive, then they get rough. I'd say that's par for the course anywhere you are caught doing something illegal.
I agree with everything you said EXCEPT the part about Aussie cops being more respectful in general, until you get aggressive. The VAST majority of Aussie cops that I've ever seen, heard or dealt with personally have been absolute cunts right from the get-go, for no reason other than they can.

I've had OK interactions with cops in the USA. Interactions with corrections officials is another matter. They've pretty much all been cunts to a tee.
If you're being resisting, confrontational or aggressive, I have no problems with them reacting in kind. I have been pleasant and non confrontational almost always and get the cunt treatment a lot. What does it cost them to act like human beings? Its either conditioning or cunts just tend to get naturally attracted to these jobs or both.