• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Psychedelic Therapy Thread

Thanks!
I've been looking around online for the things I'm looking for and I'm kind of getting somewhere. I found some basic questions to ask myself that will hopefully help solve this puzzle. So to say
but also thinking about it, I need to not use drugs as the first way to fix my problems. I have other tools to help me but whatever I end up doing, hopefully it will work out for me

Would you mind posting some of the info you have found? This is something I could benefit from as well.
I'll try and help find stuff as well.

The things I was looking for were dealing with therapeutic use of LSD but I found one page that really has helped me prepare for the next time I dose
http://www.maps.org/ritesofpassage/lsdhandbook.html
Here is the main page I am using. Halfway through there are some questions to be asked while under the influence. My plan of attack is writing all of these questions down and answering them right now while I am sober and the next time I trip I will answer them again. Hopefully I will be able to work with this.
I have found that having a notebook to write in while tripping is great because my thoughts are too personal to share but I really want to tell someone. So I write it down in the notebook. It also helps with simply remembering your thoughts. I have had times where I have gone really deep into thought but I can't remember anything.

Here are some questions I have come up with that are not listed.
Why do other people enjoy having you around?
What is something you want to accomplish in life?
What makes you not like certain things about yourself?

I don't know if this helps any. If it doesn't I'm sorry for rambling and boring you with this. I plan on dosing in about two weeks so if you want, I can let you know how the "session" went. Would you care to do the same back?
Thanks!
Love & Peace,
Ben

It will possibly bring you out of your shell so to speak, especially with low doses. But this is just an acute effect. After a few days when the drug has completely worn off you are just yourself again. In the end it may lead to you to be less socially oriented.

Do you smoke weed? Thats probably not helping.

Take any opportunity to commit yourself to these uncomfortable social situations and forcing yourself to confront these feelings in small steps. You will get better at dealing with it over time because you will be building a base of confidence. Do this while sober. You are basically conditioning yourself to be more comfortable with others but mainly yourself. Once you are comfortable with yourself people will come to you. When a person appreciates themselves and is proud of who they are (not in a conceited way) others will begin to appreciate them.

Psychotherapy and Psychedelics (Hopefully Made a Big n' Dandy)

So I have been doing some reading recently, and it seem's that as commonly as LSD is attributed to making mental disorders such as schizophrenia worse or catalysing its appearance, it has shown huge potential in a psychotherapy setting.

And while you should be a professional before attempting to cure schizophrenia with large amounts of LSD, the old case studies show that LSD has huge potential to alleviate a wide range of mental disorders. The case studies were usually on individuals that had not responded to therapy or any of the standard medications for the illness and were considered "lost causes".

The results were spectacular, and I think more people need to be aware of the research that was done. I feel that LSD has a special ability to allow us to find the source of our pain, and deal with it in a manner that resolves it. My first time doing LSD ended 3 years of depression in a single night which is why this hits home for me.

Erowid has over 4000 articles detailing scientific studies done with LSD. There is enough information here to help give more people an idea of how this substance can be used as a tool to better understand the mind and a tool to fix some pretty severe problems if used correctly.

http://www.hofmann.org/papers/
http://www.hofmann.org/papers/fisher/fisher_index.htm
http://www.hofmann.org/papers/hofmann_collection.html

http://www.erowid.org/references/refs.php?C=Hof

I felt that this information is very much important, but I have never seen anyone really talk much about it, this sort of research should not be lost to the pages of history.... Far too much potential for these chemicals to let that happen.

...................And while you should be a professional before attempting to cure schizophrenia with large amounts of LSD...........
Nice idea for a thread. Hope this goes somewhere.

I'd be a bit sceptical about the idea of necessarily needing to be "professionals" - this could deny very experienced and competent people the opportunity to help other people. And supposing it just had to be a professional, what profession should they profess in order to be a fit and proper person to do this particular job

E

Looked at in a non professional albeit practical sense, if there is a good relationship between the people involved and the person acting as "therapist" is experienced with the drug and has a deeper than average understanding of the human mind, I would say its all up to the comfort level of the person.

