• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Cuddle Puddle vers. "Dude, can't handle it unplug this bastard"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone could easily read the things you have posted here and interpret that rolling once a week is PERFECTLY fine, because all you and your friends have done it for 20 years and not a single one of you has any problems.
personally, i've also had phases in which i rolled almost every weekend. i don't think it was fine. i think it could potentially have done damage to my brain (not that i notice it did but i can't rule it out). i don't think it was doing my "life" too much good. it made me enjoy mostly only the weekends, while monday through thursday were a bit of a pain.

but it wasn't a disaster, either. MDMA has a pretty good safety profile. you make it sound in your posts as if doing x more than once a month would be extremely dangerous for your mental and physical health. that's a gross exaggeration. yes, it's better to moderate use. but it's not that you'll kill yourself by rolling more often.

the same goes for your statements about dosage. you've posted that 250mg should be the max, and suggested over 300mg is very dangerous. for the record, i don't take more than 200mg per session anymore. and i don't think taking more is worth it. BUT: MDMA has a large therapeutic index. 300mg in a single session is unwise and i would discourage people from doing it. however, i don't think 300mg is a dose which will get the typical, experienced, male MDMA user into the ER.

it is good HR practice to point out that larger doses have the potential to do more harm, ldo.

but i really find it odd that some here--especially you, folley--come up with some artificial rules which aren't based on solid evidence. your suggestion that 250mg is the recommended and 300mg the absolute max seems completely arbitrary. it doesn't take into account tolerance, gender, body weight, or other factors known to play a role.

Last edited:
Completely agree and you can pretty much see it as fact from all the first page threads in ED:

*Share your "I over did it" Stories here
*Rolled 8 Times In 30 Days - any damage?
* So i think i over did it, help
*Comedowns?
*feeling terrible days after taking mdma

While there are going to be a few people who have just stumbled across Bluelight randomly after a bad experience on pills and have made a thread like the above, it's clear that a good few must have been lurkers before or around the time of dosing or members and have gained their knowledge from here. I lurked before I joined and got my information that way. Everyone seems to be afraid of overdoing or afraid that they already have. Too far or too much of a connection maybe but that's the sort've effect I feel members in this section of BL are causing and the reason I'm mentioning it is because you don't see it happening anywhere else on Bluelight, it's like our own Reefer Madness or government propaganda section to an extent. Round here you get told to fuck up if your being a grumpy cunt on a comedown or just go home.

Anyone else know of the whole thing surrounding the likes of 2C-E and nausea? Roughly, supposedly if you know about 2c-e making you sick you are much more prone to being sick upon dosing. I found this out myself, decided to tell some people and not tell others and the results where as I expected and what I'm on about. A lot of it is in your head.

Folly your a hilarious hypocrite and it would do everyone on Bluelight, guest or member if you did just be 'done' here, a great favour. So please do so.

My suggestion would be to try and get some members in here that are of a bit more experience to dedicate posting for a while. After a few months of people spreading a much less exaggerated bit of information you'll start to see everyone in the threads follow it and post the same. The reason you are constantly getting these ridiculous threads in this section, despite stickys etc is the members spreading poor, exaggerated information, it's just a loop. All the other sections of BL have these repeated questions, they just are nowhere near as ridiculous. While I said the above would be my last post just thought I may as well try clear up my point, hopefully that's enough.

Last edited:
Back when i first started taking pills, late 1993 time, there was no internet. People didnt have all this information/mis-information at their fingertips. It was a word of mouth thing. I, like all my friends at the time dropped a pill every week. Just one though, thats all that was needed.

I did this until 1997 when i lost interest in the whole scene. The music in the clubs changed, the pills got shit. Coke and ket started to take over and the happy vibes weren't there anymore. Basically I just got interested in other stuff.

After a 15 year break, i started using mdma again this summer. It was like hooking up with an old friend.

Never suffered any noticible side effects BITD except for weight loss. I must have weighed 9 stone wet through back then...

Completely agree and you can pretty much see it as fact from all the threads in ED:

*Share your "I over did it" Stories here
*Rolled 8 Times In 30 Days - any damage?
* So i think i over did it, help
*Comedowns?
*feeling terrible days after taking mdma

While there are going to be a few people who have just stumbled across Bluelight randomly after a bad experience on pills and have made a thread like the above, it's clear that a good few must have been lurkers before or around the time of dosing or members and have gained their knowledge from here. I lurked before I joined and got my information that way. Everyone seems to be afraid of overdoing or afraid that they already have. Too far or too much of a connection maybe but that's the sort've effect I feel members in this section of BL are causing and the reason I'm mentioning it is because you don't see it happening anywhere else on Bluelight, it's like our own Reefer Madness or government propaganda section to an extent. Round here you get told to fuck up if your being a grumpy cunt on a comedown or just go home.

Folly your a hilarious hypocrite and it would do everyone on Bluelight, guest or member if you did just be 'done' here, a great favour. So please do so.

And which members are you talking about specifically?

I don't think 300mg would send someone to the ER either, and I didn't say it would.... but I do think the max for a night should be 250mg, again from my own personal experience I've found that when I go over this amount I get very bad comedowns.

I try not to make it seem like MDMA is going to KILL you, but it CAN cause some very detrimental mental conditions that could simply be avoided if the user had spaced out his use longer. My whole stance is that if you can just wait a little bit longer to not worry about any negative effects, why risk it?

911, you are the only one who is actually intelligently debating with me, and I commend you for that.

Back when i first started taking pills, late 1993 time, there was no internet. People didnt have all this information/mis-information at their fingertips. It was a word of mouth thing. I, like all my friends at the time dropped a pill every week. Just one though, thats all that was needed.

