• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Music on Dissociatives Thread

This one is kind of cool on MXE. It's the band everyone loves to hate but this song is at least about a good subject and the graphics in the video are good with MXE. The song is about LSD but I find it fits MXE better. MXE makes my vision much more vivid, like there's more color saturation. I find that the WWE shows are also good on MXE because they have a lot of cool graphics in them and there's always lots of drama. MXE makes everything seem more dramatic.

Last edited:
I highly recommend listening to any album by Carbon Based Lifeforms

I'd imagine it being great for any disso/psychedelic

Had one of the best experiences of my life with MXE + Carbon Based Lifeforms

^Yeah CBL is great example to not underestimate the power of ambient, atmospheric, slower music with dissociatives. It seems to create a bigger sense of space and otherworldliness, as if piercing through a veil, moreso than denser music, for the most part. Plus it just feels healing to entrain to the sound in a meditative state.

I highly recommend listening to any album by Carbon Based Lifeforms

I'd imagine it being great for any disso/psychedelic

Had one of the best experiences of my life with MXE + Carbon Based Lifeforms
yeah carbon based lifeforms is good, but a bit too repetitive for me. I used to love it back in the days though. solar field is also in the same label and recommended. in the psy realm, which im bit out of touch, ishq, colourform, shpongle, shulman is all very nice if your into that sort of stuff. I was ten years ago, but ive moved on a bit.

in ambient realm, heres some Id recommend:
vidna obmana: this take some time to get used to the deepness of it all. very rewarding.
gel sol
Bedroom
secede
kettel- volleyed iron
arve henriksen: ambient jazz
proem- till there no breath
proem- before it finds you
hammock
loscil
kiasmos
ametsub
helios
jon hopkins
christopher willits
Lexaunculpt
yagya
muhr

this mix covers a lot of ground in the ambient realm
https://www.mixcloud.com/HeadphoneCommute/roel-funcken-chronik-consoles/

yeah carbon based lifeforms is good, but a bit too repetitive for me. I used to love it back in the days though. solar field is also in the same label and recommended. in the psy realm, which im bit out of touch, ishq, colourform, shpongle, shulman is all very nice if your into that sort of stuff. I was ten years ago, but ive moved on a bit.

in ambient realm, heres some Id recommend:
vidna obmana: this take some time to get used to the deepness of it all. very rewarding.
gel sol
Bedroom
secede
kettel- volleyed iron
arve henriksen: ambient jazz
proem- till there no breath
proem- before it finds you
hammock
loscil
kiasmos
ametsub
helios
jon hopkins
christopher willits
Lexaunculpt
yagya
muhr

this mix covers a lot of ground in the ambient realm
https://www.mixcloud.com/HeadphoneCommute/roel-funcken-chronik-consoles/

Nice, thanks for the suggestions. Will definitely check these out.

I don't have too much experience listening to ambient, but I was impressed when I first discovered CBL, had never really heard anything like it. I've realized ambient is what I prefer if I'm going deep with a drug and just laying down listening to music.

Other than that, my usual listening is mainly jam bands.

cheers!!!
begin with kettel. hes my favorite artist by far. everthing hes done from 2004 and up is very good on mxe.
then yagya, gel sol, bedroom, proem and secede.
CBL is very spacey and would be considered psychill almost. in that realm, shulman, shpongle, solar field and ishq would be great for you to explore. in the psy realm, midnight soul dive compilation is amazing and feature most of the most prolific in the genre of CBL. I tend to find the artist Ive cited maybe a bit more deep musically and a bit more rewarding but YMMV and the psychill realm is very fun too!
Nice, thanks for the suggestions. Will definitely check these out.

I don't have too much experience listening to ambient, but I was impressed when I first discovered CBL, had never really heard anything like it. I've realized ambient is what I prefer if I'm going deep with a drug and just laying down listening to music.

Other than that, my usual listening is mainly jam bands.

Last edited:
Amazing artist to hole on. At first I thought that lyrics would make it not so suitable for dissos but it's so soothing.. I miss that.

I am a big fan of Autechre and always loved listening to them when baked off my face. Then I listened to them on mushrooms and it took me to another dimension, then I listened to them after inhaling a lot of nitrous oxide the other day and it was a similar experience, I've never done other dissociatives but I imagine they'd be even better. Very alien, otherworldly and multidimensional sounding stuff, especially their more recent material.

I recommend '1 1 is' and 'cloudline' for anyone who's on something now / will be soon who wants to really trip out

[video]http://youtube.com/watch?v=MKFSBN2mRhw[/video]

Last edited:
Any IDM is amazing on dissociatives. Aphex Twin probably my favorite music for any time.

Any IDM is amazing on dissociatives. Aphex Twin probably my favorite music for any time.

aphex twin is soo good! I listen to him every day and have been for years. hes in my top 3 artist. you should explore kettel if you havent. have you listen to his soundcloud stuff, theres some very good new/old tracks he just realeased!

BTW, Miles davis- kind of blue is just so profound on mxe

I love all types of musicc while on disso's but rap/hip hop is always especially appealling due to the slowed down sound being most apparent:

My favourite sounds (to pick individual tracks is too hard) to trip on diss's would be Future/Half Beat, Autonomic, true Liquid DnB, maybe ambient and IDM. For ketamine I've a soft spot for the more euphoric side of trance and minimal techno. Need to relive Richie Hawtin's DE9 Transition in 5.1 on diss's.