View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread - The 3rd Dose

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can readily testify that this stuff is very psychologically addictive (at least for me). It's just so damn beautiful! Unfortunately after dosing quite heavily (~200mg spread over the day) for 5 days in a row my tolerance has increased considerably - to the point where 100mg lines feel like the 25mg lines I was doing when I started. Obviously a tolerance break is in order.

But, I am wondering what the timeframe is for a reasonable (not necessarily complete, if thats even possible) tolerance reduction? Has anyone used this chem for extended periods, gone cold turkey and then started dosing again after a break? How long was the break you took and how effective was it?

I'm a little concerned that tolerance will take an age to subside, if it's anything like ket then FUUUUUUUU-

I can readily testify that this stuff is very psychologically addictive (at least for me). It's just so damn beautiful! Unfortunately after dosing quite heavily (~200mg spread over the day) for 5 days in a row my tolerance has increased considerably - to the point where 100mg lines feel like the 25mg lines I was doing when I started. Obviously a tolerance break is in order.

But, I am wondering what the timeframe is for a reasonable (not necessarily complete, if thats even possible) tolerance reduction? Has anyone used this chem for extended periods, gone cold turkey and then started dosing again after a break? How long was the break you took and how effective was it?

I'm a little concerned that tolerance will take an age to subside, if it's anything like ket then FUUUUUUUU-

At least for me the tolerance issue is a completely different story than with ketamine. The tolerance do go back after a couple of weeks. But ket is completely hopeless. My basic dissociative tolerance today was set by a ketamine period i had over a year ago. I dose the same now (2-3X what normal people take) as when i started with MXE in october, if i take a couple of weeks off.

Firmly in the 'too good to be true' camp on this one these days :S Absolutely love mxe but as things stand it seems like it can't be as benign and brilliant as it appears. Also, since there's next to no hangover for me it's dangerous because I can do it on a school night (not literally btw I'm the wrong end of my 30s!) and have no adverse effect next day.

The Mrs and I have been hitting it about every other day for a week or so now and tolerance is starting to rear its head even though we haven't gone above 40mg in one go. These days though we tend to do 2x30mg or thereabouts to get where we want to be but last night even that didn't take me there so I feel it's time for a break :(

Does anyone think there will be any 'research' or even remotely educated guesswork regarding the potential negatives of this substance? I know it's an RC therefore all bets are off and it's probably too late to worry anyway but maaaan this shit is too good!! :D

Firmly in the 'too good to be true' camp on this one these days :S Absolutely love mxe but as things stand it seems like it can't be as benign and brilliant as it appears. Also, since there's next to no hangover for me it's dangerous because I can do it on a school night (not literally btw I'm the wrong end of my 30s!) and have no adverse effect next day.

The Mrs and I have been hitting it about every other day for a week or so now and tolerance is starting to rear its head even though we haven't gone above 40mg in one go. These days though we tend to do 2x30mg or thereabouts to get where we want to be but last night even that didn't take me there so I feel it's time for a break :(

Does anyone think there will be any 'research' or even remotely educated guesswork regarding the potential negatives of this substance? I know it's an RC therefore all bets are off and it's probably too late to worry anyway but maaaan this shit is too good!! :D

Personally, I found the only major downside of MXE was the huge strain it put on the relationships between the people I love when they found out I was using it. Although that issue has been cleared up quite successfully by a counselling session, be aware that others may not look too kindly on you using a 'wonder drug' with 'seemingly no adverse effects' regularly. If you try to argue that to the wrong people, you come across as deluded druggie waste of space, and sometimes the wrong people are people you care quite a bit about.

This stuff really does confuse me and makes me feel like a different person. But what I like most about it is how optimistic it makes me feel about my future:)

Music sounds pretty awesome on it, similar to how it sounds on LSD, but on LSD there's no guarantee I can devote my focus on the music, but with MXE I can!

This stuff really does confuse me and makes me feel like a different person. But what I like most about it is how optimistic it makes me feel about my future:)

Music sounds pretty awesome on it, similar to how it sounds on LSD, but on LSD there's no guarantee I can devote my focus on the music, but with MXE I can!

I've had times on MXE where I became people I knew, people I had worked with that day. I honestly couldn't remember who I was, and kept flitting through the persona's of my friends, trying to find which one fitted best. That was quite creepy.

