• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Seizures & Blackouts on Psychedelics Thread

he probably was in his own little world for a bit....

a friend of mine was telling a story about a guy who knew who had dropped some acid while with him... his friend had been laying quietly on the sofa for a while with his eyes closed until he suddenly sat up and blurted out "i know what its like to be a crackhead" he had a sort of out of body experience where he was in the body and mind of a crackhead....

For my first trip (first intoxication ever actually) I took an eighth, and for probably just a few minutes (though it felt like an hour) I collapsed and burried my face burried in my lap with my eyes closed and I couldn't escape the head trip. Sounds like that could be what happened to your friend.

I've passed out on mushrooms before, during my first few trips.
But i think the reason being is that i took them at 5 PM and had not eaten anything the entire day..
It felt like an extreme feeling of tiredness that overwhelmed my body.

Hes taken 7 grams before and was fine, but eight was the limit.
The intentions were to eat ten but after his eyes rolled back into his head and he fell on the ground we decided eating more was not a good idea.

I was wondering if some combination of the foods he was eating and drinking gave him passing out as a side effect (apples and sierra mist). I didnt know if your seratonin could be effected by shrooms and I considered his passing out to be similar to seratonin syndrome...I know LSD/MDMA effects this disorder...

In any case...another mystery unsolved. Too many shrooms is the best answer I suppose! :\

i have blacked out twice on mushrooms and once from 2C-T-7.. the one from mushrooms it was getting so intense i just remember floating in the air feeling fine.. like i was in a dream , and all i feel is someone grabbing me and pulling me, i open my eyes and my friend is looking at me like he just seen a ghost. i was cold and hit my head, but i was fine :)

I pass out every single time a take shrooms that are not cuby's, there is a different variety that floats around here and when I very first start coming up my head get real light and I fall over. I am always 100% fine after it happens. Just part of the trip to me now, ie i don't venture out until i have already passed out. Anyway unless he has other health problems associated with this there is no need to worry IMO.

I've completely passed out on mushrooms probably 5-6 times. It's the exact same feeling as if I passed out from heat or something...everything gets fuzzy, I feel lightheaded and next thing I know everyone is standing around saying WTF?!?!. Always on higher doses (3g+), it's happened to my sister several times as well. Each time I've been out cold for about a minute, then come to and have no idea what happened...way scary shit.

Never happened on any other hallucinogen, including probably 10 other tryptamines. Something about psilocin and me just don't mix well.

Psilocin is a mild MAOI so it self potentiates at higher doses. I've been balls-out on 10g of better than average fungus, and I didn't pass out, but tripped hard for 14 hours. The very end of the trip was especially dark and disturbing, tho. 8g is a LOT of mushrooms, even if its just mediocre fungus. I've found that if the stuff's going to work, 4g is the max I'll ever need.

Side note: My buddy that was an experienced psychonaut said that it felt like almost like 4-500ug dose of LSD, sans the LSD 'brightness.'

Last edited:
I recently fainted an showed some seizure like activity on just over 2 grams of good fungus. Very disorienting and distubring. The whole trip was intense but good, then it started to get really heavy and i felt right on the brink of psychedelic overload and freak out... then i was out, i fell down, and supposedly showed some seizure like activity. however, i wasnt that disoriented when i woke up and remember the actual fallnig out in a way, surrounded by insane psychedelia. so i dunno, dont think it was like an eleptic seizure, just kinda a freak out. really scared me and my friend tho and pretty much harshed our mellow for the rest of the night.

The other weekend a 2 friends and myself ate 25+ fresh huge caps, by blending them up and drinking them, tastes like shit but it works the best I feel. We all threw up from sickness but felt like heaven right after, and my friend just rolled his eyes back and started to choke on his own vomit, and started ripping chunks out of the ground, and to top it off took his pants off. With a head full of shrooms, and an unconscious friend on the floor, I literally thought he was dieing. horrible experience, worst ever actually.

I had an absolutely CRAZY experience happen to me as I passed out while on shrooms. I should post what happened, I also had a weird seizure-like response while I was out cold and my roommate was over me.

^If you remember what happened during the time you blacked out, please post. I thought that mine was an idiosyncratic experience but it seems that shrooms are prone to causing this in some people.

I wonder what caused this response in us and what we have in common that predisposes us to such effects. I am the only person in my circle of friends that has had this happen. They freaked out a bit, too.

Reasons I suspect may have contributed my case:
- I was in a down mood and I may have been subconsciously rejecting the trip, causing some kind of neurotic tension buildup
(I felt bad and somehow congested mentally and physically up to fainting, which was a cathartic experience after which I felt relieved, somewhat like 'purging')
- I was physically weakened by having skipped a meal
- I am a bit hipotensive
Do y'all relate to any of this? Especially the bad trip part?

Mind you, this only happened to me on shrooms + weed. I haven't had any similar problems on any other psychedelic.

