• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous The Big & Dandy Microdosing Psychedelics Thread

Interesting. I have definitely noticed a rising popularity of microdosing. It intrigued me quite a bit, and I have a good amount of mushies, so I figured I'd go ahead and give it a shot.

I'll probably report back at the end of the day, I plan on microdosing bi-daily if possible.

I've microdosed psilocybin. It's outstanding. There tends to be a more physical feeling than anything. But I've found it enjoyable. For sure.

I've microdosed both mushrooms and LSD. IMO mushrooms worked better but LSD is cheaper & more available to me atm. Microdosing never helped much for focus/concentration, and I didnt like microdosing when I had school because time dilation in class sucks. But it helped immensely for depression and just made life seem better overall. Great for socializing. & tolerance never really developed even when I used 10ug-30ug LSD daily, only when I consumed 50ug+ LSD or .6g-.7g+ mushrooms did I ever experience tolerance increase.

When microdosing mushrooms, approximately how much did you consume? and how often; daily, bi-daily, weekly?

I usually consumed between .3g and .5g of mushrooms for my microdose. .5g would be bordering on threshold psychedelia. And I was microdosing daily unless I had school.

Can you sleep after microdosing LSD?

So i got ahold of some LSD, ive never tried it before but im really itching to try just a microdose tonight! I was thinking in the 15mcg range (i know i will NOT trip with this dose, i just want to feel a little something, ive heard its similar to a low dose adderall which i love!) when would be the soonest i could fall asleep probobably? (Its 10:00pm right now) And would it have any negative effects for when i go to school tomorrow night? (My school is 4-8pm and i have a test!)

You would most likely have to wait 9-14 hours before you could fall asleep, depending on how sensitive to LSD you are.

Low dose can be pretty interesting.
Not as great as a full-blown trip, but i think it is commendable to start low.
I don't know about specific microgram dosages i've tried (i'm highly sceptical of dosages per hit that some people state), but i would imagine that any active dose would keep you awake for a long time.
It's easier to sleep on meth IME ;)

Keep a journal and adjust your dose as necessary. If you adjust your dose make adjustments in small increments. This is especially important during discontinuation. During discontinuation slowly taper your dose over at least 2 weeks.

Keep a journal and adjust your dose as necessary. If you adjust your dose make adjustments in small increments. This is especially important during discontinuation. During discontinuation slowly taper your dose over at least 2 weeks.

When I microdosed mushrooms, I took ~200 mg in the morning but I only did it for a couple of weeks, then stopped, that seemed the sensible thing to do. Then wait for a while before I do it again. What periods of time are you talking about? Weeks, months? How is the tapering important? (Just asking out of curiosity)

The microdosing is very rewarding, I did it after a debilitating depression a couple of years ago and I like to think it was part of my recovery. The effects were very uplifting, my days would be glowing, social situations went a bit more fluently, very positive experiences overall.

I agree with you SteamBoatBill on the importance of keeping a journal when microdosing, even if it's just because I now regret I haven't kept one in the past.

Alright I didn't dose today, I plan on dosing tomorrow. Feel like I kinda messed up my mojo since I got super high on Kratom this morning instead. I have little self-control.

The only thing that would make me think twice about doing this microdose 'experiment' is the fact that I work everyday. I don't think my supervisors would notice anything out of the ordinary, I'm just being a little cautious due to the nature of the drug.

I actually microdosed on days I had work and it never really had any negative or positive effect. Just seemed like a normal shift with slightly heightened sense of sight, hearing ect. I'm usually too busy at work (serving food) to notice my thoughts or any of the effects though. I guess it would depend on the type of work you do. However I am pretty accustomed to the feeling of pretty much any substance in various set/settings since I've been using drugs for 9 years now. So some may not handle microdosing at work well at all like I can.

What periods of time are you talking about? Weeks, months? How is the tapering important?

Consuming psychedelics creates cascades of neurological adaptations. Individual doses create tolerance and the related afterglow. Longer dosing creates longer lasting adaptations. If I have an abnormally strong experience I usually consume approximately 1/2 of the original dose 3-5 days later then 1/4 of the original dose 6-10 days later. With individual normal doses this isn't necessary. The tolerance from repeated dosing works another way.

