View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread - Hit #12 - Oh look, it's MXE o'clock

Status
Not open for further replies.
It certainly helps to have the mental fortitude of a seasoned shaman to be able to abuse MXE long-term without a real 'breakdown', but from what I have seen in real life, people who finds themselves in a temporary MXE-induced psychosis feel better for it after returning to sanity - grateful for the perspective, humbled and at peace with the infinite mysteries of the universe - maybe part of the mechanism behind the 'long-lasting antidepressant' effect.
Toast the Spirits, you and I are in the same group of guinea pigs. I know that in the interest of HR it is not advisable for daily use, but don't get too worried if you feel healthy and use it as real medicine. I average a similar daily amount and for much the same intentions as you, but i do take regular tolerance breaks which I recommend.

One thing it seems like I'm the only one to mention is BP and pulse issues. I went to the doc once after one of my little binges (1g in about a week, evenings after work, I do this every month or three) for an unrelated reason and they were a little horrified by my BP but they blamed that on the fact that I was in pain... normally I check out as quite healthy. It went back to normal two days later.
Might be a good idea for other users to check theirs, and make sure it's within a acceptable range.

Are you sure that your blood pressure issues were due to MXE? Could your sodium intake have been too high or can you think of any other lifestyle factors that may have contributed to this? Back in my reckless MXE days I once dosed around 250 mg at once after drinking a 40 oz light beer and had a psychotic episode. Fortunately my brother put me in a choke hold and watched over me until it wore off. The next day I noticed I suffered a subconjuctival hemorrhage which is actually fairly common for people. That could have been due to the choke hold, the enormous amount of sodium I consumed at AYCE sushi the night before, the MXE, a combination of these factors or a simple coincidence. Lesson here is MXE might have PCP like psychotic potential if dosed high enough. But also, maybe there are blood pressure issues related to MXE use.

I'd also like to add that my psychotic episode took place when I was using the dirtiest batch of MXE I had ever acquired. It did not taste like MXE, it looked unlike any other batch I had tried and it burned up the nose which is unusual, but it gave MXE effects. This batch was contaminated with impurities and possibly other substances from the vendor's mishandling of products. This vendor has since shut down shop.

Last edited:
It certainly helps to have the mental fortitude of a seasoned shaman to be able to abuse MXE long-term without a real 'breakdown', but from what I have seen in real life, people who finds themselves in a temporary MXE-induced psychosis feel better for it after returning to sanity - grateful for the perspective, humbled and at peace with the infinite mysteries of the universe - maybe part of the mechanism behind the 'long-lasting antidepressant' effect.
Toast the Spirits, you and I are in the same group of guinea pigs. I know that in the interest of HR it is not advisable for daily use, but don't get too worried if you feel healthy and use it as real medicine. I average a similar daily amount and for much the same intentions as you, but i do take regular tolerance breaks which I recommend.

I agree with you. Not everyone will benefit from daily use the way we use in this lifetime. One thing i have noticed about taking breaks is that when I resume use, the first dose or two are not too enjoyable or therapeutic unless I dose very low, like 20 mg. or less. For a dose to be of benefit for me it seems I must be using consistently or at least start very low when I resume using which proves the benefit of your recommendation for taking breaks. :)

Here is an easy read on how to take better care of the kidneys.
http://www.amoils.com/health-blog/12-tips-to-take-care-of-your-kidneys/

Last edited:
Thanks for the link on kidney health. I love spirulina, and I take vitamin D daily.
What solid evidence do we have that MXE damages the kidneys? Actual science, or just a few case reports from heavy MXE users? I would love to see a compilation of this data. If only case reports, then I'm sure many of them were also using other drugs in tandem with MXE which may cause trouble in pinpointing the actual cause of damage. I mean, over the counter NSAIDs can damage the kidneys faster than most controlled drugs.

One thing it seems like I'm the only one to mention is BP and pulse issues.

This side effect comes up occasionally. In my case it is particularly interesting because I am 'normally' hypotensive, sometimes to the point of feeling very weak and tired (70/50).
Steady MXE dosing puts me in the ideal range, or at worst in the upper-normal (130/85) levels. It makes a world of difference for my energy levels.
It seems not to effect my pulse in any significant way unless something about my trip gets me particularly excited, whether on or off I'm steady between 64-80 sitting down.

