View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread - The 3rd Dose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't help me or anyone else really - can't exactly do drug IDs over t'interwebz. Feel free to send a sample for proper testing though ;)

"Crunchy" suggests a fairly crystalline structure to me which I would be wary of, but smooth and well-ground sounds right. When it comes down to it one white powder looks much like another really. FWIW, the fake batch I came across was very clearly crystalline in structure. At least partly - was a mix of fine crystal and white powder which made me think it was probably a mixture of things. I kinda knew it wasn't actually MXE before taking it hence having to blame nobody but myself for being stooopid enough to not just toss it out. But free drugs...

All the legit samples I've had have been very white, very finely powdered and somewhat sticky or clumpy (although not actually sticky - not like jam or owt but tends to stick a bit to razors, cards, boards etc). Perhaps unsurprisingly, it kinda looks like very well fluffed ketamine to me. And tastes of pink. The latter may be somewhat hard to quantify though...

As far as I know, there is little or nothing to fear from "official" suppliers - it's the chancers I'd avoid. It's cropping up on plenty sites now that look just as shady as their products would appear to be...

Is there a Marquis reaction or similar that may help with positive identity, folks?

Ha! Oddly enough that was gonna be the gist of my reply :D

Given your circumstances it did sound more dopamine-related than SS - SS is full-on delirium for hours combined with agonising pain and a temperature high enough to boil yourself alive in your own organs to death (literally - that's what kills ya). It's not something you quibble about if it happens - you just thank fuck you are still breathing and it's finally ended 24-36 hours later. Subtle it ain't...

Funny on the "Dopamine Syndrome" thing. I've long thought there is such a thing. Nowhere near as obviously lethal as SS but plenty enough to scare the living crap out of anyone. Massive dopamine overdose seems to be more likely to cause plain ol' psychosis than a physical/mental syndrome a la serotonin though. Maybe a chemistry bod could chip in?

And glad you're feeling better now - whatever it was was clearly horrid in the extreme <3

I can go into plenty more detail with regards to what actually happened.

I took 100mg 5-APB. Waited for it to kick in and plugged 50mg MXE. This was absolutely awesome. It was a completely lucid journey through my bedroom roof into the universe beyond. Very nice indeed. Under the influence of the MXE I remember dosing another 100mg of 5-APB. I had about 4 hours of unadulterated fun.

However as I started to return to reality, the hallucinations simply got more and more intense (They were of the wobbly-eye, wiggly worm, floating translucent blob variety). These symptoms got gradually worse over the space of about 2 hours. I tried to keep time, but I couldn't read or understand the time on my phone.

My vision was a mess. The intensity of my bedside lamp completely overwhelmed my field of view. Everything turned to a red and purple infra-red camera-style vision.

My brain was making a 'swish-swish-swish-swish' sound, and felt as though it was about to burst.

I felt as though I was filling with air, unbearably 'inflating' far more than capacity allowed.

My heart beat was just a blur. Was beating so, so fast....Faster than it ever should.

Muscles were shaking uncontrollably, whole body tensed up.

I had to keep moving about because every time I laid down, consciousness seemed to slip away. If I stopped moving for even a few seconds, I lost all feeling in my body. As it was, my brain was aching, my face had gone numb, extremities were numb. My vision began to fade, began to look as though I was watching events through a flickering projector. Everything just turned to pot, faculties such as sight, sound, touch were all failing. Naturally I believed I was going to die.

So I continued the cycle of calm breathing, sitting up, sitting down, turning light on, turning light off, so that I wasn't overwhelmed by numbness and blindness. I ought to point out that I became seriously exhausted. I almost gave up. However after 3 hours or so, the effects began to subside. Whatever it was, it felt like it could have been lethal. I'm sure it's enough of an ordeal to put a body into shock, or trigger heart failure.

So dopamine syndrome? Serotonin syndrome? The level of hallucination I had would be on par with high dopamine levels, but I did not become psychotic or paranoid about anything other than my own health. By the 48 hour mark the effects had gone completely, but left me very shaken.

People who have previously combined MXE with 6-APB and 5-APB, you must have been very lucky to not have run into a situation like this. Also this is probably the last time I try out a combo because others recommended it. It is apparent that this is not safe at all.

Hopefully this provides enough information for someone in the know to recognise the symptoms and hazard a guess as to what happened, and how much danger I was really in.

Last edited:
Just went through a g in a week, and any one else have some saliva problems? Its like it makes bubbles and it is really weird in my throat?

What was your method of dosing? Someone mentioned their taste was affected after prolonged sub lingual dosing.