I did this until 1997 when i lost interest in the whole scene. The music in the clubs changed, the pills got shit. Coke and ket started to take over and the happy vibes weren't there anymore. Basically I just got interested in other stuff.

Much better worded and clearer way to put across what I'm on about with the whole spreading of information and what happens.

Ill just chime in here.

Ive used E for nearly 2 years, and ive always had a nice source of crystal.

I started off by using it once a month (just a gut feeling, i get those)
Then i used it 3 times in april 2011. (3 raves on that month)

I noticed something on the 3rd time, that for one i needed more mdma, and also the effects werent as strong?
so i read up on how mdma works and i realised that it releases serotonin in mass quantities, depending on dose.

Ever since i waited a month and then eventually 2 months between (over 2 years of using it)

I recently took mdma twice in a month and i will just say the comedown was definitely worse the 2nd time of taking it.
It's just general advice we like to give people, I mean being severely depressed one day or 2 or maybe half the week could cost someone there job ya know? what's the point in that when it can actually be avoided....

Sam but even the tolerance is different. Everyone is saying how it depletes your serotonin so you won't feel it as much the next time. My first time I did it again the day after, and I rolled HARDER... OFF THE SAME DOSE. Even the third day I had an awesome roll. How is this even possible then if it's just about serotonin levels? No one ever gave me an explanation for this.

^ There really is no explanation for that... because no drug should be able to do that :\ not even weed...

But just because you can get high three days in a row doesn't mean no damage is being done my friend! The exact opposite in fact

but i really find it odd that some here--especially you, folley--come up with some artificial rules which aren't based on solid evidence. your suggestion that 250mg is the recommended and 300mg the absolute max seems completely arbitrary. it doesn't take into account tolerance, gender, body weight, or other factors known to play a role.

Well what do you want me to do? Come up with a personalized dosing plan for every person that comes through this forum? You want me to set up some equation so we can figure out the EXACT amount of time you should wait?

No.

We have generalized rules here, and they can apply to just about everyone. YMMV, but if you follow the rules I lay out you should NEVER have a problem with MDMA. They may SEEM arbitrary, but each one has an important purpose and is necessary to keeping a healthy 5-HT system

If you don't like my "rules"... don't follow them? The advice isn't for you lol

uaqy9.jpg

Last edited:
But just because you can get high three days in a row doesn't mean no damage is being done my friend! The exact opposite in fact

dezz, "the exact opposite" is a bit of an exaggeration...it's actually uncertain whether damage is being done. It's not best to do this though. I advise a 3 month break.

Well considering the MDMA induced serotonin release is directly related to 5-HT downregulation and axon degregation, as well as MDMA's EXTREMELY neurotoxic metabolite alpha-Methyldopamine and the dopamine free radicals entering serotonin axons and destroying them.... then yes, MDMA use is directly linked to "damage" which would be the exact opposite of no damage occuring

Well considering the MDMA induced serotonin release is directly related to 5-HT downregulation and axon degregation, as well as MDMA's EXTREMELY neurotoxic metabolite alpha-Methyldopamine and the dopamine free radicals entering serotonin axons and destroying them.... then yes, MDMA use is directly linked to "damage" which would be the exact opposite of no damage occuring

in that case, according to you, ANY SINGLE USE of mdma causes damage?

Dear SpecialK_,

While your stance on harm reduction is admirable, the route in which you are taking to censor a member of the community is impulsive and improper.

The coined term "Harm Reduction" is subjective and in some aspects, can be considered an art. The unfortunate downside to HR discussions is that there can never be enough precautions. Those seeking a higher level of information can attain knowledge as it is made available to the public. Questioning the credentials and sourcing of a post is, by all means, encouraged so long as it is done in a polite way and the questioner has made an attempt to seek the sourcing himself. (For example, the source is in the first 10 pages of google.)

Bluelight is not responsible for encouraging drug use. As a harm reduction forum, a balance is created between enjoyment and disappointment.

In pursuit of peace and intelligence,

Renz Envy

Last edited:
What are the symptoms of Ecstasy induced brain damage? Are they permanent?

Basically the biggest study on this was totally flawed in that they compared weekly ecstasy users mental capabilities against that of non-ecstasy users. These tests were carried out often and produced the following results:-

It was found that regular ecstasy users mental performance WAS INDEED lessened after taking ecstasy at the weekends compared to those who did not.

However after a period of abstinence (haha probably the now fabled 3 month period) the ecstasy users mental performance had returned to that of a non-user.

Now this might seem ok, however some clever boffin pointed out that the ecstasy users were typically clubbers who consumed alcohol, stayed up late and partied and therefore were sleep deprived and had had their sleeping pattererns broken. This would easily cause the reduction in mental performance.

But hey all you folk know this shit anyway..................

Last edited:
^ I've got plans to hit up Hard Bass 2013.. I won't be 18 yet by then but I still have got to find a way in there lmao. Such a fucking amazing line up for that shit

I'd say probably. But not enough damage to be noticeable, and eventually it would be repaired.

I agree. A single use of MDMA can cause noticeable loss of 5-HT dendrites... but this is often recovered and makes little impact in the grand scheme of things.

^ I've got plans to hit up Hard Bass 2013.. I won't be 18 yet by then but I still have got to find a way in there lmao. Such a fucking amazing line up for that shit

I agree. A single use of MDMA can cause noticeable loss of 5-HT dendrites... but this is often recovered and makes little impact in the grand scheme of things.

Be back in 10................just away to google "dendrites"

Status
Not open for further replies.