• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy MET Thread

I'm afraid that I wouldn't consider MET to be comparable to DPT. A lot of people have said that it's DMT-like, but my experience is that it's much, much, much, much lighter. It's gentle and a little visual with a nice emotional quality to it, just really wonderful stuff. It has never rocked my world, and that has been when vaporized. I have tried both insufflated and rectal dosing, and found them to be pleasant but rather lackluster compared to vaporization. I feel like it would take a lot of rather expensive material to get anywhere with them via rectal (which would be expensive) and probably more than I would physically want up my nose anyway.

I had good luck vaporizing the fumarate salt. Although my freebase obviously worked better, it was harder to weigh and manipulate. I'm not particularly worried about the practically insignificant amount of maleic anhydride that may be released by vaporizing the fumarate, but I agree that the risk of harmful pyrolization byproducts produced by this ROA isn't negligible. In a perfect world, it would be inexpensive enough to use a proper dose orally without having to take a reversible monoamine oxidase inhibitor.

I keep reading on and on in this thread looking to find just a few more instances of insufflation. Since snorting the ACO's and the HO's is pretty much my favorite way to ingest these trypts, and I have a nose of steel, I'll be trying the same dose that Dondante first tried. 15 mg.

There's NO way it can be any more painful than snorting 2C-I. That was like catching a sledge hammer in the face.

I didn't find it to be painful via this route, just impractical. Maybe it will be different for you. Some people have had strong effects from MET, but I (a lightweight) have found it hard to get to a desired level of effects from vaping 3x that amount. The most I've insufflated was ~20mg iirc, and I didn't feel much. Rectal was easier to manage dose-wise, but also proved to be disappointing. It just provided some mild stimulation. I think I would need a vastly higher dose to get anywhere, and that's not practical financially and not pleasant nasally.

i never understood why so many people snorted certain chemicals proven long ago best vaporized or orally ingested

and insufflation is harder on the system than smoking

yeah it's cool to snort sh*t but other than that a stupid idea when it comes to base tryps and 4 subs

Have you ever done a bump of 4-ACO-DMT? Or the other trypts? It's literally the best way to do a 4 hr microdose, or just have a banging come up. 4 mg is perfect for academic endeavors and studying, and surprisingly effective during training. If the required dose is over 10 mg for an effect via the nose, then insufflation is not practical IMO. It should be potent enough to not require a volume of powder that would destroy your sinuses for days after the event. I'm trying to feel this one out and see if it meets my criteria. If 15 mg works out, I'd bet the next escalation would be ingestion or plugging for me personally, unless I can convert the fumarate salt to a freebase.

Comeup (snorted) is 40 mins regardless of dose for the 4 subs, hits pretty strong (dose determines the strength of the experience really), but in my experience, you're in and out faster when you insufflate. Which is appealing to me for personal reasons, at certain times.

If I was going to smoke this shit, I'd need to convert the salt to a freebase to hit it properly. I have nothing against oral or smoking, but it's a matter of preference. Having only enough to do a few experiments with is restrictive, but them's the breaks!

and insufflation is harder on the system than smoking
I'd have to say that there is times where either could be preferable. Depends on the context, the situation, the drug, the volume of drug required and the duration of administration, purity etc etc etc. Many many reasons could be discussed. But for this particular case, preference and the state (fumarate salt) dictate the preferable ROI (Route of ingestion).

Last edited:
True enough, I shouldn't make sweeping pronouncements in an alcoholic haze- in fact I enjoy a light dusting of 5meoDMT insufflated, but only oh so oh so little. Insufflate too much accidentally and wind up in a state of akathisia, your tongue popping in and out of your head like a cuckoo clock, hoping to hell it's going to stop. Possibly. :rolleyes:

I guess I find it weird when I read experience reports on erowid for example, and in some instances nearly everyone is snorting chemicals that are more effective and a better experience via other ROAs. In the case of MET for example, 50mg is a lot of powder to insufflate and nasal irritation just to wind up ingesting LESS of the compound than if one smoked it. From snorting to smoking to shooting, each ROA provides a more effective delivery than the previous.

But I totally get wanting to try a particular compound via a variety of ROAs in order to assess it thoroughly. It's the folks who choose the worst ROA possible and then write off the compound as unsatisfactory in their review who drive me crazy. That's not necessarily a Bluelight issue, just thoughts I'd been mulling recently.

