• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy Methallylescaline (MAL) Thread

MXE combines amazingly with every psychedelic I've tried. So does ketamine. I find that 3-MeO-PCP combines very well (and powerfully) with lyseragmides, but I haven't tried it with tryptamines yet. It does seem to combine very well with 2C-T-2.

how long was the trip for?
Peaked by 60 minutes, stayed up there for 3 hours and gradually came down by 13th hour.

Never really fell for dissociatives personally... But that's just me, a have a close friend who loves them! :D

I have not tried 2C-D but 4-Aco-MET is pretty bland for me, even if I go up to 50mg, it just becomes a bit uncomfortable, but it is my favorite "mixer" now :)

I'm also pondering combos (MAL)+(AL)+(2C-B-FLY) and (2C-B-FLY)+(AL)+(4-Aco-MET). Would love to try some 2CT compounds!..8)

As far as I can see it is only Shulgin called it tofu "This particular compound is what I call a pharmacological tofu. It doesn't seem to do too much by itself, always teasing, until you get to heroic levels." I think you could say of many compounds essentially they don't do too much till you hit the sweet spot. 2C-Ds great at 100mg or so.

As for MAL it seems many do better at higher levels but smaller amounts don't always encourage you to go higher -Mescaline with a higher body load but that *maybe* doesn't get much worse as you go up; that's not unique but having read the whole thread there is a feeling of being almost none the wiser.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I've seen SKL referencing to it's "tofu" nature a few times around here.

Well perhaps some have borrowed it - I am still not sure how meaningful it is beyond suggestion or specific to this to the compound for the reasons given above - other things don't do much or have a vastly distinct flavour more to the point (tofu is a protein source so has a clearly defined do something for some) till enough is taken. Even Shulgin seems to concede its tofu nature is lost at heroic (or simply effectives) doses but this might be best argued or not in a 2C-D thread. Perhaps it's just me but I am finding the sort lack of clarity on the 'escalines frustrating; one would think there should be some interest. I don't know if anyone still sells them or perhaps the consensus is they aren't majorly well tolerated

I think people use 4-sub-met in those borax mdma replacement combos to turn up the psychedelic factor. Neat to see you using it here in a maybe similar way here volsam.

I think of 4-sub-met as similar to 2cd, but in an opposite kind of way. Maybe where 2cd is the tofu, 4sub met is the sauce. I reckon they'd make a great combo, and think theres a few reports out there on it. Very curious to try.

edit 5 years later: At some point I did try 4-AcO-MET in combo with 2C-D. Despite my hopes I didn't find it to be special. From what I remember there wasn't any notable synergy, just seemed like the two drugs on top of each other. Sample size of 1 though, so probably could use another spin.

Last edited:
It was Shulgin, who have mentioned 2C-D as a "pharmacalogical tofu" first in his book "Pihkal". I gotta smoke less cannabis, my poor memory...8(

I am vegetarian and as I see it, tofu is a perfect source of protein (which is crucial part of food) but missing the flavor so with addition of something that HAS flavor, the tofu will ABSORB it, thus providing a satisfying experience in both taste and nutritional values. So I would add shiitake mushrooms (MAL) which are very flavorful but lacking the protein content compare to tofu (4-Aco-MET), some butter and soy sauce (AL) and I get a dish I can enjoy! :D

Maybe where 2cd is the tofu, 4sub met is the sauce
-very nice! =D

I think people use 4-sub-met in those borax mdma replacement combos to turn up the psychedelic factor. Neat to see you using it here in a maybe similar way here volsam.
The reason is because mdma hits the 5HT-1a agonist receptor. Most other phenethylamines dont hit it. (the ones reocmmended mdai and 5-mapb dont ) so a very small dose of a sub 4 typtamine is added in which hits it giving it that added 5HT-1a agonist receptor kick

I think when people described 2C-D as "psychedelic tofu", they meant to say it was bland and unremarkable (though I disagree that it is). But yeah, adding a tryptamine to something is a wonderful way to really add something to another substance, they make for some great combos. Really good with dissociatives too.
It was alexander shulgin who originally called 2c-d (a mescaline analouge) "pharmacological tofu" the reason he called it that is it acts like tofu absorbing the flavor of other drugs, just like tofu is bland on its own but once you add a 'sauce' it absorbs that flavor. Its in the 2c-d section of pihkal fyi. :)

Sorry for doubke post mods edit this i cant on mobile without deleting the whole thing. :-/

Ok so i would deff think the mal is turning up the intensity of thr 4 aco met. That would make more since because. Mal has a very similar pharmacological makeup as 2-cd. Imhp all of the mescaline analuges are missing the magic that mescaline has. I wish there was a r.c like mescaline but nothing is like the real deal.

