View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread - The 3rd Dose

Status
Not open for further replies.
JM2020: That would be down to Set & Setting, I'd say. Most folks drastically underestimate the effect set and setting have on any drug but psyches especially so. The tiniest differences in just about any aspect of your mental (and indeed physical and emotional) state can make huge differences to the trip - you probably don't even notice most changes cos they're so subtle and/or seemingly unimportant enough to really register. Taking a psychedelic tends to bring them out even though you still may not realise whatever the difference in your set is cos it's so minor. Setting tends to be more obvious - if you trip in a shitty situation it's fairly obvious what the likely cause of a shitty trip would be - but changes in set are incredibly hard to notice unless it's something major.

Agreed, i took about 40mg MXE yesterday and expected to have a fairly euphoric experience but nothing too heavy. I ended up having quite a negative experience about an hour in, feeling extremely edgy, something i don't usually get from MXE. The obvious reason for it was i was in the middle of a possible break up and i wasn't in the right frame of mind to be having a positive experience. Luckily MXE is a fairly forgiving drug so it wasn't as heavy as some other drugs could have been but it definitely wasn't what i was expecting.

Agreed, i took about 40mg MXE yesterday and expected to have a fairly euphoric experience but nothing too heavy. I ended up having quite a negative experience about an hour in, feeling extremely edgy, something i don't usually get from MXE. The obvious reason for it was i was in the middle of a possible break up and i wasn't in the right frame of mind to be having a positive experience. Luckily MXE is a fairly forgiving drug so it wasn't as heavy as some other drugs could have been but it definitely wasn't what i was expecting.

MXE will play on the thoughts and feelings you feel at the time. If something bad is happening in your life, this will provide the theme for the experience. My better MXE experiences came when my mind was clear of troubles, when I was healthy and on top of things. It will also play your day to you like an enhanced power point presentation, and you will observe as characters from that film you watched, and people you met that day parade in front of you, often mixing memories together.

Basically, if your mind is clear, this provides a blank canvas from which the drug creates all sorts of things.

If there's something at the back of your mind, the canvas is no longer blank and the drug will just manifest itself as an exaggeration of this.

This is why individual experiences are always unique, and why some are pleasant and some aren't so.

Anyone else get this... When you've done a fair amout.. 50mg,100mg.....almost feel a vibration, or magnet. And your body is being pulled one way... Like the energy is flowing through you?? Very odd sensation... But still part of this great and unique drug...

Anyone else get this... When you've done a fair amout.. 50mg,100mg.....almost feel a vibration, or magnet. And your body is being pulled one way... Like the energy is flowing through you?? Very odd sensation... But still part of this great and unique drug...

One of my favorite parts. :p It went away as my tolerance went up, but this was when I knew I was closing in on something wonderful. I like the way you put it. It is definitely a vibration, and magnetic is appropriate. Something along the lines of when you would press the degauss button on an old computer monitor, except extended and usually less extreme.

MXE will play on the thoughts and feelings you feel at the time. If something bad is happening in your life, this will provide the theme for the experience.
Yes, but this can also lead to an extremely cathartic and ulitmetly rewarding experience. I just wanted to emphasize this point, as I believe it can be quite useful in therapeutic situations:)

One of my favorite parts. :p It went away as my tolerance went up, but this was when I knew I was closing in on something wonderful. I like the way you put it. It is definitely a vibration, and magnetic is appropriate. Something along the lines of when you would press the degauss button on an old computer monitor, except extended and usually less extreme.

Yeah its pretty cool... Have to admit my favourite ia the warm fuzzy glow after the trip.

Yes, but this can also lead to an extremely cathartic and ulitmetly rewarding experience. I just wanted to emphasize this point, as I believe it can be quite useful in therapeutic situations:)

While I was on MXE I had the courage to get over (or at least to painfully acknowledge) insecurities that were preventing me from forming a closer relationship to two of my friends. It can definitely be an emotionally fulfilling experience.