True enough, I shouldn't make sweeping pronouncements in an alcoholic haze- in fact I enjoy a light dusting of 5meoDMT insufflated, but only oh so oh so little. Insufflate too much accidentally and wind up in a state of akathisia, your tongue popping in and out of your head like a cuckoo clock, hoping to hell it's going to stop. Possibly. :rolleyes:

I guess I find it weird when I read experience reports on erowid for example, and in some instances nearly everyone is snorting chemicals that are more effective and a better experience via other ROAs. In the case of MET for example, 50mg is a lot of powder to insufflate and nasal irritation just to wind up ingesting LESS of the compound than if one smoked it. From snorting to smoking to shooting, each ROA provides a more effective delivery than the previous.

But I totally get wanting to try a particular compound via a variety of ROAs in order to assess it thoroughly. It's the folks who choose the worst ROA possible and then write off the compound as unsatisfactory in their review who drive me crazy. That's not necessarily a Bluelight issue, just thoughts I'd been mulling recently.
I do like your take on the whole nuance of when and why various ROI's are preferable over others given context. I'm guilty of posting while high and sometimes I read what I wrote and have to put my tail between my legs and apologize, or edit, or both sometimes haha. We're pretty much all open minded friends here on BL. Collaboration and open discussion is what makes this platform so attractive. Also, the types that frequent these Quasi underground forums is much more intellectual by and large than the traffic typically found on reddit. So for that, I appreciate your assessment whilst in the throws of an alcoholic haze. It's nice to just toss it up and see what comes back in the Bluelight Ethos. All positive vibes, playful judgment jabs at times, but generally agreeable and productive dialogue.

Anyway, to add my 5 mg up the schnoz experiment. It was definitely attempting to shift my state to a more ethereal realm. But the low dose and the grossness of the chem in my sinuses made me just stop there and re-plan my next psych use, appreciating the very subtle mood lift and slight energy increase, but no change in the + range to be reported (half a + maybe). Thought about going for another 10 - 15, but the rust like smell and the very prevalent after taste / sensation made me think that boofing at 10 - 20 mg would be a good next step. I'd pondered injecting trypts, but the only reasonable candidates would be 4-ACO-DMT, and my other fav, 4-ACO-MET at low doses. Anyway, my hedonistic junkey brain needs to just calm down and try boofing the 15 of MET fumarate first after a period of abstinence and see how things go from there. I won't expect much, but boofing is literally the next most effective way for pharmacological entities to pass into the blood stream bypassing first hepatic metabolism, since the colin is designed to reabsorb excess water from the... digested material which is moved into the area for just that reason. Re-absorption of water and nutrients which have been altered by the bacteria in the large intestine. This is the 2nd most effective ROA next to IV injection, from my first hand morphine slamming / plugging days. Plugging was almost exactly as potent, with a slightly (10 min longer) come up. I feel like this could be extrapolated to any other water soluble compound should it make it's way into your inquisitive psychonaut butthole. Hell, I may even try some particular amino acids ala boof some day. For science maybe? Was also planning injecting Acetyl-L-Carnitine as a way to upregulate androgen receptor density amongst a host of other positive physiological effects. It's an amino, so I'd say it should be pretty safe. So many experiments, so little time.

Just had my first go with MET (fumarate) a few days ago and to start off I think it's a fantastic chemical. I didnt weigh my dose I rather just treated it like DMT, and threw approx 40mg on a base of weed, covered with ash a dash of met and then again covered with ash.

I got an ember slowly going and took in two deep tokes. Immediately a dmt like tryptamine feel began to take hold and I was filled with a sense of trippy joy and euphoria. It wasnt very visual, but I suspect at higher doses it will become a bit more so. Instinct tells me that hitting MET and than dmt a few minutes in would lead to a very visually rich place.

In this instance I was happy with just the MET and I allowed myself to be swallowed by its embrace. My experience lasted easily an hour with maybe 2 hours of gradually declining trippiness.

I look forward to trying more in a less improv setting.

A day later some ketamine fell on my lap, which I indulged in at a heavy dose and I hit the original pipe for any remaining residue, I crawled into bed and just melted happy.

