• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The EADD Metathread - Let's talk about how we can improve EADD

To ignore feature works on a technical basis and socially it does not because when one person baits it drives another.
then you ignore two people. or three people. or five people. or however many people it is that are doing it.

alasdair

then you ignore two people. or three people. or five people. or however many people it is that are doing it.

alasdair

Would be better not to have to n just to all get along like adults x

I ignore all you cunts...

hahahaha I ignored you first :D jk

On a serious note, after reading posts other day, I am concerned that people are not using my Depression thread because I created it which I feel is a shame as I thought it be great to have a place where people can support one another and share information to get better and any further help and support. I feel a bit upset over this as I've worked really hard on this which isn't easy having a visual impairment as takes me twice as long, and if people are boycotting threads because I've produced them seems silly as it's a HR thread. I intended that thread to be something we all produced as a team and feel it would be rather childish boycotting threads that may be of help just because I have produced them :( I feel quite upset over this to be honest as my intentions is to try and help others. :(

Evey

Last edited:

hahahaha I ignored you first :D jk

On a serious note, after reading posts other day, I am concerned that people are not using my Depression thread because I created it which I feel is a shame as I thought it be great to have a place where people can support one another and share information to get better and any further help and support. I feel a bit upset over this as I've worked really hard on this which isn't easy having a visual impairment as takes me twice as long, and if people are boycotting threads because I've produced them seems silly as it's a HR thread. I intended that thread to be something we all produced as a team and feel it would be rather childish boycotting threads that may be of help just because I have produced them :( I feel quite upset over this to be honest as my intentions is to try and help others. :(

Evey

You just need to give threads like that time imo. Time for people to browse, engage and respond if they wish. Whenever a new thread is created the OP never knows whether it will become really popular or get no responses. Even if there are no immediate responses that might just mean that people who might be thinking of something to add haven't had chance to formulate what they want to say yet. It's wrong to take it personally imo, you're just kind of torturing yourself by doing that.

You just need to give threads like that time imo. Time for people to browse, engage and respond if they wish. Whenever a new thread is created the OP never knows whether it will become really popular or get no responses. Even if there are no immediate responses that might just mean that people who might be thinking of something to add haven't had chance to formulate what they want to say yet. It's wrong to take it personally imo, you're just kind of torturing yourself by doing that.

Thanks, MDB, and you're probably right. The reason I'm worried is that a member come on the site the other day basically saying that no one will reply to any of my threads. I ignored it at the time but it's now bugging me that people may not get potential help or support if they boycotting threads I've produced as I'm trying to create threads that help in terms of HR etc. But thanks for your comment as you always give sound advice <3.

Evey

of course it would but that's a little idealistic, especially online.

yep. sound advice. i think it's better to be in the mindset that, once a thread is posted, it's no longer "your thread" - it's just "a thread". some threads thrive and some die because they get no responses and you have very little control over that. and you know what the four agreements says about taking things personally, evey...

alasdair

You're right, Ali, n I wrote on the thread itself that its not my thread it's our thread n I wouldn't be feeling paranoid had it not been for the posts last week off a certain member saying my threads wont be getting a response. I'm worried because i've put a lot of time n effort into this thread so people can get support. But I take your posts on board n will try feeling less paranoid about it <3

Evey

Oh I give up on that damn thread as no help or support from any EADD members :( i was up nights sorting that thread may as well delete the thing. Sorry but it's disheartening when I work hard trying to do something to help people n no one gives any support whatsoever :( would it have been too hard for people to give me a hand getting it going n with content? I did that hopefully giving support for members like our Foolsy who the system failed. :(
Thanks

Evey

^ i guess you didn't mean what you wrote in post #872? :\

some threads thrive and some don't. don't take it personally.

alasdair

^ i guess you didn't mean what you wrote in post #872? :\

some threads thrive and some don't. don't take it personally.

alasdair

You're right I guess - but it's extremely difficult not to take it personally when I've worked extremely hard on it and no one seems to care.

To be honest, it's more than just feeling personal, It feels like, apart from a few members it doesn't feel like anyone cares about Harm Reduction or helping people at al. Every time a member dies on this forum poster after poster say how they "wished they could help them etc" n yet learn ABSOLUTELY nothing, or appear to. The minute a fun thread is put on here people instantly post yet I try to make one aiming to help people, and no one can be bothered at all. Next time someone passes away people will make the same posts "I wish I knew how they were feeling, why didn't I help them?" We can't make a difference to anyone no longer here but we can for others who are still here.

Why do we have to have the fucked thread which appears to be glorifying drug abuse and in no way offers harm reduction. All the people who have passed away and we've learnt nothing at all. I've kept all this to myself for awhile isn't it time we, members and staff, looked at what's going wrong and correct it?

