• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxyketamine Thread

N-ethylnorketamine, N-ethylketamine, ethylketamine and NEK are all the same thing. Starting with the most technically correct and finishing with the least.

N-ethylnorketamine is the most correct because technically N-ethylketamine indicates that you have normal (methyl) ketamine and an ethyl group on the nitrogen. norketamine is the name for ketamine without that methyl. N-ethylnorketamine is the name for ketamine with an ethyl group replacing the methyl group.

I am really confused, so is there a difference betweem n-ethyl-ket, and ethyl-ket and nethyl-nor-ket?? anyone??? if there is, whats the difference in potency, uk legality etc???

I found this picture, can anyone confirm if it's correct?
mricY.jpg

I am really confused, so is there a difference betweem n-ethyl-ket, and ethyl-ket and nethyl-nor-ket?? anyone??? if there is, whats the difference in potency, uk legality etc???

I found this picture, can anyone confirm if it's correct?
mricY.jpg

The picture is correct, and all n-ethyl-ket, ethyl-ket and n-ethyl-norketamine are all the same compound, which is currently legal in the UK.

It's been a while since I did chemistry and even when I did I wasn't great but am I wrong in saying that in the picture above "NEK" and "Ethylketamine" are exactly the same... why include the same picture twice and labelled differently, makes more sense to do the picture once and list all its names?

It's been a while since I did chemistry and even when I did I wasn't great but am I wrong in saying that in the picture above "NEK" and "Ethylketamine" are exactly the same... why include the same picture twice and labelled differently, makes more sense to do the picture once and list all its names?
probably the guy who compiled the picture didn't realize that both compounds are actually the same.

Just a warning to anyone out there thinking of doing large amounts of this 2-MeO-Ketamine.

Last night Swim took 400mg intranasal from a trusted supplier listed with CAS no. (7063-51-6) as Methoxyketamine or 2-MeO-2-deschloroketamine of the arylcyclohexylamine class first reported in 1963. It is an analog of ketamine in which the chlorine atom has been replaced with a methoxy group.

He had also taken 2xPyrazolams to reduce anxiousness from another trusted supplier half an hour earlier, which, in all due fairness, probably caused the blackout and was half if not all of the reason behind this experience.

In an attempt to K-Hole he snorted around 400mg in the space of 20 mins which if was normal Ket would do the trick nicely. He has tried this substance at lower dosages and had ok experiences but never as nice as genuine Ketamine and much longer lasting with a similar starkness and lingering affects similar to those of MXE. He also finds he cannot articulate himself properly for a good 6 hours after having come round. Another strange affect noticed is that he cannot usually sleep for hours after dose and this was another reason for the Pyrazolams, which, just to note, he has also done in combination with this substance before and been fine but not in such large amounts.

Dose was taken at around 10.30pm and Swim enjoyed the usual pleasant effects and watched some of Prometheus before drifting into a nice hole/sleep. He then awoke at 5.30am and had to be rushed to A&E after heart and breathing ceased.

Swim was awoken from sleep/K-hole (according to a good friend (also a trained firefighter)) screaming at which point Swim went motionless had no pulse and stopped breathing. His pupils then rapidly dilated which he believes to be a sure sign of lack of oxygen to the brain. His friend then called 999 and on the phone was about to begin resuscitation when he found a weak pulse that gradually strengthened. Swim apparently then took two short breaths followed by a deep gulp of air and began breathing of his own accord and luckily Swims friend did not have to begin the process.

The paramedics arrived and Swim vaguely remembers leaving his room on a stretcher, the trip to A&E in the ambulance and then waking up on a drip. He can remember being asked the usual questions that are asked such as what is your name, when is your date of birth etc. and remembers knowing the answer but being unable to articulate it as is often the case when coming around from a K-hole. Swim is now out of hospital and writing this 14 hours later feeling rather sketchy but very grateful to be alive and even more grateful to his good friend for being on hand at the time.

One thing Swim clearly remembers is a full K-hole or near death experience just before awaking in his room but is unsure whether this was the drugs or a genuine NDE. It was certainly not the same as the NDE's experienced on genuine Ketamine and cannot be described adequately with the use of the English language although he clearly remembers feeling extremely at peace and fully accepting of the fact that he had ceased to exist in the human form.

This is more of a warning to anyone out there trying this substance. Please be extremely careful if taking in large dosages especially if the substance feels like that of which was described earlier when taken in smaller amounts.

Peace out and please all be extremely careful if experimenting with RC's. Swim will certainly not be trying this one again if any.

Please don't use SWIM. Not only does it not protect you, but it makes your posts hard to read - and as such it isn't allowed here at Bluelight.

Also, trip reports belong in the Trip Reports forum - though you can then link to the thread here if you feel like it :)

mahoosive bendah, your post was unhelpful and not very constructive so I've removed it. Please don't post useless one-liners like that.

