View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy MDAI Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im really wondering what MDAI + 2c-d would be like.

Perhaps the 'tofu' qualities of the 2c-d would potentiate the reported erotic qualities of mdai and make it more interesting overall. ?

Im really wondering what MDAI + 2c-d would be like.

Perhaps the 'tofu' qualities of the 2c-d would potentiate the reported erotic qualities of mdai and make it more interesting overall. ?

Interesting hypothesis. I might give it a go in a few weeks. :)

i've contemplated that combo as well, but haven't had any 2c-d since 2004. may have to get some more. I think it could also benefit the mdai+m1 combo many people have found to be useful.

hey guys, i've read in the other MDAI thread (I think was first experience or something) that is not a good idea to re dose with MDAI..., but in this thread I've read that its ok.... kind of lost here...

not sure how effective redosing is. but at any rate, it doesn't appear to be acutely dangerous. Obviously no one knows anything about the long term effects of this chemical though.

I bet it would be nice to have a 200mg dose at the tail end of a stim sesh. Some euphoria yet theraputic and chilled. Just what you want after stims

This is good, but not as good as one might think--it certainly has that rolling feel, but it's slightly marred by that stimulant come-downiness, blocking a bit of the nascent empathetic opening. Concurrent peaks and then modest, MDAI-skewed redosing might be the ticket. I also work with WAY smaller doses than 200 mg, but I've combined MDAI with selegiline most of the time (I don't recommend the combo except for those very experienced with selegiline-combinations, as selegiline + MDAI is highly experimental and could be dangerous). For me, 50 mg MDAI yields prominent effects, and then a 50 mg re-dose two to 2.5 hrs. later hits the spot. As the effects of the latter wane, my brain sorta tells me that my intracellular vesicles haven't enough 5ht to dump much more out, so then I'm done for the evening. 100-150 mg is a more typical attack-dose for users w/o tolerance to entactogens. 200 mg is quite strong.

hey guys, i've read in the other MDAI thread (I think was first experience or something) that is not a good idea to re dose with MDAI..., but in this thread I've read that its ok.... kind of lost here...

not sure how effective redosing is. but at any rate, it doesn't appear to be acutely dangerous. Obviously no one knows anything about the long term effects of this chemical though.

I've found redosing to be as effective as with MDMA, no more, no less (1-2 redoses will be all that's worthwhile in an evening). Part of the warning against redosing (primarily from Jamshyd) is that the apparently benign nature of the drug (subtlety, lack of unwanted stimulation, lack of much of an immediate come-down when taken alone) leads people to think that MDAI can be dosed often and repeatedly. However, doing so may usher in delayed negative after-effects, principally 'depression', a la MDMA.

MDAI might be a safER empathogen/entactogen, but it still deserves to be treated with respect.

ebola

This is good, but not as good as one might think--it certainly has that rolling feel, but it's slightly marred by that stimulant come-downiness, blocking a bit of the nascent empathetic opening. Concurrent peaks and then modest, MDAI-skewed redosing might be the ticket. I also work with WAY smaller doses than 200 mg, but I've combined MDAI with selegiline most of the time (I don't recommend the combo except for those very experienced with selegiline-combinations, as selegiline + MDAI is highly experimental and could be dangerous). For me, 50 mg MDAI yields prominent effects, and then a 50 mg re-dose two to 2.5 hrs. later hits the spot. As the effects of the latter wane, my brain sorta tells me that my intracellular vesicles haven't enough 5ht to dump much more out, so then I'm done for the evening. 100-150 mg is a more typical attack-dose for users w/o tolerance to entactogens. 200 mg is quite strong.

I've found redosing to be as effective as with MDMA, no more, no less (1-2 redoses will be all that's worthwhile in an evening). Part of the warning against redosing (primarily from Jamshyd) is that the apparently benign nature of the drug (subtlety, lack of unwanted stimulation, lack of much of an immediate come-down when taken alone) leads people to think that MDAI can be dosed often and repeatedly. However, doing so may usher in delayed negative after-effects, principally 'depression', a la MDMA.

MDAI might be a safER empathogen/entactogen, but it still deserves to be treated with respect.

ebola

thanx for the explanation ebola, question? is there any difference in how dangerous could a mix between mda + d-amph or mdai + MPH and the mix between selegine + MDAI you talk about? also, wich one gives you a better roll in your opinion? in case you've tried all 3 combos...

mdai + ephedrine

what about mdai + ephedrine?
I know that in comparison ephedrine is rather weak, but i wanted to see peoples opinions on whether they would mix well together.

thx all...

ephedrine is substantially more noradrenergic than dopaminergic, and while 5HT, DA, & NE are all apparently necessary for a "classical" empathogenic/entactogenic experience, I personally think that the main factors are 5HT & DA, while NE obviously plays a role I suspect it may be responsible for some of the less desirable effects as well.