This actually happened to a buddy of mine, We both ate a quarter of the most potent much i have ever had. I was fine until about 2 hours in then my tounge got a very funny taste on it and it felt like it was swelling. then i look over at my buddy and i thought he was sleeping, i walked over to him and he was catatonic, he couldent move or talk for a good hour, then this sent me into a panic that it was gonna happen to me but it dident thank god. But after the trip came down we just laughed about it.

^If you remember what happened during the time you blacked out, please post. I thought that mine was an idiosyncratic experience but it seems that shrooms are prone to causing this in some people.

I wonder what caused this response in us and what we have in common that predisposes us to such effects. I am the only person in my circle of friends that has had this happen. They freaked out a bit, too.

Reasons I suspect may have contributed my case:
- I was in a down mood and I may have been subconsciously rejecting the trip, causing some kind of neurotic tension buildup
(I felt bad and somehow congested mentally and physically up to fainting, which was a cathartic experience after which I felt relieved, somewhat like 'purging')
- I was physically weakened by having skipped a meal
- I am a bit hipotensive
Do y'all relate to any of this? Especially the bad trip part?

Mind you, this only happened to me on shrooms + weed. I haven't had any similar problems on any other psychedelic.

I will post soon. I literally can only believe that DMT was naturally released into my brain at the time, due to the sheer transdimensional outer-body aspect of it.

Ok, a buddy of mine ate 4 grams of good cubes... was tripping hard, we were standing on the porch and thump, he fell face first into the flower bed... Eyes closed, having what he said was a nightmare... I hit him and he woke up saying what happened... and thats that... WOW scared me...

So...after thinking for a while, I realized two things, A: Everytime I have passed out on shrooms, I didn't have enough sleep the night before. B: It only happens like the seconds I start really seeing visuals, It is like I go up and up and up until my body just has so much input that it shuts itself down for a few seconds.

So maybe lack of sleep, or possibly lack of some nutrient in my body cause my body to handle shrooms in a different way. I mean to be honest are body's are trying to make ourselves go back to normal correct?

I've only had something similar happen twice, once with 3g's mushrooms and once with 6 blotters, and in that order. The mushroom experience was unlinke anything I had gone through previously, and remains the most profound of my life. I cant quite express the majority of what went down for me, nor recall much of it, but it was a mix of anxiety setting in (while I was in very high spirits, feeling the love, and plenty healthy), a wave of seizures, several trance states, time loops (determinism?...), a waking dream state (which apparently, never actually happened), and a physical pain beyond anything which the word pain might apply to.
The pain and the seizure permeated the peak, unfortunatley I have no way to say for sure how long that part was. As it came on, I remember being suddenly forced into an asana (yogic posture) and my hands were brought together, as my vision went molecular, down to atomic, to energy, etc and I collapsed backwards to the floor totally in blackness thinking "sensory overload". But I never actually passed out, I just went in and out of trances with the seizures. When the seizure would let go, I could open my eyes and see, then the physical pain would set in. I guess the only way I can describe the physical pain is that it felt like my central nervous system was being burst with electric fire, every nerve in my body was in an unbearable agony, and it was the only time I've been weakened to the point of wishing for death. I dont think I cried, not sure I even could have, but as the pain would taper off, the trance would take me to visions that were very dreamy, very different from the expected psychedelic mind imagery. This was somewhere that felt very real, in fact it still does.

The LSD experience I have only myself to blame; I bought a 10 strip and made the assumption that I had either been ripped off entirely or given a low dose, so I went ahead and ate 6 in the hopes that "maybe I'd feel a little weird." Five minutes after eating them, my perception of the world exploded into the geometric stage, I was given no time to play with the come up, Tom & Jerry conducted a seance in my living room, and I snapped out of it 6 hours later. There was a cascading pain throughout (everywhere, mental and physical) and upon regaining a nearly solid state of focus I was blessed with a very high state of euphoria though completley primal. Think of playing Final Fantasy VII at the Battle Square and having your level reduced with every handicap, it felt sort of like that lol.

The visions, sensual blending, emotions, communion with God or myself or whatever it is, and so on remain out of my league to expound upon or even describe at all. That state is rarely touched it seems, or at least I've yet to personally come across more than a handful who have been. It wasnt like dying, or ego dying, it wasnt spiritual or intellectual, or philosophical. It was an experience that continues to test my sanity, and while I haven't touched any psychedelic in almost a year now, my awareness continues to unfold, however I am not so proud as to omit the fact that I was not ready for either experiences and my personality flaws need to be controlled before I can go any deeper into it.
LSD I can handle and learn from, but mushrooms finally caught up with me. I feel like I've run into a wall made out of myself and shattered into so many fragments of being that the means with which I can progress are no longer to be determined by looking inside. Sometimes, we all need a helping hand.
:)

^You are actually very articulate. You really should try to put it into words, so far you are doing a good job. Relating to others something as removed from normal reality as psychedelic experiences is something few manage to do.

