• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Scale / Balance Thread - Part 2.000±

FUCK save on scales

scale came w/ corroded batteries n crust all in the terminal. new batteries i put in worked for literally 45 seconds of on-time. now scale says lobat no matter what.

I've had three scales so far.

The first was a Jennings something or other, I forget exactly, it was 10g x 0.001g supposedly. In my experience, I found that it was actually quite accurate, but that it was not very precise. I had to weigh each sample three or four times to figure out what it actually weighed.

Then, I got a MyWeigh Gempro 50, the 10g x 0.002 one. I found it to actually be both very accurate and precise, and I loved it to death. However, I accidentally left it with a friend who moved to Seattle, and they subsequently lost it.

Being so satisfied with my previous MyWeigh, I purchased a Gempro 250, 50g x 0.001g. I love it! It is very accurate and precise, and it comes with many useful things. In addition to the scale, the package included an instruction manual, a 20g calibration weight, an AC adapter, a tray with well-placed handles and a convenient spout for pouring powders and crystals directly into gel caps, and a case that contains all of the previous items for easy transportation. I can't speak highly enough of it. I've never used an Acculab, but I can't imagine it getting much better than this.

dunwich said:
FUCK save on scales

scale came w/ corroded batteries n crust all in the terminal. new batteries i put in worked for literally 45 seconds of on-time. now scale says lobat no matter what.

I'm not totally thrilled about saveonscales either, the front face on my scale was peeling off when I opened the box, making the on/off and tare buttons hard to push, for almost $100 I expected a little more than that... Customs searched the box, it seemed like it was damaged at some point than taped up, still works but the flimsy plastic construction seems to say "not for long" I'm hoping it will at least be as accurate as it says it is.

Review: AWS Gemini-20

American Weigh Gemini-20 Portable Milligram Scale 20x0.001g
http://www.americanweigh.com/product_info.php?cPath=99&products_id=580

I needed another scale and didn’t want to drop a couple hundred so I gambled and bought the Gemini-20 for $29 off EBay. It came in a cardboard-like box that has places for the scale, tweezers, measuring cup, and calibration weight all cut out of foam in it. There is also a leather-like pouch to put the actual scale in.

It’s cheaply made, especially the accessories, but I wasn’t expecting much for $29. To my surprise I calibrate it up, go head to head with my Tanita 1210, and the thing is spot on over 8-10 measurements of a couple different objects. I did notice that the Gemini would fluctuate +/- a few mg’s if I passed my hand over it (not actually touching anything, just moving the air) where the Tanita was rock steady.

So a couple weeks pass and I go to actually use my new scale but the thing won’t calibrate. It starts to, but shuts off. Even though the directions say you do not need to calibrate every time I noticed it was +/- 5-7mg from my Tanita now. I contacted the EBay seller was informed it has a lifetime warranty and I could return it to them or right to AWS.

AWS confirmed the lifetime warranty as long as I could produce a receipt. (PayPal payment was sufficient) About a week after I sent it out a rep from AWS emails me, they couldn’t find anything wrong with the calibration function. It seems after the screen changes to what I would consider “off” (the LED is backlit when its “on”) it actually goes into calibration mode if you keep holding down the button. I didn’t recall that happening when I first calibrated it, but then again what I didn’t really expect them to fix/replace a $29 scale.

As I read on the rep, while testing out the calibration function, noticed there was a fluctuation in the readings so he replaced the scale. I had it back in my hands within three days and I have used it once so far without issue.

IMO, this shouldn’t be used for anything if +/- 5mg-10mg could cause a serious problem (mine fluctuated +/- 5-7mg broken), but it’s impressive for the price. What blows my mind is the level of professional quality service I got for such an inexpensive item.

TAPPER said:
American Weigh Gemini-20 Portable Milligram Scale 20x0.001g
QUOTE]

I bought one of these on eBay and it arrived DOA. I returned it to AWS and they 'forgot' to send me a replacment until I called and emailed several times (yelling louder each time). Finally my replacement scale came but it wouldn't display full numbers on the display (only half of the display was working). I sent that one back too and received a THRID DOA UNIT!!

I was searching on the net for info about this scale and came across your post. Is yours still working? I've already spent about $40 sending this scale back in postage and I am still without a working scale (sent back the third unit again and this time I told them to keep it and filed a credit card dispute on the seller).

I do need true 2mg accuracy so which one should I get?

After owning 3 cheap scales over the years I decided to buy the Acculab VIC-123 and haven't looked back since.

Purchased a little fold flat wall mounted table from Ikea and there it sits perfectly level, undisturbed and always plugged in and ready to go.

