• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxyketamine Thread

I have used neither N-ethylnorketamine nor 2-methoxydeschloroketamine from any vendors. I have no idea what's there inside. My opinion is based on substances used during a small research I did a few years ago.

edit:
To make it clear, in 2008 I did a research on some arylcyclohexylamines and their derivatives. The last time I remember I had two mentioned dissociatives was 2010 (actually it was the reason why I thought about getting my notes together then).

Last edited:
So those reports were all based on genuine bioassays then? Not trying to pick you apart, but any guesses why the batches seem to have such different effects?

Yes, there was a small group of people participating. In the end only part of the research was finished due to inter-faculty problems, not going deep into details. I know my memory may not work 100% good as for concrete dates from that period because of opioids and benzodiazepines.

Batches may vary in effects as there are a few possible ways a chemist could choose when synthesizing these drugs (counting in both the starting materials used and different reagents used later). Also, a proper synthesis doesn't take one day. There are a lot of factors that may have an impact on the quality of the final product such as chosen temperature when heat is needed, chosen solvents etc. I'm sure there are by-products present and it doesn't pay off to clean the final product to gain a few % of purity in the end.

But a decent looking NMR of NEK has been done and I'm no expert but a colleague seemed to think they looked right. I'm still inclined to think that the batch is dodgy but how exactly is eluding me.

The compound is the compound. A couple of % impurity doesn't account for the differences we're seeing here. Did you have access to analytical instruments at all or were you working from published syntheses and hoping your recovered product was what you expected?

I've copied my response here from the NENK thread, as it is pertinent. I stand by my diagnosis, as do others actually doing work in this field. Just don't add up. . .

"Would you comment "hey here are a bunchnof reports i just made up based on SAR speculation and basic arylcyclohexylamine knowledge?" I doubt it. There are many inconsistencies in his reports that caused skepticism in those also working with these substances, and now that a few of these analogs have hit the market big time and are in complete contrast to his reports there is no doubt his write up is fiction. BTCP, bromadol? Gimme a break. Notice how he covered all the well known modifications, and theN after methoxetamine was release edited his post to include n something very similar? Several more of his "reports" don't match up to actual trials with these substances. Sorry, but I, and many others, call bullshit.

Trust beagle, hugo24, and a few others from the old days, not some young kid also claiming to work with fentanyl analogs as a teenager. Seriously? Book knowledge and speculation is one thing. Claiming these as actual human trials is downright wrong."

I haven't edited my post after methoxetamine appeared on vendors menu. If it has been edited, I added neither an N-modified analogue nor any analogue. I was totally unaware what "methoxetamine" stood for when it was released and you can find a post confirming that. It'd be 2-(ethylamino)-2-(3-methoxyphenyl)cyclohexanone for me if I were to post an information on it. I hadn't done that because I hadn't taken methoxetamine by then.

If you find my report on N-ethylnorketamine non-consistent with the effects produced by "NENK", "NEK", or "ethylketamine" released by vendors who are actually as trustworthy as a stranger met in the Internet, that's your problem. Have they ever released some more information to you, so it justifies you hurling accusation like that and calling me "some young kid"? Also, please read with understanding, those were general reports based on experiences coming from various people and they were hardly meant to provide the ins and outs of the psychological effects of all those compounds. It's hard to get the same report from different people on a dissociative or psychedelic, they're not opioids. Not that I'm trying or going to try convincing you I'm right, it doesn't matter to me what you believe in.

The compound is the compound. A couple of % impurity doesn't account for the differences we're seeing here. Did you have access to analytical instruments at all or were you working from published syntheses and hoping your recovered product was what you expected?

It's doubtful what you buy from an online vendor is a single compound. A product is not essentially a compound. Impurities may be other arylcyclohexylamines that are either left-overs from the synthesis or added on purpose to make a product stronger and then a few % may change the overall experience (why not add N-ethyl-deschloronorketamine to N-ethylnorketamine or deschloroketamine to 2-methoxydeschloroketamine? the side effect is making the product "duller"). "2-MK" is almost certainly not just e.g. 98% pure 2-methoxydeschloroketamine hydrochloride salt. These people make money on selling RCs, it's hard to expect them to be perfectly honest with their customers.

My colleague and I did use existing papers on syntheses of various arylcyclohexylamines, it's perfectly fine with law, but it would be unacceptable to work with substances not tested with a spectroscopic technique. Definitely unacceptable in academic research.

Adder I want to side with you over some dodgy vendors you clearly know your science and technology vendor in question refused to even show me an NMR but a small impurity is not accounting for the massive discrepancies between your reports and current ones. Whatever happens to potency or effects of this compound, an extra carbon should not cause the agonising pain upon insufflation.

That's the proton NMR for the NENK on sale at the moment, taken independently. Would you not agree that looks pretty damn good? I doubt anyone will be able to compare it to a prediction while we're in the christmas break but even to those who can't assign peaks you can see there's only one compound in there.

I think there are plenty of people here who really do want to believe you, but the facts just don't seem to line up. I would be interested to know how you analysed it, perhaps someone could run a comparison of the current material with the same technique,.

