• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The End Is Nigh, hold you loved ones close, there is nowhere you can hide.....

224603_ts.jpg

Presented to G with hearty congratulations

Well Stee I'm not one for public speaking but........

I'd like to thank my manager.
I'd like to thank God
But above all I'd like to thank you guys.....
The fans ....
Without you non of this would even be possible.....

Etc.etc......:)

2cs and classics don't seem affected. I think benzos and kratom will be the biggest hit from this. Alongside all the stimulants but I didn't go near any of them.

2cs and classics don't seem affected. I think benzos and kratom will be the biggest hit from this. Alongside all the stimulants but I didn't go near any of them.

Unfortunately it's gonna be the disapearance of the benzos that causes the real issues. While folk would undoubtedly be upset if lysergamides, stims etc. vanished it wouldn't cause a major public health issue in the way that cutting off people's access to mega potent benzo analogues is likely to :(

It's because of these benzo addicts that the legislation is being introduced. If the general public had proven to be responsible with their unvetted abuse there would have not been a need to ban their access.

This legislation is less about stopping current abusers rather preventing the next generation from the same mistakes. Short term pain for longer term gain

Unfortunately it's gonna be the disapearance of the benzos that causes the real issues. While folk would undoubtedly be upset if lysergamides, stims etc. vanished it wouldn't cause a major public health issue in the way that cutting off people's access to mega potent benzo analogues is likely to :(
I have to agree. I was going to start a petition back In March and discussed with Shambles whether I could use BL to help the cause. He agreed it would be fine. It's all ready to go just have to press a button but then I realised and a good friend pointed out to me that we all use our 'usernames' and people wouldn't bother. I've been looking at the Houses of Parliament website re petitions, you need 100,000 signed by British citizens only to force a debate in the house. I did a search and was sad to see not one person had even a pending one on this serious issue. Came across one to ban fireworks because they frighten animals Ha ridiculous and it's nearly the next one to be debated. I have pets and I love them dearly but come on! one night for decades this has gone on for and I hardly think it's relevant given the issues of so much higher importance. When Stee started the simple yes or no thread I thought it might give me at least some idea of how much support would be received. I wasn't by any means going to rely on BL but may have helped me make up my mind. But at that juncture so many people were changing their minds soley focusing on RC's. Then I read around 140,000 people marched on parliament over austerity which again is a very serious issue made 4 demands and to my knowledge they have not gone before the house. As an experiment I still may release it, but I'd like to run it past another organisation first because it'll be my real name on the top of it so therefore I want to to be cautious, the other disadvantage I'm at is I just don't do 'social media' and that is a bugger where things like this are concerned. Could not believe the page on the Gov website of 'start your own petition now' it has a box for you to write in and underneath an example and they have used a recipe!!!!!...They defo think we are stupid and I suppose in a way we are, for allowing our own Country to be raped repeatedly and to allow our powers to be so diminished. The target of the petition I have drawn up is not just about RC's there are a growing number of organisations against prohibition and this futile war on drugs and e the aim primarily is to educate the public that don't do drugs in to understanding that a person taking drugs should not be classified as a criminal. Sorry for any typos had a long day.

It's because of these benzo addicts that the legislation is being introduced. If the general public had proven to be responsible with their unvetted abuse there would have not been a need to ban their access.

This legislation is less about stopping current abusers rather preventing the next generation from the same mistakes. Short term pain for longer term gain

Don't be silly. It's just closing a loophole that rather makes a mockery of existing drug laws. Easy access to drugs is never going to work without proper education in place. I would agree that a properly legal drug market would take at least a couple generations to work itself out though. The farce of prohibition needs to end and real information and support where necessary needs to be firmly in place before that next generation you speak of have any hope of not making all the same mistakes every previous generation has since the WoD began. The status quo simply does not work. Time to try another approach.

Sorry but this is total shit. There were more heroin deaths in the Country than ever before this year and I don't believe heroin is legal. It's not about protecting British Citizens if it was it would be trying to stop our kids from becoming alcoholics, fighting, teenage pregnancy and all the rest of the crap that lethal substance promotes

If anything, the remarkably low incidence of people getting into serious issues - up to and including addiction and death - despite several years of widespread and totally unregulated availability of a whole range of substances (many of which are quite frankly deeply iffy) provides excellent evidence of how small a problem a properly regulated system of legal access to drugs would be. If things only got this bad (and in the grand scheme there really haven't been huge problems when you put it in context of just how freely available and utterly unregulated the market has been for years now) then it suggests very good things about how much better things could be with sensible drug laws, education and support in place.