In many cases, people assume that NE plays a minor role in stimulants' and empathogens/entactogens' desirable fx. I find this unjustified. For a point of comparison, we have: MDMA (affecting 5ht, DA, and NE all to a great extent), MBDB (affecting 5ht and NE but not DA (well maybe just a lil' bit)), and MDAI (affecting pretty much only 5ht). And then we have auxiliary comparison points: ethcathinone for a relatively selective, centrally active NE releaser, and ephedrine, an NE releaser exerting severe peripheral effects. (there are other possible compounds which we could compare; the above is a bit arbitrary.)

Okay...so we can look at what type of experience NE release effects in relative isolation from other effects. Surprisingly, many people find ethcathinone a solid, mildly euphoric stimulant. We can also look at the MBDB/MDAI contrast to see what role NE plays in 'non-stimulant' (really, non-dopaminergic) entactogens. However, there currently exists no selective releaser of 5ht and DA (sans NE fx), so we can't discern what NE brings to the DA + 5ht party. Hell...there's no DA releaser with little NE activity, even.

IMO, NE likely adds greatly to the body-high and felt excitement, but also anxiety and 'crashing'.

is there any difference in how dangerous could a mix between mda + d-amph or mdai + MPH and the mix between selegine + MDAI you talk about?

I'll assume that you meant MDAI when you wrote "mda". MDAI + d-amp will likely more closely mimic good aspects of mdma but will exert greater neurotoxicity than the combo w/ mph. MDAI + MPH is likely only very minorly neurotoxic, or perhaps not at all.

MDAI + selegiline is a different story: since exogenously triggered dopamine release does not occur in the combo, selegiline doesn't potentiate MDAI via that mechanism. So I hypothesize that MDAI is a substrate for maob, hence potentiation when taken with an MAOBI. The underlying data? Not much. I've found that with selegiline, 50 mg mdai will yield moderately strong fx (just the right level) for roughly 3 hrs., 1 redose at like T + 2 hrs. working well. Another selegiline user on BL finds MDAI idiosyncratically potent too. Typical doses for MDAI taken alone tend to be more like 100-200 mg. But be careful: this combo is experimental, and you could be somehow highly sensitive, etc. and yield dangerously strong fx. I'd do Shulgin-esque titration with the MDAI for this combo.

ebola

In many cases, people assume that NE plays a minor role in stimulants' and empathogens/entactogens' desirable fx. I find this unjustified. For a point of comparison, we have: MDMA (affecting 5ht, DA, and NE all to a great extent), MBDB (affecting 5ht and NE but not DA (well maybe just a lil' bit)), and MDAI (affecting pretty much only 5ht). And then we have auxiliary comparison points: ethcathinone for a relatively selective, centrally active NE releaser, and ephedrine, an NE releaser exerting severe peripheral effects. (there are other possible compounds which we could compare; the above is a bit arbitrary.)

Okay...so we can look at what type of experience NE release effects in relative isolation from other effects. Surprisingly, many people find ethcathinone a solid, mildly euphoric stimulant. We can also look at the MBDB/MDAI contrast to see what role NE plays in 'non-stimulant' (really, non-dopaminergic) entactogens. However, there currently exists no selective releaser of 5ht and DA (sans NE fx), so we can't discern what NE brings to the DA + 5ht party. Hell...there's no DA releaser with little NE activity, even.

IMO, NE likely adds greatly to the body-high and felt excitement, but also anxiety and 'crashing'.

I suspect it would be nearly impossible to find any dopaminergic substance with negligible NE activity, as the two seem to be inextricably linked by at least a couple biochemical processes. And I definitely agree with you on the excitement, anxiety, and crashing. Possibly the body high as well, though I'm less confident in that.

Lately I've given friends who are at the paranoid end of a meth trip to stop paranoia. Seems to work or at least relax them. Dose wise 120 - 160 mg
have found it does wonders

Anyone have any good experiences with this alone? I've browsed quite a few pages, but only seem to find mentions of combos.

Many people do enjoy it alone... but only if they aren't looking for a "replacement" for MDMA and just take it on its own terms. It's a far more chilled and relaxing drug more suited to a night in than a night out. I think they way it's often marketed as "legal MDMA" is why so many try to make it so with varying degrees of success. And there are those that prefer to try to mimic MDMA's effects to an extent who are concerned about possible neurotoxicity too, perhaps. I will probably be sampling some on its own later but if I had a suitable stim to hand I probably would try the combo at some point too... but I don't have a suitable stimulant so won't be for a while.