Ok so i would deff think the mal is turning up the intensity of thr 4 aco met. That would make more since because. Mal has a very similar pharmacological makeup as 2-cd.
In my experience I felt that MAL took over easily and was the main driving force, being backed up by 4-Aco-MET. I did not even feel anything that I normally feel on 4-Aco-MET when I mixed it in with MAL, same happened with other compounds - 4-Aco-MET just blends in...

Tried this substance the other day. It was just okay for me. I had a good ++ experience with strong visuals for about 3-4 hours but it lacked depth and i had a lot of nausea in the come up. I did it inside though which i suspect was a mistake. I also think i should have dosed higher ( i did 30mg).

Tried this substance the other day. It was just okay for me. I had a good ++ experience with strong visuals for about 3-4 hours but it lacked depth and i had a lot of nausea in the come up. I did it inside though which i suspect was a mistake. I also think i should have dosed higher ( i did 30mg).

Always best to start lower, on something new yeah? I hear a lot of people saying low dosed mal feels like mdma, true?

..low dosed mal feels like mdma, true?
- Not in my experiences. Lots of ways to "replicate" MDMA feel but MAL is not the way to go imo.

I came to conclusion that MAL is a very good mixer and I won't take it alone by itself.
25mg of MAL went very well with 200mcg AL-LAD for me and my friend the other day! It increased the duration to 14hrs, added nice warm neon visual effects and very pleasurable feelings of "flight"... ;)

Sadly, it looks like it's disappearing from RC sources...:(

I am growing very fond of this chemical. I love it at 15-20 mg for a "microdose" and 50-60 mg for a full trip. They headspace is so peacefull and clear-headed with very good and genuine insight. It is sort of subtle but powerful at the same time. It is really good to give a baseline on which to add other substances and enhance them. It is so long lasting I sometimes add other drugs and forget I dosed the methallylescaline and am very pleasantly surprised when the other drugs wear off and instead of returning to sobriety I land back on that MAL cussion. The visuals are beautiful I have never seen that much color enhancement from any other drug. I also find it has little body load contrary to what many people say (I take it rectally so that surely helps). I find it combines beautufully with Lysergamides. They complement each other perfectly and give an amazing headspace and a mental clarity that is second to none. 40-60 mg MAL + 100-200 ug 1cP-LSD is my go-to combo at the moment and I highly recommend it. I have never tried real mescaline and from what I read it is even better and I already find MAL very very interesting.

I can't wait to try my MAL, I have some but haven't tried it yet. From what I hear it is more visual, very similar in terms of headspace but maybe a little more psychedelic and less empathogenic, and is a little harder on the body. Most people seem to find it the best of the mescaline analogues.

Revisited it on NYE. Lovely, as ever. I only had 25mg, which was a little low, but I was worn down and didn't want to put a drain on my system. It was a great way to spend the day reconnecting with loved ones.

I can't wait to try my MAL, I have some but haven't tried it yet. From what I hear it is more visual, very similar in terms of headspace but maybe a little more psychedelic and less empathogenic, and is a little harder on the body. Most people seem to find it the best of the mescaline analogues.
It is in my opinion by far the best and most potent mescaline analogue available. I also tried proscaline and escaline which are pretty nice but feel a bit lacking. Proscaline lacks psychedelia and depth and escaline just feels overall underwhelming. My theorie is escaline might only show interesting effects in a dosage range closer to actual mescaline (200+ mg) as it does show some promise but just feels too weak under 100 mg. As for body load MAL really is not that bad. The only time I got annoying nausea on it is when I drank a lot of booze with i (MAL was dosed rectally at 60 mg). I never in my life came so close to puking for so long (like the 3 hours that followed ingestion). But even then it was not constant and mostly motion-driven so I just lay down immobile until it passed and it did not ruin the experience at all. Another thing that surprised me with that drug is that tolerance buildup is wayyy less than with lysergamides and tryptamines. I find I can take it pretty often with minimal reduction in efficacy.