Basically a lot of the psychotherapy comes in dragging all of those skeletons out of the closet and making you confront them and deal with them to the point of moving past it.

I believe MDMA, LSD, and other psychedelics have the ability to help a great many people with some form of mental disorder, and generally a positive influence on the personality in general.

Speaking from personal experience, MDMA has given me a much better sense of empathy for those around me. I see situations for how they affect all the people involved instead of just how it affects me. I used to hate people, now I am surrounded by friends that I feel truly care for me. To be called "family", people approaching me and thanking me for my existence and for all that I have done for them.

I have come to a conclusion that a lot of the things about people that we normally look at as being negative aspects stem from people driven by their ego more than a simple desire to love those around us instead of feeling threatened by them.

Look at your friends that use psychedelics. What makes them different? They have killed their ego so many times through psychedelic drugs that it occurs to them that there is so much more to everything than one's self and that in the end, they would have rather lived a life that meant something to those they spent it with.

But I think a lot of social and psychological issues stem from the inherent sense of ego amongst people. Through psychedelics its possible to develop a deeper understanding of our own brains and the brains of those we participate with.

Eat MDMA with your best friend. Someone who won't judge you. You should be able to be open and honest with your friends, if they judge you for who you really are, they weren't worth it in the first place. Clean some skeletons out of the closets.... Everyone has those things that they just dont talk about out of fear rejection. Show openness to your friends, it makes for closer relationships.

I would rather be overly open and honest about myself, you really shouldn't be ashamed of who you are or the things you enjoy. I show people levels of honesty and forwardness that they rarely expect. The result is usually respect in how comfortable I am with myself and compliments that I am a very "real" person.

I am going to be talking to someone about being a sitter/guide for me eating what will be a very strong amount of acid. Enough to put me in a very vulnerable and impressionable state of mind and I am going to give him permission to pick at my head. Older hippie, we have had long discussions about psychology and such, and I feel that he has a deep understanding of the human mind. He is also the one I wish to do Ayahuasca in the presence of. But now that I think about it, I might just go for that one.

this is a supremely important topic and surely should be made into a B-a-D thread!

i haven't a lot of thoughts and experiences dabbling in attemping self-psychotehrapy with psychedelics, empathogens, and dissociatives. later i will write more detailed thoughts, but very quickly, maybe these bullet points will spark some discussion:

- massive potential in hypnosis and psychedelics, some more than others. for example, LSD, 2ce, and AMT work great with hypnosis. shrooms, DMT, mescaline - very powerful for psychotherapy for their own purposes - don't seem to especially mix synergetically like with the previously mentioned.

- ibogaine and ayahuasca, seem to have especially massive potential here.

- while anxeity is a natural part of the problems coming out from your subconsious, sometimes - very often - anxiety blocks the process and in facts leaves scares in the form of bad trips. (i say bad trips, not difficult trips - there is a massssive difference between the two.) anyway, the idea is, can you combine long-lasting and non-psychedelic-effect-inhibiting calming agents with psychedelics to help with this... phenibut for example.

- some people on the MXE thread have mentioned using it in higher doses for psychotherapy. i'm curious about this if anybody has thoughts, i will start experimenting with this next week but so far couldn't comment.

- the positive entheogenic experience doesn't exist in isolation. psychology principles and practices, as well as spiritual principles and practices, are also inseparable in this pursuit for psychedelic psychotherapy.

its already a B&D thread, with a link in the index ;)

There are plenty of books on psychotherapy with psychedelics as well. I'd recommend LSD Psychotherapy by S. Grof; The Secret Chief by M. Stolaroff; and Higher Wisdom ed. C. Grob. There are plenty more, but those can all be purchased in the MAPS bookstore, and any money spent there goes directly to funding psychedelic research. IIRC you can even choose which type of psychedelic research your money will be earmarked for :D. They also have plenty other interesting titles, but those three i've read personally

While I have no doubt that there are many clandestine therapists out there using psychedelics in their work, the draconian drug laws of the modern world means these therapists risk being professionally blacklisted and losing their professional accreditation (at the very least) by doing so.

I am a fully trained therapist myself and am currently exploring the use of psychedelics as an adjunct to therapy through online research and self experimentation along with my partner (also a trained counsellor). I could certainly see myself taking the skills and knowledge I gain to a wider audience in the future because I believe it's an area that is potentially of immense value to many people, but I would be very cautious about doing so to minimise my liability.

There are legal alternatives of course. As Hive Mind suggests, you could travel to South America to take part in an Ayahuasca or cactus retreat, or you could look at Ibogaine therapy centres (which are legal in many parts of the world). Both of these options are expensive though. You could also look at the MAPS website and see if there are any research studies you could put yourself forward for.

Good luck in your quest anyway. I hope you find what you're looking for :)

I feel you for the most part (solid post). I will say, its sad that the options people have in the US for a 'legal' psychedelic experience have to be so impractical for most. I'd even say I'd avoid some of these potential bodyloading or even dangerous philosophical experiences which could be felt on in full force from these pseudo safer experiences. For one, traditional oral DMT experiences, especially through more crude or essentially raw preparations seen with traditional methods do have a potential for high levels of anxiety (intense experience that last hours with no sense of time during the experience) on top of a bodyload that I personally have little desire to experience (seen sometimes as positive thing/part of the true experience in traditional ceremonies. I for one prefer to avoid bodyload when it comes to drugs, especially when it comes to psychedelics (I haven't been that big of a fan of the 2c-x's because of the bodyloads I've experience on the few chems I have tried from that group - sidenote: some how I can handle the DXM bodyload 100x easier). Second Ibogane really isn't what I'd recommend to someone for a introspective and productive experience. It has a worse record of physiological issues involving a few deaths and health issues (not that they are that common, but neither are experience reports). For someone looking to get into the world of psychedelics I personal say there is no better way than to extract your own psychedelics or try LSD. I love mushrooms but for a new user to the drug world, a hit or two of blotter is easier to maintain and not as much of a worry for criminal charges once purchased. Though LSD does have the longer duration, I find mushrooms to be confusing and the psychedelic style dissociation (akin to DMT) to be a easy source of anxiety. LSD I find to be a bit softer on the mind in terms of emotional fortitude and grasp of the reality of the world at low doses in comparison to mushrooms at low doses.

Really the majority of the world doesn't approve of the use of drugs so be careful no mater where you are if you are interested in psychedelic drugs. The more time you put into making sure you understand what your getting yourself into and creating the right set and setting, the more likely chance for a problem free experience and the more rewarding it may be (try extracting some of your own DMT. I know it is potentially very dangerous chemically and lawfully, but if done with care, it could be seen as a carefree endeavor that only broadens your mind). Simple extractions of mescaline/other plant alkolides and DMT/other alkaloids are not that complex and could be done with minimal potential to harm yourself if done with care of course.

I wish there was a way for every person to get into the proper situation or in the right mind set to benefit from psychedelic drugs if desired. If shown respect and basic tripping rules/potentially beneficial guidelines followed, these experience seen with most traditional phenethylamines and tryptamines are fairly harmless.

I was lucky to stumble into the right place, right time with the right people.... I took a massive dosage off LSD and it happened.

I genuinely thought this was it, my sanity, myself- my dreams and hopes all disintegrating in frount of my eyes... i would be a mess at best and kill myself at worst.. i ran to one of best friend and told her that 'the gypsies are inside my brain they're going to make me kill myself' then i opened the tent door and looked out... there was a lovely woman there who took me on a journey.

I'd somehow (though i think it was planned) consumed some mdma, and somewhere like 20/30 drops of 100Ug LSD

She came in the tent and told me that this was the end of one life, and the start of another... i was still petrified, preparing for my death, begging to call my mother... begging to speak to my best friend, my one true love both who where miles away. I was told that i could, but what would they say, what could they say.

I was then asked the question, if you could start again... what would you change? i began to cry, weep like i'd never wept before it finally hit me what drugs were doing to me. who i had become. "i'd be in a world where i could be proud of who i was', 'i'd never of told thoes lies, stolen this and that'. i'd of taken the priceless advice and known when to stop", " i would look after my body, i'd be someone. i'd change the world'.

If there's anything you could tell us,to make the transition easier, something thats been eating away? 'I was a prositute'. cue endless tears... and how did that make you feel 'imagine how you look at someone after knowing that information, then become the person who that looks for'. i cried the endless tears and was told it was time.

I was still petrified, i walked over to the edge of this campsite and watched the sunrise and felt all the negative emotion leave me... it was a fresh start. the world was there again, it was my oyster, my home and my sanctuary. i belonged.

i then set about doing some tasks, this part is quite blurry but i left that night with a changed viewpoint on the world

It's a few months later and i've used class a drugs's twice, mdma and lsd which is down from more than twice a week to two times in near 4 months now.

It's like my whole cognition shifted, i now go to the gym 3 times a week, i want to do something with my life and i'm getting top marks at college. it's still a struggle the whole drugs thing but i'm making headway finally, i'm getting my life back now

i'm currently reading as much as i can about this kind of therapy, which is just unreal! x

Great post adamski, I'm glad psychedelics have been able to help you in such a way. I have had one rather significant experience of being given a fresh start, I didn't accept it quite as well as you did, but the experience itself is one that'll stick with me for the rest of my life. I should really finally put it into words, maybe that'd help me integrate it into my life.

Inspired by adamski10's post, I thought I would share a personal experience that also made a major impact on my life.

I apologize in advance if this is too long, if it doesn't fit with the thread, or otherwise. If it is, just let me know and I will remove it.

It had been almost a full year since I had gotten back to society from rehab, psychedelics being my DOC but also had gotten in deep with benzos. My younger sister, who had never done drugs and probably never will, asked me to go to a music festival with her. She had always wanted to go to one ever since she saw her big brother going off on multiple occasions to festivals. I bought her and I tickets as a birthday present.

The first two days of the festival went well, even though there was some tension between my sister and me. I knew some of my old using friends would be there and as much as I wanted to say hello to them, I knew my sister would be disappointed in me for associating with them. My sister and I enjoyed many of the bands that played, we danced and jammed and smiled. Sober. I felt cured, in a sense. The urge to use drugs in that setting seemed so far away that I felt invincible to the cravings. Eventually, on the second day, my sister told me she was feeling overwhelmed by the large crowds and all the loud music so she wanted to take a nap in the tent for a while before we went to see some other acts later on that night. She told me to go ahead and continue enjoying the various stages and to come get her for lunch/dinner.

I was out and about, enjoying the music at each stage and really having a great time. Then I ran into my ex-girlfriend whom I had not only used with many times but who I also sold drugs with. It was strange seeing her after so long. She seemed happy to see me, and we talked for a while. She told me about her continued drug use, her recent acquisition of liquid LSD, experimentation of ketamine, and other such things. She also offered me some paper that she recently acquired, but I declined. It was scary to be so close to drugs, to be offered them so readily. And quality stuff too. I felt confused because of course part of me still had feelings for her. I had thought her to be my soul mate until I got clean.

We separated later on and I wandered into a stage where a jazz jam band was playing. It was excellent. I was grinning, just vibing with what the musicians were doing. I was offered to hit a joint by a guy next to me but I smiled and declined. Good vibes all around. Then another guy stumbled through the crowd, practically bumping into me, and whispered into my ear "good liquid L man, five bucks for a trip." My heart was racing. It felt like someone else had been put into the drivers seat of my mind and body. Rather than declining, I said "Is it clean?"

