• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Natural vs. Chemical / Synthetic Psychedelics Thread

Do you (tend to) prefer synthetic psychedelics (incl LSD) or natural ones?

• Natural

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Synthetic

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters
maybe a flaming sword of evil- 2cb-was dark i didnt like it really at all

2c-e was ok with the 3-d visuals and holographic visuals, but there was also a darkness i felt with that aswell

Hah that wasn't my point. My point is you say these things with absolutely no support for your claims. You can make any kind of claim you want but it's useless without a good argument behind it.

For instance you may say natural psychedelics are better because they often have thousands of years of human use behind them whereas many synthetics only a few decades... etc.

Focus on Magic: What I'm gathering from your posts is that you feel natural substances are less likely to lead a person down the wrong road, and that synthetic substances are more likely, am I correct?

To an extent, I agree, but you really need to tell us why you feel this way. It seems your faith in God is the biggest factor here, which actually comes back around to what I originally said:

Mind over matter, ladies. That is the number one factor here. With something like psychedelics, where experiences can vary across the entire spectrum, your set and setting can drive the effects of the drug.

If you have a belief that by taking something that came directly from nature makes you more at one with it, like it's healthier, more complete, etc., then you will most likely get much more positive effects from natural sources.

If you believe that synthetics are 'perfect' versions of nature, cleaner, more potent, better, etc., then guess what? Synths will probably have better effects for you.

I'm not religious at all, so nothing I said has anything to do with God, however it's the same point. If you truly believe and are convinced it is better to take something natural (as I am), you will get better effects from it (as I do).

For instance you may say natural psychedelics are better because they often have thousands of years of human use behind them whereas many synthetics only a few decades... etc.

Major factor in why I feel the way I do.

Thank you..see now we're starting to see eye to eye.. maybe from a different point of view.. bbut still seeing the same picture.

thankyou peace and mad love

Oh and to answer your question why i believe that, it's because it's one of the things i've learned through my own experiences. And i want to share it with others.

2C-B is used by South African shamans. Here, from Born Illegal: The Shulgins and 2C-I at Reality Sandwich

For anyone who thinks the “entheogen” moniker is a ruse that lacks virtue, 2C-B is used as a healing sacrament by some indigenous South African tribes. 2C-B is the active ingredient of a semi-synthetic “herbal” compound called “Ubulawu Nomathotholo” or the “Medicine of the Singing Ancestors.” What makes this unique is that in this case shamanic healers chose this semi-synthetic over their traditional healing plants.
http://www.realitysandwich.com/born_illegal_shulgin_2C-I

Yeah, natural or synthetic has nothing to do with anything. There are natural deadly poisons and synthetic compounds with great healing potential. Quit looking at things as so black and white. And learn what atoms and molecules are.

and there are plenty of natural drugs that i want absolutely no part of, i.e. tropane alkaloids from Solanaceae family plants. Talk about deception & "false doors," ha. And there are plenty of drugs that can be fun & harmful that are natural, i.e. morphine, cocaine, nicotine, alcohol, etc. And as for the business about cocaine being man-made or processed or whatever, the extraction from coca & salting is no more "unnatural" than a dmt extraction from MHRB or what have you.

Much of the time i prefer to work with synthetics because i can work with known dosage, purity, etc. However i still enjoy mushrooms & really enjoy cactus (unfortunately my kitchen is a bit small so i haven't been able to mess with cactus for some time now). One area in which i prefer the botanical is cannabis. I've tried plenty of jwh's out of curiosity & at one point attempting to get a job that required some clean piss, and i can certainly say i like cannabis more. However jwh-210, 203, 250, & 081 were all quite nice in their own right. One problem people in general have with synthetics, especially PiHKAL/TiHKAL stuff or newer is that they go into the experience expecting it to be or mimic something else as opposed to experiencing the substance in and of itself as something different & new all together. Kind of an uncharacteristic closed-minded spot in a bunch of acid and/or shroom heads... Go figure though, testing a wide array of little known & lesser studied psychedelics certainly isn't for everyone.

Honestly i can think less of who thinks i'm a troll or this or that.. wtf is a troll anyway? and who the hell are you to judge me? who do you think you are? some superior being? get the fuck out of here.

you think i'm gonna listen to some punk from england whos ancesters came to america and slaughter the native americans to steal thier land and gold.and thier PEYOTE..lol get the fuck out of here.. you have no clue my friend.

what makes you a judge to judge me like that?

you think i'm nobody who dosn't know anything? if i were to judge you i'd say you dont know your ass from your elbow but i'm not and i won't :)

keep hating just like the others ... i know what's up.. i know i'm real..and so do others..so stfu and leave me alone

peace Mr magic.. yea thats right .. i show love to everyone who shows me it.. the exposer..thats right ..i expose the shadyness cuz the love comes the heart and shines from the soul

You are a fucking idiot.