[snip] but a small impurity is not accounting for the massive discrepancies between your reports and current ones. Whatever happens to potency or effects of this compound, an extra carbon should not cause the agonising pain upon insufflation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't follow the RC scene and I don't visit all threads on ketamine analogues, that'd be really time-consuming. I had this one subscribed. I don't know exact problems stuff from vendors present. I haven't seen spectroscopy work on "NENK", so I haven't analysed it either (and I'm not good at it which I posted about earlier). I don't follow the N-ethylnorketamine thread. As for suggested impurities present in the product, it's a purely theoretical explanation for the product causing effects different from those of the compound supposed to be there. "One carbon difference" may yield a compound with substantially different pharmacokinetics and/or pharmacodynamics, e.g. morphine vs. codeine and in the arylcyclohexylamines series - enlarge the cyclohexyl ring and you end up with something very weak comparatively, add one methyl group at position 2 or 4 in the cyclohexyl ring and the result is opposite. Thus, one carbon can make a difference.

I don't find myself in a position to comment on everything betting my life, I'm well aware that there are much more knowledgeable people here having an access to a lab any time they want. If some line in my post reads "was done", it doesn't mean I did it by myself, e.g. no spectroscopy work was done by me, it takes a lot of time and practice to master this branch of science. Anyway, if I desperately wanted to prove myself right, I guess I would have to violate the terms of agreement I ticked registering here and violate law, releasing materials just like that without essential papers. And it doesn't necessarily concern sharing syntheses patterns used per se but the university rights. There are many students here and many graduates, and I believe the law in the UK or in the US doesn't differ much in this aspect from the law in Poland. Students can't publish anything by themselves, they need an advisor who has a degree in concrete field of science higher than Master of Science. I have posted I'm no longer a student of chemistry and I don't study at my old university either any more. Gaining various permissions and posting content violating BL rules somewhere else simply isn't worth the trouble to embarrass some people (I'm currently preoccupied with something needing as much devotion as chemistry needs). It's not important for me to be recognised here as a superbly talented chemist or whatever. I've never considered my works to be special and I don't feel a need to boost my ego because I feel underestimated. I've never posted here or on forums on chemistry to gain popularity. I can take criticism but offence isn't a part of constructive criticism. Everyone has a right to disagree with me, but I don't think showing disagreement needs additional titles as "some young kid", which was definitely used in a pejorative way (I am young but I'm not a child or teenager either), or "bullshit".

edit:
"I haven't seen spectroscopy work on "NENK", so I haven't analysed it either" that goes to: "I hadn't seen it by then, so I haven't analysed it". The image didn't load before I hit "Post Reply". Still, I would have to pass it to my colleague and discuss it with him to give you my honest opinion sounding like I know what I'm writing about.

Last edited:
Calm down dude I'm not fussed either way. I don't believe the current compound is NENK but I was hoping someone with your knowledge might offer some insight.

And it doesn't necessarily concern sharing syntheses patterns used per se but the university rights. There are many students here and many graduates, and I believe the law in the UK or in the US doesn't differ much in this aspect from the law in Poland. Students can't publish anything by themselves, they need an advisor who has a degree in concrete field of science higher than Master of Science.
the rules for publishing a scientific paper are the same all around the world: you have to pass the peer-review process. your degree doesn't matter.

Has any one considered that the difference between Adders (or adders freinds) experiences with 2MDK and NENK, and the verified pure batches coming from legit vendors, could be that they contain different ratio's of isomer's because of different route's of synthesis.

I personally think there's a huge variance in different pure batches of normal ketamine. And as I understand it, it's now accepted as fact that this stems from the difference in effect from the 2 isormers of ketamine.

some time after puting on my gum ~1mg i proceeded to test a tiny 20mg line 5-6 minutes later a light headadness and peacefulness but nothing too obvious but also definatly not placebo. i have a high tolerance and don't feel even this from 20mg ketamine, but it has been more than a month since i have taken any dissociative.
later tongint i will make a proper test and after that attemt to hole...

^ Can't wait to hear what you've to say after further testing!

500mgs railed keta style everrty few minuthse i it s almoast ketamine , same eufroa feelign calm but with no hole, i did it a line a time ip too 600mg very ketamkney feeellgkmg tnat one leg i the hole but not feells sooos clooose its like tourere added mxd nneeed m

^I think its working.

wow. so on its own 500mg got me where 300mg of ketamin would(no hole but very close) so i aded 25/25mgs mxe&3meopcp + another 100mg 2meo and i was there! k holed like i haven't from a very looong time.
my conclusion not a strong as ketamine but the closes thing you would get and definatly worth for comboes. only problem with the mxe/3meo combo is that later in the night i realized i unknowingly dosed myself with 25c, it turned out to be a awseoum trip and all but be caferfull this combo is most likely not recomened... and for the recored my the doses are very high i have high tolerance and they should not be taken as dosege advice. if i wasn't in the comfort of my home some very bad things might have happend lol

600mgs of 2-MeO-K along with 25mgs MXE AND 25mgs 3-MeO-PCP sounds like a damn big load to me and i honestly don't think this K-derivate is much better than NEK. But we'll see what others say, i'm not really tempted tbh...

But thanks for sharing your experiences!