He was pretty messed up. He didn't look like he was on LSD. If anything he looked like he was on GHB or drunk. So I highly doubted that the liquid he was selling was actually LSD. He was on a bit of an ego trip, going on and on about how strong and pure his shit was. I tried to seem indifferent, but I could tell that my tone and body language were manipulative. I told him that I didn't really want to give him money if I didn't know it was real, I said that I would know if it was tasteless or not. I thought this would make him go away, but he persisted, saying that it was real. Finally, he said he'd give me a hit so I could know that it was real and then I could give him the money. He pulled out a dropper and put a drop on my tongue. The shit burned, and I panicked. Then I realized that it was like liquid listerine. I told him that it was fake, that he was just giving out mint drops to people. I told him that it was kinda messed up to be doing that to people since LSD is such a beautiful thing to share with the world. He looked like a punk dealer that was out to scam people. He then told me he was part of "The Family," told me to meet him in Florida for the Marlins game and he'd "take care of me". I started getting scared because not more than 2 months before I had been sexually assaulted by another man. I started thinking that maybe he had given me a hit of GHB or something that would let him take advantage of me. I didn't know how to just tell him to go away, so I started aggravating him. Finally getting pissed off, he put two drops and then an arc on my hand. A smiley face, probably the equivalent of 3-5 hits. Then he yelled at me to go ahead and lick it, and "have a nice fucking trip." Scared shitless and wanting him to leave, I licked it.

In hindsight, I shouldn't have messed with the guy. I shouldn't have pushed him the way I did. In a way, I had it coming to me. But I really didn't know what to do at the time. I faced not only my attraction to drugs but also the close proximity of another guy. I was still getting over the trauma of that event. The guy finally left. I stayed there in the crowd, trying to calm myself down. I tried to convince myself that it was fake and that he was just some fucked up asshole trying to scam people. But sure enough after about 30 minutes, I started to feel strange. The familiar psychedelic come-up was creeping up on me and I became more scared. I decided to leave the stage and go to the tent in the hopes of riding out whatever trip was developing.

By the time I got to the tent, I was feeling increasingly strange. I woke my sister up, and she was happy to see me. She said that we should make sandwiches, so we did. I was strangely quiet, and I could feel that she noticed it. I tried making some small talk, but the sinking feeling in my chest told me that there was going to be no way I could hide the fact that I was on psychedelic drugs from her. So I told her I wasn't feeling well. She turned from carefree and happy to be there with me to concerned. She asked me what I meant. I told her that my stomach was feeling strange, which it was. She asked me if I was feeling sick, and I said sort of but I feel like I'm coming up on drugs. I could see the panic in her face. I tried to calm her down, tried to explain that if I was on drugs, that the effects would be gone in about 6 hours. Of course, the idea of being under the influence of a drug for 6 hours to someone that's never done drugs is even scarier. I told her that someone at one of the stages had offered me a mint and that I accepted it, only to start feeling kinda strange later. She bought the story, so at least she wouldn't think it was a relapse.

When the tracers started, she seemed somewhat amused. She laughed when I told her what the trails looked like and how all the colors were changing. How her face seemed somewhat morphed at times. We were silly for a bit. But then it really hit. I lost all sense of time and place. She kept trying to get me to sleep but I was so stimulated and confused that every time she told me hey, how about we get some sleep? I would say "sleep? what's sleep?" in a joking voice. Then she would be like, "come on, I'm really tired." And I would say "sleep? but I don't want to sleep." It's like I was trying to be cute. I thought I was being funny. But instead I was just acting crazy and making life difficult for her. I started having pseudo-revelations and felt that NEED to write down these answers to the universe. I grabbed my notebook (which is full of respectable reflections and artistic expression) and started scribbling all over the page. My sister had the sense to flip to the back of the notebook so I could go to town without ruining the rest of my work. It was complete gibberish. I would write half of a word in total drivel and then make some kind of line that looked like nothing readable. It looked like the work of a crackhead scribbling on the walls, but at the time I felt accomplished that finally the answers to everything had been discovered and that my life would be perfect from now on. Then I began crying. I cried for everything I had done to myself and my family, I cried because I knew I had lied to my sister, I cried because I thought I would never be able to stop abusing drugs. I cried because I felt alone. I had just lost all my friends after rehab since they were still using and I was not. My family was extremely supportive, however. My sister tried to comfort me, and finally got me to lie down.

