• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

⫸STICKY⫷ The Delphic Oracle- Know Thyself: P&S Social Ampitheatre of Doom

I agree about the medicine thing, it feels like a medication for sure, rather than a recreational drug. The effects are subtle but powerful. It's really good for things like social anxiety too, really anxiety at all, it kills that pretty damn well, but not in the same way as benzos. With benzos I feel like they shut a part of my brain off, but with phenibut I just feel confident and great and that's why the anxiety is gone. It makes me feel more alive rather than less alive.

I find it great for soclialising. It seems to kill any sort of feelings of aggression or anxiety, although I don't have much of that. But great for stressful family get-togethers, etc.

I was thinking about buying it for my sister, who can be very moody and irritable, but decided not to as I don't know if it could cause any complications for her. Not addiction, but it affects your body very strongly and she's a mother with young children.

It can make you very confident. Not transform your personality or anything, but work to enhance what you already are.

Yeah exactly, it makes me feel fully confident to be myself. It's not intoxicating at all unless you take too much. It kind of feels like I'm just having the best day, everything is coming easily.

sorry for getting a bit impassioned. Yeah, glad you have good information from experienced users. hope it works for you. I have a history of alcohol abuse under my belt so I may be sensitive to phenibut because of the kindling and whatnot. Guess it was reactivating the nightmare I had gotten myself out of so glad I didn't like it much. If it gets to be a problem don't let it get out of hand. don't forget that Nix needs a Bluelight mom. :D last I'll say about that.

This country sucks. I've been told 100 grams of Phenibut will be destroyed because it's a restricted merchandise and contains more than 50 grams. Such a police state.

Damn that's shitty, sorry. :\

People in the US like to say we live in a police state, and I mean, we kinda do, our police are militarized, it's pretty scary, but damn if it isn't a lot harder to get drugs in some other countries. I've probably ordered stuff from overseas to my mailbox a good 50-75 times over the last 10 years (haven't kept track at all hence the wide margin of guesswork), and I've never once had an issue.

But yeah I guess our police just don't actually care much about drugs, it's all a drug war game here, they don't actually want us to not have drugs. The police here are aggressive though, police killing people is common (especially if you're black), which is now coming to light much more because of phone cameras.

Yes, are you kidding me. I've had my home ransacked at least 5 times over the years just for ordering stuff like Kratom. Why can't they just stick to the Heroin dealers and heavy drug users in the street? I guess the US is too big to make that kind of thing a priority and there are other things to focus on.

Most of Europe is like this, though. Especially since the blanket ban in the UK, but probably not as bad as this.

Yeah I think it has to do with the size of the country, we have some 400 million people, the mail system is absolutely flooded. Hell, people regularly ship ounces of marijuana in the mail, properly sealed of course.

Plus yeah, there is a lot of crime that happens here, a lot of high-level drug trade too, and a whole lot of drug users, so for the most part there's probably no time to bother with people bringing in small amounts of drugs for personal use.

Who are your favourite performers, Xorkoth? I was just noticing Adam Ant was a really good performer/stage personality. But you maybe haven't heard of him.

I've heard of him, never seen him though. Honestly I'm most into some relatively local stuff right now. Going to see a group tonight called the Screaming J's, they're amazing, the lead guy is one of the best piano players I've ever seen, he plays so fast his hands are a constant blur and as a piano/keys player myself he's an inspiration. I love seeing the String Cheese Incident live, say what you will about jam bands (some people throw a lot of scorn that direction) but damn if they aren't fucking amazing at playing music together. There's this great band I saw recently called Comeback Alice, some of the more talented people I've seen before. The two lead people are a husband and wife and damn can they rock out. The guy is a virtuoso on the guitar, keys, and harmonica, and has one of the best voices I've ever heard, they cover Led Zeppelin songs sometimes and he actually sounds just like Robert Plant except better (normally he doesn't sound like Plant, but he imitates him incredibly well when he's trying to do that). I don't know, I've seen so many amazing live shows in the past 2 years. I saw this one performer called Fatoumata Diawara, she's from Africa and she and her band are insane... I can't even describe what it was like, it was the most euphoric I've ever been seeing live music, me and my friends were all moved to tears multiple times, they were tears of joy, she was so intense on stage, it was incredibly cathartic. After that performance the entire music festival was stunned, it was all anyone could talk about for hours. Actually at that music festival I saw so many amazing performances, it was the largest concentration of mindblowing music I have ever seen in one place.

