• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Salvia Thread - 3rd Dimension

Terrible thread title, the third dimension is SO normal 8)

Salvia definitely isn't.. I very much doubt I will try it again, but I am growing a huge plant plus its cuttings... maybe a tea from the harvest will be made, although preferably I want to save up as much as possible for salvinorin extraction. Maybe need to buy a hazmat suit for that haha

Lol, yes Salvia space is more like the 99th dimension, or as I said earlier, it's like exiting the very concept of a dimension. I really want to know who the little Victorian girl is, who crouches above me as I turn into a plant (maybe even the huge plant you are growing - careful with the cutter!) ;)

In addition to my pictures, the texture of the waves is like some kind of membrane, like what a balloon is made of, only thinner and more liquid-like...

Don't know if it's been mentioned before, but there's a tumblr account dedicated to reports of experiences with (chewed) salvia in isolation tanks: http://sagedivinations.tumblr.com/

Thanks I'll be sure to check that out!

Checked it out - interesting, especially the little people, munchkins I call them, I get them, they unzip reality. Wish I had an isolation tank, I usually try to wear earplugs because otherwise the traffic outside emerges through the middle of my head at some point - but the slightest physical sensation can be distracting, even the earplugs provide a link back to this reality that my frantic ego tries to grab hold of as a last resort!

Last edited:
I had an interesting experience with Salvia last night. I visit a few times a year and go for the big effect (still just plain leaf) to center me more. The afterglow of the trance always had a centering effect on me. It also helps with mild depression and scatteredness. Puts things back into perspective and really, the effect is pretty darn interesting!

So I had only done this a few times, but this time I took 3 small tokes and had mild trips, hitting the next hit about 10 minutes after the last. So it made for an extended milder trip, but I got a good look on how consciousness can be made to stretch and warp the outside world. It was all good. I had the best meditation after it, feeling like I could make my consciousness like a laser giving me the impression I could control just about anything. A very centering meditation. I came to the conclusion that these 3 smaller hits worked better for meditation. I was impressed.

The interesting part came after the meditation. I have had a copy of the SALVIA DIVINORUM AND SALVINORIN A The Best of The Entheogen Review 1992 - 2000 for years. I had that copy going on 15 years. The first trip report I opened up to was chilling. The person claimed they usually do one big rip and have an intense experience. But this time they took 3 smaller hits and found that it totally enhanced the meditation they did just after. The chilling part came because this story in this book that I had for years seemed like that story had just come out of me within the last half hour. :) It looked like I wrote the story. A description of exactly what happened to me and my feelings on it but was written in 1995.

I love coincidences like that. It makes reality seem like it is tailored to my thoughts, feelings and life. I figured this "revelation" would seem just like any old coincidence that happened after the effect wore off. But here it is the next day in my normal consciousness still finding the whole thing fascinating. Thank you Salvia.

I had an interesting experience with Salvia last night. I visit a few times a year and go for the big effect (still just plain leaf) to center me more. The afterglow of the trance always had a centering effect on me. It also helps with mild depression and scatteredness. Puts things back into perspective and really, the effect is pretty darn interesting!

So I had only done this a few times, but this time I took 3 small tokes and had mild trips, hitting the next hit about 10 minutes after the last. So it made for an extended milder trip, but I got a good look on how consciousness can be made to stretch and warp the outside world. It was all good. I had the best meditation after it, feeling like I could make my consciousness like a laser giving me the impression I could control just about anything. A very centering meditation. I came to the conclusion that these 3 smaller hits worked better for meditation. I was impressed.

The interesting part came after the meditation. I have had a copy of the SALVIA DIVINORUM AND SALVINORIN A The Best of The Entheogen Review 1992 - 2000 for years. I had that copy going on 15 years. The first trip report I opened up to was chilling. The person claimed they usually do one big rip and have an intense experience. But this time they took 3 smaller hits and found that it totally enhanced the meditation they did just after. The chilling part came because this story in this book that I had for years seemed like that story had just come out of me within the last half hour. :) It looked like I wrote the story. A description of exactly what happened to me and my feelings on it but was written in 1995.

I love coincidences like that. It makes reality seem like it is tailored to my thoughts, feelings and life. I figured this "revelation" would seem just like any old coincidence that happened after the effect wore off. But here it is the next day in my normal consciousness still finding the whole thing fascinating. Thank you Salvia.

Interesting report - thanks for sharing!

Home grown, used 1999-2001
Best I got from Sally was the answer to life the universe and everything, coupled with the Cosmic Joke, which *ALWAYS* had me laughing on the way out - love that joke, if only I could remember it :). Very easy to use, very effective at low doses. - I used individual leaves, smoked and chewed - none of this 12x 40x 90x product.
After that I lost interest as I always returned to the same place (and I literally had buckets of dried leaves as I used to grow my own - gave them away to a friend). Once you have the answer to life, the universe and everything it's time to move on. A very strong drug, I would suggest the most powerful naturally occurring psychedelic. A working drug, not a recreational legal version of weed as I saw it advertised on many occasions....

Last edited:
So, for the last three months I have been experimenting with Lady Salvia and wow, She has taught me so much! I started out using 20x, and still use that dosage for breakthrough experiences, and i have recently been using 10x on a daily basis, at most twice a day, for the sensory brightening it lends me, but the intense, becoming a 3d grid of multiverse/talking to what is commonly perceived of as God I save for evenings when I have no responsibilities.