Mine came with a 100 gram calibration weight not a 1 gram. Anyone point me in the right direction of good quality calibration weights?

General Patton said:
I'm not totally thrilled about saveonscales either, the front face on my scale was peeling off when I opened the box, making the on/off and tare buttons hard to push, for almost $100 I expected a little more than that... Customs searched the box, it seemed like it was damaged at some point than taped up, still works but the flimsy plastic construction seems to say "not for long" I'm hoping it will at least be as accurate as it says it is.

The face of the scale snapped back on fine and it works quite well, is quite stable too... I'm impressed. It doesn't look the part, but it is indeed a fine scale, though the ~25mg error when weighing the 5 and 10 gram calibration weights doesn't increase my confidence.

We just bought a Gempro 250, for under 200 bux. GREAT scale, precise as hell, never moves more than a single mg in any direction, no matter how many times you take something on and off, I love it :)

kong said:
25/5000=.5%

I wouldn't be too worried:)

Yeah, that's what I figured. I was actually impressed it came anywhere near that! Ahah... In terms of a milligram-level dose it seems quite stable, and can't beat the price and warranty. Recommended++

i was struck with a sudden fear about the quality of my scale, it cost me about 25 dollars and looks exactly the same as the one xork uses (different brand though) which makes me think that one factory in china is stamping out every ebay scale and putting different labels on them. i have never had any problems, it is def a decent scale.

BUT

now i feel guilty for being a cheapskate, and i think its time to invest in something a bit more reliable for the piece of mind if nothing else. my friend has an acculab (a hulking monster that needs to be plugged in around the clock) that cost over 300 dollars but the weights drift worse than my 20 dollar scale, not something i want to deal with. I found the gempro250, the look is good, and the price (166) is high enough that i can feel like im responsible, and low enough that i wont instantly associate it with the drugs it could have been.

can anyone give me some feedback on this scale, i know the older gempros are a bit controversial, but the new ones seem fine, if anyone gives me a good reason to go for the acculab i would be willing to pay but from what i have seen i am not impressed.

scale noob

I just recently purchased and recieved my gempro 250 from my weigh but im a bit of a noob when it comes to high price high accuracy scales so I have a question.

alright so here goes, the whole reason I paid a high price for a scale was for the peace of mind knowing that it would be accurate to .001 grams.

its been a few days since i recieved my scale and I decied to try it out, should be pre calibrated according to the web site i got it from. it came with a calibration wieght so i decide to use that... the only problem is I cant seem to find text anywhere telling me ow much my wieght wieghs. anyone know?

alright so i turn the scale on wait for the 0.000 to show up, then place my weighing plate on he scale wait about 6 seconds the press tare to reurn in to a 0.000. after that I put the calibration wieght on the scale and waited for the scale to show me a number that wouldnt change. (i did this by counting 6 seconds in my head, if the was steady for 6 seconds I jotted it down as the measured weight. after this i then romved the wieght and plate and turned off the scale. I then did the same thing 5 times.

here are my results

first time = 20.009
second time = 20.006
third time = 20.010
fourth time = 20.010
fith time = 20.009

now I paid for a scale accurate to .001 grams, my question is did I get what i paid for? the scale has a 30 year warranty on i, should I send it back?

Did the bulk order plan come to fruition? If not, what scale would you recommend for real .001g accuracy at ~$100-200? I have heard people recommend the Tanita 1210-50 on the old thread -- is that still the best? I am tired of bullshit readings from my AWS scale...

I just bought a OHAUS AS153 Adventurer SL, anyone know if its good i cant find reviews anywhere!

After getting tired of the Gemini's unreliability at very low measurements, I'm trying to decide between an Acculab VIC-123 and a Gempro250. What I really need in a scale is something that is reliable and accurate even down to the range of 5-10mg. Can anyone with experience using these scales comment on their capabilities for this?

i'm extremely satisfied with my gempro250
i have not yet used the acculab but most will suggest one or the other.

i have a long history with myweigh scales and they have never let me down so i opted for the gempro

I'm gonna finally stop putting it off (it's about time) and get a scale. I need it to be under 100$ though, and I want to be able to measure stuff in the MG range, as low as possible for that price. any suggestions?

Yeah try google. I used to have a really cheap scale, it weighed accurately in the 100mg range ( claimed to weigh accurately in the 10mg range). I just used that then converted to a solution, quick & easy & very very accurate if done & stored correctly.

If you really want to measure snortable doses of 2Cx then you're gonna spend a bit of cash, & for the life of me I cannot see for why.

Unless you're handling very low amounts of LSD or fentanyl analogues.