The calm and mature Lounge standards discussion thread ( not a "post pics" thread)

She's been removed for inactivity.

nuff said

1) What standard of decency do you expect from this forum?
None.

2) What subjects do you think are off limits to all ribbing/jokes?
None. While I thought the recent roasting threads hit a little to close to home for my personal comfort, I have this unique ability to ignore those things I don't want to look at. I think only me and blind people have it.

3) Are there too many bloody picture threads in this forum? (I think so- enough already! )
Sometimes I come to the Lounge to see pics. Sometimes I come for insight. While there's been a bit of a derth in the latter lately, it doesn't mean I want the pics to go away. I like futurepig's ass as much as the next guy.

4) What subjects do you think are actually ok to poke fun at that you might think not be acceptable to others?
There are environments like dinner parties and job interviews where topics should be acceptably limited. Lounge is not one of those environments.

5) Is this thread too serious for the lounge and are you only capable of posting pics of various types of women these days?
I like this thread. I think it's overdue. I've been posting in the Lounge longer than most people here, and it certainly doesn't offer the wit and wisdom it once did. That's not to say I never find it here, it's just not like it used to be. I think this stems from the fact that 5 years ago, the Lounge was frequented by a small contingency of BLers who knew each other personally, and because of that we were able to communicate on a more familiar level. As the popularity of this site and this forum grew, you get more and more new folks who are trying to make their mark with timely zings (usually failing) or questionable posts.

My solution? Fewer new posts. In 5 years I've opened maybe 5 threads in this forum. It's because I'm not particularly witty or insightful, so I leave that to others. If you want information or advice, post in SLR, etc. If you truly have an interesting topic or series of pictures, post here.

her modding OD most definetely speaks for the direction that forum of BL has been going ever since PDX left...

SardonicNihilist said:
I can only assume by LID y'all mean Lily is Dancing? How is it that someone whose BL persona was so short lived has manifested as it's own acronym, jealousy, alter ego, peanut butter sandwich?

LOL! Word. That chick didn't register a blip on BL. How is it that we've dedicated a page of this thread to her idiocy?

DarthMom said:
just mildly curious, did lilyisdancing ever post nudies??

bc kandy was massively hated and rejected by you "peeps" but after she did just that, nudes, she was wonderfully accepted.

just wondering.

THANK YOU! That always bugged me. When she was KandyK, everyone despised her and thought she was disgusting and vile. I disappear for a while, come back, and now she's Psychubus and everyone fucking adores her? What'd I miss?

You all realize she is still someone who posts pics that aren't her, right?

Kicksave said:
THANK YOU! That always bugged me. When she was KandyK, everyone despised her and thought she was disgusting and vile. I disappear for a while, come back, and now she's Psychubus and everyone fucking adores her? What'd I miss?

I think people in here generally exaggerate both adoration and disgust.

You all realize she is still someone who posts pics that aren't her, right?

I read this back in the KK days but it wasn't elaborated. Please fill us in.

kandy k posts pics that are not of her?

this is news to me - I've known her quite well for quite some time and I can almost safely say they are of herself.

^^I thought it had been determined back in her KK days that they were not her.

I sit corrected :)

don't believe the hype
from any side

especially mine :)

^unless it's coming from Brooklyn.
hype.jpg