• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

The Drugs and Music Mega Thread

Been on a Deerhunter kick, particularly the albums Microcastle and Halcyon Digest. Great to get stoned to at the end of the day.

They just bring me back to those days where I was a tweak-addict-pre-opiate/benzo-discovery. Miserable. Which totally sucks, because a lot of that is still great music.

Funny on different strokes for different folks, I'll take stims over downers any day (except the occasional very shitty, anxiety filled day).

Love this instrumental of Young Lust by Pink Floyd, just heard it on weed for the first time last night.

Always gotta listen to some Freq Nasty on amphetamines... =D

And just Primus in general, all the time. Got to see Les Claypool's new side project Duo De Twang live a bit ago, awesome stuff too.

Why do some rap artists sing about taking Promethazine?

I hear it a lot in rap songs but can't figure out why it would be worthy of singing about. I've read that it doesn't really do anything as a poteniator so what's the point?

I'm a big hip hop head and honestly its just marketing. Normally their rapping about Codeine & Promethazine you know "Sizzurp. I listen to old school hip hop mainly but it seems to be quire popular in this new age garbage. Never got why honestly, Rappers act like it's this hard drug (Not to take away it's still an Opiate with OD potential) Codeine is the weakest member of the damn chain! lol its like really?! I don't know I don't get this new age. Hip hop has gone down in standards so much over the years its ridiculous. I think its just the catchyness of it all with the teenage generation you know? Sippin on that purple drink, my cup got barney in it etc etc LOL it markets well to all this swag shir going away & let's face it most of these rappers are some of the most uneducated drug abusers anyway, they don't know about their drug or how weak it actually really is to someone with a decent tolerance. I happen to be a Rap artist myself though I'm very articulate with my words and actually know my substances I talk about. Shit I record about my damn oxys H and Tina!Haha

Because they're punk ass bitches seeking out acceptance from the 16 year olds who also consume it.

Yeah not much diversity nowadays. I love hiphop but I gotta have subject matter, good stories and no ignorance in my music to be listenable but yeah as stated above pretty much sums it up for this generation. It's all mass appeal and cheap marketing. I mean love Metal Trance dub step reggae alternative rock Hip hop etc but the quality and standards that are set for the majority of the rap industry is a sad excuse for the genre I love so much and once called an art form. Hard to nowadays.

Neuroleptics suck 3inch diameter Clydesdale stallion phalluses. Wouldn't promethazine remove any buzz from the codeine?

Last edited:
Syrup is so motherfucking overhyped. I think people who are into it dig the way they can sip on it like some sort of cocktail. Fuck, Codeine did nothing to me before I was addicted to Vicodin.

Codeine is actually no-script-required in many first world countries, which says a whole lot right there. I think the largest danger it poses is being turned into dirty Krokodil.

Edit: Plus a ton of rappers usually have no idea what they're talking about. A good friend of mine on the up and up was rhyming, "Percocet and klonopin, syzzurp and a lotta gin" When I offered him a klonopin he had no fucking clue what I was talking about.

Yeah I hear a lot about sipping codiene and I always wonder why since it pretty shitty and there are tons of others that are way better to abuse. But I guess when you got money you can do whatever you want. And they probably like it since they don't have to do anything but pour it in a cup instead of having to crush a oxy to get it ready for injection or insufflatio, lazy factor...I guess if they did anything harder than codiene than they'd be bad addicts and couldn't produce music but since they have the money they could always get their fix to feel normal. Cuz damn, I'm only doing 15mg-30mg oxycodone a day and if I go a day without it than I feel like total shit. But thanks for clearing everything up for me, I kinda figured it was just a bunch of BS anyways:)

"My cup got Barney in it..." Haha I've never heard that one before, that's good.

