• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread-10th Dose-Addiction? But I'm only on it 24/7...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear MXE stays in the system for weeks, or at least it feels like it,

I've been taking mxe every day for the past 3 months or so, just had 2 lines right now and I found that the first 2 or 3 weeks I had negative and positive effects from it. Now I only get the positive effects until several hours later when I reach the comedown (mxe provides the worst comedown of any drug I've taken) The comedown is easily thwarted if I smoke a joint or take a benzo. Much like drugs similar to mxe I get the numb feeling, slightly slurred speech and vision and a sort of sinking feeling in the first hour of the effects, around that time I'll dose up again so I'll have a few more lines or bumps or bombs, depends how I'm feeling. My vision will get more blurred, speech becomes far more slurred and body is far more numb than it was previously. I find it harder and harder to fall into an m-hole as the days go on but I can hole every day if I increase the dosage by a single line or several lines, it varies greatly.

I tend to think of myself as a self proclaimed "mexxy king" I've had alot of experiences with this drug, good and bad. All in all I actually like the drug, it's a good feeling, cheap, not too hard to come by for me but I don't know about anyone else. Over the months that I've taken the drug the only real issue I have found is extreme weight loss, mxe really does cut off the pounds, it's an easy way to lose weight but I do not recommend taking this drug with the sole purpose of losing weight, I'd rather do that with good diet and exercise routines. Eating is difficult and I've found myself on several occasions forcing myself to eat because I know I have to but mxe suppresses your appetite greatly.

Hallucinations aren't very vivid, you don't exactly see landscapes or anything like that, more shapes and patterns moving across each other with various colours. You feel the hallucination more so than it being a visual thing. The hallucinations are extremely delightful, personally I don't feel bad or scared, the only negative effect I've had is being paranoid, like I feel as if someone is watching me everytime I hole, which can be alittle bit scary but I get over it quickly due to the fact I'm so drugged up. Compared to acid, mxe really doesn't quite get there for me visually but feeling wise mxe engulfs me completely, allowing a more controlled trip. I find that I can control the trips, via twitching and moving and certain beats in a song I'm listening to, I'm able to manipulate where my hole takes me and this allows me to experience the drug more. Mxe is easily controlled although if you haven't got a clear head you might find yourself slipping away which is very easy to do as mxe causes extremely disorganised thoughts.

Several times I've found myself salivating everywhere, mxe seems to increase the ability to create dribble and water in the mouth so I found myself spitting alot after a line but never during the trip, only whilst dosing up. I rub myself alot (non sexually) mxe makes me touch things like certain fabrics feel nicer and everything has a more pleasant texture to it. It's hard to engage in sexual activity on mxe, a few times I've found myself extremely horny and wanting to have sex or do sexual things but am physically unable to do so as my body is so unbelievably numb it's hard to fulfil my desires.

The only real problem I have found with mxe is that sometimes I forget to breathe, during a hole I frequently hold my breath and then I find myself trying to force my nose or mouth to breathe in. There is a real danger of suffocation with mxe but you just need to be careful. I'd say more on the subject but I'm starting to feel the lines I had prior to typing this out so I'm going to dose up again and enjoy myself tonight. I'll be more than happy to answer any questions people have, just post in this topic and I'll have a go at it.

Be careful with this stuff. It's very psychologically addicting.

Let's not forget, it's a dissociative, just like Ketamine and PCP. Treat with respect. And view it as if it was PCP, cause it's more similar to that than it is to Ketamine. This is not something to be doing every day. It's good to take a few days off, just to let your body recover. Doing it every day tends to leave me feeling very manic and drained mentally.

I have no negativity towards mxe, it's a delightfully fun drug, one of the most enjoyable around. My issue is with perceived benefits from it. My view is that dissociatives have more in common with opiates than with pyschedelics, psychologically speaking, and the risk/benefit of self-medication with them reflects this. Which is to say, it's pretty damn close to 'always a bad idea'.

Eh... I think that depends on the individual. Personally I feel that I owe a significant deal of my sanity and psychological well-being to MXE. I happened to cross paths with the chemical at a critical time in my life, and as a result, MXE wormed its way into the core of my mind, made some major tweaks, and pretty much saved my soul.

I remember in the past, reflecting on my anxiety, and thinking to myself, "I almost feel like the only way I could escape this disease is by some change to the physical structure of my brain..." The disorder seemed hard-wired into my biology. Maybe MXE actually helped me through some mild form of brain damage? Maybe MXE helped me by destroying some diseased part of myself?

Not to say that I don't still have work to do. Not to say that MXE is the sole answer to my problems.

Hi, everyone.

