View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine / MXE Thread - Holey Shit no. 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah MXE is weird with dosage. Last time I took it, it was with 4 friends, and we all used maybe half what we normally would because MXE was just really strong that night, apparently.

It's some magical stuff, for sure.

it really has worked wonders again for me like it did at the start resetting every thing

I hope it lasts for you man. :) If it works, may I recommend not using it too often? Maybe weekly... then it will keep working. If you use it too much it will stop working.

don't think i will use it again before the eu ban but i could do last time it did this it lasted a good few months

^That ban has me concerned. Erowid reported the ban started Sept. 25th; however, my vendor has yet to pull its stock. I'm really hoping I can stock up at the last minute, can't do anything till I have funding in a week... It would suck to never see MXE again :( plus I think I'll ration it better once the availability all but disappears. A couple grams should be a life time supply, if I don't go following my usual habits.

The European Union banned the party drug nicknamed "bath salts" and other so-called legal highs on Thursday that have been linked to nearly 150 deaths.

The synthetic stimulant MPDV can spark a psychotic experience for users and was linked to a grisly attack in the United States in which a man chewed off another's face.

Ministers agreed to make it illegal across the 28-nation EU to manufacture or sell four designer drugs.

They are MDPV; Methoxetamine, which is similar to the dance drug ketamine; synthetic opiate AH-7921; and 25I-NBOMe, a hallucinogenic with effects similar to those of LSD.

"These drugs are like wolves in sheep's clothing," said Martine Reicherts, the EU's Justice Commissioner.

"The ban voted on today will give them the criminal status they deserve. Legal highs are not legal: they are lethal."

Member states have one year to vote legislation implementing the ban, the European Commission said.

The EU's drugs agency said there had been 108 deaths across the region that were linked to MPDV -- full name 3,4-methylenedioxypyrovalerone -- with most of the fatalities in Finland, Britain and Sweden.

The white powder can be inhaled, injected or smoked and resembles regular bath salts in texture.

Twenty deaths had been linked to Methoxetamine, 15 with AH-7921 and four with 25I-NBOMe, it said.

The EU banned the drug "meow-meow", or mephedrone, in 2010 over similar concerns.

Canada has banned MDPV while President Barack Obama's drug czar has warned of the dangers of "bath salts" and other amphetamine-like substances.

It's a damn shame. Seems likely it will follow in the US as well. Still I can't ever see MXE fading away... it's one of "the drugs" now I think. Well, it certainly is to me.

don't think i will use it again before the eu ban but i could do last time it did this it lasted a good few months

^That ban has me concerned. Erowid reported the ban started Sept. 25th; however, my vendor has yet to pull its stock. I'm really hoping I can stock up at the last minute, can't do anything till I have funding in a week... It would suck to never see MXE again :( plus I think I'll ration it better once the availability all but disappears. A couple grams should be a life time supply, if I don't go following my usual habits.

Yeah I stocked up again quite recently, for this very reason. I wish I could spring for a larger amount because this MXE I've been getting is so nice and different batches have shown some pretty different properties between each other.

'20 deaths had been linked to Methoxetamine' what really? I want to see the case reports badly. Until then I will not believe it. I just can't see people dying of toxicity from it- as addicting as it can be, it produces anti-abuse properties by the time someone approaches toxic levels with it.
Towards the end of my binges (I go into dosage levels and durations that have hardly been explored) it always stops being pleasant, feeling of burn-out and headache etc. In other words the drug tells you loud and clear when you've gone too far too fast. Maybe im just different, but even after i do go too far with it, I feel really damn good after giving my body-mind-spirit a couple days of rest. In fact I love how my mind has been tuned over the past 3 years of use. How is that deadly?

I can only guess that these deaths are linked to extremely stupid combinations with others drugs and people tripping so hard they do something extremely stupid like jump off a cliff. Those cases could be minimized or eliminated with proper education and guides/shamans/tripsitters. Prohibition is not the answer! In my world I would make it legal to possess and consume after taking a lesson course in safe/medicinal/spiritual use and then passing a test. Or it can be administered in a controlled setting to someone as prescibed by a licensed MXE practitioner.

I'm not trying to downplay the danger here. It is a very powerful drug, and I believe people need to understand quite a few things about the drug (as well as the nature of consciousness) before going into it or there is risk of unintented outcomes.

I'm sure you can kill yourself if you inject a huge dose all at once. I don't know what that dose would be though. I don't think we've established an LD50 yet. Does anybody know or want to guess?

I'm just trying to sort out the real danger versus the fabricated danger as a reason to ban it.

Last edited:
i couldn't tell you be i agree with you i dont see it being any way as dangerous as they are making it out to be

I have a hard time believing it could kill at any remotely reasonable dosage levels. I'd like to see the evidence relating to "20 deaths" as well

There probably all incidental deaths like the one where the kid took MXE then drowned in a lake when he tried to go swimming with his friend...or the one where someone IVed a huge dose of it with MDAI simetaneously...

Hi everyone,

So I'm currently writing a PhD on legal highs and how they've emerged and are being regulated. At the moment I'm writing about the European level decision to prohibit MXE and the evidence it was based on. Critical for me is the fact that the way they construct 'harm' is to act like the substance is basically random and the harms that happen happen not because of how people engage with the drug or the purity of the substance in question but because of some inherent 'danger' to MXE.

I had no plans to quote anyone in the paper, which I would never do without consent, but for my own thinking it's very interesting reading people's accounts of how they understand MXE and thinking about how alternative understandings might be preferable to the somewhat superficial 'scientific' analysis - in my opinion - that you get at the 'expert risk assessment' level in Europe. What's quite ironic is that even though they seem to claim some sort of expertise in these matters they actually refer to what they've read on forums a few times in the report.

Why are all the articles on the MXE ban written so badly? Am I right in thinking member states have up to a year to implement the ban - so it could still be around in 12 months? And how come this hasn't been more widely reported in more reputable publications?

Have built a up a three-year supply so far, need to add MOAR!

i am waiting on my last two grams to drop in the next week or so think its a fitting way to end things that's abusing drugs not my life that is

Fools gold.....the article u posted that says move was linked to the guy chewing off another's face.....I hate that this incident is still blamed on RCs ....toe t ox report came back and showed notj ing but weed in the suspects system.....but the news never reported that and still continues to straight up LIE about this attack

we found out about it over here if i remember right or did i read that in here that the was nothing in his blood ? but hang on i thought it was noids that that got blamed on

Reevaluated MXE recently, (after thorough 3-MeO-PCP re-education) and the results were as I always saw it, a bland worthless drug that reminds me of ketamine but never really gets me there. None of the zen/post manic lushness of 3-MeO-PCP.....just an inferior ketamine-like experience that drags on. Yuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.