View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Nitrous Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I learned what makes things funny on nitrous. It took me a fair amount of time/use after glimpsing these concepts the first time to finally understand them as much as is possible with a brain cluttered with words. That's what kept me from understanding it for a while- trying to put it into words.

A couple of days ago at a rave I took a large balloon of nitrous while peaking on MDMA, and it was fantastic.

Ahh thanks though. That would be sick to get a tank. But I think I'll avoid that and just use nitrous on few occasions. Having a tank would allow me to binge a little bit too much.

MOOR said:
Ahh thanks though. That would be sick to get a tank. But I think I'll avoid that and just use nitrous on few occasions. Having a tank would allow me to binge a little bit too much.

Agreed. I find myself, too often after a few whippits, making runs back to the store for more. A tank would send me overboard. :)

^tanks go faster than you guys might think. In the beginning, you think it's all good, you got plenty of baloons, but you soon learn just how fast 5 or 6 people can kill a tank. The most nitrous I did in 1 sitting was when my n my guys had a tank between 4 people and we still killed it in about 6 hours. That's incredibly fast considering a 5' tank yeilds almost 1000 baloons(9'')

Anyone else hallucinate of it?
I once saw myself go blind vision went all black and then i started to see the light. When the peak was over and i came down i noticed i was staring at my dark blue bead spread and a sock was the pinpoint of light at the end. Also geometric patterns n such, before i ever shroomed i belive.

^Thats one of the best oxymorons I've heard in a while- "I saw myself go blind..."....brilliant! :):)

Thoughts of a nitrous user

This may well be my first post here, though I browse the forum occasionally. I don't tend to post, because I rarely have anything useful to say, but not I think maybe I do.
I have been a heave nitrous user for over a year now. Over the course of the year I have got through thousands upon thousands of bulbs and just recently, I feel I have been getting to grips with what nitrous has to tell me.
Almost every person I have seen use nitrous (properly, not just a baloon in a club) gets that feeling that they are about to discover something really important or that they're about to be told something. Noone I have ever met has been able to put their finger on what it was.
I'm going to write a little about what I think is really going on in the world of NOS. Bear in mind, I don't think I'm right here, and I don't even fully understand what I am saying, but I just want to see if a few fellow nitrous heads come into any sort of agreement with me.

Firstly, I want to share a little trick that has helped me a lot on my journey.
It sort of boils down to "Keep your eyes on the prize.
Nitrous is an almost infinite chain of command, and you want to reach the top. The way to move up the chain is as follows:

1) When you inhale, your eyes should be closed, and make sure you keep them closed. This will most likely require all your concentration. When using NOS, there is very much a sense that having your eyes open or closed is NOT a binary option, but more of a spectrum. Your eyes will most likely slowly open themselves without you noticing unless you actively keep them shut.
2) Look straight ahead, and I mean dead ahead. The nitrous will try to distract you by throwing up very interesting hallucinations, you must ignore them and just keep looking dead ahead into the distance, almost so you aren't focusing on anything.

That may sound easy, but when you're being anaesthatised, its very easy to be drawn away.

Now a little story.
The nitrous world is inhabited by many creatures operating under a strict set of rules and with a strict chain of command.
You start your nitrous journey at the bottom of the chain, witnessing interesting hallucinations provided by people above you in the chain. It is almost like an RPG, in that you can complete missions (keep your eyes on the prize as mentioned above) to progress up the chain of command.
The purpose of all this is to provide balance to the universe, saying no to people who exploit others and bringing people their comeuppance.
It also is the avenue via which people all over the world catch glimpses of people who are miles away in reflections in windows, puddles etc. (I personally have seen my cousin, and she was as shocked to see me as I was to see her).
I assume it has more significances than this, but I have not yet put my finger on them.

I'll leave it there. If I get much positive response to this, I'll try to write some more about the world of nitrous as I see it.
Most importantly though, try keeping your eye on the prize, see if you can reach the top, or if the technique works at all for you.
On occasion I have had to do this while working my way through a maze of dancing women, not allowed to let my gaze wander onto them, just always keeping my eyes shut and looking straight ahead. The prize for managing this was to progress 1 step higher in the chain of command.
Any truth to this or am I just doing way too much NOS

Thanks for reading - Relevant questions and replies will be edited in below to stop this from getting messy

So do you have to work your way through every time or does your rank stick with you? In my (very limited) experience it's quite short-lived, how do you make ti last to reach the top?

Your rank sticks with you. Nothing you do on a trip is forgotten and all your actions/achievements carry over.
If your hallucinations die out while you are trying to do something though it does not count against you, you will simply be allocated some new mission next time round. I always use a 1L whipped cream dispenser, and usually load 4 or 5 bulbs into it at once to keep sipping at. If you do that I advise taking breaths of air in between.
At some point if anyone is interested I might make a rough diagram showing how the chain works.

Can you explain a little more about the purpose? Sounds like joining the army! So the higher ranked people give the missions? What's the general flavor of the missions? Can you give some examples? I expect they're all 'virtual' and don't involved any actual going out into the world and stopping this or that crime from happening?