While I was on MXE I had the courage to get over (or at least to painfully acknowledge) insecurities that were preventing me from forming a closer relationship to two of my friends. It can definitely be an emotionally fulfilling experience.
Yes, very similar experience here. I have come away from my mxe journies with a much better/more positive outlook on life. It is also quite applicable in the treatment of addiction, and not just to substances but to negative feelings and thoughts as well. A most utilitarian instrument indeed%)

this is really interesting for me, and i'd love to see more discussion here about this aspect of MXE.

it's tricky for me when i hear about therapeutic drug use.....

MDMA and psychedelics are what i think of when i hear this, and for me it's been mixed.

i remember having a therapeutic MDMA experience when i was forced into being so happy / at peace that all my emotional barriers evaporated and i could examine everything. ultimately, though, i had to stop MDMA since i was escaping my pains/fears and ended up abusing it.

for psychedelics, a similar story. when i first started and was feeling good already, and the psychedelics pushed me into feeling super good for months after. then, after having some bad - not "difficult" but "bad" trips - i was left for years feeling traumatized and anxious. since then, i've tried to recover by using psychedelics again to "go back into" it and break through/passed it, but to no avail. while they have opened a lot of beautiful concepts to me, i can't tell if their overall effect has been positive or negative. so for now, i've decided to stop psychedelic use until i get my shit figured out. hell, i even used the ultimate therapeutic psych - ibogaine - and while i was happy i did so, i still feel like i need some therapeutic result in my life.

don't mean to ramble on - but how does the therapy of MXE compare with MDMA or psychedelics?

this is really interesting for me, and i'd love to see more discussion here about this aspect of MXE.

....don't mean to ramble on - but how does the therapy of MXE compare with MDMA or psychedelics?
Now I have never experienced ibogaine personally, but from extensive readings/research in the past I would have to say that methoxetamine has the potential to rival that substance in terms of therapeutical value. I actually meant to mention ibogaine in my previous post but forgot to do so:\

Now I have never experienced ibogaine personally, but from extensive readings/research in the past I would have to say that methoxetamine has the potential to rival that substance in terms of therapeutical value. I actually meant to mention ibogaine in my previous post but forgot to do so:\

rival the therapeutic value of ibogaine? damn, you've got my attention. (i don't say thing b/c of my experiences, but because iboga is regarded as the king of this domain)

for these purposes, what would you say is the ideal protocol (dosage, ROA, frequency of use, augmentation, etc), and how does the process work?

another concern i'd like to express (and get comments on) for my particular case, is i'm soon going to receive MXE, but i also started fluoxetine (prozac) two weeks ago.

as far as if the combination is safe, this question has been asked and there have been reassurances that it's ok.

i'm more concerned that say the MXE "works" and i get some long-term therapeutic value from it and thus i won't be able to know if the fluoxetine is working or not. many experience relief from fluoxetine only starting three weeks after starting. on the other hand, i really would like to do it and have a hard time waiting for things. should i take it soon and quickly see if it has a long-term positive effect before fluexetine has a chance to kick, or wait till more weeks/months till fluoxetine kicks in and then explore MXE?

another concern i'd like to express (and get comments on) for my particular case, is i'm soon going to receive MXE, but i also started fluoxetine (prozac) two weeks ago.

as far as if the combination is safe, this question has been asked and there have been reassurances that it's ok.

i'm more concerned that say the MXE "works" and i get some long-term therapeutic value from it and thus i won't be able to know if the fluoxetine is working or not. many experience relief from fluoxetine only starting three weeks after starting. on the other hand, i really would like to do it and have a hard time waiting for things. should i take it soon and quickly see if it has a long-term positive effect before fluexetine has a chance to kick, or wait till more weeks/months till fluoxetine kicks in and then explore MXE?

Try both? Try it out now, see what happens. Try it out in a few weeks/months time and see what happens. If the MXE provides therapeutic value, it could help fill the gap while you're waiting for the fluexetine to kick in proper.