Not sure if we're still doing this, but this song was the meaning of life on MXE, for me at least.

what a night.
i tried a new batch last night....
and prior i was thinking that i hope that it´s as good as the two batches before
(because i´m going to dose with a friend next week and want him to experience quality mxe).

now i´m really not sure if it was my thinking that kind of ruined it or not.

it was different...but i also dosed differently than usual.
did 25mg sublingually and redosed 3 times 30mg (plugged).
usually i start with 25mg and redose 20mg a few times.
this time the confusion was way stronger than usually.
a part is missing (i only remember that i´ve been in the bathroom a few times) and after that i only remember that i didn´t feel good....but didn´t know what to do about it...then i just lay there (like almost everytime) with lights out and music.
and holing very hard.
the visuals were kinda the same but i didn´t feel as much in this space a i usually do.
and it didn´t give me that warm blanket type feeling on the comeup when plugged....were you feel like you turn into warm jelly and melt away.
also this time i had no hard time falling asleep.

i guess it was my mindset and that i redosed sooner and with 30mg instead of 20mg
(the overall amount taken was not more than what i took the sessions before)

Last edited:
Couple questions:
-How is the euphoria of this substance? I've read some people say it's opiate like in some ways. I only ever got small amounts of euphoria, if any at all from other dissociatives (ket, dxm, nitrous), should I expect the same, or more, with this?

-How is the music appreciation? Seems like most people on here have had good results. I never got much of any music appreciation from ketamine, just made it sound kind of weird and off (interesting, but not good like weed and music). Nitrous has been good with music though, but it's duration is so short it's hard to get much from it.

-what's a good first time dose (insufflated)? I'm thinking 25mg, but erowid lists that on the low side. I'm not looking to m-hole, and I generally like around 65mg of ketamine (although I've taken up to 250)

Last edited:
Couple questions:
-How is the euphoria of this substance? I've read some people say it's opiate like in some ways. I only ever got small amounts of euphoria, if any at all from other dissociatives (ket, dxm, nitrous), should I expect the same, or more, with this?

-How is the music appreciation? Seems like most people on here have had good results. I never got much of any music appreciation from ketamine, just made it sound kind of weird and off (interesting, but not good like weed and music). Nitrous has been good with music though, but it's duration is so short it's hard to get much from it.

-what's a good first time dose (insufflated)? I'm thinking 25mg, but erowid lists that on the low side. I'm not looking to m-hole, and I generally like around 65mg of ketamine (although I've taken up to 250 at once)

It's not euphoric in the typical sense. I personally don't find it very opiate like, though it shares slight similarities. As for music, it doesn't change much. I notice different levels of frequencies sound different, though. Sometimes, it's hard to tell if what you are hearing is too loud. For example, sometimes if it's late at night and I dose a high amount, I have difficulty telling if it's blasting or if I'm just imagining it being louder than it really is.

First time dose? Definitely do a small allergy test first. Wait an hour, then I'd say try 30 to 45mg. If you are experienced with Ketamine, 45mg should be a decent starting dose. It's definitely different from Ketamine, however the disassociation aspect will be familiar territory for you. Keep in mind, in my experience MXE takes longer to come up compared to Ketamine. IME, Ketamine hits you and peaks relatively fast, while MXE is a slow ascent. It takes about 45 minutes to peak.

Be careful not to dose too much too fast, as it can quickly become very overwhelming and confusing. I personally recommend spacing out doses by 25 to 30 minutes at least.

For me MXE has been one of the most ground breaking euphoric things ive tried, but it takes a certain dose to get there. proper orgasmic euphoria and beyond

Music apprication can be amazing, fully connected with the music, hard to explain but awesome

30/40mg dose. depends how good the batch is though

Anyone who's been significantly psychologically addicted, quit, and has been successfully able to pick it back up and play with it in a healthy manner?

I'm really curious. I had a love affair with mxe that lasted a few months of daily IM, multiple times a day, and then I pitched it and stopped buying it because it was fucking up my day-to-day routines because of it. The insomnia would kill me and I was on like an awake 32 hours sleep 16 hours schedule, which resulted in my missing a lot of classes, letting my grades slip and really just not keeping up with my responsibilities. I've bought it a few times since, but I've ended up washing it down the drain after I catch myself taking it at a time I shouldn't. I know that sounds really silly, but it's a better option than making excuses to myself, or promising to use more self-control all the way until I'm fucking everything up again.

So, what I'm curious about is if anyone has been in a situation where they were psychologically addicted (though I hate using that word..) and were able to play with it again in a responsible/moderate and most importantly _only occasional_ manner, even with it sitting in your house?

So my life has changed to the nth degree on this stuff for the better... I can keep my mouth shut but i believe that were all god and i have the secret to tap into that and make everyones life better but im scared if this is bad for me and if its potential to drive one into insanity...? Please help with information

^You're not the first one to think that, take comfort from that, such errant thought patterns tend to dissipate. Try sobriety, avoiding dissociatives (and psychs) for a while, preferably a few months, and see what you think then.

