• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Solo Trip Thread

Tripping on your own can be one of the most invaluable things you can do on acid. Don't do it often, but be sure to do it at least once.

however be sure to do it in a safe environment, and let someone know what you're doing beforehand.

if your comfortable with your pyschedelics i think tripping alone is an awesome experience to do a few times. i enjoy being able to do whatever i want and act however i want without having to worry about what the other ppl tripping will think.
------------------
2ct, i heardly knew ya :/

tripping alone is great, try going to a big ass show/party/club tripping on a ten-strip, hmmmm interesting...

try this trick: mix some cid & datura, then go chill by yerself in an abandoned prison or mental asylum. i also heard staring at the sun is good.
wink.gif

disciple
------------------
"Feel how the Greater Being comes!
Rejoice and, in rejoicings, die!
Melt in the music of the drums!
For I am you and you are I."
-Aldous Huxley, Brave New World
"for you see, it's love that makes your crack house into a crack home!"
-PhreeX
"MDMA desciple - you're My Hero!!!"
-twiddlebug
AIM: Aluvitar
http://www.thedjunion.com

It's pretty cool to be introspective and have some real thoughts 'bout all kinds of things by tripping alone. Though definetlyhave someone who knows what you're doing, maybe have them call once every couple hours or something though you might forget where the phone is.
MDMA desciple- yes your answer was funny-a little tiny bit but I'd like to ask you to be a little more careful about your comments, young kids can come here easily impressionable and read something like you posted and go try it. And you might never know what happened to that kid but it'll be partly your fault. Let's please act resposibly and remember this is a harm reduction message board.
------------------
*does exotic belly dance*
"You have that vacant look in your eye that says hold my head to your ear and you can hear the sea."

this isnt a harm reduction board. yer thinking of dancesafe
wink.gif
last i check this was an "ecstasy discussion" board. i mean, dont get me wrong.... i'm all about harm reduction. but, anyone dumb enough to take my [obviously] ridiculous suggestion seriousy probably can't find datura.... or read. thank you drive thru.
wink.gif

disciple

I`ve tripped alone a few times, although I haven`t done acid in about 2 and a half years.
The best time I did it alone was back in I think 94 or 95, I had a purple heart acid. tiny little tablet it was, in the shape of a heart and combined that with half a gram of speed.
This was so marvellous and beautiful, I loved everyone and everything and wrote lots of poetry whilst I was up and away.
This was better than any E I`ve ever had, and I`ve had about 400 plus.
------------------
Life is like a dream

Tripping alone?

I'm not sure whether this is more suitable for drug basics or not...

How dangerous is tripping alone? The reason I ask is that I am quite afraid of making a fool of myself in front of any 'trip sitters'. This in itself might induce a bad trip. On the other hand, the first time I used cannabis I had a severe psychotic rage that simply could not control. I ended up in hospital having to be constrained - I wasn't even that high. It's just that my mind couldn't handle the altered perception. So god knows what would happen on shrooms. I really don't want to have to face doing something illegal under the influence. I have decided to trip alone for the first time in the depth of a forest, alone at dawn (I think this could be quite a spiritual experience).

The main reason for this thread is really to ask if it's a great safety risk for someone to trip alone, in terms of whether they'll do harm to themselves (keeping in mind that I am quite a fucked up, susceptible person)?

You shouldn't make multiple posts.

This is the reply I gave at Trip Reports. This is a more appropriate forum for this question, though it still may belong in Drug Basics.

However, Cannabis is known to produce anxiety and panic attacks in some people. It's not uncommon. ..And you are right in saying that you may not necessarily react that way with mushrooms, though you still should be cautious. It's not the best of ideas to trip by yourself for the first time, though if you decide to, you should at least have someone to either check in with you somehow, or be available in case you needed medical or psychological attention.

If you have any doubts about your ability to handle a psychedelic, the best advice i can give you is to take a small dose.

I think tripping alone can be fun, but tripping alone for the first time you ever trip is perhaps less of a good idea. You would be better off with a close friend who you trust and who isn't going to make fun of you if you act a little crazy.

Sorry everyone - I thought the first post was in this forum, and so when I checked to see if there were any replies, I thought I hadn't posted it for some odd reason.

Sorry again - it honestly wasn't intended!

x2stpsfrmnowhere said:
If you have a good handle on your mind then you'll be fine.

Well, TBH, I have a hard time understanding what you a good 'handle' on my mind actually is. But if it is what I think it is, I'm fucked.

Don't TRY to handle these things. The trick is not handling them. Always remember that whatever you take, it eventually will end and that, although you may be experiencing very wierd, new, totally abnormal things, nothing physically harmful is happening. "It's in your head." DON'T fight the experience or try to wake up from it; just go with it. Consider the experience new. It is only bad or scary if you let yourself make it mean that.

When the devil comes knocking, invite him in for coffee. There's nothing to do but be ok with what's going on.

Besides that general advice, tripping alone depends on experience, self-confidence, security with who you are, and the type of substance you have. If you are new to a substance, have someone around that you have known for a long time and trust completely. Have that person be your sitter.

^^ What do you mean? Why don't you think you have a good handle on your mind? Just because of your bad experience w/cannabis? Psychedelics are very different -- although most people would say if you can't handle MJ, you have no business tripping on "true" psychedelics. But who knows.

I tripped alone my first time. I had no one I felt comfortable asking to be a trip sitter, and so I started with very low doses so that I became gradually used to the effects of a psychedelic. By the time I worked up to my first +++ experience, I knew what to expect and could take care of myself. It was great.

Since then there have been times I tripped alone and done stupid things, but I've never hurt myself or done anything I regretted for very long. In the early days I (almost) always stayed at home where I knew I was safe and would not be hit by a bus or get in a fight or something. With experience I feel more comfortable venturing out while tripping.

The one real downside to tripping alone when you're inexperienced is that it is very hard to recover from a bad trip by yourself. Once a trip starts to go bad, if you're alone, it is very likely to stay bad, or get worse. :( Experience helps this a lot, but my first few bad trips by myself were really miserable.

Of course I am not saying anyone else will have success tripping alone, but it is certainly possible.

Sometimes I cannot handle tripping with some people because they talk too fucking much. I've tripped alone probably 6 or 8 times and everything turned out fine. My first trip was alone and I was watched Final Destination on shrooms.

If you have a lot of self control then you should be able to get through it. Watch tv, go on your computer and play some games, chat, all that shit. If you have never taken large doses alone then i suggest you start out with small doses. You might start to go nuts, so do something, tv, computer, xbox, ps2, anything just to get your mind off things, but do not go outside if you think you might do something stupid.

Well I did try 15g of shrooms once, only to feel 'weird'. There were no visuals, but there was some paranoia. It wasn't as horrible as a cannabis trip though, so maybe there is hope. Building up from small doses on my own seems like the best bet, although I'm almost certain that I'll end up using DXM, due to availability (how degrading :().