• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Solo Trip Thread

Tripping alone can be valuable.... but personally i would trip a few times with others first.

If you are worried about your sitter/freinds thinking you are wierd then you have chosen the wrong sitter......... preferably the sitter should be someone who has tripped before and knows what it is like... or at very least someone with an open mind. You WILL do strange things while tripping.....but that is half the fun, and if you deny yourself those silly pleasures then you may not have as good a time as you could have.

TBH, I'm more worried about cutting myself etc. (not that I'm into that sort of thing). Although I do think of it, which may cause me to actually do it if I'm in a completely different psychological state.

^^ If you have any doubts about it then my advice is don't do it.

From personal experience don't trip alone your first time, I did this, Check for my trip report in trip reports :p and it was the hardest I've tripped and time was completely shattered. Just be careful and always have someone you can call and don't watch TV, you notice the fakeness in people.

3B, I'd recommend NOT tripping alone, especially in your current mind state.

Once when I tripped, while depressed, I was experienced derealization. ( read up on it here: http://www.panic-anxiety.com/depersonalization_derealization.htm ).

I'm fairly certain that my depression lead me into this state, which made that whole day pretty bad.

Bottom line, if you do some messed up things, will your sitter still view you in the same way or will s/he look at you differently. If you can't trust someone to be there for you 100% during and after the trip, then I'd suggest doing it alone.

But I also suggest not doing it alone, due to the current state you are in.

PS: Sorry to say no, as I know you're hoping we'll all say yes unanimously.

Man, you didn't eat 15g of dried shrooms; maybe if they were wet, but not dried. You'd be on another plateau of existence, it would be another world; no one can endure 15g and come out saying they weren't sure if they were tripping.

But as far as tripping alone, I have had some of the greatest trips of my life tripping alone. There is no one to keep you checked to reality, so you truly are in your own world. But at the same time, this can be a very scary event. If things get scary weird, no one is there to reassure you. But let this be your reassurance: I promise you, being a very intelligent person, that you will NOT cause any permanent damage to yourself by tripping alone. YOU WILL COME DOWN, and things WILL feel better the next day. So long as you are able to convince yourself of that truth, I think tripping alone can be the most spiritually enlightening way to trip.

Well, from my experiences...

I've never been unhappy alone while tripping. Always had fantastic times!

I've only had bad trips around other people...

I actually think it's a lot more hardcore to trip around other people. I tend to take tripping as a very awesome, spiritual-type thing...just this awesome feeling...I don't think most people see it the same way I do, so things tend to get weird.

Oh man, don't ever trip with stoners!!!! Oh man...
"loooook at all the viiiisuals"
(dude, shut up, please...)

;) :p

I dunno, I'd say definitely go for tripping alone if you want to.
Just have someone you can reach (even online or something) in case you're feeling down. My sister rescued me from a bad trip I was having one time. :)

If you've got no one, send me a PM. I'll keep you company for at least a short time if you're having problems. I know what it's like to be having a really bad trip...

:) cheers, good luck, get some LSD!!!
or
get some LSA (morning glory seeds)
and then smoke some pot with it

very similar effects, from what I can remember...
I never did morning glories again after this whole lifechanging mindfuck (or eye-opener? not sure...i guess both) I had with them...
Did LSD after a lot, tho...

Maybe sometime....will return...they just taste real nasty...
anyhow, peace

When it comes to an issue like tripping alone, you need to know yourself well enough to decide how to act. Many people, (including myself) are able to trip by themselves without any ill effects. Others, are unable to deal with tripping without having a sitter there to guide them. Based on this thread, it seems that you're most likely not the former type, and that's ok. If you can't find anyone in the real world to trip-sit you, I'd be more than happy to help you via aim. check my profile for my handle

Bad idea! You dont want to lose all rationality (like alot of bad trips do)and end up making a legitimate fool of urself checking into a hospital just because you 'thought' your heart has stopped.

One case goes, I was bad trippin about a 3+ (in a bad trip scale) on 5meodipt and just the mere calling a friend on the phone and just saying it outloud that I was bad tripping brought inmense ease to my situation, so in summary, I think having a sitter is alot like having some kind of insurance or an extended margin for error.

huntmich said:
Man, you didn't eat 15g of dried shrooms; maybe if they were wet, but not dried. You'd be on another plateau of existence, it would be another world; no one can endure 15g and come out saying they weren't sure if they were tripping.