So, given that this substance has been in existence for only a few years now, and considering that many of the other substances in the same class are known to cause significant long term effects both physical and mental for chronic users,

what's the basis for adopting a 'this is harmless until proven otherwise' mentality that allows for daily consumption without any concern for personal health? "If there's no blood in my pee that means everything is fine?" Seems weird/dangerous. A little denial maybe.

There's a lot of things your body is well designed to process every day but I'm not sure why you'd want to assume MXE is one of them before any significant research has been done. No one in the world has more than a couple years of experience with this substance.

(harm reduction hat)

If it is just the class of drugs I enjoy, I wonder if there are other dissociative drugs I might benefit from that do not carry the same risk of kidney damage. Perhaps some of the PCP analogues, or maybe a simple DARI substance I can order through regular online supplement vendors?
Look into 3-meo-pcp. It seems to have very similar therapeutic effects, but it could be classified more as a 'clear' dissociative, whearas mxe could be called an 'up' dissociative. It may also be potentially easier on the kidneys since it is 3-5x as potent as mxe and lasts longer.

Look into 3-meo-pcp. It seems to have very similar therapeutic effects, but it could be classified more as a 'clear' dissociative, whearas mxe could be called an 'up' dissociative. It may also be potentially easier on the kidneys since it is 3-5x as potent as mxe and lasts longer.

I was thinking the same thing! 3-meo-pcp is really the only other dissociative I would like to try other than PCP, which I doubt I will ever get around to trying due to street purity/accurate dosage issues and the kind of people I would likely have to associate with in order to obtain it. Do you have any experience with 3-meo-pcp?

So, given that this substance has been in existence for only a few years now, and considering that many of the other substances in the same class are known to cause significant long term effects both physical and mental for chronic users,

what's the basis for adopting a 'this is harmless until proven otherwise' mentality that allows for daily consumption without any concern for personal health? "If there's no blood in my pee that means everything is fine?" Seems weird/dangerous. A little denial maybe.

There's a lot of things your body is well designed to process every day but I'm not sure why you'd want to assume MXE is one of them before any significant research has been done. No one in the world has more than a couple years of experience with this substance.

(harm reduction hat)

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that excessive use is safe. I would use it more frequently than I do now if I thought that was a safe assumption. A couple grams a month isn't THAT excessive in my opinion. While it may not be safe, in the spirit of harm reduction I use this much instead of than say 8 grams a month which would likely satisfy my recreational desires. In deciding my comfort with this level of use, I considered the testimonies of other well respected dissociative users on BlueLight with long histories of much greater usage levels of ketamine, such as Shambles who seems to be doing just fine.

And other people got their bladder removed after long term daily ketamine abuse.

From wikipedia:
Urinary tract effects According to a recent systematic review, 110 documented reports of irritative urinary tract symptoms from ketamine dependence exist.[36] Urinary tract symptoms have been collectively referred as "ketamine-induced ulcerative cystitis" or "ketamine-induced vesicopathy", and they include urgeincontinence , decreasedbladder compliance, decreased bladder volume,detrusor overactivity, and painfulhaematuria (blood in urine).Bilateral hydronephrosis andrenal papillary necrosis have also been reported in some cases.[27] [36] Thepathogenesis of papillary necrosis has been investigated in mice, and mononuclearinflammatory infiltration in the renal papilla resulting from ketamine dependence has been suggested as a possible mechanism.[37] The time of onset of lower urinary tract symptoms varies depending, in part, on the severity and chronicity of ketamine use; however, it is unclear whether the severity and chronicity of ketamine use corresponds linearly to the presentation of these symptoms. All reported cases where the user consumed greater than 5grams per day reported symptoms of the lower urinary tract.[36] Urinary tract symptoms appear to be most common in daily ketamine abusers who have abused the drug for an extended period of time.[27] These symptoms have presented in only one case of medical use of ketamine. However, following dose reduction, the symptoms remitted.[27] Management of these symptoms primarily involves ketamine cessation, for which compliance is low. Other treatments have been used, includingantibiotics ,NSAIDS ,steroids ,anticholinergics , and cystodistension.[36] Bothhyaluronic acid instillation and combinedpentosan polysulphate and ketamine cessation have been shown to provide relief in some patients, but in the latter case, it is unclear whether relief resulted from ketamine cessation, administration of pentosan polysulphate, or both. Further follow-up is required to fully assess the efficacy of these treatments.[36]