I treat repeated dosing the same as other serotonergic psychotropic medications. You should consume the medication regularly, you should consume consistent doses, and you shouldn't skip doses. If you take the medications regularly then discontinue abruptly you could experience rebound withdrawals.

Look at your journal and make small adjustments as necessary. Determining cognitive impairment while under the influence of psychotropic drugs is challenging. The best metric I have found is handwriting. If your handwriting is poor then your dose is excessive and your cognitive functioning is suffering too.

Lastly, daily psychedelic dosing occurred in clinical research in the 50s-60s. The therapeutic application of psychedelics consumed approximately every seven days was also researched. You could probably locate papers on this using Google.

Microdosing LSD two days in a row?

Yesterday was my first time ever trying lsd, i wanted to microdose and only did 10mcg but ended up not feeling a thing unfortunately (i have tested tabs that i got from a very reliable source) so i wanted to give it another try today but at 25mcgs, is it safe? Thanks!

You should wait at least a week. The next day you definitely will not feel any effects.

It's kind of a really really low dose still though...

You should wait at least a week. The next day you definitely will not feel any effects.

It's kind of a really really low dose still though...
Yes i understand, although I'm not looking for the classic tripping effects of LSD, ive read the average dosing protocol is 10mcg-30mcg max for microdosing, so im hoping the 25mcg will give me what i want, and i guess ill just have to try next weekend!

You should be fine. If you didn't feel anything your stuff is probably slightly underdosed. Anyway, plenty of people microdose daily, when you're taking such low doses tolerance doesn't build the same way. you can take it the next day.

Thanks for your reply, makes sense. I had a Brugmansia plant once and I used to dry the flowers and smoke tiny bits daily, rolled in joints for a while- I quit that habit when I started giggling and laughing out loud when there was no discernable reason for that behaviour (happened when I was sober) so I feel you on the neurological changes that happen in time (even though this was a completely different class of drugs of course).

I'm afraid my handwriting is bad enough as it is so that wouldn't tell too much but like I said, shame I didn't keep a journal in the past, it's sound advice to keep one.
Those 50s/60s papers sound interesting but a quick glance on the internet learns that finding them will require some Google Fu.
It does remind me of AMT and its use as the prescription anti-depressant Indopan in the USSR, would be interesting to learn more about that. I believe is was prescribed at 5-10mg when a fullblown psychedelic experience starts at 30-40mg for me at least, at those dosages I guess it could be considered a microdosing regimen.

Also, @OP there is this iboga microdosing guide on the dmt-nexus, it's quite interesting in regards of setting your intention, maybe there's some inspiration to be found that would apply to mushrooms and other substances as well:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=52279

Well I ate a dose of about 0.18 this morning, with interesting results. Time dilation did seem present, although it could be due to the fact that I am usually on Kratom during the day, which makes work seem to pass by faster.

I wasn't incredibly social (I'm not a very social person as is) but when I did communicate with others is was rather fluid, when making a joke it was very easy to laugh. I have a monotonous job, and as a result I have lots of time to think while working. Today I seemed to "feel" my emotions a little stronger than usual, emotions came and went and varied from thought to thought. I also seemed to think more in words, while I usually tend to think in images, that's not to say I didn't still think in images today though, because I most certainly did.

I also perceived a slight change in my body, moving was different (and I constantly wanted to move) and my body felt lighter, save for the end of the day.

This is actually pretty interesting. I probably won't dose tomorrow, maybe Sunday.

@Humble Bumble, thanks for sharing the read, I'll be sure to look into that. I skimmed through it and I am intrigued.

You can microdose on LSD multiple days in a row. Myself and other people I know have done this for an entire week, and we still tripped on the last day when we would take a full dose, and we did not get any sort of tolerance to LSD as a lot of people claim to get; but you do get more used to the effects of the drug and know what to expect.

When I was into using drugs-as I'm not now and haven't been for years/a decade or more with certain drugs, I took an extremely high dose of LSD the first time, and then got into micro dosing because I wanted to see what low/moderate doses of acid were like. This was decades before the dark web, or any need for LSD test kits, etc.

Also, take what you hear about LSD ug/mics with a grain of salt. Unless you sent them to an actual lab and had them tested, or were actually involved the actual manufacture/transfer of the LSD to the carrier, the person who sold them does not necessarily know more than you do.

Last edited: