View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy MDAI Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting news on the brown being an impurity, i'm surprised by that - it looked really homogenous, not like dirty JWH does, and being a new class of compound, it being brown was believable.

I will see if i can replicate your results, Iodjini_dk. Did you do that with the base or the HCl?

is there even any value to this compound at all?

It's not really worth boosting your serotonin for a mild lift if you're going to have an mdma comedown or worse a couple days later.. There are bunches of other serotonin acting trips.. There seems no point to this other than emotional damage in exchange for ecstatic relaxation one could easily achieve with some weed and meditation..

I have no idea why you would want to downregulate your serotonin receptors for a decent time. Buy some mdma. Who gives a fuck if you're on probation. Just roll a few days before your piss test or take less pills until probs over.. Not worth the experience at all. Blast your brain with something good.

If you'd read the rest of the thread, you'd have noted that people have found that it does not produce rapid short term tolerance nor typically produce an mdma-like comedown

I have come to greatly appreciate the MDAI + MDPV combo. Really helps offset negative side effects of the peevee.

Yeah, I was on it today, nothing like MDMA though, just a mellower stimulant with some more euphoria and music appreciation thrown in.

Couldn't figure out anything better to do with this MDAI, so I mixes 50mg mdai +25mg 5meo DALT, and 22 mg 2cd. Never had much luck with any of these on their own, but together there was a nice synergy. Smoothed out the body feel of the 2cd for sure.

^interesting. I'd thought this would be a good chem to use in combo with 2c-d, but haven't gotten to for various reasons. I recently tried MDAI+M1+2c-e. Not as synergistic as I'd hoped at all. As soon as the MDAI+M1 kicked in, it felt like the 2c-e just quietly left for the most part. There was still a bit of residual weirdness and things definitely looked odd, but much less so than I would've expected, especially since I was only 3.5hrs into a 15mg oral dose of 2c-e... go figure.

if this stuff is 'turning black' then thats one thing. thats curious. especially in a temperature controlled, dark environment.

if its coming to you brown and staying that way, i would bet its just a final wash issue. like mdma and acetone. in which case its a non-issue. just like bleached flour vs non bleached flour. its still flour.

Yeah, I was on it today, nothing like MDMA though, just a mellower stimulant with some more euphoria and music appreciation thrown in.

This is true. Head space can be a bit funky at time--not bad or good, just funky.

Interestingly enough I was able to fall asleep <5 hours after ingestion. WEIRD dreams ensued.

holy yawns batman

^^except fluor hasnt gone thorugh some sketchy synthesis involving some pretty toxic substances. Any chemist with respect for him/herself would have done the final wash. Thats pretty damn easy and quick.

I will see if i can replicate your results, Iodjini_dk. Did you do that with the base or the HCl?

The base. I would reccomend using a different solvent though. the base is not very soluble in heptane. If it is, that MDAI is filled with other sorts of crap anyways. Im guessing DCM would work better, but using a lab for my personal interests is not an option for me, so heptane was the only solvent I had at my disposal.

The good thing is that the MDAI precipitated much faster than the other non polar impurities, so its quite easy to seperate when evaporating.

^interesting. I'd thought this would be a good chem to use in combo with 2c-d, but haven't gotten to for various reasons. I recently tried MDAI+M1+2c-e. Not as synergistic as I'd hoped at all. As soon as the MDAI+M1 kicked in, it felt like the 2c-e just quietly left for the most part. There was still a bit of residual weirdness and things definitely looked odd, but much less so than I would've expected, especially since I was only 3.5hrs into a 15mg oral dose of 2c-e... go figure.

When I was on 2c-i at New Years', I had a line of mephedrone and it completely dulled the trip. Maybe it's something to do with beta-ketones?

naginnudej said:
This is true. Head space can be a bit funky at time--not bad or good, just funky.

Interestingly enough I was able to fall asleep <5 hours after ingestion. WEIRD dreams ensued.

holy yawns batman

Hah, sleep was not at all on the agenda for me, but yeah I agree with the bizarre headspace. The combo freaked me out somewhat in retrospect, going from clear to blurry to clear again. Hmm.

60mg of MDAI+1,5ml of GBL, very good combo, the MDAI really adds to the euphoria of the GBL, and the combo feels "natural" if that makes sense, your not completely fucked just some very nice euphoria.