If anything, the remarkably low incidence of people getting into serious issues - up to and including addiction and death - despite several years of widespread and totally unregulated availability of a whole range of substances (many of which are quite frankly deeply iffy) provides excellent evidence of how small a problem a properly regulated system of legal access to drugs would be. If things only got this bad (and in the grand scheme there really haven't been huge problems when you put it in context of just how freely available and utterly unregulated the market has been for years now) then it suggests very good things about how much better things could be with sensible drug laws, education and support in place.

Well one of you has to be correct

The ban hasn't come in to force yet. Shambles has said low incident of people getting on to trouble YET.

We don't know what will happen in a few months when RC benzos finally dry up..

Maybe people will switch.to buying dodgy diazepam off the deep web at many times the cost as a 1000mg of etizolam powder but I doubt that will be everyone....

The public health consequences of the ban on RC benzos can't be assessed until the ban actually happens....

Do you actually read the thread? :)

I buy most of my Goodies from outside of the UK anyway so hopefully won't make any difference in practical terms. In fact there seems to be loads of decent-looking new chems recently released on overseas sites so I see no end to postie-based anticipation.

The law is fukkin' ridiculous all the same :\

Personally i am concerned that post-ban the royal mail may start taking extra checks on international mail. As things stand currently the UK is consistently never listed as a country a vendor will not send products too, presumably because historically and up to now there has been an extremely low occurence of any kind of problems with customs interceptions at UK borders.

As Royal Mail is now a private company, they may well not wish to be burdended with having to do extra checks on international mail on behalf of the government, and the government may have to pay for customs type workers to work alongside the royal mail. I can imagine there being some extra checks done immediately post ban. so as maybe to catch a few imports, and to basically try and scare mail order punters. On the other hand it may take them another 5 years to get on top of that other issue too. If only Crystal balls were cheaply available on e-bay it would be nice to have some certainty about the likley course of events over the next few months.

Sorry but this is total shit. There were more heroin deaths in the Country than ever before this year and I don't believe heroin is legal. It's not about protecting British Citizens if it was it would be trying to stop our kids from becoming alcoholics, fighting, teenage pregnancy and all the rest of the crap that lethal substance promotes
Aren't the current government guidelines regarding alcohol at least a nod toward discouraging its abuse? Short of making it illegal or (completely) prohibitive in its pricing, I'd say successive governments have done as much as they can. The rest is due to culture. Your hyperbole really doesn't reflect reality. Would you rather alcohol was illegal as well?

The other thought I had about this potential 'shift up' in tightening on all mail is what about the thousands of people that are buying 'normal' every day products/medicines from internet sites abroad, like for example diet pills, breast enhancers, vitamins, loads of other dodgy beauty 'enhancing items, vet products the list is endless. Yes, they will need more staff and where's the money going to come from in addition they I going to require for sniffer dogs (that are/cannot ) be trained to pick up all substances so therefore they are going to require more high tech equipment. This is just another part of an ill devised leglislation. Then of course you have all the couriers too.

I really, really, really think that this is unnecessary worry if possession is not going to be an offence. Why spend thousands and thousands of pounds effectively pursuing people for a non-offence? There's some druggy paranoia at work. All that I envisage is the current domestic vendors going out of business, and that's it. It's about curbing easy availability, not chasing down ever gram of 3,4,5-methyl-whatever that crosses the Channel in the hope of catching somebody on a low-level importation charge. Larger amounts may be treated differently, but I'd expect any letter post to be ignored, as is more or less the case for well-packaged illegals already.

Aren't the current government guidelines regarding alcohol at least a nod toward discouraging its abuse? Short of making it illegal or (completely) prohibitive in its pricing, I'd say successive governments have done as much as they can. The rest is due to culture. Your hyperbole really doesn't reflect reality. Would you rather alcohol was illegal as well?
This dosen't even deserve a reply, point totally missed.

This dosen't even deserve a reply, point totally missed.
How so? You seemed to suggest that the government encourages alcohol abuse, when it quite clearly doesn't. That's what I'm taking issue with. I haven't addressed the entirety of your post, so I've missed nothing.