The purpose is the main thing I still really do not understand. It's difficult, since these creatures speak in beeps which I don't understand, so everything has to be interpreted (that seems to be the purpose of the hallucinations I experience - to explain the world).
The missions are virtual in general. As I mentioned above they sometimes involve keeping your eyes closed looking dead ahead for a long time (a couple of minutes) without breaking gaze or allowing your eyes to open at all. Its strange to notice that the nitrous seems capable also of inducing hallucinations that encourage you to relax your eye muscles, so unless you forcibly close your eyes every few seconds they will slowly open.
Other times I will be controlling a person who will be fixed in the middle of my gaze and i will have to guide him across a series of platforms.
Other times I will have to pick up objects and move them around the room (I dont have to move, only move my arm, but the image of the object, once picked up will move with my hand).
On 2 occasions however, I have had to stand up and defeat a monster that has invaded my territory by punching it - lots of fun, like a real life video game - though I never have had to leave the room.

Last edited:
So do you have to work your way through every time or does your rank stick with you? In my (very limited) experience it's quite short-lived, how do you make ti last to reach the top?

Your rank sticks with you. Nothing you do on a trip is forgotten and all your actions/achievements carry over.
If your hallucinations die out while you are trying to do something though it does not count against you, you will simply be allocated some new mission next time round. I always use a 1L whipped cream dispenser, and usually load 4 or 5 bulbs into it at once to keep sipping at. If you do that I advise taking breaths of air in between.
At some point if anyone is interested I might make a rough diagram showing how the chain works.

Can you explain a little more about the purpose? Sounds like joining the army! So the higher ranked people give the missions? What's the general flavor of the missions? Can you give some examples? I expect they're all 'virtual' and don't involved any actual going out into the world and stopping this or that crime from happening?

The purpose is the main thing I still really do not understand. It's difficult, since these creatures speak in beeps which I don't understand, so everything has to be interpreted (that seems to be the purpose of the hallucinations I experience - to explain the world).
The missions are virtual in general. As I mentioned above they sometimes involve keeping your eyes closed looking dead ahead for a long time (a couple of minutes) without breaking gaze or allowing your eyes to open at all. Its strange to notice that the nitrous seems capable also of inducing hallucinations that encourage you to relax your eye muscles, so unless you forcibly close your eyes every few seconds they will slowly open.
Other times I will be controlling a person who will be fixed in the middle of my gaze and i will have to guide him across a series of platforms.
Other times I will have to pick up objects and move them around the room (I dont have to move, only move my arm, but the image of the object, once picked up will move with my hand).
On 2 occasions however, I have had to stand up and defeat a monster that has invaded my territory by punching it - lots of fun, like a real life video game - though I never have had to leave the room.

The thoughts of this nitrous user is:
1.) I need another cansister
2.) i need the medical grade shit

but the OP's trip sounds interesting.

Confussed

I know what you mean about the epiphany and reaching the point of being told something, but i think your view is construed. I have had those moment on quite a few occasions and have been told the answer to questions i never thought could be answered. While doing nitrous alone one night i inhaled from the balloon and held in, barely conscious of my body, i started to get the epiphany feeling and my body shook for a few seconds like i was having a seizure. Then i was "told" "explained" why people have seizures and it was explained to me exactly why we ave them and how they happen. I forgot the explanation a few seconds after. I have seen hallucinations and have them while on nitrouse but they are very different than you describe. It is more of a learning hallucination, your seeing and hearing and feeling it all at the same time so it processes just as learned information not purely visual. On many occasions after doing it a few times in one sitting i will start to see a humanoid face in my phosphone patterns, as it forms on the wall or my carpet. I have yet to guide a man through a series of platforms or fight a dragon monster.... I think its a little bit more than that.

I think its all subjective, and the only thing we seem to have in common with our trips, is the epiphany's.

dankstersauce said:
The thoughts of this nitrous user is:
1.) I need another cansister
2.) i need the medical grade shit

but the OP's trip sounds interesting.

same here. i have never experienced anything like what you have described on nitrous. for me, each bulb provides a short buzz. as i try to do successive bulbs in a row, i simply maintain the same level of aneasthea as the first 1 on two bulbs provided. i never really get much higher. i try to hold the nitrous in as long as i can, but eventually i need to take some time out to breathe and as soon as i do this, i start coming down and this prevents me from ever getting anywhere with nitrous because by the time i am ready for the next bulb i have already come down. i have never had any sort of hallucinations either.

^Do you take bulbs straight from the cracker or do you fill a baloon? Because I've fit as many as 8 bulbs in 1 baloon before. I try to make my baloons as big as possible before I actually start inhaling, because continually cracking bulbs is a huge pain in the ass while your on nitrous.
I've had some amazing experinces with nitrous, especially when combined with ketamine. I hope to try dxm + n2o very soon.

Last edited:
delta_9 said:
^Do you take bulbs straight from the cracker or do you fill a baloon? Because I've fit as many as 8 bulbs in 1 baloon before. I try to make my baloons as big as possible before I actually start inhaling, because continually cracking bulbs is a huge pain in the ass while your on nitrous.

It would have to be a big baloon, surely? I get about 1 bulb into one normally sized baloon.

Status
Not open for further replies.