• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Psychedelics and Food Thread - We're Hungry Hungry Hippies

What you experienced with the smoothy is consistent with the proposed lemon tek theory: consuming the mushrooms with acidic beverages is considered a possible but not proven way to potentiate the trip and it could also qualititively change it if it does something to the pharmacodynamics and -kinetics of psilocybin hydrolysis.

Linky to subthread about the phenomenon: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=224669

I usually eat a decent meal early of non greasy food then skip lunch if I plan on tripping that night. That way everythings digested and I dont feel sick. But thats just me, i have a sensitive stomach anyway so Im probably overly cautious. Definitely drink as much water as I can though that helps too. It depends on the person I guess...

Fruit, nuts, seeds, inoffensive vegetable matter. Soli's idea of a granola bar is a great one. I'm partial towards wierd fruit like dragonfruit, pomegranate etc.

It's a good rule of thumb to avoid meats, fat, and dairy.

The important thing is to be sure you have some sort of energy supply to help you through the trip. If you choose to fast you should be very careful about, for instance, sudden postural changes, as they can lead to faints or dizziness.

Im usually not hungry whilst on mushies, but if i feel the need to consume somthing, a smoothie always hits the spot

The healthier end of one's normal diet is just fine beforehand IMO.

During you probably won't find you're hungry but smoothies, fruit, nuts & seeds etc are all good. Making your own smoothie/milkshake can be great fun if you're up to it.

I believe tonight I'm trying an experiment: stoffeurs veggie lasagna at around 7 pm then around 9 dosing around 10 mgs 5-meo-mipt with a little more than 20 mgs 4-aco-met/dmt. Not totally sure about the second compound yet, personally -met. It is more an experiment to see if my stomach can handle it. I am 5'11" and weigh~145. If I get ill, is pepto or tums a viable option?

Eating fruit on psychedelics is such an adventure.
Mangoes especially are my favourite to eat on psyches haha, soooooo full of flavour haha