Tried another 204mg (oral) today. Ate two slices of wheat bread and yogurt about 50 minutes beforehand. After nearly 3 hours of waiting, I got bored and decided to smoke marijuana.

I have previously tried 30mg and 100mg, both oral. No effects were felt as well.

It's a bit odd, but doses with this one seem to be all over the place.

I suppose I'll try 300mg next time.

I have found MDAI to be very subtle at the 100mgs mark. It's pressence is slightly evident when I try to sleep (Nothing a couple of nice joints can't subdue). Higher up (200 mgs) I found it began to be more mentally interesting, with empathogenic qualities and little of the pleasant body sensations of MDMA. I combined 100mgs of MDAI today with 300mgs of Methylone today. I waited half an hour after dropping the MDAI before dropping the M1. The combination was (is) sweet. There was a more prolongued come up and peak from the M1 and I felt emboldened to hit the DMT after a while. It was all rather jolly, and a good breakthrough dose was imbibed. Still buzzing a little even now.
I was initially disappointed by MDAI, along the lines of 'Why are all the Good things bad for you (MDMA), while the Not-So-Good things Good for you (MDAI). But in combination with M1 it proved to be a nice addittional flavour. Although by combining it with another drug, I probably recompensate against MDAIs possible health advantages.
Just my angle on this odd seemingly subtle material. Peace - Pipp

MDAI is definatly benign, ive been taking 60 mg twice a day for a week now, synergizes nicely with weed.

Warning: dont try taking mdai daily, there's a risk of developping a strange desease or heart valve damage.

MDAI is definatly benign, ive been taking 60 mg twice a day for a week now, synergizes nicely with weed.

Warning: dont try taking mdai daily, there's a risk of developping a strange desease or heart valve damage.

uh, wha?

benign (adj): not dangerous to health

I genuinely hope that's the case.

....but this is a reductionist free zone so let's not make any assumptions :p

uh, wha?

benign (adj): not dangerous to health

Oh, i mean it doesnt cause nasty side effects, we dont know wheter its dangerous to take it daily, however i beleive in serotonin releasers as the future antidepressants with a bigger effectiveness then the serotonin reuptake inhibitors, so i'm very interested in experimenting with it for a while. (Dont try this at home kids;)).

5HT2B agonism is probably the biggest possible issue, therefor wont keep on taking MDAI for too long.

^^except fluor hasnt gone thorugh some sketchy synthesis involving some pretty toxic substances. Any chemist with respect for him/herself would have done the final wash. Thats pretty damn easy and quick.

The base. I would reccomend using a different solvent though. the base is not very soluble in heptane. If it is, that MDAI is filled with other sorts of crap anyways. Im guessing DCM would work better, but using a lab for my personal interests is not an option for me, so heptane was the only solvent I had at my disposal.

The good thing is that the MDAI precipitated much faster than the other non polar impurities, so its quite easy to seperate when evaporating.

Hopefully this does not break any rules but in simple terms what would be the process to wash the mdai ?

1) Dissolve as much as you can in non polar solvent (dont use too much solvent)
2) Pour solution and thereafter water into seperation funnel.
3) Agitate a few times and let it sit.
4) Save the non polar phase and evaporate the solvent off.

The MDAI should precipitate on the sides of the container youre using for evaporation. Did with heptane anyways. There will probably be a small residue left at the bottom of the container. This is mostly impurities and should be discarded. The MDAI on the sides of the container should be sparkly white.

The freebase, it allmost turned completely black, i stored it at room temperature, maybe better to put in the freezer?
It still seems to work tough, but i'm not sure wheter this stuff could get toxic?

hmmm, I was recently reading about some problems with 4-xx-DET turning black & gooey. The pictures of the 4-aco-DET before look a similar brown color to the MDAI that's been floating around of late, and the 4-aco-DET i have currently is completely white.... Makes me wonder as to the possibility of a common impurity in these. Anyone with more knowledge about the synthesis of these care to weigh in?

When I was on 2c-i at New Years', I had a line of mephedrone and it completely dulled the trip. Maybe it's something to do with beta-ketones?

I was thinking perhaps the MDAI (or maybe the M1) had a higher affinity for 5HT receptors than 2c-e, thus blocking most of the 2c-e's action. Don't know about the serotonergic activity of meph, but it could just as easily be something else all together.

Anyone combined MDAI with ethcathinone? I might be interested in this combination, so if anyone has any first hand experiences they'd like to share I'm all ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.