^ wtf, ive had EXACTLY that. personality changes, splits, you feel like you become somebody else... or simply not yourself anymore. i felt like i had turned into my friend who i had spent the day with. his voice replaced mine in my head. it became quite confusing. kind of bad, like a bad trip when stoned or something. i dont think it would go down too well with people who have underlying mental issues. however it did feel anxiety free in the end, and it passed... until everything became new looking and fresh, and i felt like myself again. very trippy and weird

it also seems to kinda mimic other drugs. sometimes it feels like being drunk, sometimes it feels like being drunk and stoned with all the deep thoughts, sometimes it has a hint of DMT with the electric feeling and liquid movements... sometimes it feels like a small amount of nitrous with alcohol...sometimes its given me the body high of MDMA... then i dose again and it "layers" and bumps me up a level which feels different... i swear it has a "mind of its own" or perhaps its just sent me insane a few times lol. its fuckin amazing stuff. definitely to be treated with respect. have had some excellent experiences from it though, amazing body high, euphoria, intense music appreciation, everything felt epic and adventurous again like i was a child at christmas. very giggly and smiley. very relaxed and "guarded" feeling, felt protected and invinsible. almost perfect. and quite numb

^ wtf, ive had EXACTLY that. personality changes, splits, you feel like you become somebody else... or simply not yourself anymore. i felt like i had turned into my friend who i had spent the day with. his voice replaced mine in my head. it became quite confusing. kind of bad, like a bad trip when stoned or something. i dont think it would go down too well with people who have underlying mental issues. however it did feel anxiety free in the end, and it passed... until everything became new looking and fresh, and i felt like myself again. very trippy and weird

Ketamine is proven to produce symptoms of schizophrenia in people (rubber glove test and all that). This particular effect of MXE definitely runs along the same lines of false ownership.

Try MXE and see what it's like to have a crippling case of schizophrenia! It's not pleasant I can assure you!

I've just had a thought....could chronic use of methoxetamine cause psychosis and schizophrenia? If you're constantly in that state of mind, things might become a little permanent.

We are the research :)

it also seems to kinda mimic other drugs. sometimes it feels like being drunk, sometimes it feels like being drunk and stoned with all the deep thoughts, sometimes it has a hint of DMT with the electric feeling and liquid movements... sometimes it feels like a small amount of nitrous with alcohol...sometimes its given me the body high of MDMA... then i dose again and it "layers" and bumps me up a level which feels different... i swear it has a "mind of its own" or perhaps its just sent me insane a few times lol. its fuckin amazing stuff. definitely to be treated with respect. have had some excellent experiences from it though, amazing body high, euphoria, intense music appreciation, everything felt epic and adventurous again like i was a child at christmas. very giggly and smiley. very relaxed and "guarded" feeling, felt protected and invinsible. almost perfect. and quite numb

100% agree. This is why i call it the pinnacle.

Ketamine is proven to produce symptoms of schizophrenia in people (rubber glove test and all that). This particular effect of MXE definitely runs along the same lines of false ownership.

Try MXE and see what it's like to have a crippling case of schizophrenia! It's not pleasant I can assure you!

I've just had a thought....could chronic use of methoxetamine cause psychosis and schizophrenia? If you're constantly in that state of mind, things might become a little permanent.

Probably, but i think maybe it's less likely than with ketamine. Maybe MXE is less prone to eat up your grey matter.. I think this because i haven't noticed any of this synchronicity-shit that so quickly start to happen when you abuse ketamine.

Or is it because i always end my trips with good doses of piracetam? What does others have to say about this? Any synchronicities after MXE?

Last edited:
i love a (light) opioid with my methoxetamine (or, especially, with ketamine). the opioid can potentiate the dissociative's fantastic body buzz, and vice versa.

could you expand a bit on the effects of the o-desmethyltram? you mentioned you took 80mg insufflated (and/or plugged?), how strong did this feel, did you get any itching or severely constricted pupils? did you have any previous opioid tolerance?

and, how was the methoxetamine/o-desmethyltramadol combination compared to the ketamine/o-desmethyltramadol combination you mentioned earlier? was there any difference in their synergies?

At that dose of o-desmethyltramadol I have found the effects gentle and most noticeable as pain relief, relaxation, hypnagogia on going to bed, deep sleep, super-refreshed in the morning. Mild itching, no noticable pupil constriction. I have no opioid tolerance and barely any experience.

I did have a nice buzz last night, I was like a child in a warm nest made out of a quilt, playing with my favourite toys.

The mxe/o-dmt/k combo was much nicer, rounder and filled out than o-dmt/k alone. I am not in a good position to comment too definitively here though, I had drunk a fairly large gin and then some wine, and also I've been using ketamine fairly regularly for a couple of months at what I thought was moderate doses and I've ended up with a bit of a dissociative tolerance which I noticed tonight after taking 50mg methoxetamine sub-lingually and feeling underwhelmed :( It's been said before but I'll repeat it, tolerance is a bitch; my first few dabbles with MXE were 25mg sending me crazy, but I could probably drive on 50mg now! Don't worry I'm not going to try it. Actually I might just have been impatient as it's kicking in a bit more now! =D Sometimes I do talk shite :p

Last edited:
I don't know, but I would quite like to preserve it. Just in case.

I see.
Well maybe it's just filling, so the brains fit to the scull?... Yeah, gotta be it

I thought we had a problem there, just for a minute ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.