This stuff is numbing but I wouldn't be surprised if it was also a bit of an irritant. Maybe the drip has irritated your throat if you've been snorting?

I took a 60mg dose of methoxetamine (i.m.) on the tail end of a 150mg MDA trip recently with no difficulty or any unexpected interactions. It was actually pretty tame due to the super tired/delirious nature of it. MDA normally leaves me a confused mess on the comedown (almost anticholinergic style hallucinations, very fluid alinear thought patterns, etc) and I opted to fade out with a shot of MXE 6 hours into the MDA. It pretty much just gave me a kickstart to sleep....didn't feel like a dangerous combination to me at all. It actually was pretty lackluster.. But that's me, so YMMV. I am one who doesn't get much stimulation from methoxetamine, I can easily fall asleep on high doses of it if I am so inclined.

Methoxetamine capacity to dehydrate never ceases to amaze me. Out of all the dissociatives I have tried it is amongst the hardest on my body. I guess PCE leaves me feeling kinda poisoned, and so does PCP, but neither of em seem as hard on my kidneys and bladder. This alone makes it much harder to abuse than ketamine. I'm sure if I encountered it back in my halcyon days of use and abuse I would have found a way to overdo it, but as it stands I've only ever redosed once in all of the times I have done it the past 6 months. Something about the mental space as well limits my consumption.

Cheers

Its very dehydrating indeed, makes me pee like a horse. Only problem is to actually move to the bathroom. Lol.

i wish it was this time last week . i was just starting my trip to the otherside about now

I can go into plenty more detail with regards to what actually happened.

I took 100mg 5-APB. Waited for it to kick in and plugged 50mg MXE. This was absolutely awesome. It was a completely lucid journey through my bedroom roof into the universe beyond. Very nice indeed. Under the influence of the MXE I remember dosing another 100mg of 5-APB. I had about 4 hours of unadulterated fun.....<snip>.....
I had to keep moving about because every time I laid down, consciousness seemed to slip away. If I stopped moving for even a few seconds, I lost all feeling in my body. As it was, my brain was aching, my face had gone numb, extremities were numb. My vision began to fade, began to look as though I was watching events through a flickering projector. Everything just turned to pot, faculties such as sight, sound, touch were all failing. Naturally I believed I was going to die.

So I continued the cycle of calm breathing, sitting up, sitting down, turning light on, turning light off, so that I wasn't overwhelmed by numbness and blindness. I ought to point out that I became seriously exhausted. I almost gave up. However after 3 hours or so, the effects began to subside. Whatever it was, it felt like it could have been lethal. I'm sure it's enough of an ordeal to put a body into shock, or trigger heart failure.

So dopamine syndrome? Serotonin syndrome? The level of hallucination I had would be on par with high dopamine levels, but I did not become psychotic or paranoid about anything other than my own health. By the 48 hour mark the effects had gone completely, but left me very shaken.

People who have previously combined MXE with 6-APB and 5-APB, you must have been very lucky to not have run into a situation like this. Also this is probably the last time I try out a combo because others recommended it. It is apparent that this is not safe at all.

Hopefully this provides enough information for someone in the know to recognise the symptoms and hazard a guess as to what happened, and how much danger I was really in.

...from limit knowledge and a bad experience, dissociatives in general if you spin out can make you more aware, or less, of your bodies functioning, its easy to imagine a racing heart, or even it not beating, the nature of "dissociation" ..in a panic...

...sounds like a bad experience, my only addition to Shambels report of Serotonin syndrome was the feeling of agony in legs spreading upwards. almost paralyzing, physically, amongst the other horrendous feelings. and it takes a long time to recover. horrible horrible. all over poisoning. and is life threatening.

sounds more like an extreme spin out. doing acid i was taught to ride it out, if possible! remember its the drug, fighting it makes it worse. obviously, a sober-sitter should check your physical obs, but if you spin out fighting it is the worst thing, keep thinking "its not real its not real" .... easy to say, but if you can. works.

<3 hope was some help! x

sounds more like an extreme spin out. doing acid i was taught to ride it out, if possible! remember its the drug, fighting it makes it worse. obviously, a sober-sitter should check your physical obs, but if you spin out fighting it is the worst thing, keep thinking "its not real its not real" .... easy to say, but if you can. works.

It doesn't sound like just a spin out to me....knowing the drugs in question (you know was 5-abp+ MXE, not just a dissociative experience), that description sounds nothing like an acid bad trip or some manifestation of the mind, that whole first paragraph suggests something much worse... I think you may be getting this confused with a hallucination, the way I'm reading it, and from experience can imagine it, this actually happened, if he didn't fight it, he could've ended up in some really hot water, being young and healthy is probably what saved him here... I think most people would call an ambulance in that situation.