Nice, MET has always sounded lovely. Was there any mental depth?
There certainly was a deep sense of peace, but it was not super intellectual, much more feely, would prolly be great in an intimate setting...

Nice, MET has always sounded lovely. Was there any mental depth?
I suspect that you would quite like MET, Xorkoth. I think it is really in the goldilocks zone of richness, emotionality, depth, pleasure, warmth, eroticism, and healing. I rarely take it because I have so little. It's one of the few that I really wish I had a lifetime supply of laying around, but sadly that's not the case.

I suspect that you would quite like MET, Xorkoth. I think it is really in the goldilocks zone of richness, emotionality, depth, pleasure, warmth, eroticism, and healing. I rarely take it because I have so little. It's one of the few that I really wish I had a lifetime supply of laying around, but sadly that's not the case.
You're very right I forgot to mention the enhanced eroticism, I def think it would be a great tool for intimacy

So a few weeks have passed and I've gotten to know MET much better. My 1st experience was by far the most intriguing, possibly because it was novel.

I can now say that MET is more DET like than DMT like. I have taken it up to approx 100mg (smoked/vaped) and even at that level there are minimal OEVs. It can get pretty active CEVs but still not comparable to DMT, DPT, psilos, 4-ho-met.. It's very relaxing and warm to me and everyone I've shared it with. One friend, who was actively on mushrooms at the time actually fell "asleep" mid trip.

I would very much like to combo it with DMT at some point combining the peaks. The MET hits pretty strong initially and gradually gets stronger until the 15-20 minute mark, where it than slowly recedes. Main effects are almost always gone by 1 hr, and then I am left with about another hour of residuals.

I've also tried DPT which is way trippier, uncomfortable, and fast paced. I find MET to be one of most gentle psychedelics in existence. It's very very nice, but if you're expecting to be transported to a different dimension or even a strong CEV journey you may be dissapointed

So a few weeks have passed and I've gotten to know MET much better. My 1st experience was by far the most intriguing, possibly because it was novel.

I can now say that MET is more DET like than DMT like. I have taken it up to approx 100mg (smoked/vaped) and even at that level there are minimal OEVs. It can get pretty active CEVs but still not comparable to DMT, DPT, psilos, 4-ho-met.. It's very relaxing and warm to me and everyone I've shared it with. One friend, who was actively on mushrooms at the time actually fell "asleep" mid trip.

I would very much like to combo it with DMT at some point combining the peaks. The MET hits pretty strong initially and gradually gets stronger until the 15-20 minute mark, where it than slowly recedes. Main effects are almost always gone by 1 hr, and then I am left with about another hour of residuals.

I've also tried DPT which is way trippier, uncomfortable, and fast paced. I find MET to be one of most gentle psychedelics in existence. It's very very nice, but if you're expecting to be transported to a different dimension or even a strong CEV journey you may be dissapointed
I'am glad if you enjoyed. I would like to ask some question if you are experienced with it. Did you use fumarate or HCL? Not really clear for me which is the better and why. I'm just got a few days ago 0,5 fumurate which is brown dusty type nuggets. Can I smoke this? A little bit affraid to try because I was read about the inpurity a lot in this thread. Not so much information on other sites. Your MET how is it looks?

Last edited:
I'am glad if you enjoyed. I would like to ask some question if you are experienced with it. Did you use fumarate or HCL? Not really clear for me which is the better and why. I'm just got a few days ago 0,5 fumurate which is brown dusty type nuggets. Can I smoke this? A little bit affraid to try because I was read about the inpurity a lot in this thread. Not so much information on other sites. Your MET how is it looks?
My MET is the fumarate salt and is a light tan powder with small clumps. I cant speak for your material but mine smoked quite easily

I don't mean to double post as I just made a post about this last week.
But I was able easily convert MET Fumarate to a freebase oil using sodium hydroxide basified water and then a mixture of xylene and toluene(possibly just xylene or toluene would work alone) to capture the basiified MET.
This was then evaporated down and then collected and pit into a pressure vac (like for making thc shatter) for about 5 hours to.remove any resididual solvent.
The basified end product was EXTREMELY visual for me which caught me off guard....now I used this same method to convert some DPT hcl to freebase which worked amazingly well and had vaped sone basified DPT oil on a "ceramic flavor disc" in a bong with no water a few days before so it's possible that there was some residual DPT in the ceramic flavor disc.
I will report back when I try it in a fresh ceramic disc but it's possible that it's much more active as a freebase when vaped vs the fumarate.
Also, my batch of MET was very very old which I got for free from a now defunct RC company and was completely red in appearance and made a red oil freebase.
It was very neat when I added the solvent and saw all the red move from the basified water to the solvent....the basified water was nearly clear after it migrated to the to the xylene/toluene.