If this is a Harm Reduction site isn't that about focusing how HR of substances and situations / stuff focusing on substance abuse? Mental illness leading to addiction or binging on substances. It just seems about having fun on here which is all well and good but it does nothing to save lives on here.

I don't wish to offend anyone with this I've kept this to myself for awhile now, but finding out others seem to feel similar I'm speaking out about it or nothing will ever change here.

Evey

The fucked thread isn't harm reduction, no. People take drugs to get fucked up. To deny it would be silly.

There's plenty of hr advice all over the threads, the fucked thread too when folk get daft. I don't see it as glorifying, more as accepting what the vast majority use drugs for...

Is it OK to get fucked up as long as you keep it to yourself? Is that better?

The fucked thread isn't harm reduction, no. People take drugs to get fucked up. To deny it would be silly.

There's plenty of hr advice all over the threads, the fucked thread too when folk get daft. I don't see it as glorifying, more as accepting what the vast majority use drugs for...

Is it OK to get fucked up as long as you keep it to yourself? Is that better?

Thanks for your reply, Scotchy <3

When you put it like that it makes sense. It's difficult of getting the balance right, I guess
I do want to reply to this but I want to think about how to put it first. I'll reply to this in a few days if that's ok?

Evey

Cool..

The unfortunate truth is, people die taking drugs. No amount of information will change that. We can only "reduce" harm, not eradicate it.

Take as much time as you need. I'll no doubt still be around :)

Oh I give up on that damn thread as no help or support from any EADD members :( i was up nights sorting that thread may as well delete the thing. Sorry but it's disheartening when I work hard trying to do something to help people n no one gives any support whatsoever :( would it have been too hard for people to give me a hand getting it going n with content? I did that hopefully giving support for members like our Foolsy who the system failed. :(
Thanks

Evey

Evey, as Ali said above you mustn't take it personally if people havent posted in your thread. Depression and indeed any mental health issue are very personal things and some people (it not most people) aren't comfortable discussing such a thing in a forum full of strangers.

People want to keep their private mental health issues just that........Private.

Make a thread about getting spannerd on smack and 3-F though and people will be all over it like a £50 suit :)

Maybe also think about how many threads about HR, Recovery etc are elsewhere on this forum. You've posted in a number of areas, right? I think your thread is a very good idea and doesn't duplicate the others but maybe members are discussing similar issues in OD and Recovery. It's not personal.

Maybe also think about how many threads about HR, Recovery etc are elsewhere on this forum. You've posted in a number of areas, right? I think your thread is a very good idea and doesn't duplicate the others but maybe members are discussing similar issues in OD and Recovery. It's not personal.

Thanks for your comment n you're right however it works differently in EADD because most people stay here n I put a lot of time n effort onto it. When I was referring to HR I meant in EADD not the whole of Bluelight. Thanks anyway <3

Evey, as Ali said above you mustn't take it personally if people havent posted in your thread. Depression and indeed any mental health issue are very personal things and some people (it not most people) aren't comfortable discussing such a thing in a forum full of strangers.

People want to keep their private mental health issues just that........
Make a thread about getting spannerd on smack and 3-F though and people will be all over it like a £50 suit :)

People talk enough about their depression on other threads. They're not posting because I made the thread :(. A member came on here saying as much n shambles removed his posts. Anyway, I'm past caring anyway as I put my heart into creating that n thinking it's something we could all work at. Anways, let's all move on <3

PS: sorry I seem snappy just meaning to be x

Evey

Last edited:
God help me for even trying to do this. It's almost like I care right?

Right. Firstly. Here's why BL's infraction system is shit. Someone can come on here, and within their first few posts offer to chop another member into little pieces and post the pics on Bluelight. As this would be their first infraction, the point they received, even if they did receive a point, would count for nothing. No ban.

This happened against me by a member. So I'm talking a real case I know about.

Then you have someone who falls out with a mod. A particularly evil mod who takes it on themselves to get people he hates infracted and banned as much as possible. Sammy G got Bodda banned ffs for telling a joke about Cornishman (RIP). A joke Cornish found funny. Sammy G also made a point of picking on me, reporting loads of my posts so I accrued several bans. The last was for saying 'bloody'. And he did this through a period when he knew I had cancer. And to top it off he belittled the death of my best friend ("I don't care"). He was supported to the hilt by admin. It took admin 2 more years to see him for what he was (a psycho) and perma-ban him.

During this time I stopped posting, partly through bans accrued (3 months for 'bloody') and partly through fuck your stupid system. When I came back I managed to post for ages, with 1 point hanging over me - and got no more infractions. Until I said to a mod in CEP "Don't make me laugh". Immediate ban.