Anyone who's been significantly psychologically addicted, quit, and has been successfully able to pick it back up and play with it in a healthy manner?

I agree "psychological addiction" is an outdated and confused term- the brain is plastic and physically/chemically changes in response to chronic use of all "feel great" drugs. Addiction is a physical, neurological condition whether one experiences an obvious somatic WD syndrome with a particular drug or not.

But that aside - I think you'll find that very very few people can do what you describe with any truly euphoric/reinforcing/addictive drug. Lots and lots of people THINK they can and CLAIM they can at various stages in the process of addiction and relapse, but it's very rare in reality over the long term. YMMV but if you really want an answer to your question I'd look to the lessons taught by the broader drug world, etc and not rely on the responses of a bunch of people currently in love with MXE or whatever other drug and posting about their love on BL......;)

If you have to ask the question then you already know the answer. Move on my friend. Theres other fish in the sea.

Had my first encounter with the mexxy lady this week. 6'7" male 235 lbs 13% bodyfat (lean, muscular build), 23 years of age. Previous experience with drugs includes extensive use of all the classical psychedelics, along with many different synthetic phenethylamines and tryptamines, and ketamine. No experience with opiates or amphetamines so I can't comment on similarities or differences in that regard.

I insufflated mexxy three days in a row, but only once per day with no re-upping. First day was 50mg; second day 25mg; third day 75mg. This was done purposely and not compulsively, and daily use was discontinued without problems after three days.

Pros: From a psychonaut's point of view this thing is a goldmine. It's no wonder to me that this substance has achieved the status it has so quickly. At sub-hole doses and without combining, I found the high to be lucid, empowering, clear and insightful with no anxiety. At more dissociative dosages (75mg), High appreciation for art--the film is experienced as an "audio-visual" poem. Very productive compound for writing; the mindstate is lucid but free and unattached, with a diverse array of normally sedimented or otherwise imperceptibly enveloped interconnections deterritorializing and offering themselves over to codification. Articulation and insight into reality is optimized, though of course various feedback loops and the sense that one's thoughts are moving too quickly to record restrict the efficiency of codification. It is, however, the very experience of the offering-over to codification that sticks with me, into the proceeding sobriety where it is the business of psychonauts to reflect and integrate. Effects began inside of 10 minutes. The effects came on strong but the intense and unpredictable acceleration of effects stabilized at about the half hour mark, followed by a steady climb to peaking at about the hour mark. Heavy time dilation and dissociation. Body load is pleasant when seated, no anxiety. When moving about gravity plays tricks. This latter effect is great fun so long as you don't feel any pressure to 'appear' sober.

Cons: It's reasonable to believe there may be a neurocorrective mechanism in dissociative like mexxy and ketamine, with noted anti-depressant effects occurring for days after use. However, I found that after three days of use in a row, mexxy had shown herself to be quite narcissistic, a quality that simultaneously lends to a drug an intense and robust personality, but also a danger of turning around and biting you--she likes to look at herself in the mirror, and will take any chance she can, which means you're dosing more often. The morning after the third day of use (and mind you, this is very disciplined use, with no re-dosing and very limited amounts ingested relative to the user's bodyweight), I found an unpleasant hangover (headache and mild nausea) and lack of motivation to do my normal exercising, etc. Urge to continue daily use was starting to develop, though quite mild, and would certainly build quickly if daily use continued (it didn't).

On a broader note, I think that dissociatives have a dark reputation in the psychedelic world for two main reasons. First, the high involves less of a temporal investment on the part of the user, thus opening up to more frequent redosing and more frequent use in general. Tolerance builds quickly and thus the absolute amount of substance being ingested increases quickly, such that the increase in neurotoxicity is marked. With acid or mushrooms this rarely occurs due to infrequent dosing and the fact that you're basically pissing out the acid already by the time you come down. This effect is exacerbated with the easy and continuous supply lines on which mxe is currently flowing, meaning that it's not like back in the day when your buddy finally scores a vial of ketamine and you use it like crazy for a month until it runs out, then it doesn't come around again for another few months or years.

Second, the reputation of dissociatives for producing intense and insightful out of body experiences tends to attract users who are not used to dealing with chemicals that have qualities that can easily lead to addiction. Thus, people who have no trouble keeping their use of phenethylamines and tryptamines under control need to understand that, yes, a dissociative can have many of the same emotional/spiritual/neurological benefits of a traditional psychedelic, but they need to be approached very differently. In a perfect world, people would only use dissociatives once a month or less, but that's not going to happen (myself included :)). Very cliche'd but it bears repeating: you have your whole life to take more drugs, but once ingested you can never take less! I recommend drinking plenty of water before, during, and after using mxe or any drug. Good nutrition and exercise habits will minimize negative effects associated with reasonable recreational drug use, and may even maximize their positive effects. Be careful, be safe, and we'll be able to continue using these mysterious and wonderful substances.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.