• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The EADD Metathread - Let's talk about how we can improve EADD

In response to a post in another thread by clackclick (that's been deleted), I can't send you PMs for some reason (thought mods could send PMs to everyone :?) :

We call them memberators here :D (I used to get called a memberator before I received the honour of modship.)

And we don't mind them, at all, as long they're not just criticising but giving positive contributions. Which I think your deleted posts counts as.

But we have a thread specifically for such stuff, this one :)

I

Maybe it's just me but I feel we are in a building stage, the place gets stronger all the time and there has been much less conflict which has helped me want to post a bit more.

yeah i agree, on the whole EADD is a more friendly and civil place than it has been at times in the past. I dont like it when people air each others dirty laundering in public when clashes get very personal and bitter. These things are happening much less often these days. Touch wood.

clackclick, I wish to contact you privately about something, but you have PMs completely disabled. That's your right (I think :)) but I just want you to be aware you can enable PMs but set it so only staff and your "contacts"/"friends" can PM you. Perhaps you would consider doing that? That way we can discuss this thing in private.

I'm pretty sure the staff don't bombard members randomly with unwanted PMs ;)

originally posted in Silk Road Discussion

well i think this thread just turns into sourcing if it starts discussing the new incarnation... perhaps it be best to close it now...

Last edited by a moderator:
well i think this thread just turns into sourcing if it starts discussing the new incarnation... perhaps it be best to close it now...

Didnt know we had so many mod candidates, its not a secret you know, when I read a double spread in the fucking metro on the train to work you know its not a secret,,,

Secrecy is neither here nor there. You can use BL as a whistleblowing site as far as I'm concerned (actually that probably wouldn't work out very well!)

Some reasons for not having source discussion are:

- we are an HR forum
- we don't want to draw attention from the authorities
- we don't want vendor spam or shilling

Didnt know we had so many mod candidates, its not a secret you know, when I read a double spread in the fucking metro on the train to work you know its not a secret,,,

didnt mean to sound condescending or anything like that sorry if it came out like that. seemed a bit dangerous talk to me, but whatever, i get easily spooked by fbi takedowns and whatnot ;)

Getting a lot of server too busy notices today, bastard thing.
Post Quick Reply, are you taking the piss?

EADD is the only forum I use the others are all about "Rollin balls" and "fire dope" EADD is alot more balanced.

They're also a bit conservative. For example go on there and say you had a mad night taking a dozen pills and they'd be telling you to get to A&E. I think they're 10 years behind. I know its not brave to do a gram of MD in a night but we all have done it. The UK "craic" is also head ans shoulders above the yank banter.

Lots of the Md folk over on the US forum I'd say are stil in their teens., with al that "kandy" and shit. Then thee the hardcore Smack heads. and your folk who live for weed.

Not a lot of mixing between drugs. You either into one or another weather as us folk we're game for anything really.

The trip reports I find funny. They actually go on fruit detoxes week before going to raves. I used to go out on a Thursday and come home 2 weeks later ffs.

Saying that some of those rave chicks are f**king hot shit;)

swaffelen1.jpg
?

"Bigotry", frightening off new members, losing current members: What are we going to do?

We've just lost members because of posts containing various forms of what might be called "bigotry".

I'm sure other people just don't become members because of it.

I'm quite confused about this. I don't think much of it is meant seriously, but I've come to that view through several years of experience. And I also believe in staying around and challenging stuff, rather than logging off and not coming back. If I didn't believe in that, then I wouldn't have hung around long to enough to come to that view.

But this is of no help for new members, who might not be inclined to get involved in debates and discussions with people they view as bigoted fools.

We've lost quite a lof members over the last few years. There is a natural attrition rate which is inevitable and as old as the site, I'm sure. Then there are people who leave because of other people. Then there are people who get banned. Worst of all, we have had quite a few deaths.

To keep the site healthy, we need to attract and retain new members. I am starting to think we need to tackle this somehow. So I'd like to start a discussion about it.

As a starter for ten, here's a proposal. Stringent application of the rules. Anything that comes across as hateful or bigoted gets unnapproved. Repeat offenders get infracted. And no account is made for it being "funny", or "honest". For example:

careful mind.... they'll obviously appease you, doesn't mean your new sex is "true"

Now, the nature of gender identity is a valid topic of discussion. But asking about it in Julies "I came out" thread is inappropriate and insensitive, albeit on topic. And there are better ways to start the discussion than "doesn't mean your new sex is true". For example, you could have started a new thread, "Gender Identity" with the first post:

raas_2013 said:
I don't really understand the reasons for people feeling that they are not cisgendered*. Please could someone help me understand?

You might even include your own theories in it, so they could be corrected. I'm pretty sure no-one would take offence to that and leave Bluelight.

Why did you not do this?

*cisgendered - cis is the opposite to trans. Roughly speaking - cisgendered means "same gender identity as biological gender", transgendered means "different gender identity to biological gender". I think there are more nuances to it than that, for example biological gender is not uniform, gender is not binary, it might be a 2-dimensional category or even a 3-dimensional one. Some people are hermaphrodites for example.

I'm all for applying the rules stringently to anything that comes across as bigoted or hateful. I'm not the most PC person in the world, but stuff like that has to either be very funny, or come from someone I know. New members obviously aren't going to see someone posting certain remarks and think 'oh that's just so-and-so' like the rest of us might.

There are ways of talking about issues such as the ones that came up in the transgender thread without sounding ridiculously offensive. Obviously if you post a thread about something not everyone is going to be on the same page and by posting you're putting whatever issue or thought out there for criticism, but there's genuine discourse and then there's just offensive bollocks. We had the same thing with Pontifex's death thread; people need to be able to discern when and where it's appropriate to post something instead of just barging in regardless of peoples feelings.

I don't want to censor this entire place to death but I want to lose new members even less, so yeah something needs to be done. Hopefully that can be put upon the posters in EADD as much as the staff, if you get me?

Knock you're making a mountain out of a molehill.

I was off my trolley when I made that comment. if you ban all the fucked people we'll have no members left. better to scare away a couple of newbies than lose the entire forum

How about raas's post? I wouldn't say it was hateful or even bigoted, but it was definitely insensitive. And possibly bigoted.

Raas, this is exactly why I'm having a discussion about this rather than just infracting you.

Can you not exercise some judgement even when you're off your trolley? I think I do.

It's not a molehill when new members pack their bags and leave. It may not be a mountain, but it's definitely a hill, a proper one.

Yeah, it just keeps happening though and it is affecting people and the view of this forum negatively. And I'd say it was definitely insensitive but then I don't know Raas enough to say it's bigoted, or is a remark like that just inherently bigoted? It's a hard one to get into really which is why it would be awesome if people could just try and be more sensitive to stuff like this instead of us having to draft a massive set of rules and trigger words and god knows what that everyone has to adhere to. Being fucked isn't exactly an excuse when I'd say more than half of us are constantly fucked and don't cause the same degree of offense, or edit it swiftly if we say something we realise is a bit off; god knows I've done it from time to time if I realise the person I'm talking to could take something badly or what I've said could be misinterpreted.