• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy Methallylescaline (MAL) Thread

@ babooon87 - TMA-6 is another potent mescaline analog. Many reports suggest that it's a fairly light psychedelic, but I find it rather strong at a mere 45mg orally. I've used this chemical only thrice -- always at that dose -- but it has invariably yielded a long-lasting, energetic and colorful trip. I like this chemical, but the stimulant-like bodyload can be unpleasant at times. That's why I rarely take it.

@ babooon87 - TMA-6 is another potent mescaline analog. Many reports suggest that it's a fairly light psychedelic, but I find it rather strong at a mere 45mg orally. I've used this chemical only thrice -- always at that dose -- but it has invariably yielded a long-lasting, energetic and colorful trip. I like this chemical, but the stimulant-like bodyload can be unpleasant at times. That's why I rarely take it.
Interesting. Unfortunately most phenethylamines are now banned in my country so I could not obtain it easily (legally anyway).

My theorie is escaline might only show interesting effects in a dosage range closer to actual mescaline (200+ mg) as it does show some promise but just feels too weak under 100 mg. .
Yeah, I've heard that that's the case. I think I'll just stick to mescaline, though.
As for body load MAL really is not that bad.
Not for me. I dose it pretty low, and I still get notable nausea, tremors, antidiuresis, body temperature fluctuations, tremors, muscle tension, cracked lips, etc. Mescaline just gives me nausea and occasional jar tension. MAL and mescaline are tied for most nauseating psychedelic for me.
Another thing that surprised me with that drug is that tolerance buildup is wayyy less than with lysergamides and tryptamines. I find I can take it pretty often with minimal reduction in efficacy
Yeah, it's weird. I think mescaline might be similar based on historical accounts of its use. I can say that a friend had a +++ on MAL and had a +++ on 4-AcO-MiPT with no change of dosage and no perceptible tolerance five days later

Yeah, I've heard that that's the case. I think I'll just stick to mescaline, though.

Not for me. I dose it pretty low, and I still get notable nausea, tremors, antidiuresis, body temperature fluctuations, tremors, muscle tension, cracked lips, etc. Mescaline just gives me nausea and occasional jar tension. MAL and mescaline are tied for most nauseating psychedelic for me.

Do you take it orally ? I suggest the rectal route for reduced nausea. I must add that I am on a ketogenic diet and that alone reduces significantly the bodyload from any drug I take.

Oh that's interesting about the ketogenic diet! I hadn't heard that.

I did take it orally because I wanted the duration, but I think in the future I'll take it rectally for just the nausea reduction. I find lemon oil to help, too. It's definitely a drug that Is recommend ondansetron for, though

Noticeable nausea in exchange for subtle vibrance.. bit of a silly deal. Incidentally, "mal" is Dutch for "silly". It's the silly word for silly.

It's okay at times the nausea fades away. Talking about 60mg rectal.

What could be interesting with this one though is throwing some DPH at it. It could be similar enough to mescaline to have the same surprising cross-potentiation, meaning that civil, commonly prescribed doses could be made to evoke bits of delirium, effects for which you'd otherwise have to damage your brain to reach.

And the nausea would be dealt with as well.

Oh it was super interesting for a one time thing. It clearly gave me some ideas as well!

Back when I had scored cactus I thought it was gonna be a one time thing. And I didn't want to waste it on nausea. So I took a tiny bit of DPH to go along with it. I have no idea whether nausea would have been an issue otherwise. Because I discovered mescaline sends DPH through the freakin' roof! I'm used to having DPH be amplified by DXM, which is already rather sufficient of a cross-effect, to put it lightly. But this was something else. Would have liked to focus on the cool tree eyes the mescaline unveiled (had Aldous Huxley's Doors of Perception on tape with me even), but broad daylight shadows kept peripherally sneaking up on me and I had to take the transcendental plunge into the hell realm again at the end, lol.

So there was really too much going on, you'd need to throw a dissociative in the mix to order things there. But MAL is simpler on the visual end, so I imagine it would be a better fit.

Transparently? You mean without delirium? What's the fun in that!? :p

Ondansetron was put on my radar before. I'll check it out once I have DXM around again.

For nausea I find chewing and swallowing sclices of fresh ginger root works better than anything else I have tried. Not the dried caps or gravol ginger pills but real root with the fresh juices that look funky like an evil sorcerer's wand or something creepy of that nature hahaha.

I tried this a few nights ago in staggered doses. 0hr 1mg, +1hr 10mg, +30min 10mg +30min 10mg +1hr 10mg.

A bit of nausea at the 30mg mark. Underwhelming experience, was coupled with 250ug LSD @ hr 3 to brighten things up. This was a nice flavor on the L. By itself I felt much like I'd taken MDMA but with less push. It felt great on its own, I'd like to try again perhaps with a different ROA.

I tried this a few nights ago in staggered doses. 0hr 1mg, +1hr 10mg, +30min 10mg +30min 10mg +1hr 10mg.

A bit of nausea at the 30mg mark. Underwhelming experience, was coupled with 250ug LSD @ hr 3 to brighten things up. This was a nice flavor on the L. By itself I felt much like I'd taken MDMA but with less push. It felt great on its own, I'd like to try again perhaps with a different ROA.
Interesting.

Some people seem to need large doses, but I don't know any firsthand.

Could be that the time between doses was too long and tolerance had already set in.

Could have been the timeline when you took the LSD—perhaps it caused tolerance.

Next time, it might help to shorten the time between booster doses now that you have a better idea of how you respond.

You could also try a rectal ROA to speed up onset for more effective titration, maybe even less nausea.

Yeah, MAL seems like a good candidate for rectal admin, as rectal tends to reduce bodyloads substantially, and of course nausea, as well as make it come up harder/faster which can lead to a more full-on experience. Just remember to expect it to be twice as potent as oral.

Yeah, MAL seems like a good candidate for rectal admin, as rectal tends to reduce bodyloads substantially, and of course nausea, as well as make it come up harder/faster which can lead to a more full-on experience. Just remember to expect it to be twice as potent as oral.
I would not say it is twice as potent maybe 1,5x. It kicks much faster with less bodyload so it is still a very worthwhile ROA. 60 rectal feels like the sweetspot taken this way.

I never tried rectal administration but wouldn't it cause a bodyload inside your cavity? Wouldn't it give you diarhea?

I never tried rectal administration but wouldn't it cause a bodyload inside your cavity? Wouldn't it give you diarhea?
There's a Big Dandy for it. Just don't use too much water - 1-2ml is plenty. More and it can be uncomfortable.

I would not say it is twice as potent maybe 1,5x. It kicks much faster with less bodyload so it is still a very worthwhile ROA. 60 rectal feels like the sweetspot taken this way.

Wowzers. I legit think that much might cause me some serious thermoregulation and urinary retention issues. What's the oral sweet spot for you? My standard oral dose is 35mg, but I'm sensitive. Most of my friends found 40-45mg to be sufficient, though, for reference. It's interesting how varied people's responses to this one is!

There's a Big Dandy for it. Just don't use too much water - 1-2ml is plenty. More and it can be uncomfortable.

Wowzers. I legit think that much might cause me some serious thermoregulation and urinary retention issues. What's the oral sweet spot for you? My standard oral dose is 35mg, but I'm sensitive. Most of my friends found 40-45mg to be sufficient, though, for reference. It's interesting how varied people's responses to this one is!
I enjoy it anywhere from 20 to 80 but 40-60 is where it seems to give the full spectrum of psychedelia.