• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The EADD Maintenance and After-care Thread

Been taking 2 mg for past few days. Felt an exhaustion like no other, but not sure if its related to the sub or summit wrong with me. I'm either totally exhausted to the point I'm feeling I'm nodding off to sleep or over-energised n bored like I've drunk too much caffeine.

I've got all these emotions running around because I fear change / loss so reducing / stopping is a major thing.

with codeine the physical wasnt that major of an issue it was the psychological. The physical was just like having flu. But the psychological, depression was what stopped me getting off. I'd felt nothing like that in me life n all anyone could say was "pick yourself up n stop feeling sorry for yourself." ...and come to think on it, an extremely tired feeling (im forgotten that, because social got involved cus at the time i couldnt properly look after little one but was only a week)

PS: i put a post in Gibs that i should have put in here really I just thought no one reads this lol which I'm a bit sad about as i really wanted it to help other people out with maintenance n aftercare treatment options for addictions.

Evey

A friend of mine tapered down from a 16mg a day bupe habit to nothing in around 6 weeks reducing by 1mg every 3/4days, he would crush his pills and weigh out the doses so would have a bit more of an accurate schedule, have u teied dropping by 1mg or even .5mg a time evey? U can get a knife n split the pills into 4 or crush em and split the powder into 4 piles, ideally weighing them would make it more accurate but I can't help but feel you are making life tough on yourself by dropping 2mg a time

Just a thought

Last edited:
Could even ask to get Temgesic brand 0.2mg burprenorphine pills prescribed for the taper

Could even ask to get Temgesic brand 0.2mg burprenorphine pills prescribed for the taper

yeah i was gunna suggest that too, they come in 0.4mg and 0.2mg, which would be ideal for you, it definitely is worth going and speaking with a dr about this, cuz the longer you mess about alternating doses day by day the longer this will drag out

Speaking of that, my key worker was on about me changing to subutex n I liked the idea but she seems to forget our conversations the next minute which is extremely irritating.

I could ask my family to look after subs but it nearly destroyed my relationship with them last them. It was incredibly stressful.

I totally forgot i had a docs appointment last week which i take the blame for so i dunno when i'll be able to see him next n whether he'll give me subutex. He told me before they only prescribe suboxone in my area my keyworker mentions subutex?

A friend of mine tapered down from a 16mg a day bupe habit to nothing in around 6 weeks reducing by 1mg every 3/4days, he would crush his pills and weigh out the doses so would have a bit more of an accurate schedule, have u teied dropping by 1mg or even .5mg a time evey? U can get a knife n split the pills into 4 or crush em and split the powder into 4 piles, ideally weighing them would make it more accurate but I can't help but feel you are making life tough on yourself by dropping 2mg a time

Just a thought

I could try that with my 2 mg that's not a bad idea n then i could talk to my kw on 17 about subutex. Thanks.

Evey

don't ask for subutex, ask for temgesics, they will give you the 0.4mg most probably so you would be prescribed 5-10 a day depending if they wanna lower you to 2mg or keep you on 4.. but with them u can easily reduce by a pill every few days and you wouldn't feel a thing, seriously, this is the best way to do it, its how my mates gf got off em, she was on 8mg a day and asked her dr for temgesics and was prescribed 20 of them a day in the beginning and never needed to take all 20, see what your dr says bout it, it can't hurt

Oh thanks. I'll do some research about temgesics.

And sorry for snapping at you the other day.

Evey

Oh thanks. I'll do some research about temgesics.

And sorry for snapping at you the other day.

Evey

Nah don't worry about it at all, I wasn't very tactful bout what i was saying, and you have been miles better recently too, so yea I was in the wrong on that too, forget bout it :)

Ive been thinking about codeine a bit the last few weeks. Not necessarily craving it. But I've the empty, irritability feelings back again its made me think of codeine.

So my thoughts have been something like "Maybe some codeine will be nice,
Nah the otc stuff is weak lets not bother lets find summit stronger,
No i don't want codeine I want to get back into fitness"

Then the irritability, empty, worthless thoughts come, where literally everything angers me to the point i just wanna cry because I'm not violent, its internal

Then thoughts like

"OK forget the thoughts of opiates lets take an extra 2 mg sub (which I did tue because I needed to feel calm)

Then im. Sitting in another recovery group (not the one I left) n these thought come into my head "I'm feel awkward here, I don't know what to say (continues meeting) then another thought "lets get some codeine feel nice n calm after no more anger"

Meeting ends n I walk in n out this pharmacy three times (missing a bus) trying to talk myself in / out of getting it.

Finally i walk off n never got any but what the hell is this about????? I don't even remember the feeling of codeine. Not taken any in less than 2 years so i know it's not cravings.

But all these thoughts n feelings. And nothing worst than feeling angry inside but having to act all calm for relatives etc.

Ive tried everything to get rid of this emptiness; spending, obsessing. it just wont go.

Sorry for the moan.

Evey

BUMP!!!!!!

I'm going to revamp this.

If you are on maintenance or in recovery this is for you.

If anyone has any info about methadone, suboxone or any other form of maintenance meds to be added to the front page pls PM me n I'll add it in. Mods feel free to add / edit whatever- I really want to try n revamp n make a success of this thread <3

Evey

If there's one thing you should take away from this thread it's that maintenance probably isn't doing you any good.

I'm not bothered about me I want a thread to help others here but this one aint working. I don't know if it's the title that's putting others off or that people are not iinterested in discussing maintenance n recovery in EADD.

My theory that that recovery n maintenance services differ in the UK to that of other countries n its difficult to interact with equiries. For instance methadone n suboxone maintenance are handled differently to that of how they're handled in the US ie finding a sub doc who often limits to £100 patients n charges a lot for both induction, on-going treatment n therapy n methadone maintenance meaning attending a m clinic n getting daily picnic.

Our enquiries in terms of aftercare differ n this was something I struggled with for many months on Bluelight until I found EADD. The understanding n empathy is strenthened both ways due to an inner understanding n information-processing of what will expect / is expecting in services that is difficult when services differ greatly.

Ideas please people.

Mods: if I'm over-stepping the mark here please accept my sincere apologies n let me know <3

Evey

Starting from next Friday - or maybe sooner I'm starting my recovery from 3-FPM n abstaing from other substances. I'n still on 1.6 mg Buprenorphinr but hoping to soon be off it. Just asking for some support with thos please. Good luck with anyone that who is tapering or abstaining. Hope we can support each other <3
I love you lit so much.much. I truly love being part of this community n all of you xxxx

Evey