• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The EADD Metal Thread V. Fukkin' br00tal!1!1!

Sprout

Bluelight Crew
So if we can have a disco, blues, and a DJ thread, I figured a lil' something is in order for you bunch o' Satan worshiping fucks. ;)
FG, I need you!

Gorgoroth - Incipit Satan
Gorgoroth - Carving A Giant
Gorgoroth - Sign Of An Open Eye (Experimental style, possibly their best work)
Dimmu Borgir - The Serpentine Offering (Never trip to this song.... trust me)
Cradle Of Filth - Her Ghost In The Fog
Cerebral Bore - The Bald Cadaver (The vocalist is a barely 5ft Scottish woman, and incredible live)
Dying Fetus - Homicidal Retribution (Inspired by the film Law Abiding Citizen)
Lord Gore - Rape Camp
Lord Gore - Morgue Whore (Probably the greatest Goregrind song ever, I will nail the vocals one day)

Take drugs, Hail Satan.
;)

<3

Does it have to be the really heavy stuff? What about some Dream Theater, Sonata Arctica, Avantasia and the like?

Throw it up! =D

Personally I'm incredibly fond of black metal and spent years doing vocal covers of Grindcore and its sub-genres, so I just put up what I like. :)

<3

Yo - never been that into metal to be perfectly honest, there are a fair few heavy metal tunes that I like by Iron Maiden, Metallica and Black Sabbath (if you even consider Sabbath to be 'metal' in comparison to what metal has become).

I have no idea about other sub genres like 'death' or 'black' metal, I probably couldn't tell the difference, then there's 'thrash', 'Norweigian black metal' etc etc etc.....

However, I'm always into exploring new music, I'll give some of these a recommendations a listen. I've never been a big fan of the 'growling' - is that what you call the way the lead singer often sings in the harder side of metal? It gives me the creeps, haha.

Metal has such a massive following.

If you check the Tube for CC's Destroyers Of The Faith tour in Manchester, you'll find a video including a guy in red cargo jeans flying across the top of a mosh pit during either Hammer Smashed Face or Stripped, Raped and Strangled.... that guy is me!!!! =D

<3

I'm not a big heavy metal fan. I love Sabbath, Tool and a few others. Nothing really heavy.

I did go to see a Norwegian band, Shining , in Glasgow at the end of November and had a class time. They were a wee bit different. Maybe just because of the saxophone. I only listened to them for the first time on the night before I left. T'was nice to head-bang again. I just wish I still had my hair.

EDIT: Can't believe I forgot to mention how much I fucking love Rammstein <3

It would be blasphemous to mention Norway without bringing up Burzum's Dunkelheit
The ultimate winter Black Metal anthem, written and performed single-handed by Mr Varg Vikernes, convicted murderer and infamous church burner.
(Also recorded with a shoe, I'm fairly sure)

<3

I'm not a big heavy metal fan. I love Sabbath, Tool and a few others. Nothing really heavy.

I did go to see a Norwegian band, Shining , in Glasgow at the end of November and had a class time. They were a wee bit different. Maybe just because of the saxophone. I only listened to them for the first time on the night before I left. T'was nice to head-bang again. I just wish I still had my hair.

EDIT: Can't believe I forgot to mention how much I fucking love Rammstein <3

Rammstein's playing Download next year, it's going to be awesome.

Have you listened to Apocalyptica? It's cello based heavy metal, they're pretty great.

If you like Symphonic Metal: Within Temptation are incredible.

<3

Yer not wrong there Sprout, though I've only heard 'The Silent Force'.

In the same vein are Evanescence of course; and the original (and best IMO) - All About Eve - who admittedly were not quite as metally and more folky, but they were probably the loudest band I've ever seen play live, which was surprising...

@ Don Luigi - you a Weegie too Don, Christ we really do have a solid presence on the EADD forum, don't we?

Yer not wrong there Sprout, though I've only heard 'The Silent Force'.

In the same vein are Evanescence of course; and the original (and best IMO) - All About Eve - who admittedly were not quite as metally and more folky, but they were probably the loudest band I've ever seen play live, which was surprising...

Don't forget Nightwish, Edenbridge and After Forever. Not really my thing (last Nightwish album was really good actually), but if you're into Within Temptation, you'll probably like this lot.

Rammstein's playing Download next year, it's going to be awesome.

Have you listened to Apocalyptica? It's cello based heavy metal, they're pretty great.

Ah I'd love to go see them but not a chance I'm making it to download. Not enough for me there as an incentive anyway.

@ Don Luigi - you a Weegie too Don, Christ we really do have a solid presence on the EADD forum, don't we?

Nah I'm from Northern Ireland, pal. I did live in Glasgow very briefly though :\