• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Tripping & Anxiety Thread

^^

Generally mushrooms and acid don't "take" you anywhere unless you mix or take a substantial dose. Then again everyones different so you can only say so much while sustaining your opinion.

Every drug is different but some do work off of the same receptors (such as acid and mushrooms ) so you can get "similar feelings" while completely profound ones at the same time.

For me taking acid and mushrooms is like riding a bike, fall off and get back on, once you know how to ride your good for life.

Set and setting is also importaint, if you think that you can handle it and its "nothing" then it can turn on you and kick your ass.

While tripping just enjoy whatever you take instead of seeking to get higher, greed inevitably destroys us all.

Take care and I hope you enjoy popping your L-cherry!

^^

Generally mushrooms and acid don't "take" you anywhere unless you mix or take a substantial dose. Then again everyones different so you can only say so much while sustaining your opinion.

Every drug is different but some do work off of the same receptors (such as acid and mushrooms ) so you can get "similar feelings" while completely profound ones at the same time.

For me taking acid and mushrooms is like riding a bike, fall off and get back on, once you know how to ride your good for life.

Set and setting is also importaint, if you think that you can handle it and its "nothing" then it can turn on you and kick your ass.

While tripping just enjoy whatever you take instead of seeking to get higher, greed inevitably destroys us all.

Take care and I hope you enjoy popping your L-cherry!

Awesome, thanks for the reply. I like the bike metaphor... it kind of made me laugh but I thought about it and yeah it really is a lot like that... every trip I have had, bad or good has helped me better understand psychedelic drugs and I'm hoping that doing LSD for the first time will help take me one step closer to getting to that point where I'm "good for life" as you say and am no longer afraid of what may happen and can just enjoy the experience.

Anyways, I'm going to be alone so I'm trying to think of some things to entertain myself throughout the trip, getting a music playist ready and trying to decide what to watch, if anything.

Countdown 4 hours till lift off!! %)

Well, it was a crazy, crazy night. Honestly I should have taken 4 hits like my friend recommended because with 2 I tripped but I was still completely in control and didn't have any open eye or closed eye visuals which was disappointing. I went to this website www.larrycarlson.com and it was trippy as hell, that got my trip going pretty well. Unfortunately I got paranoid and wound up trying to get ahold of my friend down the street asking him if I could come over and he never answered so I rolled a joint and walked around the block tripping smoking a joint and came to my friends' house - the lights were on and I could hear people laughing inside so I got pissed at him and send him a bunch of text messages calling him a dick for ignoring me when earlier the same day he promised he would be there for me if I needed to come over when I was tripping. I would have never normally acted like that but unforunately it escalated and I wound up getting in a fist fight on acid with my now former friend/drug dealer. Surprisingly he sustained most of the damage even though I was fighting while tripping. He actually initiated the fight although I don't blame him. I'm actually a really peaceful guy and would normally just ignore something like this, I mean I have literally only been in a couple fights ever... I'm just not a violent or aggressive person but wow he really got to me and I'm still dealing with the consequences....

It's been a few day now, my friend/dealer and I still aren't talking. That may be a good thing though, he's not a good guy and treats his friends like crap. I'm still going to apologize for my part of it, and if he accepts it fine, if not then I guess that's his problem. Overall I can't say it was a bad TRIP... some bad things happened while I was tripping, but the experience was overall enjoyable.

What's funny is it was pouring down rain when I went outside to smoke a joint. I had a hoodie on and I was lucky as hell a cop didn't drive by because I would have stuck out soooo bad. To make it worse, when I got back to my house the lights were on and my grandmother who I live with was awake so I wound up wandering to a local park and slept on a bench soaked to the bone and shivering, my phone was dead and I had nowhere else to go after the fight with my friend...

Interesting night... to be honest I'm still trying to put all the pieces together, it seems like it was all a dream but I know it wasn't. I will definently be doing acid again, but I will certainly be more prepared next time. Oh, and I was proud of myself. As an opiate and benzo addict, I never had the urge to take any methadone or xanax while I was tripping... although that may be because of how interesting my night was, lol.

Thanks to all who gave me information and insight... it was certainly a night I won't be forgetting anytime soon.

Happy travels,

DeadheadChemistry

31qd3e_larrycarlson.jpg

wow sounds like you had a crazy night, sounds like you handled it pretty well, especially for a 1st time with lucy...

I also have anxiety dissorder and take diazepam and meprobamate daily (and methadone)... i've had a few bad trips on LSD... usually it starts out well, but i get tired of it and want it to stop for a bit, just to be sober for a few minutes, but once you're gone you're gone...

10 grams of shrooms is a HUGE amount to take especially for a first time.. and alone... that sounded bad...

Tripping with good friends or a girlfriend is the best... I also have cyamemazine (tercian) a neuroleptic which i keep on me when i take acid...

but if you want to try something hallucinogenic but easier on the brain try some 2C-C or 2C-D... theyre the lighter of the 2C's, apparantly very pleasant..... i find 2C-E the most euphoric drug i've taken....

but i wouldn't recommend you taking LSD at the moment, the simple fact that you're having second thoughts is a deal breaker

i wouldn't do it if i were you

edit... so you allready dropped i guess i was too late...

might be doing acid tommorow, only done low doses in the past thing im gonna do a high dose tommorow, would one beer before it kill the visuals? Or just ease me up a bit? dont wanna kill the trip at all but wouldnt mind a nice beer before lol.

might be doing acid tommorow, only done low doses in the past thing im gonna do a high dose tommorow, would one beer before it kill the visuals? Or just ease me up a bit? dont wanna kill the trip at all but wouldnt mind a nice beer before lol.