He just got done describing how humans are not separate from our environment. A way of thinking devoid of judgment, and you think he's judging you.

Learn facts, not fairy tales about secret lost recipes and drugs that don't exist. Cut the Pseudo-philosophical horse shit.

You are extraordinarily ignorant with regards to spirituality. especially when comes to letting go of that ego of yours.

call me hater if it makes you feel better.

its all good.. say what you want..i'm a man of rightousness.. some of you disagree with me..and some agree so.. put me down all you want.. i'm not gonna hate.. its all good.. we're all supposed to be family.. we can debate all we cant, but when it comes to arguing, fighting and name calling, trying to put each other down? nope..thats where we cross the line..

yess sometimes i let my own ego get in the way along with my personal feelings.. and some may not agree with with me, on the other hand some do..

i dont think any of us are right or wrong.. in all reality it's only our own opinions.

If i offended or seemed rude to anyone I'm sorry...i'm child of the Light even tho somethimes i too get blinded by the darkness.. but i tell you what.. in the end the the Love from my heart and the light shines bright from my soul and shines fright through the darkness and exposes the shadyness.

peace to everyone.. we are all family wether you like it or not.. we're all on the same team. or atleast we should be.

for me it's the whole "i'm right no matter what cause i said i am, and i know i am, so i'm sorry but you have to be wrong" mindset that ruins it for me

i really am not hating, much love bro, hopefully you can sort all this out <3

To the poster who said something about molecules carrying information like how DNA does (and everyone else for that matter...) :

This is a false distinction. DNA carries information because it encodes structure in a digital format. Repeating patterns of particular nucleotide bases (of which there are 4, so it is not binary i.e. 0 or 1 like computers) arranged in groups of 3 called a codon. Each codon corresponds to a different amino acid. There are also start and stop codons that mark the start and end of a particular block or protein synthesis target - we call these genes. DNA, then, is a carrier of information much like how data is stored in computers - in one contiguous block, delineated into smaller "files" within it with markers where one ends and another begins.

Psychedelics do not have anything like this.

Solipsis adds: merged, but not bumping.

Last edited by a moderator:
"i'm not gonna argue about this anymore... thisis the last time i'm gonna say it..

the man made chemicals can and will allow you to believe falsehoods.. thats why thier called the devils potion because thier meant to allow you to be decieved. "

Called "the devils potion" by you!! You "Focus on Magic" are a dim-bulb...this is not open to discussion, this is just a objective fact, and everyone with a iq over 115 knows it! Sorry, but those are the facts.

On retrospect..he most likely isn't around anyways..but he really got on my nerves! in the past I've been under-the thumb of these quasi-religious-thugs (yard stuff) so I'm kind of sensitive in this area. CAN'T STAND THEM!!!

Last edited:
The only worthwhile part of the "Natural vs Synthetic" argument with drugs imo is that with synthetic production of drugs we often tend to focus on the "main" active chemical in a plant and try and produce a better version - even if our version does work out better in every way, we often miss the multitude of others chemicals in the plant that work in synergy.

In many cases these other chemicals even reduce side-effects from the chemical itself, take THC and CBD, people who have been injected with pure THC experience extreme anxiety, paranoia, fear, etc, but those injected with a mix of THC and CBD or exposed to both when smoking/consuming the plant usually have a great time and less side effects. Yet government funded science in the US favours Marinol (THC pills) over using the full plant.

I think we should trust nature's designs, and take a look at the other constituents in the plants we find medicine in, but I don't think the chemicals themselves in nature are inherently superior.

i never got that whole debate about "natural vs synthetic" really.

humans are natural and act as nature's lengthened arm. so everything humans come up with is based on nature, which came up with humans in the first place.
no matter how deeply synthetic and artificial something seem to you, it's still nature. everyone who denies that fact see's himself as something different (maybe "the classic" above?) than nature's spawn.

this has nothing to do with "but synthetic stuff pollutes the planet!" and "artificial stuff is poison". morals are a different kind of aspect to this whole debate.

This is an excellent post, with a clarity and perspective that is sadly in the minority in the information wasteland that is the Internet. Bravo, gives me hope. . . .

I've had experience with marinol, and found it unsatisfying compared to pot..alot was missing, even when doing 4 or 5 softgells.

That said, I found the marinol not more, but less anxiety, paranoia, fear invoking than pot, more of a mellow, sophoric, somewhat visual, dreamy high, but lacking the mental, thought changing effects that I enjoy with pot...very dissappointing!