Today my world is a pristine white blanket of softly falling silent snow. This will stick if it keeps going.

Oh man, snow. I love it but on the other hand when there is a significant snowfall I get trapped at my house for days sometimes because my drive and the roads leading down are all steep. It sure is beautiful though. Plus I can sled down my road, it's about a third of a mile and relatively straight and pretty steep, you can get going really fast. Whenever it snows enough to sled, me and all the neighbors go sledding. Last winter my next door neighbor had a bonfire and was grilling meat and we smoked bowls with her. :)

Man oh man! I'm a huge fan of snow. So beautiful.

DXM trip coming up soon.

Yeah it's been 2 days of snow all night but melt all day, it's just thick clouds and that silent hush when you can't hear anything or tell where the sun is through the cloud cover. Beautiful, this morning there's about 10cm real wet and heavy costal mountain snow.

Here we've had 2 weeks of uncontrolled forest fires because it hasn't rained in 54 days... and no possible rain scheduled until next Tuesday. This is a temperate rainforest region so it's really bad and unusual. They've evacuated counties, some national forest is burning. They had started to get it controlled but then one night we had near-constant 30-40mph winds, which fanned it up again. This is happening a county away and unlikely to affect me because the winds come from the opposite direction, but the air is thick with smoke, we have an orange air quality advisory, it's making my throat scratchy (especially since it's been going on for 2 weeks). I had to drive my brother to the airport last weekend which was downwind of the fires, and much closer to them, and the smoke was so thick while I was driving back that I started to feel a bit suffocated and my eyes were burning, the sun was a hazy ball of blood red in the sky, you could stare at it and it wasn't even that bright. It was an very apocalyptic scene, I started to feel claustrophobic and panicky. I wish so bad it would rain, I've never seen it half as dry here as it is now. Forest fires are very rare here... the last one was a small one the year I moved here, I remember people thought it was a big deal then, but the air just smelled faintly of smoke, you couldn't actually see the smoke, and it got contained in like 2 days. A hundred years ago there was a forest fire up on the parkway and the place it happened is now called Graveyard Fields... you can still tell there was a fire a hundred years later because of all the dead trees that escaped total immolation. This is a disaster of previously unfathomed proportions for my area.

Some of the fires were started by house fires, but I have read articles that people witnessed someone in a black truck going around starting fires on purpose. if that's true, I hope that guy dies... in a fire. :|

Damn, that's something else, Xorky. Someone going around in a black truck, though? Sounds a bit like an old wives' tale, or maybe just exaggerated a little. Whatever the case, I hope it rains soon, otherwise shit is going to be fucked up. It's actually a good reminder that messed up stuff happens in nature regardless of human input as well. Random natural processes cause a lot of damage to nature on their own. Sometimes people forget that and blame their kind for everything that is wrong on our planet.

It snowed heavily for about a week here, but that was about 2 weeks ago, and by now the snow has melted. I hate snow, to be honest. Yes, it looks nice, especially when the Sun is shining, but I'm a bike addict, and snow is a real obstacle for biking. Bought spiky tires for meh bike today, in preparation for a long and unpleasant winter.

I used to ride long ago, I remember those cold northern BC winter days riding in slush. Maybe I've always been insane, just didn't think it through before.

Where abouts are you Xorkoth, if it's OK to ask? My current work project is finishing, I know a few companies that cater specifically firecamps, If we are border crossing that might not be true. I've worked a few fire camps, and this camp became a firecamp that I was returned to shortly after being evacuated for a forest fire. It does seem very apocalyptic when ash is raining down and the whole sky is black, still one of my better life experiences and the first time I ever broke the rule "don't forget your towel".

I'm in the eastern mountains, NC region (USA).

The black truck thing sounds like an old wives' tale except it's coming from multiple reports, and there were some fires where they are almost certain it was arson that started them. Plus some people are fucked up, I don't doubt for a second that some fucking crazy asshole would do something like that.

^ Down where I live, there was some smog-esque stuff from all the blow over. It just smelled like something was burning.

They say the guy was a wannabe weather man.

hey xork :3

*also, I think I'm going to pick up running soon. They say the runner's high is worth it, though I'm not sure it'll be as euphoric as some good opana.

The runners high is euphoric and will compliment spiritual highs. Plus so healthy, my first addiction was running, I was 15. Eventually it turned to walking/hiking but I still love the high when I hit the summit of a mountain.

Just think, you can tell your parents your heading out to get stoned.