My experience, as far as I can make sense of it, was most probably a common day-to-day faint through which I was kept conscious by the psychedelic and brought back memories from it. It was more like death than a psychedelic experience. Also, it was preceded by a feeling of 'deathly nausea', a nausea coming not from the stomach but seemingly from the bottom of my being, a sort of nausea of reality, but brutally physical rather than just mental. Even though unique in intensity, it was in some ways similar to the nausea and fainting I've sometimes experienced after excessive physical exertion while weakened.

Nevertheless, I've also had experiences that made me question my sanity, but by showing me in flesh and blood metaphysical ideas that previously I had contemplated only as abstractions, from a distance. In what way did your experience make you question your sanity? By showing you a fundamentally different reality and making you believe it was real, or by showing you something that ties in with normal reality but changes your perspective on it?

In what way did your experience make you question your sanity? By showing you a fundamentally different reality and making you believe it was real, or by showing you something that ties in with normal reality but changes your perspective on it?

Thank you for your interest!
What tested my grip on reality the most, was the time loop part of it. The dying, the pain, the communion etc was very intense but only furthered my opinion that I dont and can not know excatly what is happening. All of that wasn't my moment of waking up, thankfully I was let into higher states gradually over the years and the full blown reality shatterings I've gone through have allowed me to live both with the deeper perception while retaining my day to day watered down perception without much friction.
But the time loop was so bizarre and so real, that I am stuck between opinions. One, is that we have free will, we have a future that is not set in stone. The other, is that this universe is in essence a yo-yo bouncing up and down, but is conditioned to such an extent that it is just a program unfolding without any possibility of deviation save for our 'misunderstanding', if you will.
And while that may not be such a daunting journey for many, for me it both moves me to tears and brings out cosmic belly laughter. To live in a society that rejects visions as authentic, being a person who has his mental state act like the cycle of water evaporation with our without psychedelics, is a struggle for so many reasons but I think mainly the problem is that the moment I feel I've attained a kind of bliss in accepting that I can have two opposing opinions, the visions and the feeling of expanding begin and leave next to doubt for both perceptions. Im lucky that I've grown to the point of living an almost constant moving meditation (fathering two children tends to break cycles ;) lol) but to reject the mind and accept a soul or reject a soul and accept the mind are not healthy luxuries from which I may choose. The time loops had such an impression on me, that I feel the nausea of being as you mention often when the memory comes and projects two different paradoxical occurences. And the Middle Way in my opinion, only serves to block out that potential that there is no Middle Way, which I assume one must be a Buddha to put the money where they mouth is.

This is a classic dissociative bad trip. Salvia brings it about most often, and from among the psychedelics it seems that mushrooms are most prone to causing it (they always seemed the most dissociative of psychedelics to me). Myself, I've caught glimpses of it on shrooms and 5-MeO-DMT, even though my personal version of bad trip is a bit different.

People equate what you have experienced with concepts such as block-universe determinism (or their religious counterparts). Myself, I suspect the reason for this kind of trip is that as the psychedelic stimulates your mind, all your thoughts hit the 'ceiling' and become equal in intensity. In normal conditions, there is a hierarchy of reality; the present moment and the external world are the strongest (the most 'real') stimuli and the information from your memory and imagination is the weaker background (that is perceived as less real). When you take high doses of psychedelics, all your thoughts are pushed to the upper limits of intensity and your memory and imagination of the future become as 'real' as the present moment, causing you to see past, present and future simultaneously and equally solid and leading you to believe that the future is as set as the past and present. (I call this the God mind or 4D spacetime perception) This is an illusion, as the future you are seeing is your imagined future, you're not becoming precognitive.

Dissociatives also equalize reality and memory + imagination but at the bottom level rather than at the top.

I've also had similar problems integrating a 5-MeO-DMT trip, with the nausea when I thought about it and everything. The good news is that you can take the blue pill. If you do not take psychedelics again it will fade away from your memory and you will return to traditional reality. Plunging head first into reality and having fun, socializing and drinking alcohol also helps.

But the real benefit is if you can integrate this into your normal frame of reference. This psychedelic revelation seems at first fundamentally different from your previous perspective. But if you manage to integrate them, to find a larger frame of reference into which both fit, you can combine the benefits of both and use the psychedelic revelation to enhance your life. Even though they seem contradictory at first you can have your cake and eat it too.

You should stop seeing them as mutually incompatible realities, let them both into your mind and look for ways in which you can translate them into each other and melt them together. And you may find in the end that they are different perspectives on the same thing.

Also, it might be helpful if you also consider the problem rationally, from a philosophical pov. If you find a rational solution you can use it to facilitate your intuitive and emotional understanding. The rational mind is more controllable and you can use it as leverage on your 'soul'. In my opinion, the definition of free will has little to do with whether the universe is deterministic or not.

I think ultimately the dissociative experience can be very valuable when applied correctly. By showing you the ephemerity of life it may push you to really make the most out of your life and rise above the bullshit with which many people waste it.