One beer won't kill the trip. Think about it, one beer lasts for about an hour and LSD lasts several hours, so even if it did kill the trip for the entire time you were effected by it (which it wont) youd still trip for hours afterward.

yeah was just thinking on the come up, meh ill be fine, love tripping, just bit edgy atm.

I also have anxiety dissorder and take diazepam and meprobamate daily (and methadone)... i've had a few bad trips on LSD... usually it starts out well, but i get tired of it and want it to stop for a bit, just to be sober for a few minutes, but once you're gone you're gone...

10 grams of shrooms is a HUGE amount to take especially for a first time.. and alone... that sounded bad...

Tripping with good friends or a girlfriend is the best... I also have cyamemazine (tercian) a neuroleptic which i keep on me when i take acid...

but if you want to try something hallucinogenic but easier on the brain try some 2C-C or 2C-D... theyre the lighter of the 2C's, apparantly very pleasant..... i find 2C-E the most euphoric drug i've taken....

but i wouldn't recommend you taking LSD at the moment, the simple fact that you're having second thoughts is a deal breaker

i wouldn't do it if i were you

edit... so you allready dropped i guess i was too late...

I hear a lot about these I guess you would call them designer drugs? Like the 2C's you were talking about. Are these drugs that require someone with chemistry knowledge to make like LSD? I would assume so, I've had a lot of trouble finding LSD so I figure finding something more obscure than that would be almost impossible but I am going to look into these drugs. You say 2C-E is the most euphoric drug you've ever taken, in what way? Do you trip and feel euphoric or is it like an opiate euphoria sort of thing?

Anybody who has done any of the 2C's would you recommend trying them?

when i trip i always do a high dose and always drink a shit ton of beers. def takes the edge off for me. and doesnt really effect the trip cause i eat so much damn acid!

I hear a lot about these I guess you would call them designer drugs? Like the 2C's you were talking about. Are these drugs that require someone with chemistry knowledge to make like LSD? I would assume so, I've had a lot of trouble finding LSD so I figure finding something more obscure than that would be almost impossible but I am going to look into these drugs. You say 2C-E is the most euphoric drug you've ever taken, in what way? Do you trip and feel euphoric or is it like an opiate euphoria sort of thing?

Anybody who has done any of the 2C's would you recommend trying them?

It's very different to opiate euphoria... 2C-E euphoria makes you want to talk with people, discover new places, do crazy things you wouldn't otherwise do... for me it just makes life seem so perfect and colorful and i feel in touch with my suroundings... maybe i'll get bored of it, but for the mo its my DOC...=D

theres plenty of info on 2Cx substances on BL....

Anxiety question.

I've been interested in psychs (LSD&Shrooms mostly) for a while now and me and a few friends want to try them. I'm a little worried though.. because everytime I smoke weed I get extremely anxious and never enjoy my high....and since psychedelics are more intense, do you think I would get anxious on them as well... or is it just weed? I never get anxious on any other drug.. MDMA, Alcohol, Opiates... I've only ever had bad experiences with cannabis.

THC causes anxiety in a lot of people, many of whom also enjoy psychedelics. I would recommend dosing low, and if possible having some benzos on hand just in case you get anxiety (which often manifests as nausea and muscle tension while on psychs).

I get alot of anxiety from marijuana but never on psychedelics. Only when I smoke weed on while tripping

mainly i get a a bit anxious if i am tripping hard (2+ doses) and there is something i have to do like cross a busy street or figure out what everyone else is doing and i get worried.. but, generally i have had more anxiety on weed than from psychedelics..

they are for sure two different feelings and experiences.. like already said - start with a low dose (1 tab or 1/16th of shrooms) and you likely be just fine.. :)

often times the psychedelic experience may catalyze life-changing thoughts or severe mood swings. the key is to just go with them; after all you bought the ticket, so just ride the ride. fighting your own mind will only lead to anxiety.

during a peak experience on the more visionary drugs, your trippy thoughts and closed-eye visuals can become overwhelming. do NOT plan to be in public or anywhere you might need to stand up or respond to things around you, because the world behind your eyelids is quite beautiful indeed :)

bad trips and anxiety are usually caused by poor planning. always remember set an setting. i'm sure you notice certain situations get you more anxious on weed-- if and when you decide to do a psych be sure you are in the company of trusted friends.

Well, its a known fact that weed will cause anxiety in some people; sometimes very very BAD anxety too. Thats been one of the driving forces behind the search for syn thetic cannabinoids, that don't cause this odd existential/physical anxiety.

Psychedelics can bring out anxiety and panic states, but they can also help them too. Once your on the drug, the concept of anxety can seem as alien as the concept of money; that alien-ness feeling can lead to anxiety as one may try and 'correct' the feeling, or it can lead to a massive sense of relief (really though, what THE FUCK is money?).

OP, try a short acting psychedelic, such as DMT (small dose) or 2C-C, or 2C-D; the latter are full psychedelics that will embrace one for about 3 hours or so, DMT will be gone by ten mnutes; but still rocking the kazbaaaah three lives from now.