View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread - The 3rd Dose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever I have told ANYBODY who might be trying the drug what it was I would say this "It's called Methoxetamine, it is a chemical ANALOGUE--which means it's of related chemical structure--of Ketamine." Then I would attempt to describe the feeling of it and how long it lasts, what not to combine it with and so forth. I wouldn't ever give something to someone without them knowing what it was, that's just not a good thing to do.

^When im out and fool i've never met says "yo what you on tonight u look fucked up" i am surely not responding anything close to
poppyllama said:
say this "It's called Methoxetamine, it is a chemical ANALOGUE--which means it's of related chemical structure--of Ketamine." Then I would attempt to describe the feeling of it and how long it lasts, what not to combine it with and so forth. I wouldn't ever give something to someone without them knowing what it was, that's just not a good thing to do.
but yea the chosen few who i select to let experiment of course would get a full explanation to what it was.
Im going to tell random guy "im on <insert easy to say slang term>" and keep on goin.

I believe we've already grasped all the angles of the argument including yours, wich has been stated prior by someone else :)

Last edited:
MXE first time question

Assuming a guy has a tolerance to DXM from a 600mg/day habit over a couple months, he quits the DXM for a week (thanking God DXM is an easy quit compared to that fucking Opana!) - are there any cross tolerance issues or other concerns/advice for his first MXE experience?

What can I take to sleep?? every time I use RC, I can not sleep ...

MXE for some causes sleeplessness...
but use this:

Unisom(get the tabs containing Doxylamine Succinate, not the gels which contain icky dipenhydramine)

It's supposed to have a higher efficacy than some barbiturates...via the wiki.

Idk cause I've never had any barbs, but the stuff definitely works the best. Melatonin can help, but some of the RC's just overwhelm it's mechanism of action.

Hope this helps

There will be a cross tolerance to the NMDA blocking (dissociative) and antinicotinic (loss of motor control) side, yes.

I can sleep on MXE, problem there. But it's reeeally weird. Those nights are filled with vivid, convoluted dreams on the verge of total lucidity, long persistent storylines instead of a string of short hazy scenes without continuity, with a strong tendency towards bizarre and disturbing imagery. Not recommended for the faint of heart hehe. I'm not sure if I just can salvage a higher percentage of my dream material or if the substance is tinting the experience itself, probably both to some degree.

I can sleep on MXE, problem there. But it's reeeally weird. Those nights are filled with vivid, convoluted dreams on the verge of total lucidity, long persistent storylines instead of a string of short hazy scenes without continuity, with a strong tendency towards bizarre and disturbing imagery. Not recommended for the faint of heart hehe. I'm not sure if I just can salvage a higher percentage of my dream material or if the substance is tinting the experience itself, probably both to some degree.

Sounds like seroquil dreams.

3,4-Methylenedioxymethamphetamine was given a street name, first mdma and then ecstasy

Lysergic acid diethylamide was given a street name, first LSD and then acid.
...and both were subsequently banned. Pattern?

I've seen this drug referred to as 3-MeO-2-Oxo-PCE a few times in various places. Now, perhaps I'm being dense, but wouldn't that refer to this (impossible) compound:
NSFW:
2j6aj47.jpg

? The 2 position, after all, presumably being adjacent to the 3 position.

First try last night with 10mg under my tongue. Cognitive impairment noticed first, followed rapidly by opioid fuzzybunniness. Some (not entirely pleasant) stimulation followed, reminded me of tramadol (which I don't like). Pleasant space on the whole though, couldn't get to sleep but didn't mind, nice fantasy. Prefer it to an equipotent dose of ket (though that's not saying much, I don't think much of low dose ket unless combined with a serotonergic), the MOR activity brings a little warmth IMO. Nothing sexual for me, in fact definite anaphrodisia. Obviously everything was mild at this dose, look forward to titrating up.

It can be very funny trying to say 'methoxetamine' whilst on methoxetamine though =D To be honest, methoxetamine, however awkward to pronounce, is the street name for what is actually 3-MeO-2-Oxo-PCE.

And I'd agree with Delsyd on the point that marketing MXE to the legal high crowd on the street would only be a bad idea, and it would almost certainly serve to bring about the end of MXE as a legal RC.

Err... all "RC'S" are set to become illegal towards end of the year and sadly there is nothing we can do about ( in fact the govt had said this would have happened already). Any substance discussed on here or any similar forum will almost certainly fall foul of the quarantine laws proposed.

