View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy MDAI Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 30mg doses MDAI is like the perfect moodbooster.

I feel inclined to 2nd this, as the few times I really tried to go wild with the MDAI dosage all I got back was a smack in the face.

About 2 months of "every couple days or so" use at the 30-80mg level, and still have nothing bad to say about this compound. Taken along with psychedelics it keeps my visuals very positive, even festive. Still can feel very mildly entactogenic with it on occasion, still slightly erotic, but this is without a doubt primarily an antidepressant.

Had a bad relationship with Methylone which did end in wicked and uncharacteristic depression, but thankfully ran out of the stuff before things got any worse.

-

Took 60mg MDAI + 8mg intranasal MDPV (my first time trying anything intranasally, actually) about an hour ago, as I've often read folks contemplate the combo but never follow up on discussing it.

Plenty of antioxidants in my system atm, so with any luck the likely neurotoxicity of this combo will shut the door neatly on its way out, and not leave behind too big of a mess :p

I despise MDPV on its own, always gave me hell with side effects. So far the best I can say about this combo is that it reduces MDPV's tachycardia making it easier to enjoy whatever else is going on, and is actually a pretty smooth ride :D Not a roll (yet?), but as is typical of MDAI comboing, much better than either substance on its own.

I feel inclined to 2nd this, as the few times I really tried to go wild with the MDAI dosage all I got back was a smack in the face.

About 2 months of "every couple days or so" use at the 30-80mg level, and still have nothing bad to say about this compound. Taken along with psychedelics it keeps my visuals very positive, even festive. Still can feel very mildly entactogenic with it on occasion, still slightly erotic, but this is without a doubt primarily an antidepressant.

Had a bad relationship with Methylone which did end in wicked and uncharacteristic depression, but thankfully ran out of the stuff before things got any worse.

-

Took 60mg MDAI + 8mg intranasal MDPV (my first time trying anything intranasally, actually) about an hour ago, as I've often read folks contemplate the combo but never follow up on discussing it.

Plenty of antioxidants in my system atm, so with any luck the likely neurotoxicity of this combo will shut the door neatly on its way out, and not leave behind too big of a mess :p

I despise MDPV on its own, always gave me hell with side effects. So far the best I can say about this combo is that it reduces MDPV's tachycardia making it easier to enjoy whatever else is going on, and is actually a pretty smooth ride :D Not a roll (yet?), but as is typical of MDAI comboing, much better than either substance on its own.

I tried MDPV myself a year ago but i just couldnt handle the side effects, extreme paranoia and jitters, never experienced such a bad stimulation. If MDAI takes care of most of the side effects i may try it again in combination.

Is this with your MAOB 'incapacitated'?

ebola

Is this with your MAOB 'incapacitated'?

ebola

Most responsibly, yes.

3.5 weeks off of L-Dep at present, primarily to open up the option of experimenting with phenethylamines (2C-P sometime in the near future).

Recent tantalizing yet necessarily fleeting forays into DMT space, combined with certain RL circumstances, have made the prospect of a full-fledged entheogenic journey a local minima this neural ensemble shall be settling into for the sake of guidance and of course a little fun ;)

-

And thank you for mentioning this, as I can't imagine anyone should even consider MDPV while on an MAO-B inhibitor! Something about that combo flashes red lights, IMO. Impressive that you can remember what meds an infrequent Bluelighter is likely to be on %)

On another note, MDPV seems to have completely canceled out MDAI's orgasm inhibition, NOT THAT I'M COMPLAINING MIND YOU =D

About 2 hours into this and it has become quite pleasant. I feel that were I to have taken a 50% higher dose this would be overpowering. The stim side of things seemed to be dominating at first, but now the mellower signature of the two is the winning combatant!

Thanks for sharing, Lunar.

I've been wanting to try this combo for quite some time but was hesitant due to lack of reportage. Shouldn't be too long before I give it a whirl :)

3.5 weeks off of L-Dep at present, primarily to open up the option of experimenting with phenethylamines (2C-P sometime in the near future).

Good deal. Sounds prudent.

And thank you for mentioning this, as I can't imagine anyone should even consider MDPV while on an MAO-B inhibitor! Something about that combo flashes red lights, IMO.

Well, the dosage you gave (8 mg) is pretty monstrous (given the multiplicative fx of an MAOBI and DARI), unless you have a similarly monstrous tolerance. But yeah. I wouldn't combine l-dep with something that experimental, and I'd likely have started with something like a .1 mic tester (after having determined that I didn't react bizarrely to Ritalin).

IMO. Impressive that you can remember what meds an infrequent Bluelighter is likely to be on

I have a funny memory, and you have a striking avatar. ;)

ebola

I'm on 150 mg and 300mg 4FMP now (thats a very high dose of 4FMP, and i warn everyone against taking such doses, the dosing may be off because the gram i got wasnt a realy gram (i disolved it in water, but the vendor could have send me not enough or my natural tolerance to that compound is very high)

I can definatly recommend this combination, feels very intense and is MDMA like.

I'l write a better trip report later.

actually people are interested in this combination because it is assumed to be not neurotoxic.

^ Both are very present with this one. Especially nystagmus (in all directions) especially during the comeup.

I am 100% sure that my gabapentin is synergizing with the MDAI to make things nicer. [

I decided to try it again today. At 80mg (rectal - as acetate), it produced a rush and a buzz that one cannot ignore. It is VERY entactogenic, but not so much an empathogen. Actually, it is more of an aphrodisiac. Too bad it inhibits orgasm...

So making this acetate: just add drops of standard distilled white vinegar until all has dissolved? Should plain water be added too to dilute any remaining acid?

Does the acetate version improve things over just water + freebase (haven't tried.)

Is acetate just as good as HCl for our purposes?

So making this acetate: just add drops of standard distilled white vinegar until all has dissolved?

Dissolve the freebase in vinegar, then slowly simmer on low heat until all the water has evaporated. Being a volatile acid, any excess acetic acid will evaporate along with the water.

The same will work with HCl, but then you'll need a gas mask as you don't want to breathe in gaseous hydrogen chloride...

Math!

OK, it's been a long time since honors Chemistry, but let's give this a shot:

1 mol MDAI = 177.1998g
1 mol acetic acid = 60.05g

The vinegar I'm looking at is 5%, wikipedia says that's usually by mass.

So for 1 mol MDAI I need about 1.201kg of 5% vinegar, or 1.2L.

And so for an approx dose of 100mg that would be less than 0.67mL of 5% vinegar, say an even 1mL just to be sure.

Mix it up until there are no more particulates, simmer until no liquid left, then re-add water to make the salt solution.

Sound right?

Should I end up with a white salt or will it still be chocolate brown? Can one smell vinegar from the acetate form?

Edit: I guess I don't remember my chemistry that well. Wikipedia also states that with a pH of about 2.4 there are only 0.4% of the acetate ions available. So 100mg of MDAI freebase would in fact need about 670mL of distilled 5% vinegar.

Or maybe I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about...

Last edited:
I just dosed 20mg d-amphetamine a half hour ago, and will take 165mg MDAI in another 30 minutes or so. I'm on 5mg selegiline daily, so neurotoxicity should be blocked or at least heavily mitigated. I'll report back on how psychedelic/euphoric/empathogenic this cocktail is in a little while.

EDIT: Okay, 165mg MDAI down the hatch 74 minutes after taking the amphetamine. Should be rolling hard in an hour.

Last edited:
<snip>

Or maybe I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about...

I think this may be the case.
Your original math is correct.

Yes, at a pH of 2.4 only a small fraction of the acetic acid will be dissociated.... but:
1) by the time the pH is that low, the MDAI will have been fully converted
2) even if that was the case at the pH of interest, the dissociated acid would react (and be continually replenished as more acetic acid dissociates).

I am not confident that 100mg of MDAI Acetate will dissolve in 1ml of water though. Could barely get 100mg of the HCl into 2-3ml. You may end up needing to add more water ("mix, gently heat to dissolve, and add water if needed" would be my protocol)

I just dosed 20mg d-amphetamine a half hour ago, and will take 165mg MDAI in another 30 minutes or so. I'm on 5mg selegiline daily, so neurotoxicity should be blocked or at least heavily mitigated. I'll report back on how psychedelic/euphoric/empathogenic this cocktail is in a little while.

EDIT: Okay, 165mg MDAI down the hatch 74 minutes after taking the amphetamine. Should be rolling hard in an hour.

okay...I hope that you have both acquired tolerance to stimulants and you've tried a similar dose of MDAI + selegiline (there should be potentiation with the latter).

ebola

Status
Not open for further replies.