I'm a big hip hop head and honestly its just marketing. Normally their rapping about Codeine & Promethazine you know "Sizzurp. I listen to old school hip hop mainly but it seems to be quire popular in this new age garbage. Never got why honestly, Rappers act like it's this hard drug (Not to take away it's still an Opiate with OD potential) Codeine is the weakest member of the damn chain! lol its like really?! I don't know I don't get this new age. Hip hop has gone down in standards so much over the years its ridiculous. I think its just the catchyness of it all with the teenage generation you know? Sippin on that purple drink, my cup got barney in it etc etc LOL it markets well to all this swag shir going away & let's face it most of these rappers are some of the most uneducated drug abusers anyway, they don't know about their drug or how weak it actually really is to someone with a decent tolerance. I happen to be a Rap artist myself though I'm very articulate with my words and actually know my substances I talk about. Shit I record about my damn oxys H and Tina!Haha

Is any of your music online? It would be nice to hear some lyrics that actually have meaning!lol
Also, I always read about your crazy drug binges on BL. Like the time you were abusing meth so much that you were falling sleep after a hit or your insane doses of DXM.
I would love to hear the raps spwned from these episodes!lol

Is any of your music online? It would be nice to hear some lyrics that actually have meaning!lol
Also, I always read about your crazy drug binges on BL. Like the time you were abusing meth so much that you were falling sleep after a hit or your insane doses of DXM.
I would love to hear the raps spwned from these episodes!lol

Hell yeah!! I'd like to hear some too! I don't know anything about you except for what you said in your post but I'm new here so I'm sure I'll see some stuff eventually but I'd definitely like to here some of your stuff! Well not from who I quoted obviously, I just quoted his post to agree haha

because rapping about drug use is influential and they know it. if they like opies, whats better for society? telling the kids how good heroin is? or a potentiated (promethazine is a potentiator, no?) lesser opiate? while still an opiate, its less likely to do the damage heroin would.

just my thought..

They talk about it cause ogs like pimp c [rip] sip lean ( codiene with prometh) or tussinex ( hydrocodone and chlorpheniramine)
There are much better opiates but I think they like the fact it s a lighter opiate and you can still function.

Not all new gen rappers are bad, I'd recommend danny brown, dope head, and schoolboy q to start.

Im a rapper as well an I talk about the drugs I do no lean or any of that shit.

v-nasty.jpg

There are much better opiates but I think they like the fact it s a lighter opiate and you can still function.

You're right on that one. There's still the whole "don't get high on your own supply" thing, and rappers don't want to seem like junkies (it's only romantic for guitarists).

Once you've had harder opiates syrup is like nothing though. It's like what I'd drink if I was already on real drugs and didn't want to violate HR by drinking alcohol.
Personally, the first time I had syrup I was scripted a 4oz bottle and I drank the whole thing in one night along with 3-4 Xanax bars and was pissed that I wasted the whole bottle of syrup... (would have been better used to treat my actual weed cough)

I'm a junkie rapper lol

In response to felonious monk I first had it when I was ten or something and got a bottle for an ear infection. I got so fucked up i just passed in and out of nods for hours.
Think that was the first time opiates stuck there claws in my innocent receptors.

You're right on that one. There's still the whole "don't get high on your own supply" thing, and rappers don't want to seem like junkies (it's only romantic for guitarists).

Once you've had harder opiates syrup is like nothing though. It's like what I'd drink if I was already on real drugs and didn't want to violate HR by drinking alcohol.
Personally, the first time I had syrup I was scripted a 4oz bottle and I drank the whole thing in one night along with 3-4 Xanax bars and was pissed that I wasted the whole bottle of syrup... (would have been better used to treat my actual weed cough)

Yea word i think rappers dont want to seem like junkies but its hard enough for teenies to think its cool but not so bad it wont be edited out or give them a junkie rep, just a "cool" rapper that gets fucked up.

Because mainstream are more afraid to say that or use stronger opiates. Of course it wont be catchy if they say nigga im poppin Oxys, sniffin coke and drinking rozay. Im onnn promethaaazine sounds alot better.

Depends on the rap though. There are guys aint afraid to admit it, <<eat a handful of oxycontin and chase it with bacardi>>.