When we laid down, I asked her if she could help me get to sleep. So she told me to close my eyes. And suddenly, I felt like I had a realization. I got the knowledge that my sister was a perfect being because she had never done drugs before in her life. She followed my parents rules, went to church, did well in school. She gave me the perfect advice. She was forgiving. Then I thought that my parents were too. That my family was a family of aliens and that now it was time for me to go back home, back to the mothership. It felt like every moment in my life existed just for this. For my last moment knowing that I was not human. That I was actually an alien, and that they were just waiting for me to have the realization. My sister told me to clear my mind, to not allow any thoughts happen. My mind cleared. It was clear black space. Her words were the words of God. She told me to relax my body, to rest. In my mind, I suddenly visualized a huge and vast energy, like a ball of light. I was told by beings from this light that they were the masters of the universe, and that it was time for me to join them. They told me I had nothing to worry about anymore. I started crying silent tears. I let go of everything in my life. I let go of my ego, as I had done many times before. But this time, it was almost taken away from me. I got the notion that everything in the world that we know are signs trying to get us to "ascend" to the higher planes of the masters. And that some of these masters come back to our plane of existence to try and guide people. Then I was shown all the leaders of the world, great musicians, writers, film makers, my best professors. It was shown that they were actually like avatars, versions of the masters moving about in the world, trying to help other people become masters. And then I realized that all humans were avatars, but that the masters that were controlling us had gotten too wrapped up in human pleasures and that was why we experience depression and the inability to accomplish the things we want to. This was all happening while my sister was trying to guide me through a relaxation meditation. I asked her if I was going to die. At the time, I thought her tone of voice was robotic and even, but now that I think back I think she was just tired and annoyed. She said no, I wasn't going to die. Then I had the illusion that my sister was an alien and that she was going to have sex with me and then kill me so that I could join the masters. I felt like she had planned everything and that my parents knew too. I hallucinated that there were lights shining on our tent. I imagined crowds of people gathered right outside, knowing that I was there and that I was reaching the moment where I would reach ultimate knowledge. I heard chanting of my name, I heard chanting of joy. It felt like the world was rejoicing for me, but it felt like some horrible cult that I was a part of that I never wanted to be. I am a Buddhist, but in that moment I had the vision that the only way to reach perfection was to believe in the one God of the Catholic faith that I was brought up in because my parents were perfect and my sister was perfect. That the Catholic religion was actually just the congregation of the true masters. I cried because I wanted to do something great in my life. I saw all the ways I had failed myself in becoming the person I wanted to be and accomplishing the things I wanted to accomplish (which were exaggerated). My sister and I were laying next to each other, and I think we were face to face. I thought "this is it. This is the moment where she rapes me." I think this thought process came from the subconscious thoughts of my own rape (I am male by the way). But just as I was hallucinating she was getting ready to get physical with me and the terror was gripping me, I realized I had to pee so I told her. She seemed pissed off but again, I just think she was annoyed. I felt like this reinforced what I thought was going to happen, that she was annoyed to have to wait to enlighten me. It was the dead of night, but when I exited the tent, it seemed like every molecule in the air glowed. I looked towards the moon and it almost seemed like a distant sun and there was something about the air that was so beautiful, the fog that filtered the light. I had forgotten I was on drugs. It reminded me of being on DMT. I walked to the port-a-potties that were about 20 feet from our tent, but I felt like I was in space. Each step happened so slowly, and I felt like I had so much power. Inside the bathroom as I was peeing, I again thought I heard the entire festival chanting my name. A girl in the campsite yelled "wooooo!" and I thought she was cheering for me. I had the vision that from now on, I could sleep with any woman I wanted because I was a perfect being. But that I had to sleep with my sister first. And even in that fucked up mindset, I thought it was so wrong. I was still terrified but it felt like there was no other choice. It felt like that was just how the world worked and that no one had ever explained it to me before. As I walked back to the tent, I began to gain a small degree of clarity. My sister was already asleep and I left her that way, relieved that I didn't have to sleep with her. Then I lay down and began to face my demons.