Now, I take a number of psych meds, which may and likely do interact with the Salvia, which is a standardized extract. The psych meds are for my brain, which is unhappy and fractured on its own. I'm sure there are interactions, and I'd be very interested to learn about them. It is easy to research the interactions between two things but, at least for me, when I'm trying to research so many medicines and Salvia, I get discouraged. For the record, the medicines that I take are: gabapentin (Neurontin), fluphenazine (Prolixin), Trazadone, Effexor ER, and Wellbutrin SR.

Salvia has offered me information when i have gone into a trip with a specific intention, and also questioned my intentions for coming back so often to see Her. I don't know exactly what or who i am interacting with telepathically during a Salvia experience (could it be the collective consciousness? Do I believe that is possible? Do any of you?), but this presence is far more wise and powerful than I'll likely ever be.

Do any of you psychonauts have thoughts to offer or experiences to share?

Has anyone here tried fresh salvia? Supposedly it has other different effects if you consume leaves that were just freshly picked... by quidding

If not, has anyone tried quidding / oral?

I have grown it, the fresh leaves are ok, taste badly but they do help digestion.
if you eat a lot of them (20-50 of them) there are effects but it is very hard to enjoy the process of chewing bitter leaves and foaming green at the mouth in a dignified way.

quidding sucks IMO.

I still use salvia (started in 2003) but mostly I use a preparation of pure salvinorin measured on tiny bits of cigarette paper (I made up a half gram of 99% pure stuff into a stash of papers 5 years ago) - My tokes have ~300 mics of salvinorin A on them, they are approximately 1/60th of a full cigarette paper. I use a tiny pipe for this type of smoking.

As Pupnik, i got salvinorin a long time ago but I cant decide to do the cig paper technic.
The problem with salvinorine is that it have a vaporisation temperature higher then the temperature for cellulose to burn.
That's why you cant take it in a join, the tabacco that handle the salvinorin take fire before the vaposisation, and the burning make the salvinorin burn instead of vaporizing.
That why you use a torch lighter, cause its a race between vaporisation and medium burning so you have to reach a very high temp very quickly.
Now when I see the cig paper technic, its just another cellulose medium.
The problem is not that its effective, it surely works well, but its the consistance of the dosage of salvinorin that is vaporized vs burnt.
And with salvinorin, the accuracie of dosage is the main problem to solve.
My idear is to use drops instead of blotters, so find a solvant that :
- disolve salvinorin
- dont evaporate so the concentration remaind the same as time pass
- dont burn, but rather vaporise at a medium temperature

The plan is to use "the machine" that you use for DMT with drops of that solution of salvinorin, but with a torch lighter.
Put drops on the metal stuff, apply flame.
As temp of the medium rise, the solvant first vaporise, letting the salvinorin fixed on the metalic medium, than when the temp is ok, the salvinorin can vaporise, there is not burning medium envolve.
Perhaps propylene glycol or glycerin could work, but for the moment I value my stock to much to use some to test if it dissolve salvinorine well enoug to have 300mcg/drop.

you definitely do not want to inhale the superheated vapor of salvinorin --- the state of the molecule is not relevant to the effect.

480+ degree salvinorin vapor will sear your mouth and lung tissues.

However, salvinorin is very effective when on a substance that is smoked - the action of combustion actually liquefies it and releases it into an aerosol which enters the inhaled smoke stream.

check it out. it definitely works without high temperatures.

the alveoli in the lungs are good at moving the salvinorin from tiny droplets (liquid) into your blood - the gaseous state is not required, fortunately

Is 300 micrograms especially at a quite high molar mass really so bad? It's not like the MUCH bigger quantities of substance smoked in other situations aren't hot.. Plus, the hotter it is the faster it cools

generally to vaporize 300 micrograms, you end up super-heating several grams of air to inhale - so yeah, not a good practice, and completely unnecessary.

my experience with it this morning resulted in me feeling a lot more centered, honest, and mildly invigorated:
After soaking in a hot bath and reading my web links..., I fired up my one toke salvia chillum, and inhaled deeply.
While exhaling I put the kit away and lay back in the tub.
Initially a smile, as some effect engaged.
Then with eyes closed and leaning back I adjusted position for least contact with hard surfaces.
At this point I saw my whole world as colored interconnected concentric hexagons (like some colored "PEACOCK EYE" Venetian Millefiori Glass Beads / African Trade Beads) and some clear spaces.
The spaces were like air, and the patterns were my skin and flesh; I was seeing my body from inside out.
All the new sensations were from one or another of the 'EYE's which burgeon with becoming, but mostly stay put.
This was similar to Alex Grey Paintings, but not fantasy, or whimsical, nor symbolic, just as it was, as it is.

After about 10 minutes I got out dried off and applied what treatments I normally do, then went to do some pushups and crunches etc.
I think it will be my new routine.

200b66a7c0b046504dd66316374bbf05--antique-beads-african-beads.jpg

I've had the same gram of 20x stashed away for months on months now, Salvia's the one place I'm extremely hesitant to return to. Only hit it twice and this was my only two experiences with this substance

I've had the same gram of 20x stashed away for months on months now, Salvia's the one place I'm extremely hesitant to return to. Only hit it twice and this was my only two experiences with this substance

I hear you. It's funny to watch someone try it, but it's not really a fun drug.

the dose response curve is extreme, you are easily jerked into mental states that are shocking, so yeah, it can feel practical joke-ish when used in the same set and setting as weed.
oral is not a good way to use this - too messy