But as far as tripping alone, I have had some of the greatest trips of my life tripping alone. There is no one to keep you checked to reality, so you truly are in your own world. But at the same time, this can be a very scary event. If things get scary weird, no one is there to reassure you. But let this be your reassurance: I promise you, being a very intelligent person, that you will NOT cause any permanent damage to yourself by tripping alone. YOU WILL COME DOWN, and things WILL feel better the next day. So long as you are able to convince yourself of that truth, I think tripping alone can be the most spiritually enlightening way to trip.

They were wet. I am on effexor and assume this increases my requirement. Would everyone here agree (I don't want to end up taking too much when I do get shrooms)?

I have had a few friends trip for the first time around me, and a couple of them were very nervous about handling the experience. One of them ended up terrified, but still had an awesome experience, and a couple of them ended up loving psychedelics, wondering why they were so nervous. Personally, after my first LSD trip, I have been at peace of mind with psychedelics. I learned to not place my comfort in other people, and I learned to not try to control the experience. Yes, you can handle it, but you have to let go of control sometimes. Fear is a natural reaction to any drug that alters your perception in the way psychedelics do. Just because you may be fearful doesn't mean you are having a bad experience. You just need to understand the root of your fear, and you will be fine.

It was really bad. I kept doing really embarassing crazy stuff in the hospital, until they restrained me. There must be something really different about my brain chemistry for something as bizarre as that to happen.

I know of at least two people who consistently have extremely negative reactions to Cannabis.

One of those people, I know personally. I provided him with his first Mushroom experience which he enjoyed immensely. The dose was low, and I advise Bad_Boy_Blue to also dose very low to begin with.

The other person I know of has synthesized and sampled potentially hundreds of psychedelic chemicals. ... :)

BBB, I would not trip entirely alone (eg. in the middle of a forest). Do not take too strong a dose either. I would say maybe an 1/8 lb or less. If you do not know anyone who trips it is hard to say have SOMEONE around. Maybe downstairs watching TV or something. Just someone you can go talk to if you need to. The first few trips are always the most 'powerful' due to the newness. It feels good to have someone you can go to and say "This feels good", or who can chill you out if you start feeling bad.

God, you guys make me feel bad about talking too much when I trip. To each his own I guess.

I like tripping alone and mostly I can't otherwise. That because thees day's life is fast and everybody has something to do.

I like it, because then I don't need to worry for other and can concentrate fully to myself. Theres much less sensory information that brain needs to interpret and can flow more easily. I'm also this kind of person who likes to go and explore mind. What your mind can do and travel inner world. Mind is bigger place than universe so it's great to "wonder around there".

Time to time we plan with friends some trip and then trip hard and take as much out of it as possible.

Anyhow...that just me8)

I prefer to trip alone or in very small company, so I can explore the headspace of the drug and not be bothered by pointless junk.

Oh, and w00t! 1000th post.

I had one of my best trips along with one of the worst trips whilst tripping alone. For me when I trip alone I tend to delve into into a deep train of thought on the world and myself. It's more spiritual if you will. Although, I think of this stuff when I trip with company it's not as in dept. So, overall, to me when I trip alone it tends to be far more spiritual.

When I trip in company, there is almost invariably a moment when I wish I could be alone and truly let go physically and mentally. When I want to continue investigating something but can't do so because of the setting.

When I trip alone, sometimes I wish someone was there . . . but on the whole I guess it's more of a solitary thing to do for me.

When in company I do it more for the fun / recreational / hedonistic aspect of it. This is also where I'm much more likely to mix the psychedelic with other things to enhance euphoria or reduce anxiety.

The only drug that I have done that I could do alone is K. I feel that other drugs just either make the trip really boring without other people or I have a bad trip on it. But its safe to say that you shouldn't do them without at least a sitter.

When you have doubts about something, its generally speaking ok to assume its not nerves but a real worry. In that state of mind you def. should not trip alone.