But if I create a new ID and go through Tor, I can threaten to chop someone to pieces and post the pics. You tell me where that makes sense?

So you want me to give you an alternative? OK. Here.

http://www.urban75.org/info/faq.html

Its not perfect. But it beats the shit out of the BL incremental rubbish. And thats largely because Urban75 let its members police the site. Go there and see how many members are currently on temp ban. The answer is zero. And yet their world doesn't cave in. A lot of their rules in that link I posted aren't so different to BL. But its about how the rules are enforced.

Briefly: Anyone pissing about, advertising, hassling, posting up disruptive content or personal info, or pedalling racist, homophobic, defamatory, sexist or similarly dodgy content can be expected to be booted off without appeal.

Even more briefly: Don't act like a dick and we'll all get along fine.

Sums it up for the tl;dr crew.

Their banned users are nearly all spammers with the occasional racist troll. Their politics section is about 20x the size of CEP in BL. like I said, its not perfect. But their freedom of speech sure beats the shit out of BL's. And BL is supposed to be the American way?

Urban has its faults. The 'Like' button is probably its biggest (it creates cliques). But as far as enforcing rules and regs and encouraging proper debate - it pisses all over this place. BL could try learning from it. But that would require a bit of humility wouldn't it? And I can't see that happening here.

Don't say I didn't try.

But now I'm off to Urban.

I'm not being trying to take the piss SHM you do what you feel the need to do but as certain windows of opportunity have now opened for a calmer forum I would personally prefer it if you stuck around for a couple more weeks to give the place one more chance to see if it calms down a bit. I don't like to see anyone chip even under valid circumstances but it especially stings when it's such a long term experienced and knowledgeable poster. I know you have your reasons so you do what u think is best fella, but IMO...

God help me for even trying to do this. It's almost like I care right?

Right. Firstly. Here's why BL's infraction system is shit. Someone can come on here, and within their first few posts offer to chop another member into little pieces and post the pics on Bluelight. As this would be their first infraction, the point they received, even if they did receive a point, would count for nothing. No ban.

This happened against me by a member. So I'm talking a real case I know about.

Then you have someone who falls out with a mod. A particularly evil mod who takes it on themselves to get people he hates infracted and banned as much as possible. Sammy G got Bodda banned ffs for telling a joke about Cornishman (RIP). A joke Cornish found funny. Sammy G also made a point of picking on me, reporting loads of my posts so I accrued several bans. The last was for saying 'bloody'. And he did this through a period when he knew I had cancer. And to top it off he belittled the death of my best friend ("I don't care"). He was supported to the hilt by admin. It took admin 2 more years to see him for what he was (a psycho) and perma-ban him.

During this time I stopped posting, partly through bans accrued (3 months for 'bloody') and partly through fuck your stupid system. When I came back I managed to post for ages, with 1 point hanging over me - and got no more infractions. Until I said to a mod in CEP "Don't make me laugh". Immediate ban.

But if I create a new ID and go through Tor, I can threaten to chop someone to pieces and post the pics. You tell me where that makes sense?

So you want me to give you an alternative? OK. Here.

http://www.urban75.org/info/faq.html

Its not perfect. But it beats the shit out of the BL incremental rubbish. And thats largely because Urban75 let its members police the site. Go there and see how many members are currently on temp ban. The answer is zero. And yet their world doesn't cave in. A lot of their rules in that link I posted aren't so different to BL. But its about how the rules are enforced.

Sums it up for the tl;dr crew.

Their banned users are nearly all spammers with the occasional racist troll. Their politics section is about 20x the size of CEP in BL. like I said, its not perfect. But their freedom of speech sure beats the shit out of BL's. And BL is supposed to be the American way?

Urban has its faults. The 'Like' button is probably its biggest (it creates cliques). But as far as enforcing rules and regs and encouraging proper debate - it pisses all over this place. BL could try learning from it. But that would require a bit of humility wouldn't it? And I can't see that happening here.

Don't say I didn't try.

But now I'm off to Urban.

Some good site rules. Long read but worth it. Now, I know you're not actually asking us to become another 75 so? What in particular are you asking us to change or would you like to see change. I get the infraction system but that's way out of EADD's hands. There isn't anything that can't be discussed though I'm sure. What else is it? You hint at the ability to ban people immediately. You do realise though that would probably fall under the Mods discretion should something like that be implemented. That doesn't really sound like a system you'd agree with though so, I've obviously misunderstood the point there.

I'd really like to hear what recommendations you're thinking of. PM's or Public which ever you would feel more comfortable about. This site evolves all the time, we can only do our best to make it as good as possible for EVERYONE members and staff alike. xx