Try both? Try it out now, see what happens. Try it out in a few weeks/months time and see what happens. If the MXE provides therapeutic value, it could help fill the gap while you're waiting for the fluexetine to kick in proper.

i was actually thinking in these terms too, that some benefit i get from MXE could help me from the gap between now and when (and if) fluoxetine kicks in. but it may kick in at any moment, so i wouldn't know if it even works or if MXE does.

if M works and F doesn't, i'd be on F without having to (as in just experiencing side effects) and wouldn't have the likely-useful knowledge of my reaction to F.

if M works and F does, i would lack knowledge of how either of them effect me, and also wouldn't know if M alone is enough and if likewise i'm taking F without having to.

if M doesn't work and F does, that seems like a non-problematic scenario in terms of confusion.

if M doesn't work and F doesn't.... i'm screwed. yes there is therapy and facing fears and all that, but that's already part of my approach and so far i find i can't complete these processes without a huge boost.

BTW, in the above situation, i'm assuming MXE's therapeutic value comes from larger-end one-time or several-time doses versus chronic administration.. no?

i was actually thinking in these terms too, that some benefit i get from MXE could help me from the gap between now and when (and if) fluoxetine kicks in. but it may kick in at any moment, so i wouldn't know if it even works or if MXE does.

if M works and F doesn't, i'd be on F without having to (as in just experiencing side effects) and wouldn't have the likely-useful knowledge of my reaction to F.

if M works and F does, i would lack knowledge of how either of them effect me, and also wouldn't know if M alone is enough and if likewise i'm taking F without having to.

if M doesn't work and F does, that seems like a non-problematic scenario in terms of confusion.

if M doesn't work and F doesn't.... i'm screwed. yes there is therapy and facing fears and all that, but that's already part of my approach and so far i find i can't complete these processes without a huge boost.

BTW, in the above situation, i'm assuming MXE's therapeutic value comes from larger-end one-time or several-time doses versus chronic administration.. no?

How exactly does fluoxetine work? I'm assuming it's a constant, topped up once a week or so? Not a drug experience in and of itself in the way that MXE is. Any theraputic gain from MXE will come in the form of an minor epiphany, from a particular, intense session. This should make quite an apparent marker between what the MXE does and what the fluoxetine does.

How exactly does fluoxetine work? I'm assuming it's a constant, topped up once a week or so? Not a drug experience in and of itself in the way that MXE is. Any theraputic gain from MXE will come in the form of an minor epiphany, from a particular, intense session. This should make quite an apparent marker between what the MXE does and what the fluoxetine does.

yeah, fluoxetine is supposed to give a constant effect (not sure what is meant by "topped up once a week").

i see what you're saying, but here's where the potential confusion of effects comes from: if MXE "works" even if the form of an epiphany, some epiphanies can change results (such as self-esteem) at a constant level, which is also potentially affected by fluoxetine.

also what dosage/ROA should i do?

should i start low or go for a higher dose?

also, should i wait some time in between each administration for tolerance to fade? so say i get it and do 20mg, and then later i want to try 40mg. can i do it the next day, or should i wait?

for ROA i'm thinking sublingual. is having an empty stomach important for absorption? (if sublingual or intranasal is this irrelevant?)

yeah, fluoxetine is supposed to give a constant effect (not sure what is meant by "topped up once a week").

i see what you're saying, but here's where the potential confusion of effects comes from: if MXE "works" even if the form of an epiphany, some epiphanies can change results (such as self-esteem) at a constant level, which is also potentially affected by fluoxetine.

Ah yeah, there would be that element of confusion. Well obviously then, if you want to know which does what wait a few weeks and then try the MXE. In that case, the fluoxetine could possibly enhance the therapeutic value of MXE.

However, if you just want some therapeutic effects and not overly fussed about where they originated, try the MXE now. The fluexetine should provide a more constant, chemical improvement to your self-esteem. The MXE may provide a more psychological improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.