Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

⫸STICKY⫷ The Delphic Oracle- Know Thyself: P&S Social Ampitheatre of Doom

Graphing the History of Philosophy
NSFW:
JFyedTg.jpg

source

I've just realised how much I hate the ego-consciousness and ego-games of this world. Although now I've become quite good at it, so in a sense I enjoy it. But it took me a long time to get used to and I just don't like the typical human consciousness state/form.

It can be fine when you and those you're with are in a higher consciousness state, even if it's because everyone are high, but I really hate the low consciousness states you have to be in as a human or be around others who are in. All the forms of negativity, from mundane/bored/joyless states to heavier negativity like anger and hatred, etc. It's almost like I have no patience for it any more, although for many this is just normal and they wouldn't want it any different.

I'd just like a long holiday from it, but I know the whole point of being here on Earth is to richly experience all of that, and see where what you have created here takes you next.

You have to take the good with the bad. They tend to be supportive of each other anyway. They add contrast to your life.

But yeah. I dislike the mundane sacrifices I make daily to live in society; the making of small talk, being polite and 'thoughtful'. I get amazed at the complexity of human social interaction; we are such touchy fucking animals with our pleases, thank-you's, excuse-me's. Most people do not seem to even be aware that they are alive, let alone capable of abstract thought and understanding or that we are living within something incredibly bizarre, improbable, worth protecting.

This is such a cool album. Free download of glitchy, squelchy, strange, noisy chill out stuff. http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/supersillyus-charade

I was on the bus a few weeks ago in the afternoon when everyone was getting home from work and most people look really drained and joyless. It was depressing. I guess that's what it's like out there, I just don't go to crowded places much.

LOL. You'll need it.

Does anyone know of any good legal sleep aids that work?

I struggle with sleep since they reduced my Oxazepam. Phenibut worked at first, but not any more. I can't use Seroquel. All I have that kind of works is Valerian, but that's unreliable.

Last night my friends and I were watching some Youtube videos we had forgotten about of our band, and a video came up that none of us remembered existed. It's a video of my the wedding ceremony of my 2 friends, that I officiated. It was so great seeing that, it was such a nice and sweet ceremony and I surprised myself with how well I spoke and how funny it was. Maybe I've got a future as a wedding minister. =D

"By the power invested in me by the almighty Internet, I now pronounce you..."

I thought you had found yourself a little girlfriend, Nix. Have you forgotten about me?

I assumed he was grounded :D

Enjoy the wedding B_D <3

<3 AND NO I HAVE NOT GOTTEN A GIRLFRIEND. Nor was I grounded...

I did meet a girl...

Lol fok u Ninae.

Any of you guys have any cool plans for Halloween? I'm going to try the 3C-E I got recently (amphetamine version of escaline, not much at all like 2C-E, more like a somewhat visual and euphoric stimulant) with my friend and we're going to play music all night. In other words, the best thing I could be doing, but not involving going out at all. :)

Well, your plan sounds way more fun than mine. I'm going to be passing out america's #1 drug (sugar) to children when they come begging for it at my door.I used to love to go downtown on Halloween--the costumes are fantastic and everyone is in high spirits. My costume is really easy and comfortable: old lady. I exaggerate the wrinkles with eyeliner and then wear a ratty bathrobe and slippers. Unfortunately what used to be a great community party has been turned into something that feels more like an elementary school parade under the watchful eyes of the police. They fence off the entire downtown, shine giant stadium lights on us and walk around looking gruff and menacing. The first year they did that I used the old lady costume to the hilt thinking I could draw them into a least enjoying themselves some way. I pretended to be a bitchy old lady demanding why they didn't get all these half naked young people rounded up and off the streets. Cops have zero sense of humor ime.8)

@BD--congratulations and have a wonderful day and night! Will there be a honeymoon?

Halloween is not a big deal in Australia. Its really only been the last 10 years or so that there has been some push towards celebrating Halloween (mainly capitalist nonsense selling fake cobwebs and vampire teeth, etc. blah) but this year I didn't even notice it. In my experience, I've had one child ever come to my front door for sweets and I gave them a banana. :\

Surprising, because Australia really tries to ape most of what the US does. :|

Halloween is really fun, as a kid or as an adult. In the US it is anyway. Yeah the consumerism aspect of it is huge, like every other major holiday, but as a kid it was so much fun immersing myself in the spooky Halloween shit. And as an adult it's one of the few nights of the year where everyone is trying to party, and Halloween partying is even better because people dress up and get extra crazy.

Of course this year I'm not dressing up, couldn't really be bothered to think of a costume and put work into it.