I've never used 5-APB so no idea how that would interact really. Not so well by the sound of it. Quite a few people have reported having a rough time combining MXE with 6-APB and a few other things (MDAI and methylone springs to mind) so there does appear to be something going on there. They don't play nice for whatever reason but I haven't heard any real reason why that should be so. Especially as the aMT combo gets such consistently glowing reviews. Does seem to be something odd regarding certain MXE combos though, I'd say.

And to reiterate my own nasty incident - no actual MXE was involved cos it was fake product. In my case it's fairly clear what the problem was but these other interactions that do involve MXE are another matter. Probably be wise to approach such combos with caution if at all, I'd say.

The resultant chaos from combining MXE and 5-APB felt neither like an MXE high or a 5-APB high. The hallucinations, sensations and headspace were all totally different. It wasn't a 'high'. The euphoria of the 5-APB had vanished. The mania of the MXE had vanished. I had returned to hell, pretty much.

If I stared in one place my vision faded to extreme purple, red, yellow like infra-red cameras. The sense of fading away. The fact that when I stopped fighting due to exhaustion, my consciousness would fly away and my body would go numb, within seconds. Passing out like that would never happen from a bad trip. God knows if I would have come round again. I want to cry just thinking about it. I have never, ever experienced that before. Something was seriously wrong, I am sure of it. It was shame and anger at what I had done that ran through my head. I couldn't let my parents find me dead the next morning. After everything. This has torn me up. What an eye-opener.

Never, ever again :(

Last edited:
Speaking of samples from shady vendors, I got some of this from the same place that scammed me with fake MDAI (not one of the "officials"). This "MXE" is a fine white powder with some glimmery bits in it, tastes sour, and the Marquis/Mecke/Simons reactions were consistent with the image in TheAzo's thread.

I have no previous experience with dissociatives, so I didn't really know what effects to expect. 15-20mg sublingual gives me kind of a drunkish feeling that lasts for a few hours. Haven't tried a larger dose yet.

I can't believe they wouldn't scam me with this stuff too, but it seems legit so far, maybe weaker than it should be. Is there anything similar that would fit the description?

DXM maybe? but probably not seeing as 20mg had you feeling something.
Sounds like you got real or slightly cut Mex. (best name for it so far)

I have heard no anecdotal reports of oral Mex....
anyone tried it? relative potency/effects compared to other routes?

Does oral even really work or is it kind of like trying oral DPT?

Oral works,it's similar to sublingual.did it a few times. It just takes a little longer than sublingual and the come up feels slower or smoother.
With me all the ROAs are different...

Wow. I haven't checked bluelight in awhile. Had no idea this drug even existed. I think I belong in the UK. Who would do Acid or bunk ass 'ecstacy' if you could buy AMT or Methoxetamine quite legally and have it delivered to your door? Im jealous.

Wow. I haven't checked bluelight in awhile. Had no idea this drug even existed. I think I belong in the UK. Who would do Acid or bunk ass 'ecstacy' if you could buy AMT or Methoxetamine quite legally and have it delivered to your door? Im jealous.
You can get plenty of RCs in the US, including methoxetamine.

^ My sentiments exactly

Is anyone familiar with being out in public on low-ish doses of Mex ? (15-30mg)

ex: going to a movie

Yeah, to a party with "cultured" people who I try to be somewhat sharp for. It didn't impede conversation much and blended pretty seamlessly with the buzz from the wine. This was with 35 mg rectal administered right before being driven over.

That's the second time you called it "Mex" by the way. I don't know if it's intentional but the last thing this cluster fuck of a drug scene needs is more pet names that sound like other chems being thrown around. "Mex" and "special ox" have been tossed out like marbles on a dance floor on this page alone. This is an international board, so regional slang is just going to confuse matters. Even if it is fun to try to coin your own term, it's kinda dangerous.

The person who took it who wasn't on an SNRI said there was zero dissociation - just some stimulation and euphoria. Doses required to feel anything (without tramadol in the system) were pretty huge compared to MXE (100-200mg for mild-moderate effects).

Maybe I'm misreading the implication, but Tramadol is not a SNRI. It's action on serotonin is as a releasing agent and it does not affect serotonin's reuptake.

Its very dehydrating indeed, makes me pee like a horse. Only problem is to actually move to the bathroom. Lol.

Same here; three long pees per trip seems pretty standard for me haha. Although I don't seem to experience the motor function impairment to the degree that a lot of people on here have been talking about. I have not found getting to the bathroom difficult, even on high doses.

Status
Not open for further replies.