Has anyone experienced adverse reactions when mixing mxe and cannabis? A big hit of some nice sativa went well with dxm and ketamine, it always brought the experience to the next level with out producing any anxiety. Smoking on mxe seems to make me very nervous and really messes with my vision. The closest thing I can compare it to is when you drink so much that the room starts spinning except instead of spinning everything starts "flashing".

Are you sure that your blood pressure issues were due to MXE? Could your sodium intake have been too high or can you think of any other lifestyle factors that may have contributed to this?

Nah it rises every time I do MXE, not as bad as that one time, the bowel obstruction prolly something to do with the dangerously high level. I did hurt like a sonofabitch and I loath doctor offices. My diet is fairly consistent, I have an active job on my feet, I drink loads of water none of that changes when MXE is in the house.

In reply to Oh ROXIanne!
I am not a huge fan of cannabinoids, although I do use them from time to time. I have had mixed reactions with the MXE cannabinoid combination, ranging from feelings of despair to feelings of power and enlightened states with wonderful visions. Cannabinoids really have the potential to kick my ass, more than just about any other substance I use. I don't use them to get high, but I do use them for the therapeutic value that happens after the peak, to get sleep, or to enhance other psychedelics such as mushrooms.

Has anyone experienced adverse reactions when mixing mxe and cannabis?

Oh, for sure. MXE and cannabis or cannabinoids are a very intense combination, and it's all too easy to find yourself out of your depth.

I know exactly what you mean about the 'flashing'. Some of the worst experiences I've had were from combining JWH-018 and MXE, or actual marijuana and 3-MeO-PCP. Shit got way too intense really quickly and the after-effects hung around for a long time. I sometimes still get the flashing effect when I turn the lights off before going to bed - even when I haven't taken anything at all.

You can have amazing experiences combining dissociatives and weed or c-noids, but it is a very, very risky combo. If someone really wanted to try it, I'd recommend having an emergency plan in place - preferably one that included a sitter and some benzodiazepines.

i love the combo. the key is to take it easy on the weed. im prone to anxiety and paranoia on weed and dissociatives tend cancel that out, but also potentiate the high so 1-2 hits is enough

Just wondeing how many have heard THAT sound on MXE?

I'm sure I've seen in mentioned once or twice so its not just a subjective experience.

But if you heard it you would know it...it can be described as a combination of a horrible, false, fluting sound from a boat, and some kind of oscilletaing foregin sound that doesn't even seem to originate in world. Almost like it signifies getting to the threshold of another dimension. It's fucking unbearable though and, at least for me, accompanied with feelings of sheer terror.

Anyway, they only times it has appeared to me is when I've gone too far and got lost in the "hole" iwhere it has nearly completely capured my consciousness and I'm helpless to get myself out of it. Usually accombinadied with hellish visions and extreme dysphoria.

I don't know, almost seems like some sound effect for your mind crossing into another dimension, like you have lost all your mind and perception of who you really are at this point. Of course if all that was experienced in bliss and ecstacy it would be something different.

But that scintillaying sound and all that comes along with is torture. One reason I never like to use MXE as a psychedlic.

I just tried MXE, MDA, 2-CB and phenibut. All I can say is holy shit! Dosed about 40 mg MXE, about 20 minutes later took a blue monster which contains around 70-80 mg of MDA, snorted about 5 mg 2-CB and took a gram of phenibut mixed with cayenne pepper all at once. At first nothing special, just minor effects from the 2C-B and MDA, so I took another blue monster and snorted another 3 mg of 2C-B, and when this came on with the phenibut, I was in heaven. Better than MDMA. It felt like I was tripping on a high dose of acid and having the best possible time. I had no idea I could get off on MDA this way. Fucking amazing!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.