Hey guys, just dropping in to say that there are two new experience reports on Erowid with methoxetamine. One guy basically says "Meh.." while the other combines an insane dose with 2.5 grams of shrooms. It's a really interesting read: Mother Earth Father Space

What about 3'-MeO-2-Oxo-PCE, according to Adders nomenclature in this thread?
Ideally, one single name ('Methoxetamine' seems to be used most frequently, but speaking in general) would be preferred, just to avoid possible confusion/misinterpretation. The 'Meth-', '-ox-', '-etamine' etc. parts in the variety of proposed street names could theoretically lead the layman to the assumption that it is identical to Methamphetamine, Ketamine, Tiletamine, or one of the 3'-methoxylated versions without the oxygen attached to the 2-position, or vice versa (which would be particularly bad). Just think of unlabeled baggies being sold at raves. Mix-ups like that could happen rather easily that way.

Leaving aspects of naming substances aside, it's a fine compound indeed :)

Last edited:
Err... all "RC'S" are set to become illegal towards end of the year and sadly there is nothing we can do about ( in fact the govt had said this would have happened already). Any substance discussed on here or any similar forum will almost certainly fall foul of the quarantine laws proposed.

Source??
Country??

Kinda serious to say without citation sir, I mean most chemicals have been on DEA watch for some time, England recently scheduled their beloved 'meow-meow,' and the JWH series is up for review in many state legislatures.

Those are specific instances, and highly warranted in the case of mephedrone and JWH's after OD's and rampant use began peppering blogs, columns and later, headlines.

So I would like to know the above questions:
1. where did you get the info?
2. What country is this applicable to?
3. What route of review is it under? (fuck emergency scheduling if so...)
4. under what stipulations is this happening???

Please reply and berate me if necessary; you'll have to lift me out from under the rock first;)

Hey guys, just dropping in to say that there are two new experience reports on Erowid with methoxetamine. One guy basically says "Meh.." while the other combines an insane dose with 2.5 grams of shrooms. It's a really interesting read: Mother Earth Father Space

The person started with 3 grams of piracetam. Not surprising he had to take high doses of MXE. I use piracetam in the end of my journeys to come down and hopefully protect my brain. It's pretty efficient in blocking the dissociative effects.

Source??
Country??

Kinda serious to say without citation sir, I mean most chemicals have been on DEA watch for some time, England recently scheduled their beloved 'meow-meow,' and the JWH series is up for review in many state legislatures.

Those are specific instances, and highly warranted in the case of mephedrone and JWH's after OD's and rampant use began peppering blogs, columns and later, headlines.

So I would like to know the above questions:
1. where did you get the info?
2. What country is this applicable to?
3. What route of review is it under? (fuck emergency scheduling if so...)
4. under what stipulations is this happening???

Please reply and berate me if necessary; you'll have to lift me out from under the rock first;)

Dear Sir,

Let me first say I am not one to berate anyone for anything.

Here is a link http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...egal-high-drugs-to-be-banned-immediately.html

Now I do not know whether this will happen or not but I think that it seems pretty obvious that something along these lines is going to happen very soon. I think this was proposed to happen before now but perhaps they have seen certain potential problems with this kind of sweeping powers.

There are alot of 'daily mail' readers in this country (UK) who create enough hysteria about these kinds of chemicals to warrant them rushing some ill-thought out legislation without much protestation from people to stop it.

all the best

Perhaps the fact that we are currently in a coalition government between two parties that have traditionally opposite (ish) views on drugs has caused the proposed legislation to drift indefinitely. The Lib Dems may have made it difficult for the law in question to get passed.

Although in hindsight, the law was invented under the old Labour government. We haven't really seen or heard much in the way of drugs legislation at all since the election. More pressing issues to sort out first, I presume.

Also the fallout from the whole mephedrone saga, how it was handled, how it had no effect on its use, would make any integrity-preserving politician shy away from the subject.

Methoxetamine may well remain legal for years :D

Last edited:
the only thing that worries me about this 1 is that it fucks with your hearing and i keep finding out that basically every drug that fucks with your hearing is ototoxic (ie gives you permanent hearing loss).

dunno if that is true of DiPT btw. no research i assume.

need to start doing Hi-Frequency DPOAEs on myself... too bad i didn't do them before I started taking this stuff..:!:D

feeling a good afterglow from it. was very twisted last night, but somehow the day after ive been feeling very euphoric and generally contemt with life. currently drunk and feeling damn good

Colt Dan, is this due to overuse, or ill effects from use??

its due to being a bit unstable from a few years of drug abuse, generally stims etc. ive not over used this stuff, infact i hardly ever do it. recommend this stuff in small amounts. but its very strange... not to be underestimated. never felt anything quite like it. last night it turned me into a robot, no emotions, very sloppy and feeling quite odd

Status
Not open for further replies.