"Apparently" its making a re-appearance this week. I'm skeptical as fuck though.

yea thats what my fav. source has announced as well Im looking forward to finally be able to try it out Real 2 meo Ketamine Not the bullshit thats been out already

so there is some available atm in the freebase form... could someone speculate why it is offered like this rader than hcl or something ? :)

Well I have received 2 grams of this substance from an extremelely reputable source. It is white and powdery, not quite as granular as good mxe as stated above.

Sadly I have been hitting the k all day so it's not a great comparison. I tried a small allergy test earlier and despite my better judgement, given I have to get up and be civil to the in laws tomorrow lol, decided to give it a go.

I eyeballed two large ketamine sized lines, maybe 150mg total. Had half if one, left it ten to be sure i wasn't going to stitch myself up and then smashed the rest. Felt a slight ketamine ish feeling but nothing amazing. Racked up another 150-200mg and the effect seem mild to say the least. Actually there's very little there at all.

150mg of k gets me nicely wonky but twice that dose felt extremely mild. It stings a little bit when it hits your nose but the drip feels much less caustic than regular k, nowhere near the nasal assault of NEK. This pleases me at least.

I am going to reserve judgement until I have brought my k tolerance down a bit but I think, at this point it seems just a bit shit. :-(

Oh and I just noticed its XMAS. Merry Xmas everyone.

I think taking ketamine before definitely had an influence on your experience of 2-methoxydeschloroketamine (too bad mexamine is already taken). I guess you wouldn't feel straight ketamine well either when re-dosing.

My judgement about 2-MeO-deschloroketamine seems to differentiate from most opinions so far. I don't know what this "2-MeO-ketamine" sold now consists of as a matter of fact. Back in 2010, the structure was confirmed with NMR spectroscopy. I wasn't under some great impression either, but it wasn't so bad as it seems to be for most. I snorted it a few times (from a small reference dose to 200mg) and injected i.m. twice (50mg and 100mg). On a weight basis it was similar to ketamine. 100mg of ketamine = "deep" K-Hole for me and 100mg of 2-MeO-deschloroketamine intramuscularly was also enough for a "hole". It didn't feel uncomfortable at any point, it wasn't stronger in feeling, it wasn't markedly lighter. By "hole" I mean a general state in which I don't pay attention to my body at all, there's a feeling of floating / hovering / hanging in some undetermined space, time perception is disturbed, and there are characteristic hallucinations present, euphoria is not always present. Intensity of these feelings varies depending on the substance. 2-methoxydeschloroketamine felt "deep" as for losing connection with the body, euphoria was somehow lacking in comparison to ketamine (2-bromo would probably be more euphoric if electronegativity of chlorine in ketamine is the deciding factor), but there wasn't any dysphoria to it either (subjectively one could describe any dissociative state as dysphoric), it left me rather indifferent.

Methoxy group here has definitely a lower negative charge on oxygen than chloro has in ketamine. Chlorine has a positive impact on MOP receptors affinity and it shortens duration of action. Thus, long story short such a small difference may result in less dopamine (and less satisfaction from the experience), so maybe that's the snag.

I came to a conclusion "why bother with 2-methoxydeschloroketamine if ketamine is easily synthesized in comparison and it's better?". The only reason now may be legality but as this substance has the same dissociative properties, it will shortly be made illegal if it spreads (I'm not sure if it does seeing so many problems with releasing it). Anyway, I thought about using ketamine on the New Year's Eve. And if I had a choice between ketamine and 2-methoxydeschloroketamine, I would definitely not go for the latter, but it's a passable substitute.

so maybe this could be a less addicting ketamine? this would be very nice

You've summed up my feeling exactly there mate. I know having taken k previously means i didn't have a good comparison but comparable amounts left me feeling indifferent, it is markedly similar, maybe indistinguishable from ketamine to people inexperienced with dissociatives, however, given the fact it will shortly be scheduled, costs the same as top end street k, I just can't see the point.

I have a feeling this one will just sink without trace

I think it will be just as addicting as ketamine. I can see no reason why people wouldn't be able to get psychologically addicted to this the same as k, other than once they try k they will get addicted to that instead because it just does the job better

Last edited by a moderator:
however, given the fact it will shortly be scheduled, costs the same as top end street k, I just can't see the point.

I have a feeling this one will just sink without trace
don't forget that there are alot of countries without "street" k, where i am it was easy some years ago to get pharamacy grade but it is becoming increasingly difficult, so such a product may have it's users

don't forget that there are alot of countries without "street" k, where i am it was easy some years ago to get pharamacy grade but it is becoming increasingly difficult, so such a product may have it's users
That's true, it's increasingly difficult to get good k on the street round here (UK) anyway. I think that this product will be banned so quickly that it'll just be easier to get Ket.
This will sell as long as it is easily available. Once it becomes as illegal to source as Ketamine is, I doubt anybody will be bothering

Adder what's your opinion on the current batch of N-Ethyl-Norketamine? I find it hard to believe the SAR was so far off.