I don't mean to double post as I just made a post about this last week.
But I was able easily convert MET Fumarate to a freebase oil using sodium hydroxide basified water and then a mixture of xylene and toluene(possibly just xylene or toluene would work alone) to capture the basiified MET.
This was then evaporated down and then collected and pit into a pressure vac (like for making thc shatter) for about 5 hours to.remove any resididual solvent.
The basified end product was EXTREMELY visual for me which caught me off guard....now I used this same method to convert some DPT hcl to freebase which worked amazingly well and had vaped sone basified DPT oil on a "ceramic flavor disc" in a bong with no water a few days before so it's possible that there was some residual DPT in the ceramic flavor disc.
I will report back when I try it in a fresh ceramic disc but it's possible that it's much more active as a freebase when vaped vs the fumarate.
Also, my batch of MET was very very old which I got for free from a now defunct RC company and was completely red in appearance and made a red oil freebase.
It was very neat when I added the solvent and saw all the red move from the basified water to the solvent....the basified water was nearly clear after it migrated to the to the xylene/toluene.
Very very interesting. I havent found the fumarate to be very visual (mostly peripheral with color enhancement), and I've taken it to approx 100mg. so maybe I will give this a try.

I dont find dpt to be particularly visual (OEV at least) but I do find it more visual than MET so I wonder if any residue may have colored the experience.

Also it's a "vacuum oven" I think you meant to say.

My biggest worry would be that toluene has a pretty high boiling point and difficult to remove at temps that wouldnt hurt the tryptamine. It is a bit surprising regarding your discovery of low solubility of tryptamines in naptha tho.

Very very interesting. I havent found the fumarate to be very visual (mostly peripheral with color enhancement), and I've taken it to approx 100mg. so maybe I will give this a try.

I dont find dpt to be particularly visual (OEV at least) but I do find it more visual than MET so I wonder if any residue may have colored the experience.

Also it's a "vacuum oven" I think you meant to say.

My biggest worry would be that toluene has a pretty high boiling point and difficult to remove at temps that wouldnt hurt the tryptamine. It is a bit surprising regarding your discovery of low solubility of tryptamines in naptha tho.
Yes it was a vacuum pressure oven I'm not sure but I set it to 125 degrees but I'm not sure if that was Fahrenheit or Celsius...it's whst the guy at the grow store told me he set his too for making shatter when I bought the unit back in the day and of course it let it go to maximum pressure.
It bubbled at first and I.let it go while I was sleeping and check it when I woke up and it was no longer bubbling which is how I used to make dabs when I grew weed for my old medical grow.
So far only DMT is suitable for extraction with naphtha...everything from DPT to most 4 subbed trips have very poor solubility in naphtha....this is why I've been experimenting with a mixture of xylene and toluene at 50/50 ratio just to be sure I'm.getting the based synthetic tryptamines. I'm not sure if just xylene or just toluene work as effectively.

Last edited:
Yes it was a vacuum pressure oven I'm not sure but I set it to 125 degrees but I'm not sure if that was Fahrenheit or Celsius...it's whst the guy at the grow store told me he set his too for making shatter when I bought the unit back in the day and of course it let it go to maximum pressure.
It bubbled at first and I.let it go while I was sleeping and check it when I woke up and it was no longer bubbling which is how I used to make dabs when I grew weed for my old medical grow.
So far only DMT is suitable for extraction with naphtha...everything from DPT to most 4 subbed trips have very poor solubility in naphtha....this is why I've been experimenting with a mixture of xylene and toluene at 50/50 ratio just to be sure I'm.getting the based synthetic tryptamines. I'm not sure if just xylene or just toluene work as effectively.
They should behave very similarly. If toluene works by itself that's what I'd opt for because xylene has a much higher boiling point at 138c compared to toluene 110c. Toluene is much easier to strip