• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous The Big & Dandy Microdosing Psychedelics Thread

Microdose talk from the 2017 MAPS conference

Skip the first 2 minutes to avoid an especially painful introduction. Really interesting talk otherwise:

It has been a while since I read Pihkal and Tihkal but I don't remember Shulgin mentioning microdosing.

When I first got into tripping it was big doses all the way, but recently I'm exploring microdosing much more.

My question: since Shulgin titrated his doses from almost 0 to full effect, he should have stumbled upon the fact that very very low doses,although not psychedelic, had some (nootropic) effect, isn't that right?

Anyone has some insights as to why he never mentioned it? (Or has he?)

1/3 of a hit of quality acid, completely melts my face. Too intense, bc of my ptsd, depression, anxiety, etc.

What dose to micro dose acid would you psychonauts recommend?

1/3 of a typical acid dose is definitely no microdose - for most people this would be well above threshold.

I'd recommend using volumetric dosing to accurately find your own microdose. Personally I've found 4-8ug to be my sweet spot. I don't microdose very often but I like it once in a while.

One thing I noticed is that there's this dose around 10-15ug that's a bit aggravating or something. Going doing from that by about 1/2 was the jam for a microdose, and up from that by about 2x was a really nice threshold dose. That was my personal experience anyways.

Daily dosing of ~15ug produced agitated stimulation on days 5 and 6.
Then I read that microdosing is supposed to be done with breaks - oops.

How many days of break do you take between each microdose? What does Fadiman recommend?

Listen to your body. It´s quite unique for every prson in different phases of its life.

I have done all days in a row from months to 1 or 2 microdoses per week. All them work. Or can fuck you up. Mostly work. For beginners, try 2-3 times per week and adjust from there