As I came down, I began to see the true reality behind all of my actions of that night. The irrational thoughts, the delusions, etc. I knew that I needed to sleep, but I couldn't. Every time I tried, I would see psychedelic images exploding in rapid succession and I would be faced with the severely depressing reality of what I had done. The consequences of my actions seemed worse than death. I contemplated suicide, but knew I wanted to live. I gripped onto reality and breathed. I buried my face in my sleeping bag while in the fetal position and just sat there, letting the psychedelic nightmare gradually subside. Finally, some form of sleep came. I slept for about an hour or two at most. I woke up and suddenly everything was normal. It was definitely not LSD that I took because the comedown was like waking up from a dream. I suspected some tryptamine. It didn't feel like a phenethylamine to me. I woke my sister up and it turned out that we still had time to catch the set of a dj I really wanted to see. I asked her if she still wanted to go and she agreed. As we left the tent, I apologized and told her I was ok now. She agreed and told me that I was spot-on with my prediction. It had been exactly 6 hours. We enjoyed the dj for a little while and my sister told me "it feels like everything is ok now." And that statement meant more than the world to me at that moment. In the afterglow, I saw how I could be a better brother to her, and I saw that there was a possibility of hope for me after this incident.

The following day, I felt brain dead. It felt like there was no serotonin left in my brain, like feeling happy was impossible. I had felt like this once or twice before, and it almost always went away over the day, but this persisted. I back home (I lived in an apartment and she lived in a dorm closeby) a few hours away. After I had been home for a little while, the depression was so intense that I couldn't even cry. I called my sister and told her I needed to see her. When we met up, I couldn't talk. I just cried. I don't think I've ever cried that hard in my life. Finally, I told her the truth. I told her about the guy that gave me the hits, I exposed all my lies. I told her that I understood if she couldn't forgive me. I told her that I didn't think there was any way to recover from this. She grabbed me by the shoulders and told me "There is always a chance to turn things around." Then she took me out to dinner, where I started to feel significantly better. We threw away all the RCs that I had been stockpiling (though I wasn't using, I felt a need to have RCs in my possession) and she agreed not to tell to my parents because she believed that I would make it through and that my parents would make the situation worse. I was 20 at the time.

Although this was an incredibly traumatic experience for both my sister and me, it was what I needed to become fully committed to my abstinence from mind-altering drugs. Before that, I had used 2c-e twice (both times I had small reminders that I did not need to use psychedelics anymore. That the work I had to do was now in the real world, sober.), methylone once, MXE about 3 times, and 5-meo-dmt once. Since then, I have not taken a psychedelic drug and have only smoked pot on three occasions. I would also like to mention that I still practice Buddhism, I do not believe in "ascending" as I have heard many neo-hippie new age people talk about, and I would consider myself to be a sane and stable person. I live with my sister now and although we have our disagreements and difficulties, we still get along pretty well. I still struggle from time to time with my addictive tendencies (having fantasies of using psychedelics or novel substances, ordering some medications online) but have not had any other major episodes like the one I just described.

Just thought I'd share this story on how even the most traumatic and difficult experience *can* still have positive outcomes. There is no such thing as a bad trip. Just difficult ones. It is what you make of it.

Wishing you all the best.

Take any opportunity to commit yourself to these uncomfortable social situations and forcing yourself to confront these feelings in small steps. You will get better at dealing with it over time because you will be building a base of confidence. Do this while sober. You are basically conditioning yourself to be more comfortable with others but mainly yourself. Once you are comfortable with yourself people will come to you. When a person appreciates themselves and is proud of who they are (not in a conceited way) others will begin to appreciate them.

I think you've pretty much just hit the nail on the head

The best advice I can give is don't trip alone.

I tried for a long time to beat my anxiety with psychedelics and to no avail, if anything it seemed to actually be complicating matters. These trips were all spent alone, just thinking about my problems and evaluating strategies to beat them - I usually ended up wallowing in my anxiety and feeling worse for wear. The afterglows were always nice but they never actually helped me conquer it.

A year ago I took aMT with my best friend and we spent pretty much the entire trip talking through my anxiety, the triggers and causes, ways around it, etc. Since then my anxiety is gone.

Psychedelics can help break down the immense walls that anxiety and depression cause but it really helps to have someone else there to show you things from a new perspective so that you can really appreciate how easy it can be to overcome your problems without those walls there :)

Also, merged :)