Ok so I have donated my body to science for the greater good.

i have a nice big tolerance to mdxx i should add aswell

first sample by myself:
Mdai 50mg snorted.
was actually surprised by this
burnt a fair bit and tasted pretty yuck...but within about 15-20mins music sounded a lot nicer and i forgot about the yucky taste.
was just lieing down with my fooling around with the mrs listening to some dubstep for a good 15 or 20mins.. i had also developed a slight body buzz

We then decided to watch some big bang theory on my laptop.
What i did not expect then is to get enhanced visual effects... it appeared as if everything was cleared and its hard to describe but more 3d.
effects gradually diminished after an hour till everything was gone at around 1hr and 30 mins. no comedown/scatteredness or anything ... went to sleep fine after some nawty stuff

2nd sample

1.2g methylone combined with 350mg MDAI
Over 6 hours in combined caps of 200mg m1 and either 50mg mdai or 100mg mdai

10pm i drop first capsule of 100mg mdai just before walking into the club
dont feel much... taking a lil while to kick and i definately need more
10:30pm drop 2nd capsule of 50mg MDAI
at about 10:45 i feel a slight buzz... coming up but not very strong at all(I dont really feel the m1 at all but definately feel some of the mdai)..I give it a lil time but feel that need another to get going
11.00pm Drop 3rd capsule of 50mg mdai
11.20pm I start to feel like im rolling...not all that strong though i am a bit dissapointed still havin a good time dancing music appreciation definately is up.slight body buzz no real tingles or that come up feeling
It doesnt feel chargy at all... but a bit floaty...not overwhelmingly so like mdma
11.45 Drop 4th capsule of 50mg mdai
Adds to my roll... feeling good.. definately feel the m1 alot more now.. still not as chargy as id hope for.. doesnt feel like ive taken a high dose of m1 or mdma..
12.00 Drop 5th Capsule of 50mg mdai
ok so now im probably chasing the dragon:p but o well
I stay at about the same level...nothing really changes here
12.30 Drop 6th Capsule of 50mg mdai
Tryin to maintain my level of mung! 2 hours left for this set.
1.30am Starting to comedown slowly losing energy but i dont feel tired.. but body buzz and music sensation still stay pretty strong
2.30am pretty much down... only hightened music sensation remains.
3.30 am ok im down completely time to head home
i feel completely sober almost... if it wasnt for my dry mouth and scraped tongue from gurn... still dont feel that tired... just worn out from some dancing
I dont feel scattered at all should note
so i start playing music for my group of friends.. who are all still pinging(im a lil bit jealous!) till around
6.00am where i smoke a couple of cones
omg this knocks me completely out( i am only an occasional smoker(say once or twice a week)
7.00am i pretty much pass out for a bit..now i feel really scattered..I get some rest then continue to play some tunes on my decks
9.00am pretty much ready to sleep now.. so i head to bed and get 3hrs sleep
12.00pm wake up... wow i thought it was going 5pm cant believe i have only got 3hrs sleep... i feel pretty good...so i start doing housework to keep the girlfriend happy.
3pm Time for uni...yay 2hr prac class which i somehow got through with relative ease...just got stumped on one question where i couldnt think
im just a little bit scattered at this point..
5pm yay this is over.. walk home.. eat some dinner where i watch some tv
and around 7pm i fall asleep watching tv till about 9pm where girlfriend tells me to go to bed...where i fall asleep nearly instantly
next day feel fine.. no scatteredness or anything just a bit tired still

What i think have learnt..
MDai will need a drug with a stronger dopamine effect... like meth maybe?(i dont really touch amphetamines by themselvs can only relate to speedy pills)
I have high tolerance to mdai so tolerance is related to mdma use...
there is not a real comedown..
i think dosing higher than 100-200mg is probably a waste
when used in combinations i think it would be wise to be taken by itself.. and timed better

anyhow trial 3 is beginning in about 20 mins...<3

Bombed 1g of what i thought was mdai, over a period of about 6 hours last night.
Had a little to drink too, half a bottle of wine.
Noticed no effect, wish i could give a source so that others dont buy the same stuff.

Anyone have any good experiences with this alone?

Oh, yes! Okay, fine, cannabis and ~1.5 beers were also involved. Music sounded fantastic, and the body high was pretty nice. Very quiet, drowsy, and couch-locked though.

ebola

Sampled a sample or several last night and was very pleasant. Definitely noticed the positive effects on music and mood and didn't find it sedating rather just not stimulating. Doses were 150mg with a 100mg chaser an hour later taken orally, two IV doses at 100mg and 125mg and another at 125mg with 10mg of 2C-C for shits and giggles.

Oral doses as expected lasted longer and were more "rounded" and "full" but after around four hours I got a bit needle happy as is often my wont. Briefer affair (an our or so before top-up time) but had a fair bit more oomph injected (oddly enough) and almost felt like a low-moderate dose of MDMA. Went very well with the 2C-C and suspect it would play nice with plenty other things. Really rather nice stuff :)

PS: Feel fine today - just a slight headache and lack of energy (which is hardly unusual anyway) but I also drank a fair bit last night.

has anyone ever tried mdai+mdma?
maybe that combo could be used to replicate this?

Status
Not open for further replies.